Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116779 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are trying to tell me "and" is not a word? lol.
No, I am telling you your language skills are zero.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116780 Aug 11, 2012
Startshititus wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb....
You're doing it right.
You are advising him, lol.

http://www.towson.edu/ows/conjunctions.htm

CONJUNCTIONS

Conjunctions are words used as joiners.

Different kinds of conjunctions join different kinds of grammatical structures.

The following are the kinds of conjunctions:

A. COORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS

for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so

Coordinating conjunctions join equals to one another:

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116781 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In Genesis 10 we find which one of Noah’s descendants was responsible for stopping and building the tower. It was “Ham‘s descendants. Notice the other two sons (Shem and Japheth) descendants were not there.
10 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
Genesis 10:
6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
9 He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.
10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
Genesis 11
King James Version (KJV)
1. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
More quotes from your book of errors.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#116782 Aug 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying you can't freaking count to 4.

A 10 month old can count to 4.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#116783 Aug 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
From Richardfs:

“There are three words that spring to mind with Duck12, ignorance, lies and hypocrisy.”

It just so happens that

“ignorance, lies and hypocrisy”

Happen to be 4 words not 3.

This is so funny because you are so prideful that you can’t even admit to a mistake. You would rather try to prove,“ignorance, lies and hypocrisy” is 3 words.

This is why I do this. I have so much fun with you ignorant atheist. Just as dumb as a bag of rocks. You claim you are a teacher and a physicist and you can’t count to 4?

How basic is counting to 4 ????

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116784 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
From Richardfs:
“There are three words that spring to mind with Duck12, ignorance, lies and hypocrisy.”
It just so happens that
This is so funny because you are so prideful that you can’t even admit to a mistake. You would rather try to prove,“ignorance, lies and hypocrisy” is 3 words.
This is why I do this. I have so much fun with you ignorant atheist. Just as dumb as a bag of rocks. You claim you are a teacher and a physicist and you can’t count to 4?
Congratulates on another meltdown.

Since: Mar 11

Ft Mitchell, KY

#116785 Aug 11, 2012
Well he could be a trailer trash tard past due for the nursing home.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It claims to be a grandfather, could you imagine how many lives it has screwed up?

Ft Mitchell, KY

#116786 Aug 11, 2012
Myth writers often wrote a story but used a well known character from previous myths. Spiderman appears in several comics even along side superman and he met Obama!

Doesn't mean spiderman really exists right?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In Genesis 10 we find which one of Noah’s descendants was responsible for stopping and building the tower. It was “Ham‘s descendants. Notice the other two sons (Shem and Japheth) descendants were not there.
10 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
Genesis 10:
7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
9 He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.
10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
Genesis 11
King James Version (KJV)
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Ft Mitchell, KY

#116787 Aug 11, 2012
I bet you're the 28th smartest guy in your trailer park.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, your attempts to respond are awkward and callow at best. Your attempt to have some level of competence always falls beneath the mark. You are flailing in your struggle. Like a fish out of water.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#116788 Aug 11, 2012
Let me make a correction:
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In Genesis 10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

Genesis 11:1. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
You are welcome.

Ft Mitchell, KY

#116789 Aug 11, 2012
Coincidently 4 is also the number of head injuries you have suffered! Neat it must be a prophecy! Tell us again how in the old testament women were equal to men and the Jews got along peacefully with their neighbors.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying you can't freaking count to 4.
A 10 month old can count to 4.

Ft Mitchell, KY

#116790 Aug 11, 2012
Hey half wit why did God only destroy the tower if it was the city that got under his skirt?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 10:
Genesis 11
King James Version (KJV)

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116791 Aug 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is only 26 in the park.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#116792 Aug 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he was smart enough to hid this contradiction!

In Genesis 10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

You have to give him some credit for that!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#116793 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
From Richardfs:
It just so happens that
So no proof of god yet. Come on theists, the lies are wearing thin now..

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116794 Aug 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he was smart enough to hid this contradiction!
You have to give him some credit for that!
I don't give credit to dishonesty.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#116795 Aug 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give credit to dishonesty.
I can understand that. My only point is; he is obviously not a stupid fundie. He is a semi-intelligent young kid, who is in desperate need of attention.

The good part about this is; a stupid fundie cannot be taught or saved from their situation, a young semi-intelligent kid can be.

So, while I don't give credit to the dishonesty, I can see that there is light at the end of his tunnel.

If nothing else, he is helping us show how dishonest christianity, and all the others, are. If the average christian were to stop by here, they might start asking themselves some questions, such as.

Would I leave out a verse if I knew it would disprove my point? Or worse, bring to light another bible contradiction?

Do I really believe that my god would torture my non-christian friends, for eternity?

How am I to know which parts of the bible are to be taken literal and which are not?

Why do christians, and all the others, get so offended when I ask questions?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116796 Aug 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand that. My only point is; he is obviously not a stupid fundie. He is a semi-intelligent young kid, who is in desperate need of attention.
The good part about this is; a stupid fundie cannot be taught or saved from their situation, a young semi-intelligent kid can be.
So, while I don't give credit to the dishonesty, I can see that there is light at the end of his tunnel.
If nothing else, he is helping us show how dishonest christianity, and all the others, are. If the average christian were to stop by here, they might start asking themselves some questions, such as.
Would I leave out a verse if I knew it would disprove my point? Or worse, bring to light another bible contradiction?
Do I really believe that my god would torture my non-christian friends, for eternity?
How am I to know which parts of the bible are to be taken literal and which are not?
Why do christians, and all the others, get so offended when I ask questions?
I agree there so many conditions in the way they think it is astounding.

As for people like Duck12 been offended by questions, well imagine been taught to have unquestioning faith and then have some one question the core of your existence?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#116797 Aug 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there so many conditions in the way they think it is astounding.
As for people like Duck12 been offended by questions, well imagine been taught to have unquestioning faith and then have some one question the core of your existence?
No, Duck would not be offended! He doesn't care about religion anymore than you and I do. It's the preachers, elders and such who get offended. If you ask too many question of them, they know you are messing with their bread and butter!

Duck only wants attention and to draw out some emotions from us. He is a lonely kid. He openly lies, because of the attention it gets him. He has been caught several times omitting information, to get an emotional response from us.

Preachers omit information for money, trolls do it for attention.

“Heat it up beat it up gotta go”

Since: Jan 10

Wait. What?

#116798 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are advising him, lol.
http://www.towson.edu/ows/conjunctions.htm
CONJUNCTIONS
Conjunctions are words used as joiners.
Different kinds of conjunctions join different kinds of grammatical structures.
The following are the kinds of conjunctions:
A. COORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS
for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so
Coordinating conjunctions join equals to one another:
So, conjunctions aren't adjectives correct?

So, just including "and" into your little list makes your terribly dense and/or a troll. I'm guessing AND a troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 92,407
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Gabriel 979,325
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min MUQ2 285,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min lisw 183,613
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chuck 667,635
More from around the web