Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243311 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

EXPERT

Redding, CA

#234791 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
Not only are Creationist's cult member's beliefs ignorant and evidenceless - they are ignorant people too - unwilling to understand science, educate themselves out of ignorance.
its almost as though they are proud being stupid.
Why must the Creationist stupidity by tolerated by Atheists?
How much does information weigh?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234792 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
Look , at me I'm am Atheist ....Hercules is FAKE ...I fucking hate , you stupid , stupid , stupid mortals who subscribe to ' fake ' Hercules ..
You have ruined , my life ...and , I will spend my money and time trying to debunk Hercules a myth ...
signed ....an Atheist ..
http://t.qkme.me/69ef.jpg
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234793 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>And , yet organized Religion is the bane of organized Government .... < guzzles , Bud lite lime ..
so , organized religion ...means...things are good ..???
This is why Jesus said your foundations are of sand ....you say it , but begin thinking about it ....and , you realize how stupid you are ...
What Jesus is alleged to have said has no meaning for me.

And this should disturb you also... If JC actually said it...

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

Can your God create a wife for himself?
Can he create another God?
Can he commit suicide?
How long did God hang around with nothing on his mind to do except create something, become dissatisfied with it and destroy it like a spoiled child?
is the God of the Jews and the Muslims the Hindus and Buddhists all the same as yours?

Stick with your faith that's about all you've really got to discuss.

Frankly, it is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
Patrick

United States

#234794 Aug 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Piltdown man was faked by a christian fraud but debunked by scientists.
My advice to christian frauds: stop lying.
<quoted text>
Religionisillnes man was faked by an atheist but debunked by comedians. LOL
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234795 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
Not only are Creationist's cult member's beliefs ignorant and evidenceless - they are ignorant people too - unwilling to understand science, educate themselves out of ignorance.
its almost as though they are proud being stupid.
Why must the Creationist stupidity by tolerated by Atheists?
Why?

Because they are unintentionally funny and we thoroughly enjoy crucifying them on their own cross!
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234796 Aug 17, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
666 pounds depending on your available storage.
:-/
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#234797 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, it is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234798 Aug 17, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/how-much...

Next?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#234799 Aug 17, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
..so...you have acrid sense of humor ...:)
With an id , like the Arrakis fremen " Stilgar" ....I'm not surprised ..
Who , doesn't want a Christmas present ..the Jews..??

Las Vegas, NV

#234800 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus is alleged to have said has no meaning for me.
And this should disturb you also... If JC actually said it...
"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26
Can your God create a wife for himself?
Can he create another God?
Can he commit suicide?
How long did God hang around with nothing on his mind to do except create something, become dissatisfied with it and destroy it like a spoiled child?
is the God of the Jews and the Muslims the Hindus and Buddhists all the same as yours?
Stick with your faith that's about all you've really got to discuss.
pretty good , I'm speechless ...THAT , NEVER HAPPENS ....

But , no the God of the Jews , Hindus , Buddhists , Moslems and Prostestant's is not the same God ..

as , you and I will disagree on what freedom means ...both , can not be right ..?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234801 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
..so...you have acrid sense of humor ...:)
With an id , like the Arrakis fremen " Stilgar" ....I'm not surprised ..
Who , doesn't want a Christmas present ..the Jews..??
I would think an atheist wouldn't want a Christmas present.

As a Christian, I don't want any presents for Ramadan. I don't even know when it is.

But atheists, especially the ones posting here, seem to be obsessed with Christianity.

Las Vegas, NV

#234802 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars try to open their mouths again and again in the Atheism forum, but can't produce any evidence of god.
What f*cked up creatures these ignorant idiots really are...waste of humanity - cowards who cannot admit they got it wrong and god isn't real.
..why , does it sound like you need a hug ..?

We're talking about a ' myth ' no ...??

Why , are your knickers in such a bunch ..??

chillax ...limey ..
Patrick

United States

#234803 Aug 17, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowardly cult liar with no evidence of god and loud, ignorant mouth.
Progress in Iraq

ALQOSH, Iraq — Seizing on the momentum of focused American airstrikes in recent days, Kurdish forces moved to retake the strategic Mosul Dam on Sunday night, in their most significant challenge yet to the Sunni militants’ advance in northern Iraq.

The American assaults hit 10 armed vehicles, seven Humvees, two armored personnel carriers and one checkpoint belonging to fighters of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, the United States Central Command said Sunday.

In the past two days, United States forces have conducted 30 airstrikes across Iraq, officials said, with many of them focused around the dam, which militants captured after routing the Kurdish forces 10 days ago. A statement from the National Security Council in Washington on Sunday said that the bombings were ordered by President Obama to help the Iraqi forces “retake and establish control over the Mosul Dam.”

Mr. Obama, the statement added, also officially informed Congress that he had authorized the American airstrikes in Iraq, consistent with the War Powers Resolution.

As of late Sunday, Kurdish government officials said fighting around the dam complex, Iraq’s largest, was continuing, despite early reports that the site had been retaken.

“We do not control the entire dam yet,” said Fuad Hussein, a spokesman for Massoud Barzani, the Iraqi Kurdish president, in a televised statement.

The air campaign has seemed to check the militants’ move against the semiautonomous Kurdish region, an offensive that sent tens of thousands of refugees fleeing and at one point threatened the Kurdish capital, Erbil.

By hammering the militants with warplanes and drones, the Americans have severely curtailed the freedom of movement enjoyed by the ISIS fighters.

It remains to be seen how the Kurdish forces, known as the pesh merga, may fare if the air support is halted, despite Mr. Obama’s suggestion that it could last for months. Having lost significant ground during the ISIS fighters’ sudden advance this month, Kurdish forces have shown that they may not be able to go it alone. The forces pushing into the Mosul Dam area are believed to include the Iraqi Special Forces, making the operation a hybrid of American, Kurdish and Iraqi commands.

Kurdish officials acknowledge that the airstrikes have been vital to recent success in halting the militants’ onslaught. For their part, pesh merga officials have complained bitterly about inferior arms compared with those used by the militants, who have claimed powerful American munitions abandoned on the battlefield by the Iraqi military.

“The aircrafts have handicapped the ISIS forces — they cannot move easily,” said Hariam Agha, a local commander of the Kurdish forces in Dohuk.“They killed a lot of their fighters.”

Since Saturday, 13 militants have been killed in airstrikes and 46 have been wounded, medical officials in the area said.

According to Kurdish officials, ISIS fighters now appear to be falling back on several fronts, as pesh merga forces approach both the dam and the city of Mosul, which is the capital of Nineveh Province. In their wake, they have left mines to slow the progress of Kurdish and Iraqi government forces following in their tracks. The Kurdish advance appeared to have been halted on Sunday afternoon, as local fighters and officials said they were awaiting sapper teams to clear the way to the dam.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#234804 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..except...The utter anger and vitriol ...Atheist , have ....towards ...A MERE MYTH ...
Atheists don't hate god/MYTH,,we hate the Evils and IDIOcy done in the name of it

Can your burned out brain comprehend that,Bucko!?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#234805 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..who , the fuck gave you a 'star' and 'lightbulb'...?
I know this one...

how about " YOUR MOMMA"
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234807 Aug 17, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think an atheist wouldn't want a Christmas present.
As a Christian, I don't want any presents for Ramadan. I don't even know when it is.
But atheists, especially the ones posting here, seem to be obsessed with Christianity.
Amazing!

Imagine - atheists posting to other atheists in atheist forums!

What a radical concept! <unmasked sarcasm>

Only obsessed christians bother to attend atheist forums. To what purpose does this serve?

Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith?

I do enjoy true Christians and their mythology.

It's a real hoot crucifying them on their own cross.

Fact is the proverbial "achilles' heel" of all religions
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234808 Aug 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Progress in Iraq
ALQOSH, Iraq — Seizing on the momentum of focused American airstrikes in recent days,.
Kurdish advance appeared to have been halted on Sunday afternoon, as local fighters and officials said they were awaiting sapper teams to clear the way to the dam.
As the West ramped up its sanctions against the Russian Federation, on Wednesday Russian President Vladimir Putin convened a high-level meeting of his imaginary friends to craft a response.

Putin spent over six hours consulting with his inner circle of imaginary friends, whom he refers to as the League of Superior Beings.

Attending the meeting were Igor, a powerful brute who can deflect missiles with his bare fists; Dr. Karamazov, who can control the world’s weather; and Ludmila, a sorceress whose powers include the ability to bend time and transform herself into a number of animals and insects.

According to sources, Putin and his imaginary friends are weighing a broad array of options, including covering Europe in icicles and sending U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to another dimension.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234809 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
Amazing! Imagine - atheists posting to other atheists in atheist forums! What a radical concept! <unmasked sarcasm> Only obsessed christians bother to attend atheist forums. To what purpose does this serve? Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith? I do enjoy true Christians and their mythology. It's a real hoot crucifying them on their own cross. Fact is the proverbial "achilles' heel" of all religions
Christians are posting to atheists in this "atheist forum" in defense of their belief.

Are you doing the same, defending your belief?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#234810 Aug 17, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are posting to atheists in this "atheist forum" in defense of their belief.
Are you doing the same, defending your belief?
You believe in the non existence of black holes?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#234811 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think I should post things from this holy book? That I selected only 'atheist friendly ' scripture?
The book is indeed ghastly if you take the time to read it. That's the sad thing 50% of it is decent stuff the other 50% isn't.
Incoherent?
< nearly dies laughing >
That is a perfect description of the Bible and the people that follow its teachings.
"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." ~George Bernard Shaw
I've studied religions, as a pastime for several years. Jainism is superior in my opinion.
After 911 everything changed.
A modern wake up call.:-(
"We love death. The USA loves life. That is the difference between us two"
~ Osama bin Laden
The whole thing is a steaming pile of Shiite but Sunni or later, some religious wackos will arm themselves with a nuclear weapon...
A haunting voice from the past...
"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says,'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."
J Robert Oppenheimer
My good Atheist friend, I know that you haven’t read or studied the Bible. The reason I know this is because of your responses, your inability to answer biblical questions and or any question for that matter. You’re a cut & paste Atheist and clueless when it comes to the Bible.

Don’t feel bad because your are in the same boat as the rest of your topix Compadres. We understand this narcissistic mentality of yours. It’s like all of you were manufactured at the same assembly line right down to the same serial number.

You need to understand that these radical Muslims have absolutely no use for Atheist. Instead of cutting your head off with a sharp knife like they do on the Christians. They’ll use a dull one on you so they have to hack and saw through your neck. You don’t have any favor with the Muslim world, none.

At least in Israel you have the freedom to believe how you wish as long as you are a peaceful law abiding member of society. You don’t have that freedom in a Muslim extremist society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 4 min Knock off purse s... 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min USA Born 596,158
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 854,586
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 100,739
Whole Foods finally admits it ripped customers ... 7 min Knock off purse s... 5
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min Brian_G 898
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min WasteWater 6,134
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 444,291
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web