Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#234922 Aug 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this may be a bit off topic, but i'd be remiss if i didn't ask; how much hair do you keep down there?;-)
lol, only the goat knows...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/image...

whither the cow mows. Don't goes there if you care about your sanity.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#234923 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe there is no life but this one,
why do you waste your time as a troll?
Doubt if many people care what your preferences are, at this late date, in your posting?
Apparently it has some sort of cosmological significance to these idiots about exactly what others are thinking at their time of death and they find it extremely offensive that it might not be what they want it to be. Funny, but they probably won't be thinking what they want everybody else to be thinking at THEIR moment of death, so there's the paradox; they'll be wrong thinking, according to their own dogma. Worried sick that they haven't transformed everybody else's ideology into their own. Limbo's gonna fill up real fast. They better hope Jung's there to rip the confusion out of them. ;)

arharharhar

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#234924 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it has some sort of cosmological significance to these idiots about exactly what others are thinking at their time of death and they find it extremely offensive that it might not be what they want it to be. Funny, but they probably won't be thinking what they want everybody else to be thinking at THEIR moment of death, so there's the paradox; they'll be wrong thinking, according to their own dogma. Worried sick that they haven't transformed everybody else's ideology into their own. Limbo's gonna fill up real fast. They better hope Jung's there to rip the confusion out of them. ;)
arharharhar
This has to be about the most bizarre thinking you have expressed yet.
Patrick

United States

#234925 Aug 19, 2014
"........cosmological significance to these idiots about exactly what others are thinking at their time of death....."
LOL

English novelist, short-story writer, playwright and journalist, whose novels treat moral issues in the context of political settings.

Graham Greene was one of the most widely read novelist of the 20th-century, a superb storyteller. Adventure and suspense are constant elements in his novels and many of his books have been made into successful films. Although Greene was nominated several times as a candidate for the Nobel Prize for Literature, he never received the award. In 1961, when Ivo Andric was granted the honor, Greene was a runner-up with the Danish writer Karen Blixen, who came third.

"The main characters in a novel must necessarily have some kinship to the author, they come out of his body as a child comes from the womb, then the umbilical cord is cut, and they grow into independence. The more the author knows of his own character the more he can distance himself from his invented characters and the more room they have to grow in." (Graham Greene in Ways of Escape, 1980)

Graham Greene was born in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, the son of Charles Greene and Marion Raymond Greene, a first cousin of the author Robert Louis Stevenson. The wealth of them family came from brewing and Brazilian coffee. Greene's father had a poor academic record but he became the headmaster of Berkhamsted School, following Dr. Thomas Fry. Charles Greene had a brilliant intellect. Originally he was interested in the career of a barrister. However, he found that he had liking for teaching and he decided to stay at Berkhamsted. Often his history lessons were less lessons than comments on the crack-up of Liberalism. His brother Graham ended his career as Permanent Secretary at the Admiralty.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234926 Aug 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a time when nobody is at work (except Waffle House) workers. A great time to have a family reunion and give gifts to tell them how much they mean to me. Have a great meal and just have fun and fellowship.
I gave my vacuum away. It was collecting dust.

Châteaubriand for two?
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234927 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
"........cosmological significance to these idiots about exactly what others are thinking at their time of death....."
LOL
am ended his career as Permanent Secretary at the Admiralty.
AUSTIN TX - Last week’s indictment of Texas Governor Rick Perry has sparked widespread bipartisan support for the concept of sending politicians to prison for ninety-nine years.

While Americans are divided about the merits of the specific charges levelled against Perry, there is near-unanimous agreement that imprisoning politicians for ninety-nine years is an idea worth exploring further, a poll released on Monday indicates.

According to the poll, eighty-seven per cent of voters from both parties agreed that sending politicians to prison for such a lengthy period would “solve a lot of problems” and “make the country safer.”

Additionally, when asked to name one politician they would like to see incarcerated for ninety-nine years, voters easily rattled off a dozen or more such candidates, with some voters naming as many as fifty.

Finally, when informed that imprisoning politicians for ninety-nine years might lead to overcrowding that would require the construction of costly new prisons, eighty-three per cent agreed with the statement,“Money is no object.”

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Patrick

United States

#234928 Aug 19, 2014

AUSTIN Lashing out at what he called the “Soviet-style” tactics of the indictments against him, Texas Governor Rick Perry said on Tuesday that the government had “grossly overstepped its traditional role of mandating transvaginal ultrasounds.”

Speaking to supporters in Austin, Perry blasted the indictments and called for a return to an era of limited government that focusses on requiring gynecological procedures.

“We are living in dark days indeed when the state of Texas is spending time and money probing its officials instead of its women,” he said, to thunderous applause
Patrick

United States

#234929 Aug 19, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
AUSTIN TX - Last week’s indictment of Texas Governor Rick Perry has sparked widespread bipartisan support for the concept of sending politicians to prison for ninety-nine years.
While Americans are divided about the merits of the specific charges levelled against Perry, there is near-unanimous agreement that imprisoning politicians for ninety-nine years is an idea worth exploring further, a poll released on Monday indicates.
According to the poll, eighty-seven per cent of voters from both parties agreed that sending politicians to prison for such a lengthy period would “solve a lot of problems” and “make the country safer.”
Additionally, when asked to name one politician they would like to see incarcerated for ninety-nine years, voters easily rattled off a dozen or more such candidates, with some voters naming as many as fifty.
Finally, when informed that imprisoning politicians for ninety-nine years might lead to overcrowding that would require the construction of costly new prisons, eighty-three per cent agreed with the statement,“Money is no object.”
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Yup
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234930 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
Andy's a real hoot.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234931 Aug 19, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the word "lair" is so overused in this forum. It has no value. The word is cheap and meaningless. I avoid using it for that reason and I hope you also will consider using a phrase or word that has more value.
Lair?

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#234932 Aug 19, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lair?
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Thank you for that response because it brings to the surface HPD or Histrionic personality disorder.

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval. Histrionic people are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. HPD affects four times as many women as men. It has a prevalence of 2–3% in the general population and 10–15% in inpatient and outpatient mental health institutions.

HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders. People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation. They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_perso...
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234933 Aug 19, 2014
Tim Vine won the Dave award in Edinburgh for that yesterday... it's gone viral.

4 years ago he won with, "I went on a once in a lifetime holiday. Never again."

No doubt nobbyanomaly reckons they wrote it first!
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave my vacuum away. It was collecting dust.
Châteaubriand for two?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234934 Aug 19, 2014
The sorr of people that think god's listening to them?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that response because it brings to the surface HPD or Histrionic personality disorder.
Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval. Histrionic people are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. HPD affects four times as many women as men. It has a prevalence of 2–3% in the general population and 10–15% in inpatient and outpatient mental health institutions.
HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders. People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation. They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_perso...
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234935 Aug 19, 2014
sort ^

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234936 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this may be a bit off topic, but i'd be remiss if i didn't ask; how much hair do you keep down there?;-)
Crossed the line?... oh no, as I understand it, when you are sick in the head as you seem to be lines of decency do not exist.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#234937 Aug 20, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lair?
Carry those words onto concepts.

Topix atheists such as yourself make a big deal about words and structure. They have to follow a certain form for you to believe them. Part of your training. One of your favorite reasons to ridicule a very old book.

You miss the gist of things.

Or something like that.

#234938 Aug 20, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how's about ya'll work on curbing your islamic fascism from taking over all of europe and we'll continue our tea party celebration of freedom?
Once again you are clueless of what you speak. It must me your mental aberration and fascination with my pubic area that not only affects your moral decency but somehow your understanding of fact as well.

As I said, the tea party is right wing – far right, much further right than the average right wing American. Fascism is a right wing philosophy and the tea party are in the fascist camp born of the fascism prevalent 80 years ago. The Koch’s were raised to admire Mussolini and set the tea party up in the image of Hitlers brown shirts. There is no freedom involved in their policy except perhaps the freedom of Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin and Rand Paul to profit from your misery.

#234939 Aug 20, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sez who?
Sez buck and buck must always be right because buck thinks he know everything and when someone contradicts bucks acclaimed (or should that be self claimed) omniscience then he will cause biblical style devastation, destruction and world flooding by stomping his foot and making lies up about you

Top of the morning to ya Mac

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#234940 Aug 20, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
As the West ramped up its sanctions against the Russian Federation, on Wednesday Russian President Vladimir Putin convened a high-level meeting of his imaginary friends to craft a response.
Putin spent over six hours consulting with his inner circle of imaginary friends, whom he refers to as the League of Superior Beings.
Attending the meeting were Igor, a powerful brute who can deflect missiles with his bare fists; Dr. Karamazov, who can control the world’s weather; and Ludmila, a sorceress whose powers include the ability to bend time and transform herself into a number of animals and insects.
According to sources, Putin and his imaginary friends are weighing a broad array of options, including covering Europe in icicles and sending U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to another dimension.
LOL

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#234941 Aug 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried Vegemite and I dislike it as much as I dislike Marmite, and put in proportion, that’s even more that I dislike buck.
A daily vitamin pill is good for you and it tastes much better
Edward de Bono is one of the world’s most respected lateral thinkers – he invented the phrase - he advises governments on various problems. When asked what can be done about the Middle East conflict he said “Send Marmite”
His reasoning was along the lines of:- In the middle east they eat unleavened bread, unleavened bread is low in zinc, zinc deficiency is known to cause aggression, marmite is high in zinc
Now that is a thought. Then they would be happy little Vegemites...or Marmites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Dally Mama 744,290
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min truth 545,186
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 30 min andet1987 4,249
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 34 min andet1987 1,118
Is Chris Brown a Gang Member Now? 40 min andet1987 5
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 42 min dman3626 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min onemale 260,239
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,444
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WesternNationsAWo... 174,211

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE