Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#235016 Aug 21, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA!!!
You fooking liar. "godbot" ring a bell?
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA HA!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
No it doesn't.
Joke moron... joke. I realise there is no gun and no threat involved so you will probably not understand it but that’s just the way it is.

And yes it dose.

Not only do you claim dyslexia when it suits you but you also have a problem with the meaning of English (correct spelling) words. I have already had this discussion with buck and provided 2 (T W O) thesaurus links to prove my point. Perhaps you should find and read that post before opening your mouth when some fool can stick there foot in it

#235017 Aug 21, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Only in the mind of the Topix Atheist! is media reports and Wikipedia considered fact.
As opposed to sitting on the couch in the front garden, swigging a cheap can of buttwiper and watching the hype on TV?

I agree with you on wikipedia as I have often told you when you have cited it and then you objected strongly that it is open to manipulation. Hypocrit.

Yes it is open to manipulation however the references aren’t... They can be added to or removed but they are often academically validated and accurate.

As for the media reports, several contains links to the tea party minutes and documents to which they were referring. Perhaps you should follow those links and read them too.

#235018 Aug 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I need to explain to you the difference in evidence and opinion?
You linked to bigoted assertions, the same as your original bigoted assertions.
Here's a hint:
If you want to allege "evidence", never, I mean NEVER, link to something that says "dailykos"
They are known liars, like you.
As I just said to the RR sock, some of those links contain access to tea party documents.

Are you saying that are frauds and liers too?

And may I remind you that when you claim I have said something then be prepared to prove it or count yourself as the liar that you are.

#235019 Aug 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
freuline gertrude only likes religion that puts her and other antichrist's in the center of the universe as 'gods'- aka those without beginning and without end!
too bad, so sad for freuline gerty - cuz just as eva braun had an abrupt demise, so shall she....:-(
Ignored on the grounds that you are a misogynous idiot

#235020 Aug 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "evidence" for fascism in the dailykos link is support for states' rights.
Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaa....
So Jefferson and Madison were fascists, too.
Bwahahahahahahahhaaaa....
Thank you, Christine.
This gives the reader a clear flavor of what you mean when you say "evidence".
Bwahahahahahahahahah....
More buck joining dots from different pictures. You know you mommy should have let you play with a colouring book when you were a child rather than getting off on you licking here out.

You of course may mock the dailykos page but despite the reputation you try to paint it contains accurate references

Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin and Rand Paul are playing you for a sucker and you are just violent, bigoted and racist enough to swallow the hook, line and sinker

#235021 Aug 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul started the tea party movement, with concerns over the Federal Reserve.
Founded on fascist lines.

#235022 Aug 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are falling for it's opponents political spin, it's calling Ron Paul fascist , lol that's pretty funny. You can't believe this crap. Sure there maybe some racist people in anything including the stories above. They were written by people racist against the tea party.
That’s politics and personally I do not give a toss that people are anti tee party, a taste of their anti anything they don’t agree with “should” come as a bit of an eye opener, though I very much doubt that it will make a dent on the incredulity.

Believe what you will, we have had the right wing backlash (failed) based on racial hatred and reducing taxes to the expense of everyone but themselves, it usually leads to violence. BTW, the EDL (a fascist, right wing, white supremacist group) is forging stronger links with their counterparts in the US. You guessed it, the tea party

Ahh you mean written by the average person who happens to have different political leaning to you...

#235023 Aug 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Lets talk about the real fascist people we have here, like George Soros one of his mouthpieces Piers Morgan.
Best think that happened to the UK, Piers Morgan moving to the US

Get’s him out of our hair... Thanks for accepting him with open arms... you can keep him if you like.

#235024 Aug 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The only balls you have, are someone elses hanging off your chin.
:-)

So you have come across wassooo before...

#235025 Aug 21, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your whiskey diet. I do it in moderation. Got any favorite brands. My favorite is canadian mist, and yours?
Not mine, was a Tommy Cooper line.

I very rarely drink spirits, average 3 or 4 shots a year, more wine but not that much more. When I do imbibe the hard stuff I prefer Cognac, Remy Martin XO has a wonderful smooth smoky flavour, perhaps my favourite spirit

For whiskies I have the occasional Canadian club as good cheapy down the pub but I prefer Glenfiddich when it’s available and keep a bottle at home for emergencies...

The only time I ever lost time to alcohol was as a teenager, I was invited to Glasgow for hogmanay. The drink was Poitín. I woke up 50 miles away in Edinburgh with a hangover from hell, I had no dea how I got there and no way back, I had lost 24 hours. Each time I took a drink of water for the next 3 days I was out of it again. A salutary lesson that I have never forgotten.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235026 Aug 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was younger I experienced some frustration over the Texas Blue Laws preventing certain items from being purchased on Sunday. Thankfully those laws were repealed. I don't support blue laws and never did. I do believe that everyone should enjoy at least one day off a week from work.
The Bible is by some measures the world’s most popular christian manual. It is also shameless; a grotesque compendium of sensational ridiculous stories, unverified viral memes, anonymously sourced goatherder gossip, thinly veiled sexism, and hypocritical moralizing.

Here is Matthew routinely ignored for centuries and churches constructed. Why?

Gentle reminder...

Matthew 6:6

And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.

But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

It's easier to fail in prayer to god privately than to fail publicly as a group(congregation)

Who knows there could be a closet rehab show on television!

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#235027 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Useful? At what? Surely you jest...
From what I can see he’s just a waste of good breathing air but hang on, I have it, he does produce manure both useful and verbal.
And I do appreciate the name helps me with my French pronunciation of “oiseau”
Actually, he's a warning to other people about what religion can do to you. That's why I said useful.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#235028 Aug 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
does anyone besides me think it's hilarious when man-hating lezbos think a man is chauvinist just for having balls and being a man? LOL!;-)
Ahh, but you don't.
http://sacricketblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#235029 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t really care where you lice sleep at night
Don't forget the crabs.
Believer

United States

#235030 Aug 21, 2014
Contrary to the atheist beliefs, God does exist !
We are living and breathing !
This did not begin with the "Big Bang Theory'!
So folks that choose not to believe , just remember one thing !
God created science !

#235031 Aug 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he's a warning to other people about what religion can do to you. That's why I said useful.
Ahh, I see.

#235032 Aug 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the crabs.
Oh yes I did forget, and I bet his dog finds those flea eggs real tasty
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#235033 Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma city was bombed by a believer.
Believer wrote:
God created science !

#235034 Aug 21, 2014
Believer wrote:
God created science !
So you want is all to ignore the technology and the progress and the science that allows you to post the on topix, live past age 30 and fly to another continent and go back to the bronze age and worship the camp fire demon of goat herders because you say so.

Great, now where does the queue end?

#235035 Aug 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Oklahoma city was bombed by a believer.
<quoted text>
So was the twin towers, different way of showing that belief but a believer in the same abrahamic god

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Gods r Delusion x... 673,321
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min nanoanomaly 981,316
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min Bongo 104,726
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
More from around the web