Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255270 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#233619 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a discussion of anecdotal finances of an individual are irrelevant to discussion of a national poverty level.
It's similar to how discussion of the temperature in Cleveland at 6:00 am on Tuesday is irrelevant to whether global temperatures are rising.
But I don't expect you to see the distinction, because you are a moron.
I'll try to remember that in future statements.
Are you high?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233620 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there an event horizon around the invading influx of illegal immigrants?
Because if you can count them, they can't possibly be infinite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1VtriYGTr0wXX
An existing physical distance is representable, meaning it is potentially countable.

Something infinite is not even potentially countable.

Infinite distance is not complete-able, by definition.

But you say the distance is presently completed - that the universe has infinite distance of expansion at the present instant.

But being a completed distance, as it is at any instant, it cannot be infinite, because an infinite is uncomplete-able.

And if it is expanding, and you are correct, it is one completed infinite in one instant, then a different completed infinite in the next instant, then a different completed infinite in the next instant,...and on and on.

You are proposing a series of larger and larger completed infinite distances.

But a distance cannot be larger than infinite distance.

So you are proposing a sequence of physical distances that are each larger than the previous, but all the same size.

You are proposing physical distances where "equal to" and "less than" and "larger than" are all the same thing.

Do you see a problem?

How can a physical distance be equal to, larger than, and smaller than an infinite distance?

Do you see a problem?

You are proposing a model of physical reality where being physically "equal to", "larger than", and "smaller than" are not contradictory values.

Do you see a problem?

Location hidden

#233621 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing, you sound like someone steeped in a religious conviction all children are holy. How enlightened you are.
All children can be taught, Dave.

Yes, even Mexican children. I don't know about those Honurans. They seem to be a bit sketchy.

We should put the NSA on them.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#233622 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
we have laws against torturing prisoners but that diddn't stop the Bush administration
we have laws against kidnapping people, imprisoning them without a trial and torturing them but that didn't stop the Bush administration
we have laws against committing war crimes, again that didn't stop the Bush administration.
we have laws against lying to Congress, doctoring up intel all to justify an illegal invasion of a foreign country, and yet that didn't stop the Bush administration
we signed the Geneva convention and it was ratified by the Senate, yet that didn't stop Cheney from using it to wipe his butt with
You can't blame those things on Bush, even it he did support some of that, it isn't him, it's the military, and the intelligence people.
The police and assorted assholes that think they can do this stuff.
In short, the Empire America is guilty of all that. Bush is out the picture, and the NSA under control of the Democrats when Snowden finked them out as to what this country is doing.
It's like putting all the blame on Hitler, when it was a good portion of Germany that was wrong, and we don't have a dictator here, though some of them try to achieve this status.
The problem us the US is full if Bush's and other type assholes.

Location hidden

#233623 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in Korea, Dave.
I'm Chinese.
I'll compete with them if you give them a chance.
That's all they need. That's all any of us need.
You can't stop migration. You just can't.
You need to learn to deal with it or be pushed out. That's what it's about, right?
You're afraid.
Fear is your enemy. It's your nemesis. Face it and be about your way.
Nobody is attempting to stop migration.

A sovereign nation gets to decide levels of migration and rules for how it is followed.

Why do you want the U.S. to give away its sovereignty?

sov·er·eign·ty noun \&#712;sä-v(&#601;-)r &#601;n-t&#275;,-v &#601;rn-t&#275; also &#712;s&#601;-\

"a country's independent authority and the right to govern itself"

Why do you want the U.S. to give away our right to govern ourselves?

What do you think the purpose of a nation having borders is?

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233624 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
All children can be taught, Dave.
Yes, even Mexican children. I don't know about those Honurans. They seem to be a bit sketchy.
We should put the NSA on them.
China has plenty of room and opportunity for them.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#233625 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
As U.S. law defines refugees, none of the illegal aliens flooding in from Central America are refugees.
That is assuming U.S. law means a damn thing to the present administration.
Obama is considering becoming "Coyote-'n-Chief". He wants to have taxpayers fund plane loads of immigrants hauled from Central America directly, cutting out the middle-man.
No wonder. He taught "Constitutional Law".
Ihope you're not a lawyer ther4e Bucky boy. The law that you are talking about specifically states that children fleeing Central america are to be given a hearing to determine their status. Fleeing a country whose murdere rate is second only to Syria should certainly qualify one as a refugee. Fleeing a country where you are forced to join a drug cartel/gang or be killed would also qualify one as a refugee. Fleeing child sex rings, forced prostitution....

funny we have laws that if a Cuban sets foot on U.S. land they are granted admission to this country, and they aren't facing anything like these children from central America are facing

Let me guess, you're a christian.

Location hidden

#233626 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what children want, Dave.
I know enough to know that they don't want to be deported and have to start the trek all over again.
How far have you walked, Dave? All alone with nobody to help you to find your way. Did you find a haven just for awhile?
Did they deport you?
The illegal aliens presently coming from Central America did not walk.

They rode on trains and buses.

Did you migrate here legally or illegally?

If the latter, you should be deported now.

Location hidden

#233627 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will bet you are programmed to believe Reagan and the Iran-Contra affair was evil.
Look up the Torch of Friendship incident in Miami of years ago.
I knew some of those liberals protesting that barely escaped alive. I was a trained liberal back then. I'm an educated one now. Oh, I still think it was evil. I hate/hated the Reagan crowd.
I've heard of Reagan.

He was a president, right?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#233628 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can't blame those things on Bush, even it he did support some of that, it isn't him, it's the military, and the intelligence people.
The police and assorted assholes that think they can do this stuff.
In short, the Empire America is guilty of all that. Bush is out the picture, and the NSA under control of the Democrats when Snowden finked them out as to what this country is doing.
It's like putting all the blame on Hitler, when it was a good portion of Germany that was wrong, and we don't have a dictator here, though some of them try to achieve this status.
The problem us the US is full if Bush's and other type assholes.
and yet President Obama is responsible for Amb. Stevens death, the IRS targeting conservative groups....yada yada yada.

Bush is to blame for the use of torture, he had Gonzales write the memo justifying it. He ordered the invasion of Iraq, it was his administration that okayed the use of torture, kidnapping and imprisonmnet without trial, his administration came up with enemy combatant to circumvent the geneva convention

Location hidden

#233629 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
China has plenty of room and opportunity for them.
So does the U.S.A.

I see a trend here. Somebody stole some land and now somebody is finding a way to get it back, yes?

Location hidden

#233630 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You're a mean and greedy old man Dave, those people are coming here because they are dying of starvation. They're only hope is that they can find a life worth living here in the states. As long as they aren't fleeing criminals, we should allow them asylum.
Wrong. They are not starving.

The unemployment rate in their country is lower than ours.

They are coming because our country has more economic opportunity, and because our president advertised that they can sneak in and be allowed to stay.

Location hidden

#233631 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is attempting to stop migration.
A sovereign nation gets to decide levels of migration and rules for how it is followed.
Why do you want the U.S. to give away its sovereignty?
sov·er·eign·ty noun \&#712;sä-v(&#601;-)r &#601;n-t&#275;,-v &#601;rn-t&#275; also &#712;s&#601;-\
"a country's independent authority and the right to govern itself"
Why do you want the U.S. to give away our right to govern ourselves?
What do you think the purpose of a nation having borders is?
I don't like borders, Buck.

Are you even allowed to vote?

Where's Catcher? We need a lawyer here.

You've been in prison for 50-60 percent of my life. I'm not sure of the exact percentage because I'm on Buck math.

Location hidden

#233632 Jul 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
we have laws against torturing prisoners but that diddn't stop the Bush administration
we have laws against kidnapping people, imprisoning them without a trial and torturing them but that didn't stop the Bush administration
we have laws against committing war crimes, again that didn't stop the Bush administration.
we have laws against lying to Congress, doctoring up intel all to justify an illegal invasion of a foreign country, and yet that didn't stop the Bush administration
we signed the Geneva convention and it was ratified by the Senate, yet that didn't stop Cheney from using it to wipe his butt with
You are a moron.

1. The Bush administration tortured no one.

2. The Bush administration kidnapped no one. In war you get to capture prisoners. Some would regard the capturing more humane than blowing them up, which also happens in war.

3. The Bush admninistration committed no war crimes.(Taking prisoners, rather than killing them, is not a crime)

4. The Bush administration followed the intelligence used by every other country of the world. It was provided to the opposition party to read, and they reached the same conclusions as the Bush administration.

5. You have no idea what the Geneva Convention is.

You should get your news from someone other than Ed Shultz and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

To reiterate, you are a moron.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233633 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
An existing physical distance is representable, meaning it is potentially countable.
Something infinite is not even potentially countable.
Infinite distance is not complete-able, by definition.
But you say the distance is presently completed - that the universe has infinite distance of expansion at the present instant.
But being a completed distance, as it is at any instant, it cannot be infinite, because an infinite is uncomplete-able.
And if it is expanding, and you are correct, it is one completed infinite in one instant, then a different completed infinite in the next instant, then a different completed infinite in the next instant,...and on and on.
You are proposing a series of larger and larger completed infinite distances.
But a distance cannot be larger than infinite distance.
So you are proposing a sequence of physical distances that are each larger than the previous, but all the same size.
You are proposing physical distances where "equal to" and "less than" and "larger than" are all the same thing.
Do you see a problem?
How can a physical distance be equal to, larger than, and smaller than an infinite distance?
Do you see a problem?
You are proposing a model of physical reality where being physically "equal to", "larger than", and "smaller than" are not contradictory values.
Do you see a problem?
I'm not assuming anything...in fact it is you who is assuming here. You are assuming an infinity is impossible.
I'm telling you we can't assume that, no matter how our logic or philosophy tells it it is impossible. general relativity and the metric expansion of space/time appears able to allow the singularity to create them. It doesn't have to make sense or be explainable to us.
the event horizon shrouds us from ever measuring the infinity behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_diagram

The cosmic event horizon casually disconnects our reality of the space/time dimension from us, and is at infinity, though we could never count to it, or get to it, to realize a completed infinity is impossible because,
If there were a completed infinity, it would be finite.
Infinity is not measurable, nor is it ever completed, but it is always moving beyond the finite.

United States

#233634 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard of Reagan.
He was a president, right?
He was a front for an evil cabal.

Odd, I just googled about that protest and there is very little about it. Mostly references to it. There was a protest against Contra aid, I think it was in 1987, and mobs were incited by Cuban radio that went downtown to egg, throw rocks, and even chase some protestors with hanging ropes. A lot of the protestors were little old ladies and men. A nice quiet and peaceful protest. The police had to put them in paddy wagons to escape. Then the city officials and police said they shouldn't be protesting there because of political sensitivities of the community.

Welcome to a new improved America via immigration.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#233635 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
They are coming because our country has more economic opportunity, and because our president advertised that they can sneak in and be allowed to stay.

Buckshit! Have you ever talked to any of them? I saw a interviewer report on why they were coming. In some of those countries they are from, there is no hope at all.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#233636 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH, do you think before you write. First you state that the unemployment rate is lower in Central america, then you claim they are coming here because of better economic opportunity???WTF

BTW can you please provide a link to President Obama advvertising they could stay

Location hidden

#233637 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you high?
I said you wouldn't understand the distinction. I was correct.

United States

#233638 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Buckshit! Have you ever talked to any of them? I saw a interviewer report on why they were coming. In some of those countries they are from, there is no hope at all.
You give them your weslth and you will have no hope, either. They are cheap labor in competition with you and your neighbors. That you are subsidizing.

They send a very large portion of the American currency they get working or through aid programs out of the country back to their homes and to the smugglers that brought them here. Money out of local circulation. Money for others to invest in plundering this big fat cow which then has to produce artificial milk.

Wake up, Bozo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min It aint necessari... 37,646
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Boom772 104,615
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Squirter2730 969,868
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Extasy1665 641,150
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 35 min Mooses 490
I LOVE brother Cris Darden!! 4REAL!! 42 min Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min MUQ2 44,285
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Janitor Of The LORD 618,334
More from around the web