Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233479 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The volume of the universe began, as you admit, at a few millimeters.
With expansion, addition of volume occurred per each second of expansion.
To add an infinite volume, you would need infinite seconds, or infinite time.
You are arguing, though you don't know it, that infinite time has elaspsed since the Big Bang.
Alternatively, you have to argue that time since the Big Bang is finite, but more than a finite volume was added each second.
Neither is a part of any cosmological theory.
Just another way of proving your assertion is impossible.
The boy is in need of intervention.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233480 Jul 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The boy is in need of intervention.
Yes.

Even more disturbing is he is in line with the actual state of affairs of cosmological physics, at least the current academic types.

If you have never seen the popular theoretical physicist, Lawrence Krauss, explain how the universe "came from nothing", it's worth a look.

Crackpots like Krauss are lauded with publicity. He is regularly on that TV show about the Universe, forgot the name.

It is, as you mentioned, a religious cult.

The creed - "Material is all there is, and all we are. Amen." They will adopt any mythology that supports it.

Incidentally, there is a 90 minute debate in which William Lane Craig, a christian philosopher, reduced Lawrence Krauss to a mumbling pile of crap.

Patrick

United States

#233481 Jul 25, 2014
Science is silent on atheism?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233482 Jul 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sport, you are playing in la la land physics. You are spellbound by the high sounding words and phrases.
Buck or I are not there to do it, so you need to slap yourself awake and go back and read the curious mix of real physics and fantasy you wrote there.

You go back to reading your bible, as you are spellbound by your intelligent designer.

Location hidden

#233483 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Even more disturbing is he is in line with the actual state of affairs of cosmological physics, at least the current academic types.
If you have never seen the popular theoretical physicist, Lawrence Krauss, explain how the universe "came from nothing", it's worth a look.
Crackpots like Krauss are lauded with publicity. He is regularly on that TV show about the Universe, forgot the name.
It is, as you mentioned, a religious cult.
The creed - "Material is all there is, and all we are. Amen." They will adopt any mythology that supports it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EjaGktVQdNgXX
Incidentally, there is a 90 minute debate in which William Lane Craig, a christian philosopher, reduced Lawrence Krauss to a mumbling pile of crap.
Tell us about Behe and Meyer prove Irreducible bullshittery is proving science wrong bucktooth. Maybe they can explain the big bang for you.

Location hidden

#233484 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You go back to reading your bible, as you are spellbound by your intelligent designer.
Boy, I have been tracing this schematic of the distribution of force for over 30 years, and have learned to look up on occasion to stay focused on it. It can get easy getting lost in one of the parallel circuits, including the one you create yourself. I understand your quantum mechanics.

I use the term EM purely for convention, the same force distribution is patterned and reflected in the movement of mass. There is a packetizing of that force. Your limitations in understandiing what I have been posting on here for over 3 years have caused you to see only refrigerator magnets and Bible reading. That is because you are in a rabbit hole.

You have undoubtedy read more of the Bible than I have. I have browsed it, but have not "studied" it. The same goes for other religious works, modern scientific stuff, and a wide variety of other aspects of the living experience. I pick out patterns and processes. I have also functioned for a while as a very conscious, albeit highly modified, consciousness totally disconnected from mass and energy as you know it. I can give you a description of how it is when that Higg's boson is switched off. I can give you a description of some of what you have been posting re infinity, transversing time and space and related items from first hand experience. And I still don't have the ultimate answer, and never will in this manifestation. But you should notice from what I post I have a certain transcendance of this manifested existence. And I certainly don't propose a skydaddy as you understand one to be, and thus react to. That is an issue you have to resolve within yourself. But I certainly know there are higher forces and intelligences behind this movie we are in.

You are focused straight ahead as a material creature. It goes with the territory of the local physics. A car with headlights in total darkness. You can't see the road you are traveling or the landscape out of the beams. When those beams go out you will see things differently.

Your Superforce has some merit, but it is a goddidit. Figure how you got that granularity for that expansion and condensation and formation of forces, how you can have that high heat without a force being applied to it, and a few other aspects of it. Right now you are preaching magic.

Location hidden

#233485 Jul 25, 2014
"But I certainly know there are higher forces and intelligences behind this movie we are in."

As individual players.

Location hidden

#233486 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us about Behe and Meyer prove Irreducible bullshittery is proving science wrong bucktooth. Maybe they can explain the big bang for you.
Behe and Meyer have never attempted to prove science wrong.

They have questioned some propositions scientists have made, and attempted to improve them.

That's supposed to be an important aspect of doing science. You expose here your disdain for science, while claiming to support it. Your disdain is based on belief. You are a religious fanatic.

Furthermore, a stupid fuck like you, who does not even understand what you say, should exhibit a bit more humility in addressing people like Meyer and Behe who actually contribute to knowledge.

You can't carry their shorts, and your critique of them deserves mocking.

I volunteer.

Location hidden

#233487 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Behe and Meyer have never attempted to prove science wrong.
They have questioned some propositions scientists have made, and attempted to improve them.
That's supposed to be an important aspect of doing science. You expose here your disdain for science, while claiming to support it. Your disdain is based on belief. You are a religious fanatic.
Furthermore, a stupid fuck like you, who does not even understand what you say, should exhibit a bit more humility in addressing people like Meyer and Behe who actually contribute to knowledge.
You can't carry their shorts, and your critique of them deserves mocking.
I volunteer.
As usual, you are 2 f&^king funny.
Patrick

United States

#233488 Jul 25, 2014
Eight state constitutions include restrictions on people who donít believe in a supreme being. In Arkansas, denying the existence of God means you canít hold civil office or testify in court, while in Tennessee there are also guidelines about belief in the hereafter.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/w...

Location hidden

#233489 Jul 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, I have been tracing this schematic of the distribution of force for over 30 years, and have learned to look up on occasion to stay focused on it. It can get easy getting lost in one of the parallel circuits, including the one you create yourself. I understand your quantum mechanics.
I use the term EM purely for convention, the same force distribution is patterned and reflected in the movement of mass. There is a packetizing of that force. Your limitations in understandiing what I have been posting on here for over 3 years have caused you to see only refrigerator magnets and Bible reading. That is because you are in a rabbit hole.
You have undoubtedy read more of the Bible than I have. I have browsed it, but have not "studied" it. The same goes for other religious works, modern scientific stuff, and a wide variety of other aspects of the living experience. I pick out patterns and processes. I have also functioned for a while as a very conscious, albeit highly modified, consciousness totally disconnected from mass and energy as you know it. I can give you a description of how it is when that Higg's boson is switched off. I can give you a description of some of what you have been posting re infinity, transversing time and space and related items from first hand experience. And I still don't have the ultimate answer, and never will in this manifestation. But you should notice from what I post I have a certain transcendance of this manifested existence. And I certainly don't propose a skydaddy as you understand one to be, and thus react to. That is an issue you have to resolve within yourself. But I certainly know there are higher forces and intelligences behind this movie we are in.
You are focused straight ahead as a material creature. It goes with the territory of the local physics. A car with headlights in total darkness. You can't see the road you are traveling or the landscape out of the beams. When those beams go out you will see things differently.
Your Superforce has some merit, but it is a goddidit. Figure how you got that granularity for that expansion and condensation and formation of forces, how you can have that high heat without a force being applied to it, and a few other aspects of it. Right now you are preaching magic.
Poly showed you to a be a dunce, especially when we talk QM.
The cosmological event horizon operating within general relativity, shows space to be infinite. It doesn't matter how much you protest it.
The only way the universe would ever become finite , is if it were to stop expanding faster than light. But instead of slowing down, it is speeding up over time and over distance.
It's expansion is exponential and is absolutely making the universe infinite.

Location hidden

#233490 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The cosmological event horizon operating within general relativity, shows space to be infinite. It doesn't matter how much you protest it.
The only way the universe would ever become finite , is if it were to stop expanding faster than light. But instead of slowing down, it is speeding up over time and over distance.
This is great work.

Now, not only do you claim the finite becomes infinite, you are saying the infinite can become finite again.

An infinite distance (expansion) can become a finite distance.

An ifinite quantity, divided by any number you choose, will still be infinite.

You are offering the absurd notion that traversing an infinite distance depends on speeding up or slowing down.

Both speeds are finite. The elapsed time is finite.(13.8 billion years)

How you multiply two finites and get infinity is a mystery.

I won't ask you to explain it again, as it is obvious you don't have the slightest understanding of what you are saying, not even the understanding of an infant.

You are a religious nut. A fruitcake of theology. You were kidnapped by a cult and brainwashed.

You now stumble around on Topix with a glazed stare, a robe, and bones through your nose.

Location hidden

#233491 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Poly said the number of bacteria on earth is infinite.

Poly said you can divide a 10' stick into infinite segments of positive length.(that would fill the entire solar system with wood)

Poly said the only test for death is rotting of the corpse.

Poly is an idiot. So are you.

Location hidden

#233492 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is great work.
Now, not only do you claim the finite becomes infinite, you are saying the infinite can become finite again.
You are offering the absurd notion that traversing an infinite distance depends on speeding up or slowing down.
I won't ask you to explain it again, as it is obvious you don't have the slightest understanding of what you are saying, not even the understanding of an infant.
You are a religious nut. A fruitcake of theology. You were kidnapped by a cult and brainwashed.
You now stumble around on Topix with a glazed stare, a robe, and bones through your nose.
You are sharp as a nerf sword and as brilliant as a donut.

Location hidden

#233493 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is great work.
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/infpoint.ht...

Location hidden

#233494 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sharp as a nerf sword and as brilliant as a donut.
Did you forget a donut is infinite in length?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#233495 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was motivated by atheism. The historical record is clear. He sought a god-free Russia. He put cabinet agencies in place for the advancement of atheism, and presided over cleansing of religion.
Hitler was motivated by Darwinism. He regarded Jews as propagators of inferior genes and endeavored to give natural selection a turbo-boost. He was also motivated by a hatred of Judaism and Christianity. Whether he believed in some type of god, or was atheist, is debatable.
Wrong.

Wrong.

There's no point in belaboring what has already been discussed at length. You are too suborn to listen anyway.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#233496 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What was his hate for Christians based on?
Fashion taste?
Great rebuttal.

Location hidden

#233497 Jul 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Wrong.
There's no point in belaboring what has already been discussed at length. You are too suborn to listen anyway.

Not so. I have listened to all the arguments.

My argument is in agreement with known facts.

The arguments you refer to are in contradiction with facts.

Stalin's genocide was motivated by atheism.

Hitler's genocide was motivated by Darwinism.

It's settled history.

Location hidden

#233498 Jul 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great rebuttal.
It wasn't presented as a rebuttal.

It was a question.

The punctuation should have been a giveaway.(?)

Have you ever looked at a trial transcript?

(that was also a question)(?)

As an attorney you have to be alert to clues like question marks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 762,096
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 554,182
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min PatriotsQuestion9... 263,113
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min RFD 4,102
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min WildWeirdWillie 174,862
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 23 min scirocco 37,567
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 30 min shytown 120
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Hotbuddy 1,169
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr jeremin 175

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE