Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#233320 Jul 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
JERUSALEM: A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed near Israel's main airport on Tuesday, wounding one Israeli and prompting at least two American airlines to cancel flights to Israel in a reflection of high anxiety over air travel after last week's attack on a Malaysian jet over Ukraine.
It was the latest blow to Israel on a day when it announced that an Israeli soldier went missing following a deadly battle in the Palestinian territory, where the Israelis are fighting Hamas militants in the third conflict in just over five years.
Palestinian militants have fired more than 2,000 rockets toward Israel, and several heading toward the area of Ben-Gurion Airport have been intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome defense system, but police spokeswoman Luba Samri said Tuesday's landing was the closet to the airport since fighting began on July 8.
The rocket damaged a house and lightly injured one Israeli in Yehud, a Tel Aviv suburb near the airport, Samri said. As a result, Delta Air Lines and US Airlines decided to cancel their scheduled flights to Israel.
Israel's transportation ministry called on the companies to reverse their decision and said it was trying to explain that the airport was "safe for landings and departures."
What the fcuk this has to do with, "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" I have no idea!

Spam anyone?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233321 Jul 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's even better!!!!
The universe began infinitely small, and became infinitely large!!!
After you claimed it started infinite in extent. But now it's extremely small - "infintesimal", in extent.
Here's a flash for you.
Infinitely small cannot be infinitely large.
Pick one.
You have to pick the small version, because that's what your physics says.
And now you are back to your next impossible problem - explaining how something expands from very small to infinite.
You can do this by solving A x B = Infinity, where "A" is the average rate of expansion, and "B" is elapsed time.
The world is waiting.
You maybe the stupidest person I ever even heard of.

Location hidden

#233322 Jul 22, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"immeasurably small" means near zero.
"Infinitely small" is an absurdity. Chop it in half, what is it then?
Half as large, but the same size.
Don't try to bull shit me.
We can only measure in small to the Planck , but it was smaller than this. We in this reality, cannot measure smaller than this, but it doesn't mean there wasn't a period before measurable. We just can't measure it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_epoch

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#233323 Jul 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You maybe the stupidest person I ever even heard of.
But he is a pretty good fisherman! He's had you on the hook for a long time!

Location hidden

#233324 Jul 22, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
But he is a pretty good fisherman! He's had you on the hook for a long time!

You are mistaken , there is a less filling but never ending joy to the infinity argument.
After all , it's only been going since we were cavemen. Not much has changed since then, except the sophistry of the power of argue. But I still rudely ride in the iron chariot, while they are forced to admit that they cannot defeat me.:)
Richardfs

Ryde, Australia

#233325 Jul 22, 2014
Let us recount the bidding.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing how that heat thing is so ignored and used just for math calculations. And incorrectly at that.
Heat is derived from resistance to motion. It can only be transferred via packets of matter. Via conduction or as bullets of energy called light.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
How do you explain:-
e=mc^2
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try coming up with a more coherent question.
Better yet, try explaining to us just what that formula describes. Not a cut and paste, but your own words and description. I know you can't do it.
You see I have nothing to explain. You have already been told what:-
e=mc^2
means.

You made the statement:-
"Heat is derived from resistance to motion."
which does not explain:-
1. e=mc^2
2. PV=NRT
3. Nor any exothermic reaction.

We all know you can't because your lack of knowledge and unwillingness to learn any science whatsoever has been demonstrated repeatedly by your own posts.

Your basic problem is that you believe totally in the bibull hence anything that contradicts it is wrong.

What you may or may not believe is entirely your concern.

However if you wish the post your BS here then don't be surprised when those of us with considerably more education and understanding of the sciences, laugh at you and hammer you into the deck like a tent peg.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#233326 Jul 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken , there is a less filling but never ending joy to the infinity argument.
After all , it's only been going since we were cavemen. Not much has changed since then, except the sophistry of the power of argue. But I still rudely ride in the iron chariot, while they are forced to admit that they cannot defeat me.:)
My point is that you are not discussing a subject with someone who cares about the subject. He only cares to keep you on the hook. It seems to me that it would be a whole lot funner to argue with someone that really cared able the subject.

But if you are having fun; don't let me be a wet blanket.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#233327 Jul 22, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
More form brilliant ken ham
Creationist Ken Ham, who recently debated Bill Nye the Science Guy over the origins of the universe, is calling for an end to the search for extraterrestrial life because aliens probably don't exist -- and if they do, they're going to Hell anyway.
"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adamís sin affected the whole universe," Ham wrote on his blog on Sunday. "This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adamís sin, but because they are not Adamís descendants, they canít have salvation."
If there are aliens they wont ever bother visiting earth until people like these religitards evolve enough to be worth talking to,,or die off
Richardfs

Ryde, Australia

#233328 Jul 22, 2014
By seeing the judgecons I see the godbots are reading the posts and have neither the guts nor the brains to respond.
Richardfs

Ryde, Australia

#233329 Jul 22, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that you are not discussing a subject with someone who cares about the subject. He only cares to keep you on the hook. It seems to me that it would be a whole lot funner to argue with someone that really cared able the subject.
I am fairly certain that Dave and Butt Head have an ipod with the words 'breath in breath out' on a continuous loop.
Patrick

United States

#233330 Jul 22, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What the fcuk this has to do with, "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" I have no idea!
Spam anyone?
"A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed near Israel's main airport on Tuesday, wounding one Israeli ..."

Life and death is a major issue in theology!

Plus you have been arguing regarding the existence of God without a conclusion on which the group can agree?
Word

Location hidden

#233331 Jul 22, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
it doesn't matter, I could argue with Buck about how fast he will fall , when he faces me. It's the perpetual check he gets and in the end. It's checkmate, he loses every time.He thinks himself the rational theist , so either he lies to himself, or he expects us to believe his lies. But the news of the day is...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#233332 Jul 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>He thinks himself the rational theist , so either he lies to himself, or he expects us to believe his lies.
That's where you lose me. He and his puppet friends don't think they are anything. They know that when you say the sky is blue, they will say that it is green. They know it is blue, but they get a trill out of getting you to argue with them.

For me, there just is no fun in having a discussion with someone like that. You cannot prove them wrong because they know they are.

Enjoy!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#233333 Jul 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You maybe the stupidest person I ever even heard of.
Buck is far from stupid, but he is extremely stubborn and inflexible. This combined with an ego that prevents him from seriously considering the possibility that others have anything to teach him both limits and masks his intelligence.

Location hidden

#233334 Jul 22, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Buck is far from stupid, but he is extremely stubborn and inflexible. This combined with an ego that prevents him from seriously considering the possibility that others have anything to teach him both limits and masks his intelligence.
Agreed, but don't spread it around to much..lol

Location hidden

#233335 Jul 22, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you lose me. He and his puppet friends don't think they are anything. They know that when you say the sky is blue, they will say that it is green. They know it is blue, but they get a trill out of getting you to argue with them.
For me, there just is no fun in having a discussion with someone like that. You cannot prove them wrong because they know they are.
Enjoy!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233336 Jul 22, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
Let us recount the bidding.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You see I have nothing to explain. You have already been told what:-
e=mc^2
means.
"Heat is derived from resistance to motion."
which does not explain:-
1. e=mc^2
2. PV=NRT
3. Nor any exothermic reaction.
We all know you can't because your lack of knowledge and unwillingness to learn any science whatsoever has been demonstrated repeatedly by your own posts.
Your basic problem is that you believe totally in the bibull hence anything that contradicts it is wrong.
What you may or may not believe is entirely your concern.
However if you wish the post your BS here then don't be surprised when those of us with considerably more education and understanding of the sciences, laugh at you and hammer you into the deck like a tent peg.
Amusing.

Make an attempt to explain it, even if you you are afraid to try. Give us something to calibrate you by. So far you haven't risen above the BS level.
Richardfs

Ryde, Australia

#233337 Jul 22, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
Make an attempt to explain it, even if you you are afraid to try. Give us something to calibrate you by. So far you haven't risen above the BS level.
Why? You are the one who comes here and makes statements which are totally ridiculous and when challenged expect us to educate you. When people do try you just ignore the information and carry on in the same old ignorance.

You have repeatedly demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of even the simplest high school science.

But we don't expect anything more from you. You are a godbot and as such have the standard godbot mentality. That is to say you make some outlandish statement about science or the bibull and expect us to prove you wrong.

In reality the person who makes the claim has to demonstrate evidence of their claim.

For example:-
If I were to say the Sun moves around the Earth then it is up to me to supply the data to back up my statement.

"Heat is derived from resistance to motion. It can only be transferred via packets of matter."

So I asked:-
"How do you explain:-
e=mc^2 "

Now having found yourself back into a corner you expect me to give you a free lesson in simple Physics.

However I know full well that if I do you will only ignore my post and then carry on with the same old drivel.

It is not for me to educate you only you can that, but from your past performance on this thread I would suggest you are incapable of learning.
Richardfs

Ryde, Australia

#233338 Jul 22, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
BTW It is pretty obvious you are the one using the judgecons and giving yourself a pat on the back.

Have you got any idea how pathetic it makes you look.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233339 Jul 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We can only measure in small to the Planck , but it was smaller than this. We in this reality, cannot measure smaller than this, but it doesn't mean there wasn't a period before measurable. We just can't measure it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_epoch
Immeasurable does not mean infinite.

You are taking one qualtiy of "infinite" and making that the entire concept.

Your entire understanding of the concept is wrong.

I have proven this multiple times.

Your errors of logic are even worse. You claim "infinite distance" for the expansion of the universe. Then when shown how reaching infinity by addition is impossible, you resort to "infinite from the beginning". But your "infinite" in this case is "infinitely small", which does not help your dilemma of the impossible "infinitely large". It compounds the contradiction.

You plod along stupidly and assert it as intellectual superiority.

I can't help you. But I'm happy to ridicule you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min KiMare 96,844
Homosexuality is a gift from God 2 min southern alien 53
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Al Garcia 777,631
Moses never existed 8 min KiMare 799
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Oxbow 560,295
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Remnant of 144000 39,367
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 44 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 33,169
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 605,297
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 265,395
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web