Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#105047 Jun 2, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
AT END
You found right home,to post your atheistic cow manure and LIES ABOUT GOD,HIS WORD AND JESUS PRECIOUS CHURCH FOUNDATION HIS APOSTLES
mama pretending man?
just with your"biblical cheap scholarship"
seat and die here,
nobody have any desire to see you in the place not belonging to your demonic lunatic bamblings.
So it takes you about 10 minutes to change the settings on your proxy and use a different name?

What else can you do all by yourself in that basement?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#105048 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So it takes you about 10 minutes to change the settings on your proxy and use a different name?
What else can you do all by yourself in that basement?
I see it as a sign of mental weakness , a lack of ability to form a intuitive counter argument , and last but not least a sure sign of immaturity. Mimicry is the act of a desperate and depraved individual.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105049 Jun 2, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one claiming he is not real. How about some proof. But we all know you can't prove anything. He is not real to you and that is where it ends.
I have the $100 right here under my monitor.

All you have to do, is prove your god is real, and the $100 is yours.

But you are too much of a coward to even TRY.

Why?

Because-- YOU HAVE NO FAITH!

You admitted you have none, over on the snake threads---

-- you are just a cowardly believer-wannabe-- with no more faith than I have!

You dare not test your faith-- it's worthless.

I pity you, I really do.

But as soon as you can prove your god is real? That $100 is yours.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105050 Jun 2, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Explain Consciousness......
We cannot... not to YOU.

For you lack all the requisite properties of consciousness you see.

For starters?

You have no self-awareness.

But worst of all? You have no free will-- you are a mindless, per-programmed drone.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105051 Jun 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If only the Protestants had not banned "Bel and the Dragon".
Then again, the Catholics seemed to have missed its point entirely.
:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105052 Jun 2, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Their is more evidence to support ET's and Bigfoot than any deity.
Without a doubt.

For that matter? There's more to support Harry Potter...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#105053 Jun 2, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt.
For that matter? There's more to support Harry Potter...
I prefer LOTR, I can prove it is real with the Elder Edda!

ROFLMAO

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105054 Jun 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>1. Never throw shit at an armed man.
1b. Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.
2. Never fire a laser at a mirror.
3. Mother Nature doesn't care if you're having fun.
4. F × S = k. The product of Freedom and Security is a constant. To gain more freedom of thought and/or action, you must give up some security, and vice versa
5. Psi and/or magical powers, if real, are nearly useless.
6. It is easier to destroy than create.
7. Any damn fool can predict the past.
8. History never repeats itself.
9. Ethics change with technology.
10. Anarchy is the least stable of social structures. It falls apart at a touch.
11. There is a time and place for tact. And there are times when tact is entirely misplaced.
12. The ways of being human are bounded but infinite.
13. The world's dullest subjects, in order:
Somebody else's diet.
How to make money for a worthy cause.
Special Interest Liberation.
14. The only universal message in science fiction: There exist minds that think as well as you do, but differently.
Niven's corollary: The gene-tampered turkey you're talking to isn't necessarily one of them.
15. Fuzzy Pink Niven's Law: Never waste calories.
16. There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it.
in variant form in Fallen Angels as "Niven's Law: No cause is so noble that it won't attract fuggheads."[3]
17. No technique works if it isn't used.
18. Not responsible for advice not taken.
19. Old age is not for sissies.
Nice.

20. Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105055 Jun 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>If the OT God is ever proven to be real, I will of course believe in it.
And immediately join the Resistance.
You and me, brother. You and me-- bible-god is a horrid tyrannical monster.

A being unworthy of service.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105056 Jun 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Coffee.
And chocolate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105057 Jun 2, 2012
Captain wrote:
The entire concept and philosophy of Communism is diametrically opposed to everything for which the Christian Church stands
But.

Genuine Christianity™ is all based on faith.

And you forgot:

All faith is lying to yourself.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#105058 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you stop here, you got it. All individuals are transitional.
Unlike you, I have held Australopithecus, H. habilis, H. erectus, archaic H. sapiens, H. neanderthalensis - unlike you, I've spoken with experts in the field and traded ideas with them.
Unlike you, I cite real science sources.
Right now, in paleoanthropology, the biggest problem is what to do with all the transitional fossils. We have so many, they've broken our arbitrary species categories. The picture is one of relatively smooth genetic transition from H. erectus to H. sapiens, with side branches of H. neanderthalensis and a few others - and genetic exchange between various highly mobile populations.
You'll never be able to present a compelling scientific theory. You'll never be able to deal with real evidence.
The very best you can muster is to copy and paste from irrelevant creationist sources who have no voice whatsoever in science. That shows how meaningless your opinion is on anything science.
Anything else you want to lie about?
Facts is what is destroying your religion. First lets see that most of the great names in science were creationists:

Physics: Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, Kelvin
Chemistry: Boyle, Dalton, Ramsay
Biology: Ray, Linnaeus, Mendel, Pasteur, Virchow, Agassiz
Geology: Steno, Woodward, Brewster, Buckland, Cuvier
Astronomy: Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Herschel, Maunder
Mathematics: Pascal, Leibnitz

Steven P. Novella:is an American clinical neurologist, assistant professor and Director of General Neurology at Yale University School of Medicine.

There is a total lack of undisputed examples (fossilized or living) of the millions of transitional forms (“missing links”) required for evolution to be true. Evolution does not require a single missing link but innumerable ones. We should be surrounded by a zoo of transitional forms that cannot be categorized as one particular life form. But we don’t see this—there are different kinds of dogs, but all are clearly dogs. The fossils show different sizes of horses, but all are clearly horses. None is on the verge of being some other life form. The fossil record shows complex fossilized life suddenly appearing, and there are major gaps between the fossilized “kinds.” Darwin acknowledged that if his theory were true, it would require millions of transitional forms. He believed they would be found in fossil records. They haven’t been.
----
You are part of a Crackpot pseudo-science. The fossil records refutes evolution. You have been trying to find some missing link to humiliating failure:
http://macsmind.com/wordpress/2010/04/another...

I have no respect for you as a scientist. none.

Either post the name of the scientists or universities to back your claim or state its your opinion.

You don't hold any weight here. To me you're some crackpot atheist and I have no evidence you're even in college. Just because you say it on topix? LOL.

Post your credentials for your opinion. If you can't, state your sources atheist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105059 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw that, if the OT god is proven real, I'm going to find the secret to immortality. Y'all have fun in that mess of an afterlife.
Indeed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#105060 Jun 2, 2012
Captain wrote:
When a person says "Obama is a Christian" it must be understood in the context of Liberation Theology.
You hate the fact that a erudite black man is in the White House.

Face it-- that just chaps your bigoted chain to no end.

You think the White House is >>strictly<< for old, rich white men.

Sad for you.

Atl.

#105061 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has blamed you for anything more than your own ignorance.
Abiogenesis made easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v8nYTJf62sEXX
lol. Cartoon eh? that's the joke of your religion:
http://www.allaboutscience.org/abiogenesis.ht...

Your religion is a myth.

Atl.

#105062 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again, Boss.
The truth is you don't know anything about the fossil record. Have you ever even picked up a single fossil in your life? Have you ever in your life taken a science course?
Go, find me one single science source to refute my claims. Just one. Find a scientific research paper that argues humans are not evolved, but specially created by God.
That's laughable! It was hard to type, I was laughing so hard.
I seriously can't imagine anyone being as scientifically illiterate as you, Boss. What do you do for a living that you can know almost nothing?
If I was pursuing a pseudo-science fairy tale studies like you are, I would know nothing either.

Plenty of scientists refutes your claims. just because its on a piece of paper does not make it true.

You believe the book the three little pigs. Its on paper. Prove a wolf can huff asnf puff and blow your house down LOL.

Atl.

#105063 Jun 2, 2012
*and

Atl.

#105064 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite an interesting change in your personality, for a while you were discussing, almost civilly, matters of importance. Now suddenly you have locked up and resorted to simply ignoring everything presented to you.
It's tough having your world view shaken by reality, perhaps you should take a break and watch a movie like The Matrix.
it was late. I was rushing to go to bed :)

Actually I did watch a movie last night. Columbiana. eh, ok. Some badass female taking revenge for the killing of her family. alright for a friday night.

Atl.

#105065 Jun 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a special branch of Christianity that promotes dishonesty and lying about science. You do it all the time, it's second nature to you.
I'm not an atheist because you're dishonest and uneducated. I'm an atheist because I thought very critically about religion and am educated.
Your opinions on religion convince me that:
1. you really are clueless about even your own religion
2. you have poor schooling and probably no college level courses
3. you don't know what science is or how it's done
4. you don't know the first thing about history
5. you don't know the first thing about theology
I find this really strange. If I was a Christian, I'd be reading as much as I could about theology and trying to learn the original Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic languages - and cultures - so that I could understand the context of the Bible more.
But you don't care about these things. The poster G_O_D is quite accurate when he tells you that you're not a Christian. You not only fail to understand anything about scholarship, you believe in some caricature, some parody, of the Bible.
It's like Bible for the unthinking. Bible for those who can't face reality. That's not faith, Boss, that's infantile.
<quoted text>
KK just did and all you could do was write "you're wrong!" without even bothering to look at the material she presented.
We know why you did that. It's because you're incapable of reasoning through evidence - you have no foundation whatsoever to build from so the only defense left to you is abject denial.
I really feel sorry for you, Boss. You're a product of the American neoliberalist policies to destroy education in your country. As an anthropologist, I'm enlightened by your example, but wow, I pity you.
You're an atheist because you chose to be an atheist. Take responsibility for your "no God" doctrine.

What you're convinced about concerning me is irrelevant. YAWN. You're some internet random person. stick to your writing about your religion.

What is really funny is a atheist telling someone that believes in God what they think about them believing in God..LOL. hysterical.

Don't be concerned about me and my reading of the bible. That's is none of your business. You're the one claiming science backs your believes. Science proves you wrong. And all you have then is..."they are not real scientists" <grin>. Sure, because their findings refute the teachings of your religion.

Your views on my Christianity is irrelevant. I'm not here to recruit you. Christianity is quite strong, it does not need you. You can post I worship trees...so what.

Actual Scientists, not crackpots like yourself did the reasoning, the research, the critical thinking and the analysis.

They looked at the evidence and found what you believe to be pure nonsense.

You're not even practicing anything, you're just a child in a classroom.

Atl.

#105066 Jun 2, 2012
Incest Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>It does amazed that these scibots really think that God is confined to our natural laws. In fact, when we humans try into space we are not subject to gravity laws and time laws, sol why would God be subject to these things.
There problem is that they argue about God, then they supply human limitations to Him.
They can't even pay their bills, but they think that they have a plan about how God should be.
You're amazed? I'm amused <grin>

Atheists are fun. They are like a mattel toy where the toy repeats back to the toymaker...you don't exist...you don't exist. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Love 980,326
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min lightbeamrider 101,233
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Rosesz 670,565
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Jehova Witness 445,674
How to Get Your Ex Back? (Apr '16) 40 min adam 6
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,310
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr btcmacroecon 286,264
More from around the web