Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256538 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#234547 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no that I've lost credibility with you.
Whatever will I do now?
:(
Renounce your freedom and submit to you new master, then obey her every command.
LOL I'll just watch and maybe film it a little...Aura waits ...over there>>>>> >>>
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#234548 Aug 13, 2014
You act like they are the only choices.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
We either take over and take control or the terrorists will continue to slaughter innocent people in their homes and in the streets.
Do you want that?
<quoted text>
American government or military isn't fascist.
American government or military isn't a dictatorship.
But even if they were, yes I'd take America NOT killing it's innocent people in the streets vs Hamas or ISIS killing innocent people in the streets.
You wouldn't?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#234549 Aug 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly girl, the whole idea of atheism is there is no one higher than man. It why we call atheism a religion.
In fact, we see the fruit of man being unaccountable to a higher power at all levels of a society.
There is no greater faith than believing that is a good idea...
Smile.
Im guessing you just make up this sh@!t as you go along.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234550 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
SE USA, cool, been a couple of times, business though so not really had much time to look at churches, did notice that in some places they seem to be on every street corner, how the preachers make a profit I will never know.
Two wild accusations.

1. Church on every corner
2. Preachers making profit

You'll have to excuse mot for not taking your word for it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234551 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
I have no problem with circumcision just so long as it is performed for medical reasons and with informed consent and I must admit I do like the aesthetics of the circumcised penis.
Are you trying to wage a war on men?

Stop trying to tell us what we can do with our own bodies.

A woman has no right to get involved in this discussion.

(sound familiar?)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234552 Aug 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Renounce your freedom and submit to you new master, then obey her every command.
LOL I'll just watch and maybe film it a little...Aura waits ...over there>>>>> >>>
Yuck

Mr Fif waits of there <<<<<<< <<<<<

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234553 Aug 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You act like they are the only choices.
<quoted text>
That WAS the question, Unthinking.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234554 Aug 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'm a long term McLaren fan but I still want Lewis to win.
I saw the Top Gear special. I don't think the Sixt will be very happy if I paint "NASCAR sucks" on their droptop, though!
We're travelling all the way around the Florida coast, East then West, and will finish in New Orleans before hacking back to Atlanta. Will have 100s of hours of Radio 4 (TIMC, etc) on accompny us rather than "Praise da Lord" local radio.
<quoted text>
The Atlantic coast and center of the peninsula is much more interesting. Lot of history on the coast from the 1500's. The interior has more of the old attractions and points of interest. Be sure to check out Silver Springs and the Bok Tower in Lake Wales. Spook Hill is right near the Tower. North of Orlando you should take one of the old US routes to Tallahassee, then down to the coast and on to Pensacola. That 200 mile stretch from Tallahassee to Pensacola is deadass boring.

The interstates in the South are tree lined tunnels from here to there. Take the old routes to see anything.

There is a place called Perry at the bend of the Panhandle that has a lot of dinosaur digs. There is a historic residential section of Pensacola with architecture that puts NOLA to shame.

The best beaches will be Daytona south to West Palm Beach. You can walk some of them for miles at night in safety. You won't further south. Take A1A down if you have the time.

United States

#234555 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atlantic coast and center of the peninsula is much more interesting. Lot of history on the coast from the 1500's. The interior has more of the old attractions and points of interest. Be sure to check out Silver Springs and the Bok Tower in Lake Wales. Spook Hill is right near the Tower. North of Orlando you should take one of the old US routes to Tallahassee, then down to the coast and on to Pensacola. That 200 mile stretch from Tallahassee to Pensacola is deadass boring.
The interstates in the South are tree lined tunnels from here to there. Take the old routes to see anything.
There is a place called Perry at the bend of the Panhandle that has a lot of dinosaur digs. There is a historic residential section of Pensacola with architecture that puts NOLA to shame.
The best beaches will be Daytona south to West Palm Beach. You can walk some of them for miles at night in safety. You won't further south. Take A1A down if you have the time.
I just looked up the geography of Great Britain. The longest distance between two points is 601 1/2 miles.

Miami to Pensacola is 750 miles. Add another 130 or so from Key West. You will have a lot of windshield time.

We used to joke about having to drive 400 miles from Miami to get to the United States. That was to the Georgia border.

Florida has a rather unique history.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#234556 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I just looked up the geography of Great Britain. The longest distance between two points is 601 1/2 miles.
Miami to Pensacola is 750 miles. Add another 130 or so from Key West. You will have a lot of windshield time.
We used to joke about having to drive 400 miles from Miami to get to the United States. That was to the Georgia border.
You may want to move to where the secondary smoke, wont hold you in orbit anymore.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#234557 Aug 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
It's a friendly part of the world so in return I don't mind the meaningless platitudes.
Not going near any sodding theme parks though!
<quoted text>
LOL

My last visit to anywhere like that was Blackpool Pleasure beach when I was around 22, for charity.

#234558 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no that I've lost credibility with you.
Whatever will I do now?
:(
I have no idea what you will do... perhaps hang your head in shame or perhaps simply hang yourself. I really have no idea what a loser with no credibility does with their lives.

#234559 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Where is your evidence that E=MC2 proves God cannot be omnipotent?
<quoted text>
Oh.
But where is your evidence that E=MC2 proves God cannot be omnipotent?
Been here so many times, surely you are not a funny-mentalist who has an aversion to basic education?

In the equation and the definition of the word omnipotent - dumbo.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234560 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that 11 US states are bigger then England? Hell, Michigan is bigger than England.

#234561 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about it's medial (sic) benefits, but circumcision has several medical benefits.
-A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
-A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
-Protection against penile cancer.
-Reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
-Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
-Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
-Makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.
Where is it written in the Bible that "god the creator did not want men to have foreskins"?
You've lost the medial (sic) debate, are you ready to lose the Biblical debate as well?
Correct, you don’t know.

So why do Hebrew and Muslims alike, both followers and worshippers of your god require circumcision to be truly Hebrew or truly Muslim?

Actually Ruck Rick mk II, I have proven the medical debate by quoting medical condition that may require circumcision. Including some of the “befits” you mentioned. Oh I get it, you repeat my claims after the fact and then claim they are yours – wow... that’s a real toughly to comprehend.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Circumcision/Pag...
When circumcision may be necessary
This section describes only the medical reasons when circumcision may be necessary. It is outside the scope of this article to discuss religious or cultural reasons for circumcision.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234562 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you will do... perhaps hang your head in shame or perhaps simply hang yourself. I really have no idea what a loser with no credibility does with their lives.
Why the death threat? That's not cool.

United States

#234563 Aug 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to move to where the secondary smoke, wont hold you in orbit anymore.
I am sure you thought that was some sort of witty and cogent remark.

Kindly clue everyone else in to just how it was.

Florida is quite different from the rest of the South once you get away from the northern border. Amazing mix of peoples and settlements, especially after disease killed off the very fierce inhabitants before the Spanish. That peninsula has always been wild and wooly.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#234564 Aug 13, 2014
Thanks Dave,

I avoid freeways where possible and was certainly planning to take the A1A wherever possible.
My wife loves fossils and so Perry sound like a good shout.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234565 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here so many times, surely you are not a funny-mentalist who has an aversion to basic education?
In the equation and the definition of the word omnipotent - dumbo.
Omnipotent
(of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything.

You claim that "the maths" explain your little guess.

What mathematical calculation fits into "unlimited"?

Go.
Patrick

United States

#234566 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Omnipotent
(of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything.
You claim that "the maths" explain your little guess.
What mathematical calculation fits into "unlimited"?
Go.

How many atheist can dance on the end of a pin,
or is it angels ? LOL

FYI - another fight for those not following Manchester United ?

When Cardinal Bergoglio was elected pope in 2013, many traditional Catholics were wary. Recently, their pessimism is being justified as "The Francis Effect" makes itself felt across the world and in America, most notably in the Archdiocese of New York.

So-called "traditional" Catholics prefer to attend the Mass as it was celebrated before and during the Second Vatican Council (1962-5), before the liturgy was radically reformed in 1969.

The Tridentine Mass, which was the ordinary form of the Mass from 1570-1969, is said in Latin, often accompanied by Gregorian Chant and incense, and emphasizes the sacrificial aspect of the Mass.

I hope both Pope Francis and the New York Archdiocese will cease their attack on a community of people that mean no harm and who support the Church through thick and thin.
In contrast, the post-1969 Mass simplifies prayers, places more emphasis on the communal and removes language deemed to be an ecumenical barrier to Protestants. Many celebrations also use the vernacular instead of Latin, and have a more simplistic style and are frequently accompanied by modern music.

Although suppressed immediately after the reform, the older rite was legalized by Pope St. John Paul II in limited circumstances in 1988, and then freed up entirely by Pope Benedict XVI in his groundbreaking 2007 document "Summorum Pontificum," in which he also expressed his desire that the solemn celebration of the traditional rite would consequently rub off on the way the new rite is celebrated.

Yet Pope Francis is having none of it. In his Archdiocese in Buenos Aires, the traditional rite was non-existent, and he was described by an Argentinian journalist as "a sworn enemy of the Traditional Mass." Since he ascended to the papacy this has been shown to be true in a global sense.

Apart from his dive away from the traditional liturgical style of Benedict in papal masses, Pope Francis has dismissed Catholics who attend the older rites in Latin as 'ideologizing' and being guilty of 'exploitation.' He also banned the Franciscans of the Immaculate -- a worldwide traditional Catholic order -- from celebrating the old Mass freely. Apparently, the attitude of "Who am I to judge" does not apply here.

No wonder then that some bishops and cardinals are seeing the winds of change at the Vatican and are acting accordingly.

In New York, under the leadership of the once moderately conservative Timothy Cardinal Dolan, the Archdiocese was a place that allowed the traditional mass to be said without hassle after Summorum Pontificum.

However, since Pope Francis arrived, Dolan -- commonly referred to as "America's Pope" -- has shifted to the left, so much so that even the New York Times has noticed. Dolan has become a spokesman for Francis' view of capitalism, has softened on gay rights, been an even stauncher advocate of amnesty for illegal immigrants and incredibly -- criticized ObamaCare because it didn't provide free health care to illegals, putting him to the left of Nancy Pelosi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 63,246
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Prophecy Update News 653,568
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Steve III 618,740
Just chatt 43 min Alone 2
Katie mitchell 56 min Cuziknow 1
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 2 hr 13yokinkygirl 12
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 2 hr Marcen18064742 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,529
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web