Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254893 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#235358 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't an answer, it was a accurate response to your answer.
Smile.
I know it wasn’t an answer, as I said, however it was a bigoted and ignorant copout, you seem to be good at bigoted and ignorant copouts

Since: Sep 08

United States

#235359 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Jews follow the book that say Christ was the bastard son of a roman soldier, one of the bits that was omitted from the OT for some reason.
Funny really because the Tanakh, the OT and the Quran do accept their gods as the same god, and as far as I know, all true believers in the abrahamic god admit that there god is the abrahmic god... that included jews, christians and muslims
Just because you are either a selfish moron who denies other people their belief because it upsets your sensibilities or you are just an ignorant bigot is not my problem. It seems that you are denying the OT in the name of your personal belief of what your religion is as opposed to what it actually is??? Go figure, what are you going to call this latest version of christianity when it is added to the other 48,000 different version?
The God of the OT was not the same throughout. It started with this all powerful and encompassing creative force that turned into just another Baal. Baal was a localized god those megalithic structures empowered. I have posted about that in the past. A tapping into the telluric currents. But the OT God is a confused collection of the two. The Christian God is more of the original. Allah is still stuck with the confusion. Islam is Judaism II. Too much ritual worship in the two for it to be the real deal. You have some of that in Christianity, but it is a holdover from older thought. Christianity is much more intellectual.

Paul's making it universal broke the tribal limitations of worshipping the force that created us. Judaism and Islam are still tribal.

Pure and simple, Pauline Christianity opened the door to manifesting on another level. The Abrahamic, Eastern, and most other religions, along with some Christian sects, are still worshipping this world and a Baal of some sort.
Believer

Euless, TX

#235360 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it wasn’t an answer, as I said, however it was a bigoted and ignorant copout, you seem to be good at bigoted and ignorant copouts
Jesus loves you!!
This I know cause the bible tells me so !

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235362 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take your judgment as a compliment.

Smile.

United States

#235363 Aug 26, 2014
As a temporal consciousness your perceptions of the greater reality are limited. Hence the perceptions of what heaven, eternal life, or even going to sleep forevermore would be like. Constructs of your physical mind. The reality will be different, not that you will be able to look back upon what you thought it was when the time comes. But perhaps you can shape that next destination by what you truly believe now.

Each day brings something new when you wake up to it, even if you don't feel so. That goes on for eternity, so to speak.

Or something like that.

United States

#235364 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes being brutalised and gang raped by the people who claim to have come to save you can be a bit of a downer
Do not try putting words in my mouth, it seems you have been too long talking to buck and it’s turning you into a liar. I never said he was devout.
As secular as god bless America can be.
You have alleged he was a practicing Christian repeatedly for years. He has been your piater boy for Christianity. You can't dance away frim that.

Lovey, you need to spend more time researching and less reacting. This allows for more neuron connections to be made with subsequent intelligence, knowledge, and understanding a result.

Emissions of force, or energy, follow the path of least resistance. Break out of the loop you are trapped in. Takes effort. You don't just float to the moon to study it, you have to concentrate a tremendous amount of energy and it to get there. Quit dreaming you "know" things. Dreams are done in an idle state.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#235365 Aug 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting story. Several years,ago I corresponded with an old timer on a physics forum that was a youngster during the Nazi occupation of Holland or Belgium, can't remember which. But he related how after the Americans first came through a young woman who ran up cheering was dragged into the back of a truck and gang raped by American troops. There were evidently other incidents, yo, because that really affected him. He said the Germans never did such a thing. German officers would execute troops on the spot.
You say Hitler was a devout Christian?
Had another old timer friend that was in the Army amphibious corps in the Pacific and wound up occupying Japan. Young Japanese girls were bought from their familues and lived on the boats. They did more than clean. Until MacArthur issued an order that slavery was a caoital offense. Overnight there were thousands of young Japanese girls suddenly homeless.
A little bit about MacArthur's religious beliefs.
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/on_the_fr...
Of course you also have the well known "Kum, Frau of occupied Berlin.
America was secular, so was Russia.
You misspelled coital.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235366 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try I will give you that :-/
Unfortunately for you... the presence of observable and falsifiable scientific evidence is perhaps the most compelling reason we can conclude that the Bible is not inerrant.
This evidence clearly yields certain conclusions that are contradicted by direct statements from biblical authors.
Thus thy Bible is an imperfect book containing flaws of human origin.
Due to the overwhelming amount of scientific errors the book possesses, you should conclude that there was no divine inspiration or intervention involved during its creation.
Additionally, the vast categories of errors contained in the Bible demonstrate that the mistakes are not confined to a single author or field of study, this alone should question the foundation and intent of the book as a whole.
The "Word of God", far from being inerrant, has always been a work in progress.
Evidence, what are you calling evidence?
Evidence is not a group of homely misfits coming together and voting with colored beads.
Could you see any legitimate science research group using that kind of voting system? It’s hilarious![laughing]
And you Mr. Science, who thinks you’re above the masses in intelligence, indorse this method of conjecture?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235367 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled coital.
You leard him alright.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235368 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's religion you're smelling, eaglet.
It stinks - A steaming pile of Shiite.
You are scientifically uneducated by personal choice.
You gleefully reject modern science in favor of dogma, what are you afraid of?
You bet, religion, Atheist religion.[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235369 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please acquaint yourself with this word: hearsay
Then see what the US judicial system has to say about it.
Hmm.. On second thought I'll save you the trouble since you're too lazy to go to any website anyway!
Generally, an out-of-court statement is hearsay if the parties care about whether or not the statement is true. For the purposes of the rule, it does not matter whether the statement was oral or written. Generally speaking, hearsay cannot be used as evidence at trial.
For example, suppose that a witness stopped at the scene of a car crash. At the crash site, an injured driver stumbled up to her and said "Martians caused the accident!" Because of the hearsay rule, the statement cannot be used as evidence that Martians caused the accident. It could, however, be used as evidence that the injured driver was capable of speech after the crash. The rule would also bar the testimony if the injured driver scribbled his message on a scrap of paper and handed it to the witness.
Try harder, JC "has your back"
So everything a court reporter documents in deposition is hearsay? Because they are documenting everything someone else is saying?

Let me vote on that using the Jesus Seminar voting method that you think so much of.

The red beads are for a vote of no confidence.

[dumping the entire red bead bin on counter]

Using your scientific endorsed voting method. I’d say that is a implausible baseless assumption.

I would advise finding a lawyer that doesn't take chickens as payment.

United States

#235370 Aug 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled coital.
No, you just let your filthy mind intrepret to suit itself.

Go to the gym.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235371 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please acquaint yourself with this word: hearsay
Then see what the US judicial system has to say about it.
Hmm.. On second thought I'll save you the trouble since you're too lazy to go to any website anyway!
Generally, an out-of-court statement is hearsay if the parties care about whether or not the statement is true. For the purposes of the rule, it does not matter whether the statement was oral or written. Generally speaking, hearsay cannot be used as evidence at trial.
For example, suppose that a witness stopped at the scene of a car crash. At the crash site, an injured driver stumbled up to her and said "Martians caused the accident!" Because of the hearsay rule, the statement cannot be used as evidence that Martians caused the accident. It could, however, be used as evidence that the injured driver was capable of speech after the crash. The rule would also bar the testimony if the injured driver scribbled his message on a scrap of paper and handed it to the witness.
Try harder, JC "has your back"
So if an individual whispers to a flight attendant while flying from Las Vegas to La.

“There’s a bomb on this plane, and I’m going to blow this mother f**ker up, no sh**.”

That individual would not be prosecuted because it’s a,“he said she said” thing which is hearsay?[laughing]

Now where’s that other bin of read beads? Oh, there it is.

Let me vote again scientifically speaking.[dumping read beads on table].
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235372 Aug 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thy bible is 100% hearsay.
In grade school should've had this simple experiment. Teacher tells one student a story.
This student tells the student be find it him or her the story. By the time we get to the last student the story has changed dramatically.
Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are deliberately left in for my amusement, they are forgiven, will go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries and one or two thesaurus's.
So if you walk up to a Secret Service Agent and whisper to him that you are going to fire a LAW rocket at the Presidential motorcade the very next time it pulls out of the White House.

According to your chicken lawyer analogy. You can’t be prosecuted because that would be hearsay?

Not only would you be prosecuted for making a terrorist threat. That Secret Service Agent is going to shove your head so far down into the earth that it’s going to pop out on the other side.

But please don't take my word for it. Try the experiment yourself and we will stand back and vote with beads after you are in prison. In that case the read bead will mean you fu*ked up big time.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235373 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What I.S did to James Foley is abhorrent, rest assured that his execution is seen as cowardly and repulsive by the vast majority of Brits. The sooner the perpetrator is identified and brought to justice (preferably the less tolerant US justice) the better.
However American patriotism?
Ahh you mean like those patriotic Americans who killed my grandfather
My grandfather was a British agent working with the French resistance to help pave the way for the D Day landings.
He was shot in the head by invading US troops for daring to protest and try to protect a French girl (another resistance member assisting the landings) from being gang raped by 6 of those US troops.
So in you view rape is patriotic?
I guess your grandfather personally told you this story? After he was shot dead?

And this French resistance girl decided to go to the UK and find your grandfathers relatives and tell them this story?

Even though for the sake of the spy tradecraft she really didn’t know your grandfathers real name?

Knowing that all US troops wear their name on their combat uniforms or wear dog tags for identification purposes?

She did this instead of reporting this alleged rape to US authorities?

This story is documented where? Just here?

Not in any official document?

Not in a court martial legal brief?

How patriotic is believing a lie?

But please let me answer your question about patriotic rape.

In order for it to have been a patriotic rape it would have had to been ordered by Military Command. The US military has a code of conduct that they are required to abide by or face prosecution. And in those days a soldier could be executed for war crimes against civilians.

So there's no such thing as a patriotic rape.

Most of these US soldiers that went and fought in Europe were law abiding respectful individuals that had mothers, sisters, wife’s, girlfriends, family and friends that were women.

If there was any validity in your made up story. Those soldiers in this fictitious story should have been given a fair trail and then face the repercussions if they were guilty.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235374 Aug 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just let your filthy mind intrepret to suit itself.
Go to the gym.
He would probably feel better if he went to see Jim.[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#235375 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
E=MC^2 is proof that the god as depicted in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you.
But you fail to realise that you can’t prove your god does exist among the 3700+ other gods that people have made up during recorded history.
And what my parents chose to name me makes a difference... how? Do you know your avatar indicates that you are incapable of thinking and so have to believe what you are told to believe? So what is it you believe??? Devil worship? Black magic? Honey you want to have a go at my name please be man enough to shoulder the consequences.
Denial? What is to deny, there is nothing to deny, no evidence whatsoever. However there is considerable lack of evidence...
As for the rest, total irrelevance based on nothing more than your avatar and is totally irrelevant
Now we have come full circle to this forum’s subject.

“Atheism requires as much faith as religion?”

We are being asked to believe based on the evidence you presented?

And that evidence is this, you said it was so?[rolling eyes]

Wow that’s pretty damning evidence. But I think I’ll pass on your evidence because you said it was so.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235376 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not relating this passage to any other writing. I'm asking for an explanation for how this and several other descriptions at this time occurred that we can only understand at this time.
You may want to plan on explaining the cloud by day and fire by night floating over the tribe.
Oh, and don't forget the fulfilled promise of the Alien that we observe in the Jews this very day.
Smile.
"the fulfilled promise" - as you state.....

And what is that?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235377 Aug 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lets see if you can follow.
I have no problem following along. Please don't project.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>1. Mankind was made in the image of God.
Not according to the Sumerians.

In this text - "God" is an abomination and angels created man.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

Also - if "God" has no image - "He" is considered "eternal" - then any image that is created was done without prior knowledge of an image.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>2. Christians are even called the children of God
No - they call themselves that.

All humans are supposedly "children of God". No individual organization has the exclusive right to claim themselves as the only sect to receive this label. In fact, Jews would be more inline with this label than any so-called "Christian" if biblical history shows us anything.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>3. Jesus accepted being called the only begotten Son of God.
He did? Please post the exact passage that has Jesus claiming this.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Like Father like Son.
"When you've seen me, you've seen the Father."
Smile.
Anyone can say this - as our "spirit" is supposedly from "God" - just like Jesus'.

In a different text - Jesus stated.....
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

This clearly also describes how an individual can become "the children of the living Father" ["God"].

Here is another one.....statements and teachings by Jesus - directed at his disciples:

(50) Jesus says:

(1) If they say to you:‘Where do you come from?’(then) say to them:‘We have come from the light, the place where the light has come into being by itself, has established [itself] and has appeared in their image.’
(2) If they say to you:‘Is it you?’(then) say:‘We are his children, and we are the elect of the living Father.’
(3) If they ask you:‘What is the sign of your Father among you?’(then) say to them:‘It is movement and repose.’"

You lack information and research....or you are just too biased to admit it.

Which is it?
I am right

Lawrenceville, GA

#235378 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you?
I very much doubt that until you actually saw it written down, you don’t appear to have the intelligence to think for yourself.
Which of course makes you a liar for you god... welcome to the thread
Did you know that if God and the Bible were still talked about each day before school starts that our world would not be in shambles like you cretinous atheists have done to it?
Atheism was the beginning of the end of the best country that ever existed. You are the typical moron that was force fed the lies of atheism and its ensuing hopelessness and shame.
Now go crawl back under your mossy-bottomed rock......but before you stop reading, hear this you scumbitch........

You are a pathetic lying and dishonest atheist that displays monotonous lies and deception with every post......and I bet you never really think before you blab your repugnant thoughts on this international forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 637,344
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min X Pendable 181,902
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 19 min An NFL Fan 37,990
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min It aint necessari... 28,415
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Memorial Day Sock 618,159
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min Holy Commandment... 44,131
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,745
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr pusherman 968,773
More from around the web