Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247224 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Dickinson, TX

#233862 Jul 29, 2014
To: Catcher1

You’ve been a big fan of Europe and your Europe has shot down a civilian airliner. Ukraine is in Europe, right?

The godless Europeans seam to be unconcerned because they get a huge amount of oil & gas from Russia. As we say in Texas,“Russia has Europe by the short hairs.”

The Europeans are just going to let the Russians run amuck because they don’t have the fortitude to make a stand for another European country. Ukraine shall fall as did the civilian aircraft. Russia will become even stronger with its latest annexation. This equates to a stronger Ruble.

What European country will be next on the list? I do not care. Let Russia gobble up all it wants. Taking one country after another. Americans have given our blood and buried our dead in Europe in two world wars. What do we get for our efforts?

Godless Europeans disrespecting our sacrifices by making the claim there’s no god even though thousands of crosses of our dead remain in their country. Let the godless atheist defend Europe or let Russia have it all. Like a house of cards let Europe fall.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#233863 Jul 29, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A figure 8 situated on its side.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_symbol
The Lemniscate is a figure of infinity, much like infinity itself.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#233864 Jul 29, 2014
froggy wrote:
Support those who seek "truth" ---- doubt those who claim to have found it.
..good point ..As , these Atheist ...have told us time and time again ..We are brain dead ..

because , we will not subscribe to their "natural selection " ..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#233865 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

Then by all means, show us an observed black hole.
Any time.
<quoted text>
http://io9.com/the-video-that-revealed-the-bl...
"Only the mass would really reveal whether it was a black hole or not. Luckily, there is a way to discover mass using Kepler's 3 laws of planetary motion. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler 's_laws_of_planetary_motion
...and just in case you still have a problem with this information:

Here's the equation: Mp^2 = a^3

Translation: mass times period squared equals distance cubed (actually orbital axis cubed, which is where the "a" comes from).

The upshot: If you want to know how massive the object is at the center of our galaxy, all you need to know are the orbital period of a star revolving around it, as well as the star's distance from the object. Then you can solve for the mass.

Luckily, our infrared telescopes allowed astronomers to observe the orbits of those stars around the mystery object over a long period of time, which is what you see in both those videos. So we were able to figure out A) the stars' orbital periods and B) how far away from the object their orbits are. Which is how we discovered that the object is likely 4.1 million solar masses, and 6.2 light hours in diameter (roughly Uranus' orbit around the Sun). That means this object has crammed the masses of 4.1 million Suns into a space that's as small as Uranus' orbit. Holy freakin' moly. <<<<Only a black hole is capable of doing that.>>>>

http://io9.com/the-video-that-revealed-the-bl...

Las Vegas, NV

#233866 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by all means, demonstrate something infinite.
Any time.
..it's mathematical ..Pi ..3.14...

and , "Buck Crist" ..never , answered my post ( how 'bout you ).." .Is God's love unconditional " ..ie..infinite ..?

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#233867 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Cantor's philosophy - the unending list of countable natural numbers. He disagreed with you, called it "countable infinity". It's hogwash. Every number that's naturally countable is finite. There's no way that numbers can count 1,2,3,4,5,6......infinity. No way.
The only thing that's actual about infinity is the concept of it. Outside the concept, infinity doesn't exist.
This is where you fail entirely in human logic, and there is no recourse.

We can only conceptualize the finite by logic, and infinity cannot exist and....
Can never be counted by logical reasoning.
The saddest part of thus realization, is that you want the infinity to explain your creator, but deny it's possibility. While I deny creationist gobbledygook explaining how such infinity can exist.. If I were successful in demonstration , of your false belief.
You will simply cease to exist.

In this way I instill infinite fear on you, and you will never escape me. For I am the reality.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233868 Jul 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If the universe is infinite, it counted to infinity. In a finite amount of time.
It expanded like this: 1,2,3,....infinity.
Why would you say you can't count to infinity but the universe can expand to infinity?
It's the same thing.
Nothing can count that high, but it doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233869 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe global warming er, um, climate change affects black holes.
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/20...
Are you saying Jesus has no control over such a thing>?

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233870 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by all means, show us an observed black hole.
Any time.
http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/20...

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233871 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by all means, demonstrate something infinite.
Any time.
http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/20...

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233872 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Nervous, are you?
Posting the fact that a black hole has never been observed is not "attacking science".
Posting the fact that infinity is only a concept is not "attacking science".
Now you can get back to attacking religion, whenever you're ready.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#233873 Jul 29, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To: Catcher1
You’ve been a big fan of Europe and your Europe has shot down a civilian airliner. Ukraine is in Europe, right?
The godless Europeans seam to be unconcerned because they get a huge amount of oil & gas from Russia. As we say in Texas,“Russia has Europe by the short hairs.”
The Europeans are just going to let the Russians run amuck because they don’t have the fortitude to make a stand for another European country. Ukraine shall fall as did the civilian aircraft. Russia will become even stronger with its latest annexation. This equates to a stronger Ruble.
What European country will be next on the list? I do not care. Let Russia gobble up all it wants. Taking one country after another. Americans have given our blood and buried our dead in Europe in two world wars. What do we get for our efforts?
Godless Europeans disrespecting our sacrifices by making the claim there’s no god even though thousands of crosses of our dead remain in their country. Let the godless atheist defend Europe or let Russia have it all. Like a house of cards let Europe fall.
I'm sorry, dude.

I white-sheeted you some time ago, so you no longer exist.

My jocular reply to you earlier was clerical error.

Vive La France!! Viva España!!

Las Vegas, NV

#233874 Jul 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL It sure looked like slaughter at the petting zoo, sorta though.
Where he was and how he evaded capture shows we have really no friends in the Mid East or any Islamic countries. But I like that "The Turbanators" hahahah!
Now , I see why "Buck Crick" ..always calls you and idiot ... you are ..

Name , Middle East or Islamic countries ,...and which one are we not allies with ...??

Good Sir , you need to think before you push that ' reply ' button ..

Every Islamic nation on Earth is our ally save 2 ..

Las Vegas, NV

#233875 Jul 29, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "space" outside the universe. That is why light cannot propagate beyond the limits of the universe. To speak of the "radius" of the "space" beyond the universe makes absolutely no sense because such "space" does not exist. And, by the way, the observable universe is FINITE!
..the ' observable universe ' is finite ...okay... What , of the unobservable universe ....also ..finite ..?

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233876 Jul 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
This image...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
...is evidence of a wake.
What caused the wake and what it looks like can only be speculated.
Much like supposed black holes.
God famine you are stupid!

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233877 Jul 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Now , I see why "Buck Crick" ..always calls you and idiot ... you are ..
Name , Middle East or Islamic countries ,...and which one are we not allies with ...??
Good Sir , you need to think before you push that ' reply ' button ..
Every Islamic nation on Earth is our ally save 2 ..
Yo even Buck...isn't that stupid.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233878 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
A figure 8 situated on its side.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_symbol
It is a closed course of finite length.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233879 Jul 29, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a closed course of finite length.

What your head?

The Answer
This is indeed difficult to grasp. Actually at the center of a black hole spacetime has infinite curvature and matter is crushed to infinite density under the pull of infinite gravity. At a singularity, space and time cease to exist as we know them. The laws of physics as we know them break down at a singularity, so it's not really possible to envision something with infinite density and zero volume

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/a...

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233880 Jul 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What your head?
The Answer
This is indeed difficult to grasp. Actually at the center of a black hole spacetime has infinite curvature and matter is crushed to infinite density under the pull of infinite gravity. At a singularity, space and time cease to exist as we know them. The laws of physics as we know them break down at a singularity, so it's not really possible to envision something with infinite density and zero volume
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/a...
http://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_fiel...

Tie that and a few dozen other things to your infinite density and gravity in a zero volume, especially considering there was a pre-existing volume filled with that superdense particle.

Go.
Eagle 12

Dickinson, TX

#233881 Jul 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, dude.
I white-sheeted you some time ago, so you no longer exist.
My jocular reply to you earlier was clerical error.
Vive La France!! Viva España!!
White sheet?

Like surrender?

Your surrender is accepted my Dear Comanchero as was Santa Anna’s at San Jancinto, April 21, 1836.

Viva TEXAS!

[tipping cowboy hat]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tide with Beach 877,513
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min confrinting with ... 603,106
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 11 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 992
bj needed 26 min tonymontana1000 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min confrinting with ... 7,897
Treat sleep disorder once distinctive the impor... 39 min Raylin Sutter 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 41,126
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,611
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ffj 3,776
More from around the web