Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254996 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#110962 Jul 6, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went back and counted there are nine '6's missing, is that a sign?
Three times the beast?
You're mistaken. 6 is the sign of man. 616 is the sign of the devil.

So I was missing 666 616 666.

Man-devil-man sandwich.

Women win!!!

Again!

Ha! You suck!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#110963 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>What evidence?,
Youtube videos by the bucketload
bossdrop wrote:
you're a lying piece of sh__
Insulting in the name of Jesus?
bossdrop wrote:
you have not shown anything remotely imitating those Criss Angel videos.
Haha. Idiot.

So a guy is suspended from a wire, while the camera DOES NOT showwhat's above them, and you believe it's magic?
bossdrop wrote:
Its just the indoctrination of your religion showing that you can't admit not everything has a natural explanation. Your religion have really made your brain mash potatoes, I suggest a Shrink.
Hahahaha!

Wait wait.

Please do this. Go to any shrink. Tell him/her that you think I need a shrink, because I think Cris Angel does not use real magic, and see what he says!

#110964 Jul 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Bauldur's Gate 2 is the shining moment of RPGs!!!
Seriously, among the finest ever.
For the glory of Amn!

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#110965 Jul 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, what I established. You haven't the first clue what natural science is.
<quoted text>
You can kick and scream all you want, but ultimately, you are a five year old trying to convince us that the magic man on TV does real magic
<quoted text>
Yes, ever hear of them?
<quoted text>
Uhuh.
You can maybe name one idiot who subscribes to Creationism or ID. I can name thousands.
Boss. You are just an idiot trying to imagine that you can hold a candle to any one of us. Your view on natural science is as valid as Paris Hilton's
you can barely name 1000, and almost all of them are scared to lose their jobs, that's the only reason they back your religion.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Your mind and brain is just too limited and small to admit what the majority of the human race already knows, not all occurrences are of a natural nature. Your religion has so retarded your brain, you can't even see that.

Not only can I hold a candle to you, most of the world are frankly not as stupid as you atheist. I just enjoy pointing it our on topix.

Atl.

#110966 Jul 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Youtube videos by the bucketload
<quoted text>
Insulting in the name of Jesus?
<quoted text>
Haha. Idiot.
So a guy is suspended from a wire, while the camera DOES NOT showwhat's above them, and you believe it's magic?
<quoted text>
Hahahaha!
Wait wait.
Please do this. Go to any shrink. Tell him/her that you think I need a shrink, because I think Cris Angel does not use real magic, and see what he says!
Guy from a wire? LOL You had to be blind to have not seen that wire.

I'm not insulting Jesus, I'm insulting You. I hope you can at least tell the difference.

That's your problem, classroom professors tell you that your ancestors evolved from sh__, and you believe it. But you can't find an explanation for someone floating in the air, and your pea brain religious clouded mind must say its a natural trick. Worse, you say some wire which by those Criss Angel videos are clearly impossible.

Dang right you need a Shrink. Even a Shrink believes all phenomenons are not natural, its only the deluded 2 or 3% like yourself can't see that.

#110967 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>you can barely name 1000, and almost all of them are scared to lose their jobs, that's the only reason they back your religion.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Your mind and brain is just too limited and small to admit what the majority of the human race already knows, not all occurrences are of a natural nature. Your religion has so retarded your brain, you can't even see that.
Not only can I hold a candle to you, most of the world are frankly not as stupid as you atheist. I just enjoy pointing it our on topix.
You can hold a candle to me?
Ah.
Explain the following
1) The moon's orbit around the earth.
2) Differentiation. Not even the varsity stuff. The high school version is enough
3) What is the black layer above the dinosaurs?
4) What is the earth composed of
5) How many Creationsist mining companies are there?
6) Explain the gene that inhibits evolution (keeps it in it's own 'kind')

Some stable somewhere

#110968 Jul 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
For the glory of Amn!
Minsc and Boo are ready!

Beware evil, I'm packing a hamster!

Some stable somewhere

#110969 Jul 6, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I played a fair amount of OD&D and a bit of AD&D. I got out of it when my group of friends split up. I've never done any of the computer versions, although I played Civilization for a while (until I played through a minor fire). Eventually, I realized these are HUGE time sinks (even worse than Topix!) and stopped them entirely.
But somehow more rewarding...

What do you mean you played through a major fire?

Some stable somewhere

#110970 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>what you established?, ROFLMBO. You're a religious Hack. What you established isn't worth squat.
>Your< sources have nothing to do with science.
Universities?, LOLOLOL. Those "Science" professors teaching ape to man/Darwinism evolution are mostly preachers that teach a religious myth. their classroom IS the source of Indoctrination for pea brain atheists like yourself to get religiously indoctrinated.
What matters are what experienced Scientists with a track record of making research a BUSINESS, THEY are what matters, not those jokers that have a religious agenda and use their classrooms as a church pulpit.
Here is another respected Scientist that has actually put some skin in the game with his cash extensively refuting your religion:
Sanford’s Bio: Cornell Professor of 25 years (being semi-retired since 1998). He received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin in the area of plant breeding and genetics. He founded 2 successful biotech firms, Biolistics and Sanford Scientific. Most of the transgenic crops grown in the world today were genetically engineered using the gene gun technology developed by Sanford. He still holds a position of Courtesy Associate Professor at Cornell.
http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-de...
"I have to say it out loud: the Emperor has no clothes!" lol, that's great!
---
Your pastors that had you in their classrooms just wanted to make a sucker out of you. And by all account they succeeded.
You're right, Boss. DF didn't establish that you don't know anything about science - you did that all by yourself.

:)

I read your link. The person didn't make an argument. He just made claims - that means nothing. Make an argument or you're just blowing hot air.

Some stable somewhere

#110971 Jul 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Civilization is a time eater like nothing else.
Damn those Aztecs!

Have you heard of the "Forever War"? A guy had been playing for 10 years straight and couldn't win!!!

Some stable somewhere

#110972 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>you can barely name 1000, and almost all of them are scared to lose their jobs, that's the only reason they back your religion.
hahahahaha!

Boss...how can everyone in science be scared to lose their jobs? Why would anyone fire another person for believing what they believe?

What poor logical reasoning you have.

I work in science. I teach evolution. When we're bored, we make fun of people like you.

I don't think you've gone to university or taken a science class. Seriously, the stuff that you write is so ignorant, it's baffling.

Some stable somewhere

#110973 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Guy from a wire? LOL You had to be blind to have not seen that wire.
I'm not insulting Jesus, I'm insulting You. I hope you can at least tell the difference.
That's your problem, classroom professors tell you that your ancestors evolved from sh__, and you believe it. But you can't find an explanation for someone floating in the air, and your pea brain religious clouded mind must say its a natural trick. Worse, you say some wire which by those Criss Angel videos are clearly impossible.
Dang right you need a Shrink. Even a Shrink believes all phenomenons are not natural, its only the deluded 2 or 3% like yourself can't see that.
hahahaha!!!

Pure comedy!

#110974 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Guy from a wire? LOL You had to be blind to have not seen that wire.
[QUOTE who="bossdrop"]
I had to be blind to have NOT seen it?

[QUOTE who="bossdrop"]<q uoted text>
Oh I can tell the difference. That's what we expect from Christians. As soon as you folks cannot argue anymore, you resort to insults. WWJD, right? Do you get like bonus points for swearing at an atheist?
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your problem, classroom professors tell you that your ancestors evolved from sh__, and you believe it.
Not Sh**
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can't find an explanation for someone floating in the air,
We have given you many explanations
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
and your pea brain religious clouded mind must say its a natural trick.
Which it is
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse, you say some wire which by those Criss Angel videos are clearly impossible.
???
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to a shrink. Tell him that you and I are having an argument. Tell him that you believe Criss Angel uses real magic and that I say he doesn't.

Mail me his bill, I will even pay for his time.

#110975 Jul 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Minsc and Boo are ready!
Beware evil, I'm packing a hamster!
Lol... And when you turn evil...
Feel the wrath of my hamster!

Atl.

#110976 Jul 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You can hold a candle to me?
Ah.
Explain the following
1) The moon's orbit around the earth.
2) Differentiation. Not even the varsity stuff. The high school version is enough
3) What is the black layer above the dinosaurs?
4) What is the earth composed of
5) How many Creationsist mining companies are there?
6) Explain the gene that inhibits evolution (keeps it in it's own 'kind')
What the heck!
Have you lost your flippin mind?

You must be really dumb. Every question there the answers can be easily researched and found out if its a fact or a question you made up.

Why would I want to do that? to impress you atheist??, are you crazy!

You really think I give a ratz ass what a bunch or religious nuts with the mind of a pea that thinks all occurrences have a natural explanation and actually believe BANG!-Universe-Earth-Non life-makes Life-Thus the human being.

I see you as a class one dumbazz. Why would I answer question >you< put forth? You really need a shrink. If I was not a Christian I would tell you what you can do with your questions...atheist.

Atl.

#110977 Jul 6, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can tell the difference. That's what we expect from Christians. As soon as you folks cannot argue anymore, you resort to insults. WWJD, right? Do you get like bonus points for swearing at an atheist?
<quoted text>
Not Sh**
<quoted text>
We have given you many explanations
<quoted text>
Which it is
<quoted text>
???
<quoted text>
Go to a shrink. Tell him that you and I are having an argument. Tell him that you believe Criss Angel uses real magic and that I say he doesn't.
Mail me his bill, I will even pay for his time.
Your beliefs should be insulted, they are that absurd.

You have given no rational explanations, just explanations that you can't help because of the limitations of your mind.

Why would i go to a shrink? I'm sending you to a shrink to try and figure out how your religion made your mind so stupid as to have no explanation for an event and still can't figure it out.

Atl.

#110978 Jul 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha!!!
Pure comedy!
topix is for laughs hiding. Laugh at me, I certainly laugh at you atheist LOL.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Sunderland, UK

#110979 Jul 6, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are expecting rational discussion on Topix?
No but I will try, leading by example.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#110980 Jul 6, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>What the heck!
Have you lost your flippin mind?
The only person that's lost their mind is the person desperately trying to convince atheists to believe in god...ie. you.

At the moment, nobody is going to believe you, until you grow honest balls and admit that you're here to recruit for your cult.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#110981 Jul 6, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I have to go vacuum.
Nature abhors a vacuum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Never-ending Doctor 30,304
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Hillary 2016 181,967
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min New Age Spiritual... 638,113
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 16 min Classic 3,559
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Bongo 968,922
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr okimar 53,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy Saint dr Shrink 617,991
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 43,941
More from around the web