Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255899 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#114118 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A coward like that would never meet me.
Back to name calling again. You really do have anger management issues.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#114119 Jul 22, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You see, you act all pious and "holier than thou" because he misspells the bible and calls you a godbot, but here you suggest that he and his "gang" (meaning atheists, I assume) would support, and enjoy, the death penalty if it were enforced only on christians. If your gonna dish out ridiculous insults like this, you should be prepared to take the comparability light slights he has been directing towards you.
The truth is I am TOTALLY and I mean TOTALLY against the death penalty.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#114120 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t believe in pre tribulation rapture as some claim. It’s not in the bible anywhere.
I do believe Christ will come back one day. How soon? I have no idea.
You are actually fulfilling some of the biblical prophecy with your question.
2 Peter 3:3, 4
3.“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.”
Yes, Jesus was talking to his disciples in a future tense. He was foretelling of what was to come. Not in their lifetimes but in the lifetime of the end times.
Are we in the end times? I think the end times covers several decades. One of the key factors in the return of Jesus Christ will be the Anti Christ. When the Anti Christ comes on the scene the clock will be running for Christ’s return.
The Anti Christ has not came on the scene yet. We are still awaiting his appearance. He is going to be a problem solver and a world leader. Most likely from one of the countries in Europe.
Harold Camping is an idiot. The bible clearly says no man knows the day or hour of Christ return.
Of course I'm fulfilling a prophecy, because how hard is it to predict that people would criticize a claim as ridiculous as the rapture? Truly, only a deity could have predicted that someone would look at this stuff in disbelief.

How do you know that Jesus was talking in the future tense? I mean, obviously that's what you have to believe for your logic to remain consistent, your belief system would fall apart if you couldn't convince yourself that he was speaking to future generations, but how do you know? Where does it specifically state that he was speaking to the future, and that he was not doing what it appears he was doing, which is telling his followers that he will come back for them before they die?

Do you know how long people have been saying we are in the end times? How many generations have thought that they would be the lucky few that got to experience the return of jesus? How many people have been accused of being the antichrist? For some people, obama is the antichrist, for some it was hitler, for others it has been whoever fit the bill at the time. Prophecy is intentionally vague so as to allow endless interpretations and re-interpretations, so that some claims can be called hits and the ones that appear to miss can be re appropriated to some other event or some other time to mean something else entirely.

Location hidden

#114121 Jul 22, 2012
Also, please do not say that you know he was talking to the future because the rapture hasn't happened yet.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#114122 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s not an accidental misspelling. If it was I would be fine with it. He knows the correct spelling. He is doing it as a irreverent and disrespectful bigot. I don’t know how old you are but I lived through some of the civil rights era.
Blacks were called a demeaning name and it is the notorious “N” word. It was a slang word meant to degrade and humiliate blacks as if they were less than human. The same was for any minority including the American Indian.
This is why your partner in crime calls Christians “Godbots,” and other demented names. He is a bigot plain and simple. It’s open season so he thinks here on Topix. He will get some respect when he ceases and desist his open bigotry.
I don’t hate atheist. My father was an atheist. He wasn’t a piece of sh** like a few are here on topix. I do hate bigots including the atheist who openly practice their craft of bigotry here on this topix channel.
I do not call all Christians godbots. I reserve that distinction for people like you:-

godbot

GODBOT:(noun) someone programmed from birth to follow religious leaders' every wish; often indoctrinated in Christian fellowships closed off to free thinkers. Extremely dangerous when church leaders use the GodBots to harm other non-GodBots. GODBOTIC (verb) used to describe the hateful actions perpetuated by Christian people who won't listen to reason or logic.(thanks, Anonymous at Datalounge, whoever you are)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Location hidden

#114123 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s not an accidental misspelling. If it was I would be fine with it. He knows the correct spelling. He is doing it as a irreverent and disrespectful bigot. I don’t know how old you are but I lived through some of the civil rights era.
Blacks were called a demeaning name and it is the notorious “N” word. It was a slang word meant to degrade and humiliate blacks as if they were less than human. The same was for any minority including the American Indian.
This is why your partner in crime calls Christians “Godbots,” and other demented names. He is a bigot plain and simple. It’s open season so he thinks here on Topix. He will get some respect when he ceases and desist his open bigotry.
I don’t hate atheist. My father was an atheist. He wasn’t a piece of sh** like a few are here on topix. I do hate bigots including the atheist who openly practice their craft of bigotry here on this topix channel.
I never said it was accidental, my point is that it is really not a big deal and it is a little ridiculous for you to get all upset over it.

Also, it is a little bit ridiculous for you to compare the comparatively mild godbot to the n word, and it trivializes the power of the latter.

My "partner in crime?" I may agree with some of what he says, and we may share a certain viewpoint, but it's not like we're ganging up on you.

Also, you have to understand that you also take part in some of the behavior that you accuse him of. I don't feel like searching out all of your posts, but you literally *just* made a claim that atheists would support and thoroughly enjoy the death penalty if it only applied to christians. Is that not bigotry? I am not petty enough to be offended by what some random guy says on the internet, but the comment itself is an offensive one - insinuating that all atheists are blood thirsty assholes who would just love to see a bunch of christians die. Do you not remember writing that?

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#114124 Jul 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give Eagle a break.
He has a speech impediment.
Can't write phroperly.
Now that's phunny.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#114125 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that your religion teaches how to keep slaves, it would be wise not to bring up the obvious racial point to avoid your embarrassment.

Calling someone a godbot is not equivalent to calling a black person the n word. When you've had the silver spoon taken out of your mouth maybe you'd realise how foolish your home schooling has been...

Since: Mar 11

Lewis Center, OH

#114126 Jul 23, 2012
What does God need with a star ship? Spock and Captain Kirk.

See I can talk fiction too!:)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t believe in pre tribulation rapture as some claim. It’s not in the bible anywhere.
I do believe Christ will come back one day. How soon? I have no idea.
You are actually fulfilling some of the biblical prophecy with your question.
2 Peter 3:3, 4
3.“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.”
Yes, Jesus was talking to his disciples in a future tense. He was foretelling of what was to come. Not in their lifetimes but in the lifetime of the end times.
Are we in the end times? I think the end times covers several decades. One of the key factors in the return of Jesus Christ will be the Anti Christ. When the Anti Christ comes on the scene the clock will be running for Christ’s return.
The Anti Christ has not came on the scene yet. We are still awaiting his appearance. He is going to be a problem solver and a world leader. Most likely from one of the countries in Europe.
Harold Camping is an idiot. The bible clearly says no man knows the day or hour of Christ return.

Lewis Center, OH

#114127 Jul 23, 2012
My my my that was a completely random temper tantrum. Feel better now little fella?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you would believe in the death penalty if it was enforced only on Christians. Why, hell you might even enjoy attending. You could even make some extra money selling soft drinks and popcorn to your atheist friends.
Your gang could have good Christian folks arrested and tried for singing too loud in church. Then sentence them to death by hanging the same day. Wouldn’t that be fun?

United States

#114128 Jul 23, 2012
There is nothing to indicate he was. You only can come to that conclusion by saying, well he royally screwed up errrr but Jesus was perfect dahurrrr it it it so it must have been about future generations! Ya that's the ticket!!

Rotflmfao!!! Take off the blinders loser!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the answer you seem to miss. Jesus was talking to his disciples but he was speaking prophetically to the generation in the end times. Again for about the third time.
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language. Jesus was talking in future tense.
Now am I going to have to keep repeating the same answer over and over or are you going to capture what I’m telling you.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#114129 Jul 23, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to keep raining on your parade but aaaah it’s been more than a few minutes. Just a piece of friendly advice. You might want to consider crossing over to the sane and try writing something coherent.
I could have sworn, that I did credit the author on that piece. Didn't I? He is not an atheist, you know. He is though, incredibly cognizant of how our political system is operated, and response to his views are not mandatory, nor even expected.

My commentaries on the other hand are usually,very sane and coherent views, of the very insane and incoherent buybull, and those I do expect commentary on.

Earth,TX

#114131 Jul 23, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you would believe in the death penalty if it was enforced only on Christians. Why, hell you might even enjoy attending. You could even make some extra money selling soft drinks and popcorn to your atheist friends.
Your gang could have good Christian folks arrested and tried for singing too loud in church. Then sentence them to death by hanging the same day. Wouldn’t that be fun?
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, damn you have divorced yourself from reality, with that one.

It does though, make me realize that all those hints that you drop, as to your mental state, being so far from Ok, is real. You sir are fractured. And, you are looking like something the authorities, maybe should be paying heed to. You are not all together, all together.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Tumble, UK

#114133 Jul 23, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the polarity pointing towards each other.
In an ion you will have holes in the symmetry of the circumference. Stronger and weaker sections. One of the fascinating things about 3D. You get leverage.
Don't forget these clouds are moving pretty fast.
In the link I posted before this you will read " It is an electrified gas" concerning plasma. Electricity produces a magnetic field. Always. Part of the EM thingy.
Why is this? if can't answer you can't say what you have been saying

Earth,TX

#114134 Jul 23, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
My my my that was a completely random temper tantrum. Feel better now little fella?
<quoted text>
Wow, "From the mind of a Christain.....", nasty, horrible.

Damn, he just plain went into a tailspin with that post. If he were part of my family, we'd be seeing him sitting in regular sessions with a psychiatrist. He couldn't be trusted for a while (and maybe never), once we knew he thought like that.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#114135 Jul 23, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the answer you seem to miss. Jesus was talking to his disciples but he was speaking prophetically to the generation in the end times. Again for about the third time.
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language. Jesus was talking in future tense.
Now am I going to have to keep repeating the same answer over and over or are you going to capture what I’m telling you.
Bullshit. jesus is talking to his boys and telling them what they will see. He never changes tense, no matter how much you cry and stomp your feet.

If what you say were true, somewhere your jesus would have said something like, the future generate will see this and that, but he does not. He says, you disciple will see this and that.

I know that you realize this, but trolling is the only attention you get. I hope you have enjoyed my attention!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#114136 Jul 23, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
While reading this, the Rolling Stones song, 19th Nervous Breakdown, was quite fittingly, playing in the background!

Did anyone else hear it?

United States

#114137 Jul 23, 2012
Yes indeed. That was a total bipolar meltdown worthy of a few weeks in a mental institution. This forum has really unhinged him I think we broke him. Maybe we should go a bit easier on the Fundie losers on here or else they may go on a violent gun spree at a museum screaming ID is so science!!!!
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, "From the mind of a Christain.....", nasty, horrible.
Damn, he just plain went into a tailspin with that post. If he were part of my family, we'd be seeing him sitting in regular sessions with a psychiatrist. He couldn't be trusted for a while (and maybe never), once we knew he thought like that.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#114138 Jul 23, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet love, your believing that you are beating me is indicative of your emotional issues.
As is what you consider coherent.
You rant a lot. Nothing with any scientific logic to it, just emotional rants with scientific sounding terms thrown in for effect.
One day, if you should wake up in a more settled and lucid state, force yourself to go back and review your past posts. It is best if you go back far enough so that you have forgotten what you wrote. Say a couple of days or so. Look at them with a fresh pair of eyes, so to speak. Perhaps then you will see what I refer to.
I still love you, darling. So does Jesus.
There you go again with the emotion crap, I hope it makes you feel better to lie for your god. You do realise that the christian faith teaches that satan is the father of lies, you lying can only mean one thing, you are a secret satan worshiper lying for your god. You really bust be psychotic if you believe that, was it your god satan who told you, that would fit the diagnosis

You really would not understand scientific logic if it sat on you face and smothered you. Pseudo science and wet god dreams do not count

Honey, I don’t forget what I wrote, unlike you who changes his dream every couple of weeks.

You love me? Symptom of your psychosis, see your doctor. Jesus? No such person, perhaps you mean Judas of the Sicari, a well known terrorist and murderer who seems to be the role model and mini god you people base you lives on. P.S. Look up Julius Pantera, even the Tenahk says that he was the father of your myth

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#114139 Jul 23, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Christine and DoubleDip understand nothing beyond what the orthodoxy imparts to them.
Their reaction to things like ID is emotional, as a priesthood reacts to heresy.
In football, the coaches attempted to fire us up before a game. They would say "Get your piss hot!"
Christine and DoubleCross have their piss hot.
Ahh, where would we be without the understanding and compassion of the deliberately ignorant

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Insults Are Easier 55,896
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min RoSesz 649,765
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Just Saying 972,381
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr DENG 39,052
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 426
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 182,930
should i give my brother a bj? (Dec '12) 2 hr James 33
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,291
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web