Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256624 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234438 Aug 9, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
Can your God commit suicide? Y/N?
Not even God can do the logically impossible, like creating a two-sided triangle or a married bachelor.

Capisce?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#234439 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
When I eat tater tots, I like to make a 70/30 mix of ketchup/hot sauce.
Adds to the flavor.
You?
Me?
I...um.....
Stay out the room you're in.... later!

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#234440 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even God can do the logically impossible, like creating a two-sided triangle or a married bachelor.
Capisce?
God that can't do the impossible.....isn't god.
Take Henry the 8th for example, not god but he created a two-sided love triangle and became a married bachelor.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234441 Aug 9, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing?
I agree... you are very amusing albeit unintentional.
You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that require intellectual development?
Frankly, it is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
And you believe in a book that says a 25,000 pound Tyrannosaurus was playing basketball then jumps, grows wings and turns into a bird.

A horse runs into the ocean and becomes a 50 ton whale.

And all life self started when lightning struck a puddle of mud.

A hummingbird evolved from pot belly pigs.

Scooter, your book is a hell of a lot more far fetched than ours.

Take your skate board back home. You have a game of angry birds waiting for you.
CunningLinguist

Deltona, FL

#234442 Aug 9, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing. You have never seen me express any such belief as you insinuate.
Now, I have said that Abraham pimped out his old lady to make his fortune and not really caring about killing Isaac because it wasn't his kid. And some similar observations.
But that makes me a Bible thumper in your eyes.
You have some developmental issues.
You are in clone mode. Programmed to yammer, no ability to think on your own. You may not even be able to develop intellectually. A lifelong rote learner.
Another self-righteous, legend in their own mind, using the Bible as a source of reference which is ludicrous.

Sorry Dave,

I dismiss the obtuse posters which I find to be remarkably ignorant of modern science; allergic to truth; and addicted to dogma.

You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers, likewise you can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.

Unfortunately I find you in the debit column.

Frankly is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
CunningLinguist

Deltona, FL

#234443 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
When I eat tater tots, I like to make a 70/30 mix of ketchup/hot sauce.
Adds to the flavor.
You?
If it's hot and spicy I like it especially Jamaican jerk.

Tater tots or not for me to baked, mashed or roasted potatoes.

Confucius say...
Remember it is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize...
There is always a way to solve problems without violence.

Confucius also says..
Man that have sex on grass enjoy peace on earth

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234444 Aug 9, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Another self-righteous, legend in their own mind, using the Bible as a source of reference which is ludicrous.
Sorry Dave,
I dismiss the obtuse posters which I find to be remarkably ignorant of modern science; allergic to truth; and addicted to dogma.
You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers, likewise you can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.
Unfortunately I find you in the debit column.
Frankly is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
You are very entertaining.

Information Age, eh?

Youngblood, there is a hugish difference between "knowing" things, and "knowing of" things. You will discover that after you get out of school.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#234445 Aug 9, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's hot and spicy I like it especially Jamaican jerk.
Tater tots or not for me to baked, mashed or roasted potatoes.
Confucius say...
Remember it is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize...
There is always a way to solve problems without violence.
Confucius also says..
Man that have sex on grass enjoy peace on earth
I laid my peach on the beach, and got sand in the fuzz.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#234446 Aug 9, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible that wassssoo is only half the man mother is?
It all makes sense now.
Gay marriage and marijuana being legalized on the same day.
Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lays with another man he should stoned".
We're just interpreting it wrong!
LOLOL!

I'll be telling a few people that one.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#234447 Aug 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like North Korea has done.
Smirk.
Aha, looks like Kirschmann's back again, still giving us the benefit of its lack of knowledge.

http://www.northkoreanchristians.com/juche-id...
http://www.faithology.com/juche/overview
http://www.billionbibles.org/north-korea/juch...

Glad I could help.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#234448 Aug 9, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Capisce?
How about a married Bachelor of Arts graduate?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#234449 Aug 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha, looks like Kirschmann's back again, still giving us the benefit of its lack of knowledge.
http://www.northkoreanchristians.com/juche-id...
http://www.faithology.com/juche/overview
http://www.billionbibles.org/north-korea/juch...
Glad I could help.
Silly girl, the whole idea of atheism is there is no one higher than man. It why we call atheism a religion.

In fact, we see the fruit of man being unaccountable to a higher power at all levels of a society.

There is no greater faith than believing that is a good idea...

Smile.

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#234450 Aug 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your defense of holding down little girls and mutilating their vagina with a rusty tin can is not very compelling, Christ.
I understand you support it, but you are in a narrow majority.
More buck bullsh|t? Another insight of guesswork backed up with your personal wet dreams and your home school PhD (failed) in buck knows best?

So what you seem to be saying here is that because some groups of people who happen to be muslim and practice FGM then all Muslims are guilty of FGM, terrorism, pollution, swearing in the street, and exceeding the speed limit. So we can all assume, using your logic that all Americans are guilty of being obese and obnoxious failed bank robbers with a god problem?

Google Eritrea

Eritrea: Religious Distribution (2002) indicates that Christianity makes up 63% of the population with Islam making up 37%.

Eritrea: female genital mutilation of 35 to 39 year olds is 92.6% and of 15-19 year olds is 78.3%.

Do the maths

So by your logic all christionas are guilty of FGM

Go for it buck you use of logic defies logic.

#234451 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well, you're the same athibot that claims E=MC2 proves God can't be omnipotent, so...
Your words don't mean a fook.
And you seem to be the same godbot who lies... or do you all lie?

I have told you before that is not what I claim, I have told you before EXACTLY what I do claim and STILL YOU LIE.

Honey you have just lost any credibility your thought you had.

#234452 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You're still doing it.
E=MC2 is man's understanding and limitations. If you think God is limited to the universe He created, you're fooking crazy.
This is God described in Revelations:
"Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns."
I know you think you're on to something, but you're not.
I can see you have no grasp of science, E=MC^2 works, it is proven to work and you actually use it in several different ways to post you denial of it – so hypocritical

Do you have any evidence that god creating anything? NOPE, what you have is belief that god created the universe and you let that believe limit you education. Belief is not evidence... get over yourself.

And more lies from you because I specifically quote Revelation 19:6 (KJV) note that “K J V”– it means King James Version and is the definitive babble from which most other modern English translations are adapted. I really do not give a toss about some cloned and bastardized NIV book that somehow seems to omit everything from the original book that offends the sensibilities of a certain group of godbots.

Here is a comparison between you cut down and bastardised babble and the KJV http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/m-m.html I hope it helps you relise how limited your religious education is.

#234453 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and Jews don't practice genital mutilation.
Are you really that thick or have you have never met a circumcised jew? Half the Jewish population have had their genitals mutilated. Oh wait a moment, perhaps you think that’s OK because they are men?
As I told butt crack a couple of posts ago, I suggest you google Eritrea and do a little research

Eritrea: Religious Distribution (2002) indicates that Christianity makes up 63% of the population with Islam making up 37%.

Eritrea: female genital mutilation of 35 to 39 year olds is 92.6% and of 15-19 year olds is 78.3%.

Do the maths

FGM is a cultural and tribal act and is not bounded by religion. I really do think you have been allowing the babble to interfere with reading those ‘learning’ books.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#234454 Aug 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that thick or have you have never met a circumcised jew? Half the Jewish population have had their genitals mutilated. Oh wait a moment, perhaps you think that’s OK because they are men?
As I told butt crack a couple of posts ago, I suggest you google Eritrea and do a little research
Do the maths
FGM is a cultural and tribal act and is not bounded by religion. I really do think you have been allowing the babble to interfere with reading those ‘learning’ books.
Your source is outdated if not wrong about religious identity..

"Mackie writes that FGM is found "only in or adjacent to Islamic groups."[107] There is no mention of it in the Quran. It is praised in several hadith (sayings attributed to Muhammad) as noble but not required, along with advice that the milder forms are kinder to women.[108] Although its origins are pre-Islamic, FGM became associated with Islam because of that religion's focus on female chastity and seclusion, according to Mackie.[109] In 2006 leading Islamic scholars called for an end to the practice, and in 2007 the Al-Azhar Supreme Council of Islamic Research in Cairo ruled that it had no basis in core Islamic law or any of its partial provisions.[110]"

#234455 Aug 11, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Horus shit.
That list is false.
It is not written in Egyptian mythology that Horus was born to a virgin.
It is not written in Egyptian mythology that Horus was the "only begotten son of Osiris.".
Horus' mother was Isis, not Mari.
It is not written in Egyptian mythology that Horus was born in a cave and it is not written in the Bible that Jesus was born in a cave.
There is no Egyptian record of Horus being baptized.
Horus is not described as the "savior of humanity", his name literally means "lord of the sky".
You can find the writings of Horus in the following texts:
The Memphite Theology or Shabaqo Stone (generally dated as late as the New Kingdom, c. 1540-1070 BC)
The Mystery Play of the Succession
The Pyramid Texts (from the late Old Kingdom, c. 2575-2150 BC)
The Coffin Texts, especially Spell 148
The Great Osiris hymn in the Louvre
The Late Egyptian Contendings of Horus and Seth
The Metternich Stela and other cippus texts
The Ptolemaic Myth of Horus at Edfu
You can either do some research or stick to your atheist notion of Horus shit.
I already know which one you'll choose.
So you don’t actually know much about what happened outside you back yard do you?... Fair enough

It is not written in any mythology that jesus exited at all. In fact other than the babble there is absolutely no mention of him. Do you not allow other beliefs that same consideration as your personal belief? But of course the babble must be true because you believe the babble is true – right? Despite the FACT that there is no validatory evidence of jesus anywhere.

It is documented that "The birthday of Horus was annually celebrated, about December 25th." And "The Egyptians have consecrated up to this day the child-birth of a virgin and the nativity of her son, who is exposed in a 'crib' to the adoration of the people." – this was documented about 350 years before you god child was even a twinkle in Panteras eye... Research it.

Baptised... anointed... It is written that Horus was anointed by Anubis. It seems that the word baptised is just for the convenience of the hard of thinking.

Once again I am not bothered about your cut down, selective modern and bastardised version of the babble, some christian traditions (Greek orthodox for example) give that the “manger” was in a cave.

Horus was regarded as the conqueror of Seth and thus the saviour of humanity

Besides me not being enamoured by you cheap, modern clone of the babble I do not hold much faith in writings designed specifically to pander to delicate christian American sensibilities.

FYI, the civilisation that was ancient Egypt came before the JC character, it had been around for 3500+ years before jesus was even thought of and was more or less defunct by the time jc is claimed to have been born. When was that by the way?

#234456 Aug 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, when someone fires from a residential area at a residenrial area, it is a double war crime.
Moreover, it would be a war crime if Israel didnt defend its people from such barbarity.
Your bigorty is making you stupid.
Smile
No one fired from a UN building – Visibly designated with UN insignia and neutral under INTERNATIONAL law

Defend against innocent women and children under UN protection? Ahh, I see... I see in the distance the steaming rising from the pile of sh|te where your mind lurks.

My humanity (you call bigotry – are you really that sick minded?) has fook all to do with who pulled the trigger on children under UN protection.

P.S. your government also abhors this war crime. So you consider them to be bigoted too?

#234457 Aug 11, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your last statement sounds like you're an islamic extemist if i ever saw one!
let's make love not war, sugar buns, and may Zionists reign forever!:-)
All your statements make you sound like a lying and ignorant idiot and a chauvinistic wanker of little intelligence – may I suggest you re-read my “last statement” only this time not while you are masturbating to your god dreams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Peter Ross 64,704
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 654,456
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 39 min Steve III 509
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min Steve III 45,302
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min HipGnosis 183,222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,957
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 106,611
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web