Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255247 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233639 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ihope you're not a lawyer ther4e Bucky boy. The law that you are talking about specifically states that children fleeing Central america are to be given a hearing to determine their status. Fleeing a country whose murdere rate is second only to Syria should certainly qualify one as a refugee. Fleeing a country where you are forced to join a drug cartel/gang or be killed would also qualify one as a refugee. Fleeing child sex rings, forced prostitution....
funny we have laws that if a Cuban sets foot on U.S. land they are granted admission to this country, and they aren't facing anything like these children from central America are facing
Let me guess, you're a christian.
I was not referring to that law.

The law you are referring to was enacted in 2008, if memory serves, and addresses sex trafficking.

The same law allows for immediate deportation proceedings by simply declaring that the migrants are not fleeing sex trafficking, which they are not.

"A refugee is an alien outside the United States who is
unable or unwilling to return to his or her country of
origin because of persecution or a well-founded fear of
persecution on account of race, religion, nationality,
membership in a particular social group, or political
opinion. This definition of refugee is set forth in
101(a)(42) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)"

It doesn't matter what you think a refugee is.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#233640 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet President Obama is responsible for Amb. Stevens death, the IRS targeting conservative groups....yada yada yada.
Bush is to blame for the use of torture, he had Gonzales write the memo justifying it. He ordered the invasion of Iraq, it was his administration that okayed the use of torture, kidnapping and imprisonmnet without trial, his administration came up with enemy combatant to circumvent the geneva convention
Oh I see another conspiracy theorist.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233641 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You give them your weslth and you will have no hope, either. They are cheap labor in competition with you and your neighbors. That you are subsidizing.
They send a very large portion of the American currency they get working or through aid programs out of the country back to their homes and to the smugglers that brought them here. Money out of local circulation. Money for others to invest in plundering this big fat cow which then has to produce artificial milk.
Wake up, Bozo.
Yep a mean and greedy old man.
You want to know who was making their money?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/03/us/james-me...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#233642 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The law you are referring to was enacted in 2008, if memory serves, and addresses sex trafficking.
The same law allows for immediate deportation proceedings by simply declaring that the migrants are not fleeing sex trafficking, which they are not.
the law you are talking about wass also enacted to combat child soldiers...I contend that being forced to join a drug cartel/gand is a form of child soldiering

being forced to join a drug gang or being killed does fall under presecution, does it not?
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#233643 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant creationist liar with no evidence for god.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#233644 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You give them your weslth and you will have no hope, either. They are cheap labor in competition with you and your neighbors. That you are subsidizing.
They send a very large portion of the American currency they get working or through aid programs out of the country back to their homes and to the smugglers that brought them here. Money out of local circulation. Money for others to invest in plundering this big fat cow which then has to produce artificial milk.
Wake up, Bozo.
Resident creationist fool who can't prove god and whines at scientists for disproving his "beliefs"
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#233645 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the law you are talking about wass also enacted to combat child soldiers...I contend that being forced to join a drug cartel/gand is a form of child soldiering
being forced to join a drug gang or being killed does fall under presecution, does it not?
You can't reason with a pig-ignorant paid creationist imposter.

You're a criminal who belongs in prison - that's why - you converted to shorten your sentence, and now you are brainwashed and arrogant thanks to your conditioning.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233646 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep a mean and greedy old man.
You want to know who was making their money?
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/03/us/james-me...
He wouldn't have had the opportunity to take the bribes if they weren't there to exploit. He didn't import them in the first place.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#233647 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He wouldn't have had the opportunity to take the bribes if they weren't there to exploit. He didn't import them in the first place.
The opinions of creationist liars don't matter to anyone. Keep your ignorance to yourself and make the world a better place.

Location hidden

#233648 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH, do you think before you write. First you state that the unemployment rate is lower in Central america, then you claim they are coming here because of better economic opportunity???WTF
BTW can you please provide a link to President Obama advvertising they could stay
December 2012 – Immediately following reelection President Barack Obama signs an Executive Order creating the “Deferred Action Program“, or DACA. Allowing millions of illegal aliens to avoid deportation.(link)

According to their own documents and research, this Deferred Action Program is what the Central American communities are using as the reason for attempted immigration. In both the border control study and the DHS intelligence report the DACA program is mentioned by the people apprehended at the border in 2013 and 2014.

"The 10-page July 7 report was issued by the El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC), which according to the Justice Department website is led by the DEA and incorporates Homeland Security. Its focus is on the collection and distribution of tactical intelligence, information which can immediately be acted on by law enforcement."

"Of the 230 migrants interviewed, 219 cited the primary reason for migrating to the United States was the perception of U.S. immigration laws granting free passes or permisos to UAC (unaccompanied children) and adult females OTMs (other than Mexicans) traveling with minors,” the report said.

Location hidden

#233649 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like borders, Buck.
Are you even allowed to vote?
Where's Catcher? We need a lawyer here.
You've been in prison for 50-60 percent of my life. I'm not sure of the exact percentage because I'm on Buck math.
No, you do like borders. You just don't know it.

Location hidden

#233650 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>

Infinity is not measurable, nor is it ever completed,...
But if the universe is infinite in extent, an infinity IS completed. The universe would be a completed infinity, but still expanding.

But you say infinity is never completed.

Make up your mind.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233651 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He was also into gambling and prostitution, hmm lets see....
Human trafficking, drugs , gambling and prostitution, the sheriff is a mobster?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233652 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
But if the universe is infinite in extent, an infinity IS completed. The universe would be a completed infinity, but still expanding.
But you say infinity is never completed.
Make up your mind.
No an infinity as we know it is never completed, you cant count that high remember?
It doesn't mean it isn't there, but it does mean it cannot be measured, because that would take an infinite time to count. So all we can do is make the statement r = infinity.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-r-c...

Location hidden

#233653 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Buckshit! Have you ever talked to any of them? I saw a interviewer report on why they were coming. In some of those countries they are from, there is no hope at all.
We have plenty of poor people who are American citizens to talk to, if you want to talk to somebody poor. Obama has increased their numbers.

If you have extra money weighting you down, give it to them.

No, I forgot,...you want to give away other peoples money, not yours.

How heroic.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233654 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Why does this sound like the pedophile blaming the child?

Location hidden

#233655 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No an infinity as we know it is never completed, you cant count that high remember?
It doesn't mean it isn't there, but it does mean it cannot be measured, because that would take an infinite time to count. So all we can do is make the statement r = infinity.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-r-c...
I see. A completed infinity can never exist.

But one might exist. Even though it cannot exist.

If we cannot measure something, it might be a completed infinity, even though it cannot exist.

A married bachelor cannot exist. But one might exist, if we cannot see him, even though he cannot exist.

Got it. Thanks, man.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233656 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We have plenty of poor people who are American citizens to talk to, if you want to talk to somebody poor. Obama has increased their numbers.
If you have extra money weighting you down, give it to them.
No, I forgot,...you want to give away other peoples money, not yours.
How heroic.
I never said I liked it, only that my compassion is greater than my greed here.
I know it will harm me,( a little) and that it's not good for me or my country.
But empathy decides that these people deserve our sacrificing a little to accommodate them into becoming Americans. This is America remember?
Not some greedy robber tribe of heartless cannibals. Sire we have to set some limits though.

Location hidden

#233657 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>

DUH, do you think before you write. First you state that the unemployment rate is lower in Central america, then you claim they are coming here because of better economic opportunity???WTF
A nation can have a lower unemployment rate, and the median wage be a fraction of what it is in the U.S., and with less opportunity to advance. That makes "better economic opportunity" in living here. But it does not mean they were starving.

You would be best-served not to argue with me.

I'm going to make a fool of you every time.

Location hidden

#233658 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet President Obama is responsible for Amb. Stevens death, the IRS targeting conservative groups....yada yada yada.
Bush is to blame for the use of torture, he had Gonzales write the memo justifying it. He ordered the invasion of Iraq, it was his administration that okayed the use of torture, kidnapping and imprisonmnet without trial, his administration came up with enemy combatant to circumvent the geneva convention
There was no torture.

You are making shit up.

Our military was authorized to blow their flesh and bones into bits and fragments.

But pouring a little water up their nose,....OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!

There was no torture - not one instance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min It aint necessari... 37,309
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min Triple Fine 104,570
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 25 min Johnny 4,841
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 33 min loveismygoal 18,636
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min Just Think 641,062
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Rider on the Storm 969,825
---*PHOTO of ANTICHRIST 'seated' in TEMPLE 57 min RevelationInPlain... 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 280,849
More from around the web