Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#114078 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not learn in school of ,“Past, Present, and Future Tense?”
Here you are making the assumption Jesus was talking in the present tense. But in the scripture it is clear that he is talking in a future tense. Meaning the generation that see’s these futuristic prophecies will not pass until all these things be fulfilled.
Mathew 24:34
34.“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
So English is a second language for you.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#114079 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another mangled and twisted rant by one living in a psychoses. No offence but you are fu#^ed up. That’s saying it nicely.
So again you evade the issue, with a personal attack. Keep dodging. I expect nothing less of you

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#114080 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are making the assumption Jesus was talking in the present tense. But in the scripture it is clear that he is talking in a future tense. Meaning the generation that see’s these futuristic prophecies will not pass until all these things be fulfilled.
34.“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
While talking to his disciples, he says, "9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."

They are already dead, are they coming back too? And then killed again?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114081 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still talking to his disciples, "20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

Are they coming back to life to fight? And your god doesn't know when they will be fighting?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114082 Jul 22, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So again you evade the issue, with a personal attack. Keep dodging. I expect nothing less of you
Clearly they cannot keep up, so attacking is the only offense they have.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#114083 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fairly quickly?"
How long did it take science to uproot the fraud of Harckel’s Embro’s? 100 years?
The point is, the fraud was discovered. You are proving his point. Science has built in mechanisms by which any incorrect conclusions and/or instances of fraud will be rooted out, if given enough time. Religion does not. Religion starts from a conclusion and works backwards, trying to fit the pieces into the shape that they want.

Location hidden

#114084 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one that made the claim, "We don't need to lie to support a myth."
I showed you that your science community has lied to support your myths.
You have the mind of an earthworm. No one can tell the difference between your mouth and a**.
You do realize you are being made a fool of on a world platform.
You are assuming that any dishonesty that occurs in the scientific community is in direct service of some sort of over-arching agenda. I'm sure that, in some cases, this is true. Some scientists have lied, cheated, or outright falsified an entire experiment to support one theory or another. But that is not the only possible motivation; some do it for fame, some do it for money, some do it for the hell of it. The difference between science and religion (well, one of the many differences) is that science does not operate in the service of some higher goal - except for the pursuit of the truth. Believe it or not, while evolution would be a difficult paradigm to overcome, if legitimate, irrefutable evidence came to light that proved evolution wrong, the scientific consensus would eventually come to reflect that. The same cannot be said of religion.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#114086 Jul 22, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are assuming that any dishonesty that occurs in the scientific community is in direct service of some sort of over-arching agenda. I'm sure that, in some cases, this is true. Some scientists have lied, cheated, or outright falsified an entire experiment to support one theory or another. But that is not the only possible motivation; some do it for fame, some do it for money, some do it for the hell of it. The difference between science and religion (well, one of the many differences) is that science does not operate in the service of some higher goal - except for the pursuit of the truth. Believe it or not, while evolution would be a difficult paradigm to overcome, if legitimate, irrefutable evidence came to light that proved evolution wrong, the scientific consensus would eventually come to reflect that. The same cannot be said of religion.
Sad you base this view on false assumptions.

Location hidden

#114087 Jul 22, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad you base this view on false assumptions.
Sad that you do absolutely nothing to back up your claim. What assumptions?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#114088 Jul 22, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer, now what was the bibull cure for leprosy?
Nope, until you learn to show a little respect by spelling the Bible correctly I’m not going to answer any of your biblical questions. Remember this buck wheat.

Location hidden

#114089 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, until you learn to show a little respect by spelling the Bible correctly I’m not going to answer any of your biblical questions. Remember this buck wheat.
Would you be so upset if he misspelled the koran? Or does your superficial piousness only cover the religion you think is right?

Southern Illinois

#114090 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
While talking to his disciples, he says, "9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."
They are already dead, are they coming back too? And then killed again?
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language.

Jesus is talking in the FUTURE TENSE to a generation that was NOT alive at the time. He was foretelling the future.

FUTURE TENSE!!!

I know you are not stupid because you have shown you can grasp an answer even if you don’t agree.

Southern Illinois

#114091 Jul 22, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be so upset if he misspelled the koran? Or does your superficial piousness only cover the religion you think is right?
I think he know's how to spell bible correctly.

Southern Illinois

#114092 Jul 22, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So English is a second language for you.
Yep just like Goat is your primary language.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114093 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And why won't you answer mine? Did I say something to offend you, too?

Jesus was talking to his boys, in the present, about the very near future. You copy and paste has been proven wrong, yet again.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114094 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language.
Jesus is talking in the FUTURE TENSE to a generation that was NOT alive at the time. He was foretelling the future.
FUTURE TENSE!!!
I know you are not stupid because you have shown you can grasp an answer even if you don’t agree.
More CAPS! The more CAPS you use, the truer your statements must be, right? LOL!

This is jesus talking to his boys, "23 At that time if anyone says to you,‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or,‘There he is!’ do not believe it."

I have given a number of examples of where jesus is talking to the disciples, in the present, about what they will see. Are they still alive? Are there 2000+ year old men walking around?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114095 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
FUTURE TENSE!!!
Who is jesus talking to here?

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately.“Tell us,” they said,“when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered:“Watch out that no one deceives you.

Yes, the disciples.

Where, in the chapter does jesus change from talking to the disciples to talking to future generations.

"I know you are not stupid", I wish I could say the same for you.
Eagle12

Troy, IL

#114096 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is jesus talking to here?
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately.“Tell us,” they said,“when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
4 Jesus answered:“Watch out that no one deceives you.
Yes, the disciples.
Where, in the chapter does jesus change from talking to the disciples to talking to future generations.
"I know you are not stupid", I wish I could say the same for you.
Phrophecy
Eagle12

Troy, IL

#114097 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
More CAPS! The more CAPS you use, the truer your statements must be, right? LOL!
This is jesus talking to his boys, "23 At that time if anyone says to you,‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or,‘There he is!’ do not believe it."
I have given a number of examples of where jesus is talking to the disciples, in the present, about what they will see. Are they still alive? Are there 2000+ year old men walking around?
Phrophecy

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#114098 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phrophecy
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phrophecy
You can pretend anything you want, Eagle, including pretending prophecy is spelled "phrophecy".

Did we ever get around to discussing the Jericho lacuna?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 579,014
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min True Truth 609,820
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min lightbeamrider 817,553
Women and Men: DO NOT marry/date an Engineer!!! (Oct '08) 1 hr Rohan 101
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 39,955
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 2,190
whats wrong with people that dont believe in je... (Jan '12) 1 hr Reason Personified 1,072
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 176,207
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 270,109
More from around the web