Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236000 Sep 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really unaware of the problems
in translating languages from thousands of years ago?
Simply pointing out translation issues.. don't get defensive .
Check this out at any university?
Enjoy your coffee black ?
inside the lines 'portland coffee house'
waiting in line.. in step...
in monotones.. in mid afternoon.
waiting for a cup of coffee
from a thin barista.
while outside it is raining..
outside the clouds float by in
gray shades of indifference
outside a few pigeons cheat the
sidewalks mortared lines.
How specifically is that an issue with the passages I used?

SMile.
Patrick

United States

#236002 Sep 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
Yes!
Please post again,
in the original languages,
so we can observe your expertise !
:-)
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
Steven Wright

Location hidden

#236003 Sep 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
Please post again,
in the original languages,
so we can observe your expertise !
:-)
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
Steven Wright
You are the one who raised the issue.

Put up or shut up.

Smile.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236004 Sep 1, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
Bible Passages no Christian wants to talk about or discuss. I wonder why.
Does anyone have any ID why these delightful verses are never discussed in Sunday school?
EX 20:26 "Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon."
LE 15:16-19 (KJV) "And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even. The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even. And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean ...."
LE 21:20, 22:24 (References to testicles, or "stones" in the KJV.)
NU 31:17-18 "... all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Note: How did they determine which girls were virgins, and what did they do with them after they kept them alive for themselves? This is not a pretty picture.)
NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are taken by the Israelites as booty of which thirty-two are set aside as a tribute for the Lord.
DT 21:10-14 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites are allowed to kidnap "beautiful women" from the enemy camp to be their trial wives. If, after having sexual relations, a man has "no delight" in his wife, he can simply let her go.
Ain't christianity fun?
Actually it's laughable and disgusting
EX 20:26 Iím not sure why modesty would even come up in this forum. In order to understand this scripture you would have to understand the apparel used by the Priest. No one in that day got any enjoyment of seeing the two half moons of a Priest and other dangling things if you get my drift.

Leviticus 15:16-19 You donít believe in hygiene? You donít freaking bath or shower dude? Wash your bed linens? Thatís what the scripture is talking about.
You should at least bath once a year even if you are an Atheist.

Leviticus 21 is talking offering the best to God and nothing less. Did you know the US military has a standard. Every potential service member has to pass a physical. The government wonít take anyone and everyone. Most companies want people in good physical condition to work for them. Take the local TV stations for example. How many news reporters have you seen that are disfigured? TV stations hire people that are easy on the eyes. You don't seem to be bothered by that now are you.

NU 31:17-18

In this reference you are making assumptions that these girls captured would be molested. Nowhere does it say that or even elude to that. Because their life was sparred doesnít mean they were rapped or perverted in some manner.

I seriously doubt they did gynecological examinations at the battlefield as which you are trying to elude too. The most likely identified their pureness by apparel and dress.

All these points have been argued here multiple times. Itís all old stuff from Atheist web sites. You are portraying yourself as if you went and dug this information from the bible. No, itís copy and paste. You are even too ashamed to leave the source of the Atheist site. You are a clone. This is all plagiarized material you have and itís old.

What's funny is you don't even know what the heck you're posting. Are you telling us Atheist don't freaking bath? Wash their clothes?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236005 Sep 1, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
OMG!
Really!
I bet they saved the foreskins first.
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched..--Mark 9:45-46
There is no text more barbaric than the Old Testament of the Bible--books like Deuteronomy and Leviticus and Exodus. The Quran pales in comparison.
Allah Akbar
It does you even more perverse
God orders Abraham to kill Isaac as a burnt offering. Abraham shows his love for God by his willingness to murder his son. But finally, just before Isaac's throat is slit, God provides a goat to kill instead. 22:2-13 ? Well God set the first example)!
Abraham shows his willingness to kill his son for God. Only an evil God would ask a father to do that; only a bad father would be willing to do it. 22:10.(What intelligent decision)
"Because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son."
Why did God love Abraham so much? Because he was willing to murder his son for him.(Greater evil hath no man than this, that he is willing to kill his own son for God.) 22:16 (because he was both heterosexual and homosexual)
Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children captive. 34:1-31 (fair is fair logic?
"The terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them." 35:5
(no one can fear imaginary)
"And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him." What did Er do to elicit God's wrath? The Bible doesn't say. Maybe he picked up some sticks on Saturday. 38:7
After God killed Er, Judah tells Onan to "go in unto they brother's wife." But "Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and ... when he went in unto his brother's wife ... he spilled it on the ground.... And the thing which he did displeased the Lord; wherefore he slew him also." This lovely Bible story is seldom read in Sunday School, but it is the basis of many Christian doctrines, including the condemnation of both masturbation and birth control. 38:8-10
If I pray to God he kills people whose wives I want. is that okay!?
After Judah pays Tamar for her services, he is told that she "played the harlot" and "is with child by whoredom." When Judah hears this, he says, "Bring her forth, and let her be burnt." 38:24
Head cheese sandwiches for everyone?
Or tasty bacon/human bits for seasoning.
Joseph interprets the baker's dream. He says that the pharaoh will cut off the baker's head, and hang his headless body on a tree for the birds to eat. 40:19
God brought a seven year, "very grievous" famine on the whole earth for no apparent reason (except maybe to make Joseph wealthy). 41:25-32, 54
I'm still looking for a church marquee that ever advertises any of these verses for bible school..
More plagiarized material from Atheist web sites. You can't think on your own?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236006 Sep 1, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that our English word, love, does not stem from any judeo christian background. You're trying to assign a Germanic word into your judeo-christian bible and define it at your discretion.
Spare us your arrogant BS and your armchair philosophy.
Atheist are inherently evolutionist by nature. And nowhere in evolution do we find love.

Itís natural selection. Animalistic behaviors all driven to survive and reproduce.

You Atheist donít love. You are a bump in the evolutionary chain and just only exist as animals. You have no future and no purpose outside of your little animal clan.

Iím sorry if you donít like being called an animal but thatís what you believe.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#236007 Sep 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist are inherently evolutionist by nature. And nowhere in evolution do we find love.
Itís natural selection. Animalistic behaviors all driven to survive and reproduce.
You Atheist donít love. You are a bump in the evolutionary chain and just only exist as animals. You have no future and no purpose outside of your little animal clan.
You're an idiot if you think that. Humans are humans all humans are both highly sovial and highly emotional beings. Belief in god has nothing to do with the reality of human emotion.
This is something inescapable and part of our very being. So you look pretty silly saying atheist's don't love. All humans love ,hate and experience the emotions. Or do uou think atheists are some other species? Because the homo sapiens are all the same, whether you like it or not.
Patrick

United States

#236008 Sep 1, 2014
G.O.P. chief Reince Priebus ripped President Obama on Sunday for consuming three meals a day while on vacation in Marthaís Vineyard.

ďWith international crises boiling over in Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine, itís unconscionable that the President is having breakfast, lunch, and dinner,Ē he said.

The White House defended the Presidentís eating habits, noting that his predecessor, George W. Bush, frequently supplemented his three meals a day with an afternoon snack, but Priebus was unmoved by this argument.ďIt sends a very dangerous message to our enemies to see President Obama eating,Ē he said.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#236009 Sep 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot if you think that. Humans are humans all humans are both highly sovial and highly emotional beings. Belief in god has nothing to do with the reality of human emotion.
This is something inescapable and part of our very being. So you look pretty silly saying atheist's don't love. All humans love ,hate and experience the emotions. Or do uou think atheists are some other species? Because the homo sapiens are all the same, whether you like it or not.
Of course, the guy is a total idiot; a dolt; a jackass; a buffoon.

That's why I white-sheeted him early on.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#236011 Sep 1, 2014
#236007 1 hr ago
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>

And just like animals, you can't reason with them.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#236012 Sep 1, 2014
You should not be selfish.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236013 Sep 2, 2014
Leviticus - which you defend - also says to burn a bird as a sacrifice to your god every period. Are Tampax doing that? Are fertile women heretics?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
EX 20:26 Iím not sure why modesty would even come up in this forum. In order to understand this scripture you would have to understand the apparel used by the Priest. No one in that day got any enjoyment of seeing the two half moons of a Priest and other dangling things if you get my drift.
Leviticus 15:16-19 You donít believe in hygiene? You donít freaking bath or shower dude? Wash your bed linens? Thatís what the scripture is talking about.
You should at least bath once a year even if you are an Atheist.
Leviticus 21 is talking offering the best to God and nothing less. Did you know the US military has a standard. Every potential service member has to pass a physical. The government wonít take anyone and everyone. Most companies want people in good physical condition to work for them. Take the local TV stations for example. How many news reporters have you seen that are disfigured? TV stations hire people that are easy on the eyes. You don't seem to be bothered by that now are you.
NU 31:17-18
In this reference you are making assumptions that these girls captured would be molested. Nowhere does it say that or even elude to that. Because their life was sparred doesnít mean they were rapped or perverted in some manner.
I seriously doubt they did gynecological examinations at the battlefield as which you are trying to elude too. The most likely identified their pureness by apparel and dress.
All these points have been argued here multiple times. Itís all old stuff from Atheist web sites. You are portraying yourself as if you went and dug this information from the bible. No, itís copy and paste. You are even too ashamed to leave the source of the Atheist site. You are a clone. This is all plagiarized material you have and itís old.
What's funny is you don't even know what the heck you're posting. Are you telling us Atheist don't freaking bath? Wash their clothes?
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236014 Sep 2, 2014
Fudging what? Screw your baby drowning god.
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are fudging and everyone sees it.
You are just like those people in Noah's time who committed the ultimate sins that mark the destruction of a culture: Child sacrifice and legalizing sodomy.
And like the people of Noah's time, you have been warned and instead of repenting you scoff and commit sacrilege.
<quoted text>
I'm noting what the Bible says.
If you have issue with it, take it up with the Author.
Genesis 6:5-7 (NASB)
5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."
Leviticus 18:21-25 (NASB)
21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD.
22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.
24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.
25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants.
Now note verse 3:
Leviticus 18:3 (NASB)
3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes.
They had not just committed these abominations, they had enacted 'statutes' or laws legalizing them. Just what we have done.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236015 Sep 2, 2014
Evolution often creates altruistic behaviour.

Religion often suppresses it.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#236016 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
ďHe that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.Ē
Yes and... KJV published in 1611

Sorry buddy but the English language in all its variants goes back much further than that. Other languages, including Sumerian and Latin (the bases for the word love) go back far further than the NT what was compiled in the 300AD and the Tanakh from which you OT is selectively copied.

Do not try making specious claims to big up you self esteem and god book because most human beings are not as stupid as you and can see through your deceit the moment you open your mouth and words come out.

#236017 Sep 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem angry...sorry if my post caused this in any way.
Faith often seems a road to truth for some people?
Science and faith coexist in the real world.
Do you feel science proves your opinions?
People of good will with different opinions often get together over coffee and enjoy each other's company.
I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.
Steven Wright
You guess, are you christian?
You asked a question, I answered your question, you repeated your question, donít try hoiking you stupidity on me.

Location hidden

#236018 Sep 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are fudging and everyone sees it.
You are just like those people in Noah's time who committed the ultimate sins that mark the destruction of a culture: Child sacrifice and legalizing sodomy.
And like the people of Noah's time, you have been warned and instead of repenting you scoff and commit sacrilege.
<quoted text>
I'm noting what the Bible says.
If you have issue with it, take it up with the Author.
Genesis 6:5-7 (NASB)
5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."
Leviticus 18:21-25 (NASB)
21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD.
22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.
24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.
25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants.
Now note verse 3:
Leviticus 18:3 (NASB)
3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes.
They had not just committed these abominations, they had enacted 'statutes' or laws legalizing them. Just what we have done.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That you don't support the murder of unborn babies, excuse horrific treatment of children by depraved societies and then condemn God because He justly eliminated adults who do such things and didn't leave babies to die of neglect.

You are a sadistic hypocrite who chooses to align with depravity.

#236019 Sep 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your proof that "truth" exists?
Will Durant devoted a chapter toTruth in (1929) The Mansions of Philosophy. New York: Simon and Schuster.
Are you disturbed that other people have opinions which differ from yours?
Would you be happy in a world in which everyone agreed with your views?
To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say.
Will Durant
Truth
Noun
the quality or state of being true.
that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

Now you can talk philosophy until it runs down your legs, it will make no difference to fact or reality

No
And
No

Then be clever and say nothing

#236020 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre getting the word ďlustĒ and ďloveĒ confused.
Theyíre not the same thing.
No. You are reinterpreting the word love to be yours and fook everyone else Ė it is the christian way. You have stolen the word morality and excluded humanity and now you are doing the same for love.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236021 Sep 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You guess, are you christian?
You asked a question, I answered your question, you repeated your question, donít try hoiking you stupidity on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min MUQ1 261,680
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min truth 548,702
Mac Blu-ray Player Offers 54% Discount on Hallo... 26 min BerryCarol 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 37,260
i am waiting for u 2 hr Aakash Ahmedabad 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr Al Capone 4,779
Word association game (Aug '08) 2 hr andet1987 53,432
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 602,180
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr BobbyB1990 750,700
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 7 hr chevyguy 127

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE