Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233550 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So say's the idiot that has no clue what general relativity and event horizons mean.
If you think general relativity or event horizons involve physical infinity in any way whatsoever, you are the one who has no clue about it.

Location hidden

#233551 Jul 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>

Why would you be such a jerk as to send pictures of your genitalia?
I would have to take 2 pictures and put them together.
Patrick

United States

#233552 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to take 2 pictures and put them together.
The war between Congress and the White House took a turn for the worse on Friday as House Republicans sought to prevent President Obama from ordering new office supplies.

The House panel that mandated the office-supply freeze denied that it was politically motivated, citing “budgetary concerns.”

“It’s time President Obama learned a tough lesson,” House Speaker John Boehner told reporters.“Being President does not entitle you to a spending spree at Staples.”

At the White House, the President blasted the Republicans’ move to strip him of legal pads, pencils, and other office essentials, calling it “just their latest attempt to keep me from doing my job.”

In an Oval Office appearance, a visibly irritated President Obama showed reporters a nearly empty supply cabinet and said,“They have manufactured this crisis,” noting that he will be out of paper clips and Post-its by August.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#233553 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think general relativity or event horizons involve physical infinity in any way whatsoever, you are the one who has no clue about it.
Cosmological infinities

Another type of infinity arises in gravitation theory and cosmology. Einstein's theory of general relativity suggests that an expanding Universe (as we observe ours to be) started at a time in the finite past when its density was infinite — this is what we call the Big Bang. Einstein's theory also predicts that if you fell into a black hole, and there are many black holes in our Galaxy and nearby, you would encounter an infinite density at the centre. These infinities, if they do exist, would be actual infinities.

http://plus.maths.org/content/does-infinity-e...

You should stick to football and the constitution, Goofus.

Location hidden

#233554 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
The war between Congress and the White House took a turn for the worse on Friday as House Republicans sought to prevent President Obama from ordering new office supplies.
The House panel that mandated the office-supply freeze denied that it was politically motivated, citing “budgetary concerns.”
“It’s time President Obama learned a tough lesson,” House Speaker John Boehner told reporters.“Being President does not entitle you to a spending spree at Staples.”
At the White House, the President blasted the Republicans’ move to strip him of legal pads, pencils, and other office essentials, calling it “just their latest attempt to keep me from doing my job.”
In an Oval Office appearance, a visibly irritated President Obama showed reporters a nearly empty supply cabinet and said,“They have manufactured this crisis,” noting that he will be out of paper clips and Post-its by August.
If he hadn't shredded the Constitution, he would have something to write on.

...if he can write.

“I'm with "HIM"”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#233555 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they take his golf clubs,too? What is this world coming to?lol
Patrick

United States

#233556 Jul 26, 2014
cretin56 wrote:
<quoted text>Did they take his golf clubs,too? What is this world coming to?lol
If I had my way no man guilty of golf would be eligible to any office of trust or profit under the United States....."
H.L. Mencken

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#233557 Jul 26, 2014
cretin56 wrote:
Did they take his golf clubs,too? What is this world coming to?lol
They should take his golf clubs until he starts doing his damn job.

Presidential "time out" is in order.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233559 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmological infinities
Another type of infinity arises in gravitation theory and cosmology. Einstein's theory of general relativity suggests that an expanding Universe (as we observe ours to be) started at a time in the finite past when its density was infinite — this is what we call the Big Bang. Einstein's theory also predicts that if you fell into a black hole, and there are many black holes in our Galaxy and nearby, you would encounter an infinite density at the centre. These infinities, if they do exist, would be actual infinities.
An infinite density of what?

Einstein's infinite stupidity of people?

“I'm with "HIM"”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#233560 Jul 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
They should take his golf clubs until he starts doing his damn job.
Presidential "time out" is in order.
Now that is an interesting way to describe all of them in office to a certain extent, but then of course I think Congress has way too many time outs as it is. How many days are they physically in their offices or on the floor voting for issues that they were elected to perform?

Location hidden

#233561 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmological infinities
Predictions from theoretical math.

Have all your infinities you want in theoretical math.

In physical reality, I proved you can have none. By definition.

"Infinity and zero are abstract mathematical constructs which we use to describe what a system is tending towards. The mathematical philosophy behind this is not too difficult to grasp because these abstractions are unrealisable by self-definition."

"As with many physics theories, infinity is only a concept that fixes certain problems. In the literal sense it may not, and in the case of infinity, does not literally exist in nature. Since the universe had a beginning, it cannot contain infinity."

Patrick

United States

#233562 Jul 26, 2014
Happy News for a change

In the wake of the revelation from the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services, which indicated that some unaccompanied miigrant children had already been settled into Idaho, it turns out that the vast majority of children arriving in the U.S. from Central America are already in the custody of relatives.

And the New York Times is reporting that a total of 30,340 migrant children have been released to sponsors, according to the Office of Refugee Resettlement.
Children who are not able to find qualified sponsors (about 10 percent of the total) are placed in long-term shelters or foster care.

The majority of the children are from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#233563 Jul 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
An infinite density of what?
Einstein's infinite stupidity of people?
It also calls for the infinite curvature of space and the infinite dilation of time.
The Kerr metric. But you christards will spew out what you like, and reject what you don't.
It's all part of your brain damage you suffer as a gawdbot. Sorry, you deserve the sauce for the goose.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#233564 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Infinity and zero are abstract mathematical constructs which we use to describe what a system is tending towards. The mathematical philosophy behind this is not too difficult to grasp because these abstractions are unrealisable by self-definition."
"As with many physics theories, infinity is only a concept that fixes certain problems. In the literal sense it may not, and in the case of infinity, does not literally exist in nature. Since the universe had a beginning, it cannot contain infinity."
Blah blah blah, gee you never said that before goofus.Did you sharpen your football bat, and are you wearing your donut halo? lol

United States

#233565 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted something like this a long time ago about present day math, but will do again. Very easy to understsand and see how errors can creep into calculations and speculations.

You can take a two mile length of a single object such as a big block of rock and graph it, using those theoretical center points, and divide it into 2 lengths called a mile. Understand this is one object.

But if you took two one mile lengths and butted them together as tight as you can, you will have a total length longer than two miles. Why? Two separate objects can't share the same start and stop points. They are two separate continuums. So you have an extra space in between. A break in the continuum. These will add up with each addition. No way around that.

This occurs on the subatomic to the universal scale. Compounded on the atomic scale because of force fields. Not for just length, but for volumes, also. Anything that occupies its own space. It is an inherent failure of the present math system.

Numbers don't lie, but the additions, and subtractions, can be quite mistaken, especially when you get into astronomical measurements.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#233566 Jul 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted something like this a long time ago about present day math, but will do again. Very easy to understsand and see how errors can creep into calculations and speculations.
You can take a two mile length of a single object such as a big block of rock and graph it, using those theoretical center points, and divide it into 2 lengths called a mile. Understand this is one object.
But if you took two one mile lengths and butted them together as tight as you can, you will have a total length longer than two miles. Why? Two separate objects can't share the same start and stop points. They are two separate continuums. So you have an extra space in between. A break in the continuum. These will add up with each addition. No way around that.
This occurs on the subatomic to the universal scale. Compounded on the atomic scale because of force fields. Not for just length, but for volumes, also. Anything that occupies its own space. It is an inherent failure of the present math system.
Numbers don't lie, but the additions, and subtractions, can be quite mistaken, especially when you get into astronomical measurements.

You have a nearly 100% failure rate.
But you can clear it up right now, just give us the final dimensions of the universe.
So it can be finite for you.

United States

#233567 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a nearly 100% failure rate.
But you can clear it up right now, just give us the final dimensions of the universe.
So it can be finite for you.
Huh?

It is up to you to prove "infinity" is an actual "thing" as you have been representing it. Mental cases see "things" that aren't there. Prove your sanity. It is in question.

So the errors of math concepts relating to real world physics I pointed out escapes you, eh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#233568 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Happy News for a change
In the wake of the revelation from the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services, which indicated that some unaccompanied miigrant children had already been settled into Idaho, it turns out that the vast majority of children arriving in the U.S. from Central America are already in the custody of relatives.
And the New York Times is reporting that a total of 30,340 migrant children have been released to sponsors, according to the Office of Refugee Resettlement.
Children who are not able to find qualified sponsors (about 10 percent of the total) are placed in long-term shelters or foster care.
15% of the Honduras population resides in the USA.

Sup wit dat?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#233569 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Happy News for a change
If they came here with the intent of living with extended family then they aren't refugees.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#233570 Jul 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
It is up to you to prove "infinity" is an actual "thing" as you have been representing it. Mental cases see "things" that aren't there. Prove your sanity. It is in question.
So the errors of math concepts relating to real world physics I pointed out escapes you, eh?
I could never convince you of anything, you godbot .
Godbots don't know anything either...it exceeds their programing.

"Something very odd can happen if we assume that our Universe will eventually stop expanding and contract back to another infinity, a big crunch. That big crunch could be non-simultaneous because some parts of the Universe, where there are galaxies and so on, are denser than others. The places that are denser will run into their future infinities before the low-density regions. If we were in a bit of the Universe that had a greatly delayed future infinity, or even none at all, then we could look back and see the end of the Universe happening in other places — we would see something infinite. You might see evidence of space and time coming to an end elsewhere."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everybody should be on Facebook! 3 min Glitter940 5
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Satan God of gods 19,318
I adore phoning Samaritans getting female and w... 11 min Lipz238 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Charm7665 2,025
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Bongo 92,447
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Lickz8951 183,615
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 23 min Kiss2593 531
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min truth 285,993
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min Pixy6362 667,640
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Mintz8850 979,333
More from around the web