Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#233198 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you argued extensively that they accepted full Darwinist theory.
You lied.
These things happen because you Darwinists take advantage of the squishy and elastic term "evolution".
You use it interchangeably as 10 to 15 different meanings.
I did not, I repeatedly claimed evolution, you were the one who was trying to back me into the Darwinian alleyway and you failed.

Honey the science of evolution has progressed 150 years since Darwin first published Origin of Species

Pity you haven’t

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233199 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, Dave.
Did you catch the genesis of this discussion?
Christine uses e=mc^2 to prove non-existence of God, since God is "all-powerful".
Taking a conceptual, metaphysical term and applying it to a physical quantity.
It's dumb - and not unlike the insistence on the universe having "infinite distance".
I admit I have not pinned down the reason atheists do exercise this fallacy in such consistent fashion.
Is it a need to prove they know "all there is"?
Don't know. Maybe you have some ideas.
Ego inhibits their growth. Instead of sitting in the background and watching, allowing those neurons to grow and connect increasing awareness, they charge ahead wanting to be the star of the show. This gets them caught in a loop of limited awareness, and thus overview. Unless they get knocked on their ass and reset.

I could go into lots if things about the desire for a consciousness to experience, but I am on a smartphone, tired and worn out, and quite willing for someone else to write the book.

#233200 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, Dave.
Did you catch the genesis of this discussion?
Christine uses e=mc^2 to prove non-existence of God, since God is "all-powerful".
Taking a conceptual, metaphysical term and applying it to a physical quantity.
It's dumb - and not unlike the insistence on the universe having "infinite distance".
I admit I have not pinned down the reason atheists do exercise this fallacy in such consistent fashion.
Is it a need to prove they know "all there is"?
Don't know. Maybe you have some ideas.
Why do you repeatedly lie?

You deliberately cherry pick my comments because and use the carefully selected words to bolster your own ego because you have no counter for the entire comment

Please show any evidence for metaphysical phenomena. If you admit that your god cannot exist in the real world then you admit that you god is not real, end of story.

The problem is that despite the fact that you cannot show any evidence that your god exists in any form other than you own mind you repeatedly attempt to impose that the word of a thieving felon should be taken as fact.

United States

#233201 Jul 21, 2014
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded because the whole idea of heaven is illogical. And yes, I am a tolerant person, to a point. When there is a thread that is titled "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" on an atheist forum, I will not be tolerant of religious doctrine or dogmatic lies.
You are under belief this is a social club for atheists only, and not a discussion board bandying varying thoughts on the matter about?

I quite agree about the manmade description of heaven being illogical. As I pointed out a few times, God made sheep before man. He would have stopped there if that is what he wanted.

God wanted intelligent company to spend eternity with. It can get very boring.

#233202 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego inhibits their growth. Instead of sitting in the background and watching, allowing those neurons to grow and connect increasing awareness, they charge ahead wanting to be the star of the show. This gets them caught in a loop of limited awareness, and thus overview. Unless they get knocked on their ass and reset.
I could go into lots if things about the desire for a consciousness to experience, but I am on a smartphone, tired and worn out, and quite willing for someone else to write the book.
You talk other peoples ego to butt crack? wow. Did you know that people have said he was full of himself and an totally ego-centric, not so, it’s his disciples he’s full of, whenever he drops the soap in the shower cell block shower.

And you readily admit that you would prefer knowledge and understanding to be pushed into the background while ignorance and stupidity reign supreme?

That’s the dave we all know and love, welcome back

United States

#233203 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk other peoples ego to butt crack? wow. Did you know that people have said he was full of himself and an totally ego-centric, not so, it’s his disciples he’s full of, whenever he drops the soap in the shower cell block shower.
And you readily admit that you would prefer knowledge and understanding to be pushed into the background while ignorance and stupidity reign supreme?
That’s the dave we all know and love, welcome back
You forgot to insert assumed in front of the knowledge and understanding.

My dear Christine is like a finely crafted instrument. Push the right button, pluck the right string, and get the passion you wish to hear. Even tired old men can play her. Just imagine what something with more talent can do.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233205 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you repeatedly lie?
You deliberately cherry pick my comments because and use the carefully selected words to bolster your own ego because you have no counter for the entire comment
Please show any evidence for metaphysical phenomena. If you admit that your god cannot exist in the real world then you admit that you god is not real, end of story.
The problem is that despite the fact that you cannot show any evidence that your god exists in any form other than you own mind you repeatedly attempt to impose that the word of a thieving felon should be taken as fact.
It has nothing to do with whether a god exists.

It has to do with you taking a conceptual term "powerful" and limiting it to a quantitative physical term "energy".

Like most of your ideas, it reveals you as a simpleton.

Topix atheists, as dumb as they are, are not even dumb enough to sign on to such idiocy with you.

You are dumb among the dumb.

#233206 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to insert assumed in front of the knowledge and understanding.
My dear Christine is like a finely crafted instrument. Push the right button, pluck the right string, and get the passion you wish to hear. Even tired old men can play her. Just imagine what something with more talent can do.
Most isn’t assumed. And the remainder is based on that unassumed knowledge, measurements, observations, logic and of course the knowledge I am not limited by the god dunitwiv magic wet dream

Dream on buddy, I am having fun and you don’t even realise it, what’s your excise

#233207 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with whether a god exists.
It has to do with you taking a conceptual term "powerful" and limiting it to a quantitative physical term "energy".
Like most of your ideas, it reveals you as a simpleton.
Topix atheists, as dumb as they are, are not even dumb enough to sign on to such idiocy with you.
You are dumb among the dumb.
Sorry? Say what – have you lost your marbles? So an omnipotent god has nothing to do with gods?

http://dinmerican.files.wordpress.com/2013/11...

Wow, that’s a good one, that beats all other buckisms to a cocked hat.

Power is real. Get over the fact that you have had your a$$ slapped again

United States

#233209 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Most isn’t assumed. And the remainder is based on that unassumed knowledge, measurements, observations, logic and of course the knowledge I am not limited by the god dunitwiv magic wet dream
Dream on buddy, I am having fun and you don’t even realise it, what’s your excise
Perhaps you don't understand how those observations and logic are created on an initial arbitrary basis. One man makes the model others follow and are obliged to use in trying to build upon it, or translate their own interpretations. It is s tangled web we weave in the pursuit of knowledge snd understanding.

So, have you decided which part of you gets the plastic first?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#233210 Jul 21, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yup...
You are greatly mistaken , your view of Jesus ; is not Catholic , nor is Mormon ..
I'm a betting man ...Your understand of Jesus , is wrong ..
LET'S DO THIS THANG!!!

i have more than an "understadning of Jesus"; I HAVE JESUS, AND HE AND I ARE ONE!

top THAT, beotch!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#233211 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL – you moron, in no way meant as affectionate
You know... even by the high standards of stupidity show by the average godbot you are really quite astoundingly stupid.
Please supply evidence of jesus Christ before you can make claims about him
does this mean that you WON'T be my lil kneegrow babe?:-(

btw - i like your icon indicating that you give good skull!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#233212 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say christians or did I say godbots? I hold no prejudices, I simply have no tolerance for liars.
Godbots make claims without evidence, they know they make claims without evidence and wilfully promote the deception therefore they lie
using your own logic - if you think that 13+ billion years of history can be proven by using a measuring system that's less than 100 years old, you're the biggest godbot of all godbots!!!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#233213 Jul 21, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So...God...I...uh, might have to apologize for some terrible, horrible things I said to you.
And, about these small breasts...
lucky for you that i'm an ass and leg man who appreciates small breasts;-)

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#233214 Jul 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Four of nine justices voted against free-speech in Citizens United.
They are consistent, as they voted against religious freedom in Hobby Lobby.
Those four apparently want to repeal the entirety of the First Amendment. Actually, they have proven they don't recognize the U.S. Constitution at all.
Interestingly, they overturned recent precedent - 2003 McConnell v. FEC, and 1990 Austin v. Chamber of Commerce, proving once again that precedent is important except when it isn't.
Fortunately, 5 justices still recognize the Constitution. They say, rightly, protecting the New York Times Company spending millions of dollars to distribute an election editorial and not protecting Koch Industries doing the same thing is not upholding free speech.
Five justices, led by your hero, Mr. Oxymoron: Justice Scalia.

Location hidden

#233215 Jul 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry? Say what – have you lost your marbles? So an omnipotent god has nothing to do with gods?
http://dinmerican.files.wordpress.com/2013/11...
Wow, that’s a good one, that beats all other buckisms to a cocked hat.
Power is real. Get over the fact that you have had your a$$ slapped again
No. Whether there is an omnipotent god has nothing to do with quantity of energy.

It's a fallacy of reasoning called "non sequitur".

Although yours doesn't rise to the level of a formal fallacy because it is so prima facia stupid.

Watching you be stupid is fun.

Even more fun is how you are so happily stupid.

I should have dismissed you long ago when you claimed Stalin was a Christian and the Pope is an atheist.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#233216 Jul 21, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they accept both.
why does it surprise you that ROME/VATICAN accepts anything and everything? IT'S A POLITICAL SYSTEM WITH ASPIRATIONS OF WORLD DOMINATION WITH A PSUEDO MORAL AND RELIGIOUS/'CHRISTIAN' EMPHASIS IN ORDER TO PANDER TO THE PAGANS!!!

always has been and always will be.....
Patrick

United States

#233217 Jul 21, 2014
Inflammatory as it's been, the debate over unaccompanied Central American children crossing the U.S. border is only the warm-up for an approaching immigration confrontation with even greater stakes.

Regardless of how Congress handles his request for more border resources, President Obama is moving toward a historic—and explosive—executive order that will provide legal status to a significant number of the estimated 11.7 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. One senior White House official says that while "what's happening at the border will provide atmospherics for the [president's] decision," it won't stop him from acting on the undocumented—probably before the midterm elections. The resulting collision over Obama's expected action could lastingly define both the Democratic and Republican parties for the burgeoning Hispanic population.

Location hidden

#233218 Jul 21, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't understand how those observations and logic are created on an initial arbitrary basis. One man makes the model others follow and are obliged to use in trying to build upon it, or translate their own interpretations. It is s tangled web we weave in the pursuit of knowledge snd understanding.
So, have you decided which part of you gets the plastic first?
I hope it's her brain. She'll never miss that part.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#233219 Jul 21, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to say that the metaphor doesn't quite work since we can all touch - and therefore measure - soccer.
But it's not clear to me that Chris hates soccer, that he so reviles it, he spends every waking moment letting that dominate his thinking. It sort of sounds like he just doesn't want to include it in his life and we're pestering him. I mean, what kind of friends are we that he feels so pressured, he needs to find a bunch of people to stand up to us?
umm...why would 'chris' even come to a thread devoted to discussing soccer unless he was a demon possesed 'soccer' hater?;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Joe Fortuna 101,064
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min WildWeirdWillie 184,302
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min onemale 286,461
Fraud DoctoRx 52 min HiddnNumbrz 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Jehova Witness 670,481
_____Antichrist MARCH 2017_____ 2 hr Sobering2017News 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 445,664
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 980,298
More from around the web