Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247450 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#105030 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw that, if the OT god is proven real, I'm going to find the secret to immortality. Y'all have fun in that mess of an afterlife.
Hehehe.

You go, girl!
Captain

Grand Junction, CO

#105031 Jun 2, 2012
When a person says "Obama is a Christian" it must be understood in the context of Liberation Theology.

Here are some of the important points about Liberation Theology:

1. Liberation Theology has it center of power in Latin America and in African Theology, but is found in many Christian denominations throughout the Third World.

2. Liberation Theology is a new interpretation of Christian reality.

3. Liberation Theology is radically Marxist.“...the world must be interpreted in terms of the class struggle and that the only choice is between capitalism and Marxism.”

4. Liberation Theology thrives on perpetuating class struggle. The only people of the Church are those who participate in class struggle.

5. Liberation Theology is a theology of bloody political revolution. All of Christian reality is reduced to politico-social liberation praxis (action).

6. Liberation Theology rejects traditional scriptural interpretations.“The experience of the "community" determines the understanding and the interpretation of Scripture... Ultimately, what is normative for interpretation is not historical research but the hermeneutic of history experienced in the community or the political group.”

7. Liberation Theology makes the Bible subject to a Marxist view of history.“The "historicality" of the Bible must justify its absolute dominance and thus legitimize the' transition to materialist-marxist philosophy, in which history has taken over the role of God... historical criticism has loosed Scripture from the traditional interpretation, which now appears to be unscientific.

8. Liberation Theology is a threat to the faith of the Christian Church.

Here we can analyzes some of the central concepts of Liberation Theology:
Faith: Jesus' experience of God is radically historical. "His faith is transformed into fidelity." Thus faith is fundamentally replaced by "fidelity to history"...

Hope is interpreted as "confidence in the.future" and as working for the future and thus is subordinated once more to the history of class conflict...

Love consists in the "option for the poor"; i.e., it coincides with opting for the class struggle...

Kingdom of God:“..the Kingdom must not be understood in a spiritualist or universalist manner, not in the sense of an abstract eschatological eventuality. It must be understood in partisan terms and with a view to praxis. The meaning of the Kingdom can only be defined by reference to the praxis of Jesus, not theoretically: it means working at the historical reality that surrounds us in order to transform it into the Kingdom.”

Overcoming Dualism “Here we must mention another basic idea of a particular post­conciliar theology which has led in this direction. People said that after the Council every dualism must be overcome: the dualism of body and soul, of natural and supernatural, of this world and the world beyond, of then and now. Once these supposed dualisms had been eliminated, it only remained to work for a kingdom to be realized in present history and in politico­economic reality. This meant, however, that one had ceased to work for the benefit of people in this present time and had begun to destroy the present in the interests of a supposed future: thus the real dualism had broken loose.”

Note: The above explanation of overcoming dualism certainly gives us some insight into the suicidal nature of leftist thought!

Death and Resurrection:“... Man has taken over God's gesture — this manifests the whole transformation of the biblical message in an almost tragic way ...”

Eucharist is interpreted as a celebration of liberation in the sense of politico-messianic hope and praxis.

The word redemption is largely replaced by liberation, which is seen, against the background of history and the class struggle, as a process of progressive liberation.

Action is truth “... The only true orthodoxy is therefore orthopraxy.”

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#105033 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like an old, bitter virgin.
Sorry, baby, no one wants you.
Gosh do you really think he is a old woman? I was convinced he was at least 13?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#105034 Jun 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Gosh do you really think he is a old woman? I was convinced he was at least 13?
And the difference iiisss??

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#105035 Jun 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And the difference iiisss??
Well you could have me on that one. lol

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#105036 Jun 2, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
....Go to your grave ....
As usual, when proven to be the idiot he is, Bossdop wishes death and torture on everyone.

Such a "real Christian"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#105037 Jun 2, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>your premise is false.
First of all those so call laws of nature God is not restricted by them.....
Prove it.

Show one thing in our current world that does not obey the laws of natue, physics, etc.
god is IMAGINARY

Toronto, Canada

#105038 Jun 2, 2012
DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, maybe they don't! What manifestations are you talking about anyway? Revelations....show proof of just one, just one.
I don't think I'm terribly unique and yes we are all tiny specks in a very large universe. What's your point? It's the cristians who think they are so special that they can walk on streets of gold for all eternity. When it comes to feeble minds, speak only for yourself.
I remember this nutjob, she killed two husbands and two sons, she is an original black widow.
god is IMAGINARY

Toronto, Canada

#105039 Jun 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Show one thing in our current world that does not obey the laws of natue, physics, etc.
So,what are you, like 85 and in an old folks home, because you are here 24/7 and if there were 10 days in a week you would still be here. What a loser! Get a life, old hag.
god is IMAGINARY

Toronto, Canada

#105040 Jun 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, when proven to be the idiot he is, Bossdop wishes death and torture on everyone.
Such a "real Christian"
24/7, hmm, nope, you are the nutjob.
god is IMAGINARY

Toronto, Canada

#105041 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A point, make one.
make up, use some. Facial vanishing cream works wonders. Maybe, it will make that face disappear.
god is IMAGINARY

Toronto, Canada

#105042 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, no matter how hard I want, baby, I'm never going to be sexy. My desire is only for my dad, I only want sex with him.
Did your dad rape you and make you dumb or are you dumb because you are Japanese? I thought we killed you all off in WW11.

Sue Chi.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#105043 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a special branch of Christianity that promotes dishonesty and lying about science.......
Exactly.

That is the problem when religions that take their spiritual books full of allegorical myths and legends and try to make them perfect science and history books.

In Christianity history, rather than accept the truth, they murdered and tortured anyone who disagreed with them. Today, the are denied that outlet in most o the world so they resort to virtual murder and torture with threats of Hell and torture by their deity Satan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#105044 Jun 2, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Could somebody please translate the above into English...
Right after I translate Linear A.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#105045 Jun 2, 2012
god is IMAGINARY wrote:
Why did dad rape me and make me as dumb or dumber than George Bush? I thought we kissed him all off in WW11.
Stew Chilly.
Huh?

You might want to check on that medication you're taking for heartburn. It's really screwing you up.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#105046 Jun 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after I translate Linear A.
AT END
You found right home,to post your atheistic cow manure and LIES ABOUT GOD,HIS WORD AND JESUS PRECIOUS CHURCH FOUNDATION HIS APOSTLES

mama pretending man?
just with your"biblical cheap scholarship"

seat and die here,
nobody have any desire to see you in the place not belonging to your demonic lunatic bamblings.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#105047 Jun 2, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
AT END
You found right home,to post your atheistic cow manure and LIES ABOUT GOD,HIS WORD AND JESUS PRECIOUS CHURCH FOUNDATION HIS APOSTLES
mama pretending man?
just with your"biblical cheap scholarship"
seat and die here,
nobody have any desire to see you in the place not belonging to your demonic lunatic bamblings.
So it takes you about 10 minutes to change the settings on your proxy and use a different name?

What else can you do all by yourself in that basement?

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#105048 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So it takes you about 10 minutes to change the settings on your proxy and use a different name?
What else can you do all by yourself in that basement?
I see it as a sign of mental weakness , a lack of ability to form a intuitive counter argument , and last but not least a sure sign of immaturity. Mimicry is the act of a desperate and depraved individual.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105049 Jun 2, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one claiming he is not real. How about some proof. But we all know you can't prove anything. He is not real to you and that is where it ends.
I have the $100 right here under my monitor.

All you have to do, is prove your god is real, and the $100 is yours.

But you are too much of a coward to even TRY.

Why?

Because-- YOU HAVE NO FAITH!

You admitted you have none, over on the snake threads---

-- you are just a cowardly believer-wannabe-- with no more faith than I have!

You dare not test your faith-- it's worthless.

I pity you, I really do.

But as soon as you can prove your god is real? That $100 is yours.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105050 Jun 2, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Explain Consciousness......
We cannot... not to YOU.

For you lack all the requisite properties of consciousness you see.

For starters?

You have no self-awareness.

But worst of all? You have no free will-- you are a mindless, per-programmed drone.

Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Doctor Justice_ 879,864
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 18 min ctl 231
Domestic Money Transfer Solution 25 min cyrusrecharge 1
9/11&bin 32 min REV CAROL 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min janeebee 8,248
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Raje 576
My husband is a peeping tom in a horrible way (Aug '09) 1 hr madan 23
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr too lazy to log in 3,904
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr KayMarie 603,311
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 7 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web