Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#235336 Aug 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sure, they were all Christians. You know how the saying goes, "once Christian, always Christian".
How do you like that, Christian?
So you are at last admitting the Hitler and Stalin were christian... Thank you...
Thinking

Poole, UK

#235337 Aug 26, 2014
If they were honest, they would say that their airplanes could not help religitards argue the irreducible complexity of the salmonella flagellum. No one else has, either .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Do...

If you want religitards to stop using the words "intelligent design" to mislead, I support you.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
ďIntelligent design is stupid?Ē
I wonder what the Wright brothers, Orville & Wilbur would have to say about that?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#235338 Aug 26, 2014
?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist donít have children.

#235339 Aug 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, did you have a good one?

A friend of mine went to carphone warehouse yesterday ... it was closed... imagine that.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#235340 Aug 26, 2014
Neither was the christian Hitler nor many of his followers.

So?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matadors are not cowards.

#235341 Aug 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
?
<quoted text>
That is a total mind blower that I will have to tell my kids about it... the iggírance is strong in that one

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

#235342 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullfighting is nothing less than animal cruelty at its finest.
First step breedable strictly to be killed for amusement.
Now torture same bull with spikes to the back and irritate this poor creature that they think God created.
Entered the flashing Matador with his shiny sword woo hoo
Stab bull in the heart when exhausted and claim victory. Over the helpless animal? Real macho!
Totally disgusting and shameful for human beings to actually do this toward a harmless animal
I don't agree with it. It's a hangover from ancient times, when they used to sacrifice the bulls.

Cockfighting is also cruel, as are illegal dog fights.

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#235343 Aug 26, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like someone needs to stop watching the "history" channel. "The Alien!" HAHAHA
That one is a total space cadet.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#235344 Aug 26, 2014
Very good indeed. Went to great party on Saturday where the host hired a very good sleight of hand magician called Laura London. She's very good indeed, in fact she was the youngest female to make it into the Magic Circle (aged 17). It's the second time she'd performed for us. Highly recommended.

Last time I saw her, she was leaving ours to perform at an open coffin wake. The cool side of catholicism!

How about you?
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, did you have a good one?
A friend of mine went to carphone warehouse yesterday ... it was closed... imagine that.

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#235345 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What I.S did to James Foley is abhorrent, rest assured that his execution is seen as cowardly and repulsive by the vast majority of Brits. The sooner the perpetrator is identified and brought to justice (preferably the less tolerant US justice) the better.
However American patriotism?
Ahh you mean like those patriotic Americans who killed my grandfather
My grandfather was a British agent working with the French resistance to help pave the way for the D Day landings.
He was shot in the head by invading US troops for daring to protest and try to protect a French girl (another resistance member assisting the landings) from being gang raped by 6 of those US troops.
So in you view rape is patriotic?
Now that is a shocking story. Even when the opposition is as evil as they were in WWII, atrocities happen on both sides.

#235346 Aug 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Very good indeed. Went to great party on Saturday where the host hired a very good sleight of hand magician called Laura London. She's very good indeed, in fact she was the youngest female to make it into the Magic Circle (aged 17). It's the second time she'd performed for us. Highly recommended.
Last time I saw her, she was leaving ours to perform at an open coffin wake. The cool side of catholicism!
How about you?
<quoted text>
I spent most of the weekend in bed with what I think is bronchitis. First time I have had it (hopefully the last) and being a bank holiday I canít get a doctorís appointment until Thursday.

Between coughing fits and naps I did manage to catch Rosberg losing all credibility, no wonder both Hamilton and Wolff are a bit peed off with him

Iíve not been to an open coffin wake but have attended one or two Irish style wakes recently. The last, the guy who had died left 10K behind the bar with instructions to hire a couple of bands (one ceili one heavy rock Ė old men can still surprise) and make sure everyone has a great time to remember him by. Misnomer... I really donít think many people remember much at all.

#235347 Aug 26, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is a shocking story. Even when the opposition is as evil as they were in WWII, atrocities happen on both sides.
War is an excuse for atrocities

To me though his stance makes him a hero.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#235348 Aug 26, 2014
Conversation with God:

Was my mother a sinner?
God: yes
What did she do?
God: she was born
So being born is automatically a sin?
Why did you do that?
God: Dad and I agreed she owes us for giving her life
Why didn't you create her perfect without any defect?
God: and give up my master creation of hell ? are you kidding? Even gods have a Caveat every now and then. Anymore questions?
No thank you, you have confirmed you are inferior Gods, I will appeal to Zeus to pardon you for your many sins.
I am right

Lawrenceville, GA

#235349 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you display you ignorance so openly?
I was about to ask you the same thing.
I am right

Lawrenceville, GA

#235350 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
Conversation with God:
Was my mother a sinner?
What did she do?
God: she was born
So being born is automatically a sin?
Why did you do that?
God: Dad and I agreed she owes us for giving her life
Why didn't you create her perfect without any defect?
God: and give up my master creation of hell ? are you kidding? Even gods have a Caveat every now and then. Anymore questions?
No thank you, you have confirmed you are inferior Gods, I will appeal to Zeus to pardon you for your many sins.
You are a nutcase. You must be another dishonest atheist.

#235351 Aug 26, 2014
I am right wrote:
<quoted text>
I was about to ask you the same thing.
Were you?

I very much doubt that until you actually saw it written down, you donít appear to have the intelligence to think for yourself.

Which of course makes you a liar for you god... welcome to the thread

Since: Sep 08

United States

#235352 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What I.S did to James Foley is abhorrent, rest assured that his execution is seen as cowardly and repulsive by the vast majority of Brits. The sooner the perpetrator is identified and brought to justice (preferably the less tolerant US justice) the better.
However American patriotism?
Ahh you mean like those patriotic Americans who killed my grandfather
My grandfather was a British agent working with the French resistance to help pave the way for the D Day landings.
He was shot in the head by invading US troops for daring to protest and try to protect a French girl (another resistance member assisting the landings) from being gang raped by 6 of those US troops.
So in you view rape is patriotic?
Interesting story. Several years,ago I corresponded with an old timer on a physics forum that was a youngster during the Nazi occupation of Holland or Belgium, can't remember which. But he related how after the Americans first came through a young woman who ran up cheering was dragged into the back of a truck and gang raped by American troops. There were evidently other incidents, yo, because that really affected him. He said the Germans never did such a thing. German officers would execute troops on the spot.

You say Hitler was a devout Christian?

Had another old timer friend that was in the Army amphibious corps in the Pacific and wound up occupying Japan. Young Japanese girls were bought from their familues and lived on the boats. They did more than clean. Until MacArthur issued an order that slavery was a caoital offense. Overnight there were thousands of young Japanese girls suddenly homeless.

A little bit about MacArthur's religious beliefs.

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/on_the_fr...

Of course you also have the well known "Kum, Frau of occupied Berlin.

America was secular, so was Russia.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#235353 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need to excuse it to the NT? The god of christianity and his actions were written first in the Tanakh, carefully selected and edited for the babble OT and later in the Quran. Christian teaching is based on the OT or is it that you believe in Christ but you do not believe in the god for the christian faith?
Allah, Jehovah, El etc... all the same god so it is your understanding that El is kicking himself? You ignorant moron...
What it lookís like to a bigoted and deliberately ignorant hate merchant like you is pretty much irrelevant.
Even Jews acknowledge a distinction from Christ Followers.

Neither Jews or Christians accept Allah as the same as God.

Again, what passage in the NT guided that behavior?

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#235354 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no answer... that does highlight your stupidity... thank you
I wasn't an answer, it was a accurate response to your answer.

Smile.

#235355 Aug 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting story. Several years,ago I corresponded with an old timer on a physics forum that was a youngster during the Nazi occupation of Holland or Belgium, can't remember which. But he related how after the Americans first came through a young woman who ran up cheering was dragged into the back of a truck and gang raped by American troops. There were evidently other incidents, yo, because that really affected him. He said the Germans never did such a thing. German officers would execute troops on the spot.
You say Hitler was a devout Christian?
Had another old timer friend that was in the Army amphibious corps in the Pacific and wound up occupying Japan. Young Japanese girls were bought from their familues and lived on the boats. They did more than clean. Until MacArthur issued an order that slavery was a caoital offense. Overnight there were thousands of young Japanese girls suddenly homeless.
A little bit about MacArthur's religious beliefs.
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/on_the_fr...
Of course you also have the well known "Kum, Frau of occupied Berlin.
America was secular, so was Russia.
Yes being brutalised and gang raped by the people who claim to have come to save you can be a bit of a downer

Do not try putting words in my mouth, it seems you have been too long talking to buck and itís turning you into a liar. I never said he was devout.

As secular as god bless America can be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Catcher1 809,126
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pegasus 268,834
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 22 min Jack 18
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min oxbow 573,816
LeBron.....the LOOZER..un Freakin REAL 40 min Yook the Spook 2
Obama earned Giuliani's assessment 1 hr Polaris 2
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 1,274
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Naked Truth from ... 608,142
More from around the web