Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256546 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233670 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the purpose of a nation having borders is?
What kind of sentence is THAT?

I think River has it right--you're high as a kite.

By the way, the purpose of a nation having borders is bananas.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233671 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like borders, Buck.
Are you even allowed to vote?
Where's Catcher? We need a lawyer here.
You've been in prison for 50-60 percent of my life. I'm not sure of the exact percentage because I'm on Buck math.
It's hopeless, River.

Buck doesn't respond to logic.

And he makes up his own laws, and has a personal interpretation of the Constitution.

You're doing just fine with him.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233672 Jul 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about me, can I bleeding heart you, Dave?
I have lots of stories.
No.

So do I.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233673 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
So do I.
Come on, don't be a party pooper.

Let's have a story contest, Dave.

The loser gets humanely waterboarded by Buck.

Deal?

United States

#233674 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You could never fit the universe in a box of any size either, because it's infinite.
Even an infinite box? Or a future infinite box? Or an infinite number of infinite boxes if you could divide infinities into infintely small infinities?

Thete has to be an infinite variety of infinities, and boxes to fit them in. You can grow your infinity from a singularity to fill the box.

We know it has to be possible because you told us so, what with the infinite possibilities of anything floating around in the infiniteness of time and space.

United States

#233675 Jul 27, 2014
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/07/26...

Interesting, but I posted that for the quote in it.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts"

Richard Feynman

He knew lots of scientists.

United States

#233676 Jul 27, 2014
Heh heh.

Bunch of stuff bouncing around in the mind and then a shower. Things come together.

Look at a drop of water acting as a lens. Put yourself in the middle looking outward. Might see a red shift in the distance. You will see a background haze of sorts.

Or something like that. Gets complicated.
Patrick

United States

#233677 Jul 27, 2014
Britain’s Prince George, who is celebrating his first birthday this week, is facing a rising chorus of criticism within the United Kingdom, with many calling the first year of his reign a major disappointment.

Alistair Strott, a journalist and one of George’s most outspoken critics, calls the Prince’s first year “long on hype and short on solid achievement.”

“Like a lot of us, I followed the royal birth last year with a great deal of excitement and anticipation,” says Strott.“But one year in, we all have to look at each other and say,‘That’s it?’”

While defenders of Prince George cite a packed schedule of events during his first year, Strott is unimpressed.“Yes, he’s been on TV and magazine covers,” he says.“So have the Kardashians.”

The journalist is not alone in criticizing Prince George, as a recent U.K. poll called his inaugural year the worst first year for a royal baby since the Second World War.

Strott acknowledged that George had spent much of his first year in office learning to walk, but added,“If he’s learned to talk, he certainly hasn’t said anything memorable.”

On most of the major issues facing Britain today, from unemployment to its relationship with the European Union,“George has been missing in action,” Strott says.

Buckingham Palace has already started the drumbeat of publicity for Prince George’s second year, but Strott remains skeptical.“People can call this child ‘royal’ if they like, but the word I’d choose is ‘overrated,’” he says.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#233678 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Heh heh.
Bunch of stuff bouncing around in the mind and then a shower. Things come together.
Look at a drop of water acting as a lens. Put yourself in the middle looking outward. Might see a red shift in the distance. You will see a background haze of sorts.
Or something like that. Gets complicated.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#233679 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://stevengoddard.wordpress .com/2014/07/26/coolest-summer -on-record-in-the-us/
Interesting, but I posted that for the quote in it.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts"
Richard Feynman
He knew lots of scientists.
Creationism is a mental illness that requires the denial of science and evidence.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#233680 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Even an infinite box? Or a future infinite box? Or an infinite number of infinite boxes if you could divide infinities into infintely small infinities?
Thete has to be an infinite variety of infinities, and boxes to fit them in. You can grow your infinity from a singularity to fill the box.
We know it has to be possible because you told us so, what with the infinite possibilities of anything floating around in the infiniteness of time and space.
You cant subtract an infinite amount from a infinity, you can only subtract a finite amount.
To subtract infinity from infinity takes a infinite amount of time, so you would be talking about the same infinity.....Infinite box's within an infinity is the same infinity filled with box's..
It's possible an infinite box could have a a infinite box inside it, as long as they are not casually connected, but if you went inside the second box , you could never escape it., After all that us exactly what black holes are.,

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233681 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You could never fit the universe in a box of any size either, because it's infinite.
So the universe has no physical dimension?

I see. Thanks, man.

But wait. You argue that it does have a physical dimension - distance.

But the physical dimension of its distance has no physical dimension.

I see. Thanks again, man.

So a box the size of the universe at this instant would not be able to contain the universe at this instant.

I see. Thanks, man.

And the physical extent of the universe at the next instant could not contain the physical extent of the universe at this instant, or a previous instant.

I see. Those are some weird physical dimensions you have there.

Thanks, man.

Location hidden

#233682 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
The physical extent of the universe could not contain the physical extent of the universe.

Because it's infinite.

But if it's physically infinite, then a physical infinite could contain it.

No? Oh,... I see. Because there can be no physical infinite.

So the physical infinite of the universe cannot be contained by a physical infinite because there can be no physical infinite.

Thanks, man.

Location hidden

#233683 Jul 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of sentence is THAT?
I think River has it right--you're high as a kite.
By the way, the purpose of a nation having borders is bananas.
Wrong. There is a purpose for having borders.

Put another way, borders have a purpose.

With your state, the purpose of the border is to let businesses know when they have moved far enough eastward.

United States

#233684 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant subtract an infinite amount from a infinity, you can only subtract a finite amount.
To subtract infinity from infinity takes a infinite amount of time, so you would be talking about the same infinity.....Infinite box's within an infinity is the same infinity filled with box's..
It's possible an infinite box could have a a infinite box inside it, as long as they are not casually connected, but if you went inside the second box , you could never escape it., After all that us exactly what black holes are.,
Keep talking, Aura. Those men in white are ice cream guys coming to give you some. Put your hands out.

Black holes have been observed emitting jets at right angles. That is a kind of normal physical phenomenon in the transfer of energy.

Location hidden

#233685 Jul 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hopeless, River.
Buck doesn't respond to logic.
And he makes up his own laws, and has a personal interpretation of the Constitution.
You're doing just fine with him.
Yeah, sure Counselor.

Did you see how cleverly I "made up" that law defining refugees, and pretended it was copied from section 101(a)(42) of the Immigration and Nationality Act?

Devious, huh?

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233686 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
So the universe has no physical dimension?
I see. Thanks, man.
But wait. You argue that it does have a physical dimension - distance.
But the physical dimension of its distance has no physical dimension.
I see. Thanks again, man.
So a box the size of the universe at this instant would not be able to contain the universe at this instant.
I see. Thanks, man.
And the physical extent of the universe at the next instant could not contain the physical extent of the universe at this instant, or a previous instant.
I see. Those are some weird physical dimensions you have there.
Thanks, man.
Quit acting stupid, oh it isn't an act?

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233687 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical extent of the universe could not contain the physical extent of the universe.
Because it's infinite.
But if it's physically infinite, then a physical infinite could contain it.
No? Oh,... I see. Because there can be no physical infinite.
So the physical infinite of the universe cannot be contained by a physical infinite because there can be no physical infinite.
Thanks, man.
You want what? to put a infinite condom, on a infinite dick? It will take infinite time to do it.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233688 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep talking, Aura. Those men in white are ice cream guys coming to give you some. Put your hands out.
Black holes have been observed emitting jets at right angles. That is a kind of normal physical phenomenon in the transfer of energy.
Gamma ray bursts aren't coming from inside the black hole, they come from plasma surrounding the event horizon, that is accelerated to near the speed of light . If the black hole is unable to digest this material, it's space/time frame snaps back in a temporal explosion.
'Like a turbine backfire caused by a temporal hiccup.

United States

#233689 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Gamma ray bursts aren't coming from inside the black hole, they come from plasma surrounding the event horizon, that is accelerated to near the speed of light . If the black hole is unable to digest this material, it's space/time frame snaps back in a temporal explosion.
'Like a turbine backfire caused by a temporal hiccup.
How deep is a black hole? Why the vortex? What direction does the vortex turn? Is the gravitational attraction equal in all directions or in a beam?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min LAWEST100 653,725
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min lightbeamrider 106,481
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Buck Crick 63,484
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Pegasus 281,845
What is your most embarrassing photo? 1 hr Thelordofdogtown 3
Just chatt 1 hr Truthiness 16
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 2 hr Gerg 58
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Steve III 618,754
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr karl44 973,685
More from around the web