Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#236559 Sep 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If what I posted was guessing, why did you censor it and substitute a straw man?
I love seeing 'rational atheist' oxymorons running like a sissy while they claim they are "grounded and understand!"
Smirk smile.
What did I censor?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236560 Sep 10, 2014
I'm wired up in such a way that I do find women attractive but I think many men are charismatic. So the word ugly doesn't fit - at least not for all.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Men are ugly and women are beautiful.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236561 Sep 10, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I censor?
How childish.

How old are you?

All this 'rational atheist' oxymoron blustering by your fellow cohorts and you. And when the rubber meets the road, you play (?) dumb and your girls are dumbfounded.

Is there ONE, just ONE 'rational atheist' oxymoron who will rise to the challenge???

ANYONE???

Facts just kissed faith, and all the atheists fainted...

Smirk smile.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236562 Sep 10, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
...You , have been reported to the " topix " moderators ..

What's wrong with you ..?!

You , don't think ...I , have feelings ...?

..for ..shame..!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#236563 Sep 10, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
..I concur...EXCEPT , old women ..look ..JUST...like old men ..

And , they still don't give me , their digits ..?!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#236564 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
What did I censor?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish.
How old are you?
All this 'rational atheist' oxymoron blustering by your fellow cohorts and you. And when the rubber meets the road, you play (?) dumb and your girls are dumbfounded.
Is there ONE, just ONE 'rational atheist' oxymoron who will rise to the challenge???
ANYONE???
Facts just kissed faith, and all the atheists fainted...
Smirk smile.
I understand....you couldn't come up with one thing.

I think you missed the mark on who is being childish.

Location hidden

#236565 Sep 11, 2014
You are so dumbfounded, you are confusing yourself.

This isn't complicated, I simply asked how the recently understood details of the big bang theory confirm what the Bible noted thousands of years ago. How did they get in there?

Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Here we have science confirming what the very first verse of the Bible states: There was a specific moment when the heavens and earth were created.

Interestingly, the article YOU referenced noted that there are likely additional universes in existence, something also predated by the Bible speaking of Heaven and Hell.

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

This verse notes that initially the earth was without form. Wow, NAILED that fact!

But get this! It notes two even more profound facts:

~The three most common elements are Helium, Nitrogen and Oxygen. "The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters."

~"Darkness was over the surface of the deep." The article notes that light was restrained for hundreds of thousands of years!

"For the first 380,000 years or so, the universe was essentially too hot for light to shine. The heat of creation smashed atoms together with enough force to break them up into a dense plasma, an opaque soup of protons, neutrons and electrons that scattered light like fog."

3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

If you can't explain this, then simply say so, but I really expected a 'new age spiritual LEADER' to have a better grip on this...

Oh, something to think about down the road. The article notes the possibility that the universe could one day RETRACT! Something the Bible already noted...

Smile.
<quoted text>
No - I'm quite grounded and understand the discussion very well.
Please stop projecting.
<quoted text>
Like I said - illiterate guessing.
"Look at the sky above us Moses - how do you think it got there?"
Moses says, "I don't know, but let me write something up."
*sighs*
I'm sorry, you must have missed the rest of my post...

Smile.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#236566 Sep 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
You are so dumbfounded, you are confusing yourself.
This isn't complicated, I simply asked how the recently understood details of the big bang theory confirm what the Bible noted thousands of years ago. How did they get in there?
Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Here we have science confirming what the very first verse of the Bible states: There was a specific moment when the heavens and earth were created.
Interestingly, the article YOU referenced noted that there are likely additional universes in existence, something also predated by the Bible speaking of Heaven and Hell.
2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
This verse notes that initially the earth was without form. Wow, NAILED that fact!
But get this! It notes two even more profound facts:
~The three most common elements are Helium, Nitrogen and Oxygen. "The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters."
~"Darkness was over the surface of the deep." The article notes that light was restrained for hundreds of thousands of years!
"For the first 380,000 years or so, the universe was essentially too hot for light to shine. The heat of creation smashed atoms together with enough force to break them up into a dense plasma, an opaque soup of protons, neutrons and electrons that scattered light like fog."
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
If you can't explain this, then simply say so, but I really expected a 'new age spiritual LEADER' to have a better grip on this...
Oh, something to think about down the road. The article notes the possibility that the universe could one day RETRACT! Something the Bible already noted...
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, you must have missed the rest of my post...
Smile.
You are mixing up and confusing the beginning of the universe and the formation of the earth which was billions of years later. Nobody can follow along with that type of mix-up. Get it straight on which was earth and which is universe and maybe somebody will talk to you.

Location hidden

#236567 Sep 11, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mixing up and confusing the beginning of the universe and the formation of the earth which was billions of years later. Nobody can follow along with that type of mix-up. Get it straight on which was earth and which is universe and maybe somebody will talk to you.
I am mixing up nothing. Verse 1 notes the very beginnings of the heavens (universe) and earth. The Bible goes on to note distinctions in that process I listed.

Now quit obviously trying to avoid the issue.

Smile.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#236568 Sep 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
The chances are you would not even be living today if it were not for this mans accomplishments in Medical Science. His work has touched everyone who ever was vaccinated.
“He was an average student in his early years, and not particularly academic, as his interests were fishing and sketching.”
He had an “Absolute faith in God.”
December 27, 1822 – September 28, 1895) He was a French chemist and microbiologist renowned for his discoveries of the principles of vaccination, microbial fermentation and pasteurization.
He is remembered for his remarkable breakthroughs in the causes and preventions of diseases, and his discoveries have saved countless lives ever since. He reduced mortality from puerperal fever, and created the first vaccines for rabies and anthrax.
His medical discoveries provided direct support for the germ theory of disease and its application in clinical medicine. He is best known to the general public for his invention of the technique of treating milk and wine to stop bacterial contamination, a process now called pasteurization.
He is regarded as one of the three main founders of bacteriology, together with Ferdinand Cohn and Robert Koch, and is popularly known as the "father of microbiology".
He also made significant discoveries in chemistry, most notably on the molecular basis for the asymmetry of certain crystals and racemization. He was the Director of the Pasteur Institute, established in 1887, till his death, and his body lies beneath the institute in a vault covered in depictions of his accomplishments in Byzantine mosaics.
He was not an Atheist but a man that believed in God.
His name was Louis Pasteur.
Ref: Wiki
All the scientific progress made by humanity is despite of religion and not because of religion.
eagle11

United States

#236569 Sep 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
The chances are you would not even be living today if it were not for this mans accomplishments in Medical Science. His work has touched everyone who ever was vaccinated.
“He was an average student in his early years, and not particularly academic, as his interests were fishing and sketching.”
He had an “Absolute faith in God.”
December 27, 1822 – September 28, 1895) He was a French chemist and microbiologist renowned for his discoveries of the principles of vaccination, microbial fermentation and pasteurization.
He is remembered for his remarkable breakthroughs in the causes and preventions of diseases, and his discoveries have saved countless lives ever since. He reduced mortality from puerperal fever, and created the first vaccines for rabies and anthrax.
His medical discoveries provided direct support for the germ theory of disease and its application in clinical medicine. He is best known to the general public for his invention of the technique of treating milk and wine to stop bacterial contamination, a process now called pasteurization.
He is regarded as one of the three main founders of bacteriology, together with Ferdinand Cohn and Robert Koch, and is popularly known as the "father of microbiology".
He also made significant discoveries in chemistry, most notably on the molecular basis for the asymmetry of certain crystals and racemization. He was the Director of the Pasteur Institute, established in 1887, till his death, and his body lies beneath the institute in a vault covered in depictions of his accomplishments in Byzantine mosaics.
He was not an Atheist but a man that believed in God.
His name was Louis Pasteur.
Ref: Wiki
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Location hidden

#236570 Sep 11, 2014
Dragnet52 wrote:
<quoted text>All the scientific progress made by humanity is despite of religion and not because of religion.
A bigoted generalization.

Proverbs 8

Smile.

Location hidden

#236571 Sep 11, 2014
eagle11 wrote:
<quoted text>
I listed more than two in first two verses of the Bible.

Smile.
Rellowes

Tampa, FL

#236572 Sep 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are an idiot.
Yes, you are just that.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236573 Sep 11, 2014
eagle11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then along came the digital clocks. And when they are broke they are wrong all the time.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236574 Sep 11, 2014
Not really.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Perhaps you meant a volatile display like an LED? Come on, raise your game.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then along came the digital clocks. And when they are broke they are wrong all the time.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236575 Sep 11, 2014
Dragnet52 wrote:
<quoted text>All the scientific progress made by humanity is despite of religion and not because of religion.
What is the oldest profession?

It’s not prostitution as many may profess. It’s actually being a Zoologist.

Adam in the book of Genesis was the first scientist ever and he was a Zoologist by profession. He was given the task of naming the animals on the Earth. God created the first scientist and he was Adam.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236576 Sep 11, 2014
When did religious bullshitters Evolve?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam in the book of Genesis was the first scientist ever and he was a Zoologist by profession. He was given the task of naming the animals on the Earth. God created the first scientist and he was Adam.

Location hidden

#236577 Sep 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I am mixing up nothing. Verse 1 notes the very beginnings of the heavens (universe) and earth. The Bible goes on to note distinctions in that process I listed.
Now quit obviously trying to avoid the issue.
Smile.
The earth was not formed at the beginning of the universe. No earth, no deep, no god hovering over the water. Not at that point of the evolution of the universe.

The universe is 14 billion years old. Earth is only 4.5 billion years. God sure did take his time didn't he. You cant mix earth into the beginning of the universe cause the heavy elements to create earth had not been formed at that time. You and your bible are taking two events and making them one event.

The bible is not a science book.

Location hidden

#236578 Sep 11, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving an animal a name make a person a zoologist? Now you are really stretching. What "scientific" things did he do that you or I could not do? I can name an animal. Hell, my kids named animals when they were two. You will have to do better than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Joe Fortuna 101,064
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min WildWeirdWillie 184,302
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min onemale 286,461
Fraud DoctoRx 52 min HiddnNumbrz 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Jehova Witness 670,481
_____Antichrist MARCH 2017_____ 2 hr Sobering2017News 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 445,664
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 980,298
More from around the web