Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239214 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#114090 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
While talking to his disciples, he says, "9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."
They are already dead, are they coming back too? And then killed again?
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language.

Jesus is talking in the FUTURE TENSE to a generation that was NOT alive at the time. He was foretelling the future.

FUTURE TENSE!!!

I know you are not stupid because you have shown you can grasp an answer even if you don’t agree.

Southern Illinois

#114091 Jul 22, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you be so upset if he misspelled the koran? Or does your superficial piousness only cover the religion you think is right?
I think he know's how to spell bible correctly.

Southern Illinois

#114092 Jul 22, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So English is a second language for you.
Yep just like Goat is your primary language.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#114093 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, until you learn to show a little respect by spelling the Bible correctly I’m not going to answer any of your biblical questions. Remember this buck wheat.
And why won't you answer mine? Did I say something to offend you, too?

Jesus was talking to his boys, in the present, about the very near future. You copy and paste has been proven wrong, yet again.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114094 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language.
Jesus is talking in the FUTURE TENSE to a generation that was NOT alive at the time. He was foretelling the future.
FUTURE TENSE!!!
I know you are not stupid because you have shown you can grasp an answer even if you don’t agree.
More CAPS! The more CAPS you use, the truer your statements must be, right? LOL!

This is jesus talking to his boys, "23 At that time if anyone says to you,‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or,‘There he is!’ do not believe it."

I have given a number of examples of where jesus is talking to the disciples, in the present, about what they will see. Are they still alive? Are there 2000+ year old men walking around?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#114095 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
FUTURE TENSE!!!
Who is jesus talking to here?

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately.“Tell us,” they said,“when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered:“Watch out that no one deceives you.

Yes, the disciples.

Where, in the chapter does jesus change from talking to the disciples to talking to future generations.

"I know you are not stupid", I wish I could say the same for you.
Eagle12

Troy, IL

#114096 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately.“Tell us,” they said,“when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
Yes, the disciples.
Where, in the chapter does jesus change from talking to the disciples to talking to future generations.
Phrophecy
Eagle12

Troy, IL

#114097 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
More CAPS! The more CAPS you use, the truer your statements must be, right? LOL!
This is jesus talking to his boys, "23 At that time if anyone says to you,‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or,‘There he is!’ do not believe it."
I have given a number of examples of where jesus is talking to the disciples, in the present, about what they will see. Are they still alive? Are there 2000+ year old men walking around?
Phrophecy

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#114098 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phrophecy
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phrophecy
You can pretend anything you want, Eagle, including pretending prophecy is spelled "phrophecy".

Did we ever get around to discussing the Jericho lacuna?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#114099 Jul 22, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You can pretend anything you want, Eagle, including pretending prophecy is spelled "phrophecy".
Give Eagle a break.

He has a speech impediment.

Can't write phroperly.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#114100 Jul 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give Eagle a break.
Can't write phroperly.
Lol.

My bad.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#114101 Jul 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Over 99% of the visible matter is plasma. That is charged particles, very susceptible to magnetic influences, and even capable of creating magnetic fields. Which can then lead to organizing itself into neutral particles. Particularly with other magnetic and gravitational forces laying about to help shape that organization. Even over some very vast distances.
You can not see a magnetic field. Only the effects of it on particles. I use the term particles for simplification. Same with distances.
Science has come up with something called dark matter or dark energy. You can't see it. Just the effects of it.
We see effects that require a magnetic field to be present to explain the phenomena. It can not be explained any other way.

There are no effects noted to date that require a creator. Other more likely explanations are possible.

Southern Illinois

#114102 Jul 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give Eagle a break.
Can't write phroperly.
Bless you, I was trying to watch a movie with the kids. I was using a Kindle, my mistake.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#114103 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you, I was trying to watch a movie with the kids. I was using a Kindle, my mistake.
No problem.

Phrops to you.

Southern Illinois

#114104 Jul 22, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the disciples.
Here is the answer you seem to miss. Jesus was talking to his disciples but he was speaking prophetically to the generation in the end times. Again for about the third time.

In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language. Jesus was talking in future tense.

Now am I going to have to keep repeating the same answer over and over or are you going to capture what I’m telling you.

Southern Illinois

#114105 Jul 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give Eagle a break.
Can't write phroperly.
I bet you would believe in the death penalty if it was enforced only on Christians. Why, hell you might even enjoy attending. You could even make some extra money selling soft drinks and popcorn to your atheist friends.

Your gang could have good Christian folks arrested and tried for singing too loud in church. Then sentence them to death by hanging the same day. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Southern Illinois

#114106 Jul 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
Phrops to you.
No phroblem, Thanks.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#114107 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, until you learn to show a little respect by spelling the Bible correctly I’m not going to answer any of your biblical questions....
Why should anybody respect a book of myths with so many mistakes in it?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Remember this buck wheat.
Remember what?

Name calling how very godbot of you.

Southern Illinois

#114108 Jul 22, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Give them a second or two, it hasn't been posted very long at all.
Not to keep raining on your parade but aaaah it’s been more than a few minutes. Just a piece of friendly advice. You might want to consider crossing over to the sane and try writing something coherent.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#114109 Jul 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the answer you seem to miss. Jesus was talking to his disciples but he was speaking prophetically to the generation in the end times. Again for about the third time.
In the English language, there are three basic tenses: past, present and future. This is common knowledge among all educated writers of the English language. Jesus was talking in future tense.
Now am I going to have to keep repeating the same answer over and over or are you going to capture what I’m telling you.
If he was talking in the future tense, then why would he say "I say to you," and then go on to say that these things will pass before a generation. Why not say something that makes it clear who he is speaking to? For as long as the concept of the christian rapture has existed, people like you have been constantly backpedaling and having to explain why the rapture has not occurred yet. And this dishonesty and ignorance allows assholes like Harold Camping to ruin a lot of lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 838,671
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Porkpie Hat 271,341
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min 15th Dalai Lama 4,387
The Racism List: For Adult Actresses and Adult ... 13 min Timeitwassaid 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min WildWeirdWillie 176,948
how to rat someone out to the police for sellin... (Aug '10) 35 min Scott fixit 52
Prinzzess/Prinzzess Felicity Jade: The Terrible... 46 min Timeitwassaid 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 590,184
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mike thunkit 99,975
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 14 hr Finley 31
More from around the web