Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#236066 Sep 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of natural science, why do gays often speak with a lisp?
Smile.
Practice, it's a choice not an impediment.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#236067 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist may experience love alright but itís all self love. This explains why thereís not one Atheist funded childrenís hospital funded entirely by Atheist.
Atheists do have children's hospitals, but unfortunately they murder the patients because the patients are an inconvenience to the atheist parents. Just google abortion 'clinics' for your local slaughter house.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#236068 Sep 2, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...the ignorance is strong in this one.
Projection.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#236069 Sep 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and... KJV published in 1611
Sorry buddy but the English language in all its variants goes back much further than that. Other languages, including Sumerian and Latin (the bases for the word love) go back far further than the NT what was compiled in the 300AD and the Tanakh from which you OT is selectively copied.
Do not try making specious claims to big up you self esteem and god book because most human beings are not as stupid as you and can see through your deceit the moment you open your mouth and words come out.
Good point Chris!

This verse was written in Aramaic. It is a command and admonition TO christians, that if THEY don't love, they had better watch out!, not as some sort of apologetic against non believers!....He that loveth not knoweth not God...is a warning to believers.

I appreciate your insights.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236070 Sep 2, 2014
Oxford Professor of Mathematics John Lennox has argued that science itself sits more comfortably with theism than with atheism: "as a scientist I would say... where did modern science come from? It didn't come from atheism... modern science arose in the 16th and 17th centuries in Western Europe, and of course people ask why did it happen there and then, and the general consensus which is often called Merton's Thesis is, to quote CS Lewis who formulated it better than anybody I know...'Men became scientific. Why? Because they expected law in nature, and they expected law in nature because they believed in a lawgiver.' In other words, it was belief in God that was the motor that drove modern science. wiki
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236071 Sep 2, 2014
Francis Collins, the American physician and geneticist who lead the Human Genome Project argues that theism is more rational than atheism. Collins also found Lewis persuasive, and after reading Mere Christianity, came to believe that a rational person would be more likely, upon studying the facts, to conclude that choosing to believe is the appropriate choice. Collins argues "How is it that we, and all other members of our species, unique in the animal kingdom, know what's right and what's wrong... I reject the idea that is an evolutionary consequence, because that moral law sometimes tells us that the right thing to do is very self-destructive. If I'm walking down the riverbank, and a man is drowning, even if I don't know how to swim very well, I feel this urge that the right thing to do is to try to save that person. Evolution would tell me exactly the opposite: preserve your DNA. Who cares about the guy who's drowning? He's one of the weaker ones, let him go. It's your DNA that needs to survive. And yet that's not what's written within me". wiki
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236072 Sep 2, 2014
What will be said in your obituary?

Will it go something like this?

He never once taught me about God. But he did teach me self rule, self law and selfishness. This was one selfish son of a b*tch. His love of himself exceeded his love of family and what few friends he managed to acquire. His single most achievement in life? Was his redefining the word vain.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#236073 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
He never once taught me about God. But he did teach me self rule, self law and selfishness. This was one selfish son of a b*tch. His love of himself exceeded his love of family and what few friends he managed to acquire. His single most achievement in life? Was his redefining the word vain.
Hahaha.

(Catcher is permitted one hahaha after the white sheet has been drawn.)
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236074 Sep 2, 2014
He's a christian. He would say retarded sh!t like that.

BTW you can study Mathematics as the Arts or as a Science at Oxford. Lennox himself elected to take Master of Arts qualifications.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Oxford Professor of Mathematics John Lennox has argued that science itself sits more comfortably with theism than with atheism: "as a scientist I would say... where did modern science come from? It didn't come from atheism... modern science arose in the 16th and 17th centuries in Western Europe, and of course people ask why did it happen there and then, and the general consensus which is often called Merton's Thesis is, to quote CS Lewis who formulated it better than anybody I know...'Men became scientific. Why? Because they expected law in nature, and they expected law in nature because they believed in a lawgiver.' In other words, it was belief in God that was the motor that drove modern science. wiki

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#236075 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist may experience love alright but itís all self love. This explains why thereís not one Atheist funded childrenís hospital funded entirely by Atheist.
There are no hospitals funded by people who donít believe in goblins... do you believe in goblins? There ya go.

Anyway, what a load of ignorant bollocks. We have been down this road before about 2 years ago and it seems that you are too stupid to educate yourself and just go round and round in circles of ignorance. You want to lie to display the deliberate ignorance of your faith that is your problem but stop embarrassing those godbots who are more (far more) intelligent than you are.

FYI - I, as an atheist probably donate more too various charities (including the Save the Children Fund) each year than your total annual salary. The Save the Children fund have hospital projects world wide, including the USA when required.

Here are a couple of quotes from their US website.

Quotes...
Our Work for Children in the United States
In 2013, We helped nearly 18,500 people in tornado-damaged areas of Oklahoma, and continued helping some 40,000 children recover from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. We also reached 38,000 American children with early education and 150,000 children with literacy programs. In addition,...
Poverty in the United States
Nearly 1 in 4 American children lives in poverty ó that's 16 million kids who understand all too well what it means to go without.
What does "go without" mean in America? It can mean no access to simple, but critical, things like books, preschool, healthy foods, and places to play and exercise ó...
endquotes

I donít need the self advertising required to feel good and get recognition of godbots who are poorer then I am. I donít need my name over a hospital wing door so every other christian will see how generous I can be. I do this not for a god or not for a church, not for peer respect but because I can.

I suggest you learn a little about the part of humanity you are slandering with your canned anti atheist rhetoric, hatred and lies

#236077 Sep 3, 2014
School Lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an Atheist?
Don't you know that Jesus loves you .
How do you think life and the world got here as we know it ?
Have you read the Bible ?
It's way will teach you about things !
What's UK like ?
Do they have McDonald's over there ?
Do you drive on right or left side of road ?
Have you been to Europe ?
I live in USA .
Anyway you have a blessed day .
I'm always learning that's why I ask questions ?
Probably by your reckoning but really I am through atheist and out the other side, itís not that I believe there is no deity, I know it.
Prove it. The christian abuse of the word love is a very poignant topic on this thread at the moment.
Probably biogenesis but really unknown and I am really comfortable in myself with not saying ďdoh... donít know so I guess it must have been my god ____ wotdunitwiv magicĒ. And there you have a choice of over 2400 creator gods you can use to fill in the blank.
Yes several times, 3 times cover to cover and too many individual chapters/pages/verse to count. Have you?
No, it will teach lies and hatred and genocide and violence and rape and slavery and theft and subjugation... you want verse numbers?
Petty much like most other places but more crowded and with more rain than many
Yes, and Burger King and KFC so donít worry, your obsession with obesity inducing food can continue if you cross the pond.
Depends which country I am in.
I think I understand what you mean and the answer is yes. Note here is a much needed geography lesson, the UK is in Europe
I donít
Blessed by what, a bronze age myth or a terrorist who was crucified for his crimes or juts your personal wish?
If you still follow the babble then I really doubt your last statement but there is hope.

#236078 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
So you have one christian making a claim that coincides with the views of many christians, wow, how surprising, perhaps he should join the other bunch of washouts at the creation science institute.

You have a christian whose arguments are discredited as childish and biased and of course, can simply be countered.

Example . Atheists can be moral, but they canít justify morality.... Yes they can, probably far more concisely that godbots, they simply donít need to justify their morality as a gift from a bronze age myth.

Example. Atheists canít explain where absolute morals come from.... neither can he.

Example. By rejecting God, in what sense has the atheist solved the Problem of Evil?... His misunderstanding of evil is typical if godbots. How can an all-good God allow evil? Drop the idea of a god, and the problem of evil goes away.

#236079 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Fool.

You slanderous and ignorant fool

What will it say in yours? He was a good godbot who lived all his live in slandering those he did not wish to understand because his ingrained hatred was indoctrinated into his ignorant brain while he was too young and impressionable to think for himself and up until the day he passed away he remained unable to think for himself.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236080 Sep 3, 2014
eagle 12 is so vain he thinks an all powerful god is responding to his prayers.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool.
You slanderous and ignorant fool
What will it say in yours? He was a good godbot who lived all his live in slandering those he did not wish to understand because his ingrained hatred was indoctrinated into his ignorant brain while he was too young and impressionable to think for himself and up until the day he passed away he remained unable to think for himself.

#236081 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
eagle 12 is so vain he thinks an all powerful god is responding to his prayers.
<quoted text>
Perhaps the only thing he thinks

He certainly has not shown any inclination to thought in any other matter.

How do these people survive the rigours of the real world?
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236082 Sep 3, 2014
We look out for them - one of the many charitable works I am involved in is tolerating thick people like eagle 12.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the only thing he thinks
He certainly has not shown any inclination to thought in any other matter.
How do these people survive the rigours of the real world?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#236083 Sep 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Practice, it's a choice not an impediment.
They choose an impediment?

Why would a sane person do that?

Which makes me wonder why gays choose anal abuse.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236084 Sep 3, 2014
Anal abuse? OK, you're an ancient ass.
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#236085 Sep 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
You would have to ask them why, I have no idea why and can only guess.
I do know Eddy Murphy is successful at making a mockery of the gay lisp
becoming pretty funny in doing so.

Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236086 Sep 3, 2014
Was that before or after police pulled Murphy over with a transsexual prostitute in his car?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to ask them why, I have no idea why and can only guess.
I do know Eddy Murphy is successful at making a mockery of the gay lisp
becoming pretty funny in doing so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lgX9_NxlzTEXX

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 267,466
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 24 min Stuart Cudahy 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Hidingfromyou 795,616
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min mike 607,215
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Tony17 568,294
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 1 hr this is my first ... 4
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr BenAdam 589
More from around the web