Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234360 Aug 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Ahh a reference to genital mutilation that you consider fine for christrians and jews {SNIP}
Christians and Jews don't practice genital mutilation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234361 Aug 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
As for the jesus v horus thing, no need to take my word for it, take a look at and the study and the references at the end, you will find it is a valid comparison
http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/religion.occ...
Of course you would prefer to believe the NT because the NT is correct because you believe the NT, right?
Horus shit.

That list is false.

It is not written in Egyptian mythology that Horus was born to a virgin.

It is not written in Egyptian mythology that Horus was the "only begotten son of Osiris.".

Horus' mother was Isis, not Mari.

It is not written in Egyptian mythology that Horus was born in a cave and it is not written in the Bible that Jesus was born in a cave.

There is no Egyptian record of Horus being baptized.

Horus is not described as the "savior of humanity", his name literally means "lord of the sky".

You can find the writings of Horus in the following texts:

The Memphite Theology or Shabaqo Stone (generally dated as late as the New Kingdom, c. 1540-1070 BC)
The Mystery Play of the Succession
The Pyramid Texts (from the late Old Kingdom, c. 2575-2150 BC)
The Coffin Texts, especially Spell 148
The Great Osiris hymn in the Louvre
The Late Egyptian Contendings of Horus and Seth
The Metternich Stela and other cippus texts
The Ptolemaic Myth of Horus at Edfu

You can either do some research or stick to your atheist notion of Horus shit.

I already know which one you'll choose.
CunningLinguist

Deltona, FL

#234362 Aug 8, 2014
payday wrote:
I need to reply to cunning. This post that you just made explIning atheism is showing that you do in fact follow a belief or code made by your fellow atheist groups. You speak as a group instead of an individual. You are therefore, non-believers. Everything you described is folllwed by most whether religious or the not so religious.
At the end of the day,someone or something guides you and your beliefs. It is not that you dont believe in my God but rather what you feel is your god,whether that be you or a thing or a thought according to you at that moment.
Please consult a dictionary.

Are sports a religion?:-/
Do fans believe and have faith in their team?

Main Entry: athe·ism
Pronunciation:\ˈ& #257;-thē-ˌi -zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French athéisme, from athée atheist, from Greek atheos godless, from a-+ theos god
Date: 1546
1 archaic : ungodliness, wickedness 2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity b : the doctrine that there is no deity

There are no gods other than in your imagination.

Consult your clergy, ask this and report back to this forum the answer you received.

Ask your clergy for evidence that proves your God is the one true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Ask your clergy for evidence that proves that your holy book aka The Bible is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with their alleged Holy Book(s). Quran etc

I do thank you for sharing both your obsession and mythology with us.

A religion impaired mind is always interesting to atheists.
CunningLinguist

Deltona, FL

#234363 Aug 8, 2014
Horus and the mythology continuum by Christians

Just a few minor similarities...

A Jewish prophet by Jewish Christians in the first century CE,

As a man-god by later Christians, and

As history's second greatest prophet by Muslims.

If these points of similarity were between Horus and any other historical Jewish individual -- for example Pilate, the Procurator of Judea -- then there would be universal agreement that someone in ancient times had simply copied elements of Horus' story and falsely attributed them to Pilate.

That is, both life stories would be myths -- events that never happened but which have great spiritual significance.

But Pilate was not involved. The first century CE individual was Yeshua of Nazareth! His story is found documented in in the Christian Scriptures -- the New Testament of the Bible.

How these points of coincidence are interpreted depends upon one's view of the Bible:

If it is viewed as an inerrant book, free of error, whose authors were inspired by God, then one would suspect that a massive fraud must have taken place. The events really formed part of Jesus' life because the Bible is free of error. Somehow the events were also attributed to Horus in Egypt for many centuries before Jesus' birth through fraudulent means.

If the Bible is viewed as a historical document, like other cultures' holy books, then it is obvious that events in Jesus' life were copied from stories that had been associated with Horus for many centuries before Jesus' birth. The events are fictional. Probably none actually happened in reality.

After removing these myths from the Gospel, there would be not much left of the stories other than an an account of:

An exceptional Jewish itinerate preacher and native healer who had an uneventful birth,

Who, at the age of about 35 gathered a small group of followers and toured the Galilee,

Spread a type of reform Judaism that matched the teachings of Hillel from the first century BCE,

Was convicted of aggravated assault in the Jerusalem temple, and

Was routinely executed for treason by the occupying Roman army, along with thousands of others in the first century CE.

In short, Jesus' story would be very similar to that promoted by the Jesus Seminar today.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234364 Aug 8, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please consult a dictionary.
Are sports a religion?:-/
Do fans believe and have faith in their team?
Main Entry: athe·ism
Pronunciation:\&#712;& #257;-th&#275;-&#716;i -z&#601;m\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French athéisme, from athée atheist, from Greek atheos godless, from a-+ theos god
Date: 1546
1 archaic : ungodliness, wickedness 2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity b : the doctrine that there is no deity
There are no gods other than in your imagination.
Consult your clergy, ask this and report back to this forum the answer you received.
Ask your clergy for evidence that proves your God is the one true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Ask your clergy for evidence that proves that your holy book aka The Bible is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with their alleged Holy Book(s). Quran etc
I do thank you for sharing both your obsession and mythology with us.
A religion impaired mind is always interesting to atheists.
The "doctrine that there is no deity" is not interesting to theists.

Have a nice day.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234366 Aug 8, 2014
The Atheist Holy Trinity

"Me, Myself, and I"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234367 Aug 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
The Atheist Holy Trinity
"Me, Myself, and I"
The funny version:

"Me, Myself & Irene"
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234368 Aug 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny version:
"Me, Myself & Irene"
[laughing]

[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234369 Aug 8, 2014
What is “Grandiosity?”

Answer:

The unrealistic sense of superiority.

A sustained view of oneself as better than others.

What is Pathological Grandiosity?

Answer:

The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.

The person believes in his/her invulnerability or does not recognize his/her limitations.

The person has grandiose fantasies.

The person believes that he/she does not need other people.

The person overexamines and downgrades other people, projects, statements, or dreams in an unrealistic manner.

The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.

The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.

The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.

The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiosity

Atheism = Pathological Grandiosity

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234370 Aug 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
What is “Grandiosity?”
Answer:
The unrealistic sense of superiority.
A sustained view of oneself as better than others.
What is Pathological Grandiosity?
Answer:
The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.
The person believes in his/her invulnerability or does not recognize his/her limitations.
The person has grandiose fantasies.
The person believes that he/she does not need other people.
The person overexamines and downgrades other people, projects, statements, or dreams in an unrealistic manner.
The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.
The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.
The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.
The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiosity
Atheism = Pathological Grandiosity
"I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#234371 Aug 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite interesting that you are too deliberately ignorant to read the text and comments on that page.
Consider the words “He found one in a residential area next to a UN building”.
Not in or on the building or in the building but in a residential area next to the building. Tell me are you responsible for what your neighbours do? Neither were those CHILDREN sheltering under UN protection.
And I suggest you scroll down to the comment section.
As to the authenticity of the image shall we see if it is used as a defence when Isreal faces wer crimes charges?
Honey, when someone fires from a residential area at a residenrial area, it is a double war crime.

Moreover, it would be a war crime if Israel didnt defend its people from such barbarity.

Your bigorty is making you stupid.

Smile

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#234372 Aug 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur."
You are a modest little person, with much to be modest about.

Credit to Winston Churchill.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234373 Aug 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when have I ever claimed to want the destruction of Isreal and christianity?- never so you prove yourself a lying guess merchant, yet again and you wonder why people don’t luike you?
I don’t worship any god but your ignorance is noted, Hebrews, Christians and Muslims all worship the abrahamic god, there is no argument there only self delusion by morons like you
Get over yourself and may a syphilitic camel sh|t in your mouth you infidel
your last statement sounds like you're an islamic extemist if i ever saw one!

let's make love not war, sugar buns, and may Zionists reign forever!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234374 Aug 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and Jews don't practice genital mutilation.
well i've left many-o-women walking funny for a cpl days, but never left them with permanent damage;-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234375 Aug 8, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
You are a modest little person, with much to be modest about.
Credit to Winston Churchill.
Read my post again. Only this time, do it very carefully.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234376 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
well i've left many-o-women walking funny for a cpl days, but never left them with permanent damage;-)
You should get that couch fixed.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234377 Aug 8, 2014
To be or not to be?

A lover of one’s self?

Self admiration and highmindedness?

2 Timothy 3:2

“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers…….”

We are living in the age of Atheism.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234378 Aug 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To be or not to be?
A lover of one’s self?
“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers…….”
at least we get to knock a few of them between the eyes with truth on forums like this!;-)

better do it now why we can before they start building their concentration/extermination camps again and then we can't!
religionislies

London, UK

#234379 Aug 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To be or not to be?
A lover of one’s self?
many brain damaged creationists have tried to sell their god before they have proven it.

And they are all fools because there's no such thing as god. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.
religionislies

London, UK

#234380 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
at least we get to knock a few of them between the eyes with truth on forums like this!;-)
better do it now why we can before they start building their concentration/extermination camps again and then we can't!
Religious liars are weak and have no evidence of the god their cults sent them here to lie about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min URineIdiot 703,847
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Quivering Lip Lib... 88,561
mgtow 1 hr GotIt 15
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr ChromiuMan 6,924
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr BongoKrap 996,564
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 2 hr Choicerocks 8
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 3 hr Choicerocks 4