Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#232557 Jul 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before – but buck goes round and round and round and round
Selective cherry picking is his joy.
Honey, you have provided claims so have I, the evidence differs – live with it like the big man you claim you are and not like the childish wimp your are showing yourself to be
Yep, the evidence differs - mine exists, yours doesn't.

I chuckle at your defeat.

Will you never learn to avoid taking me on? It always ends in embarassement for you.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#232558 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how did the event horizon reach it?
... Do you also know married bachelors?
It accelerated beyond the speed of light with the expansion of space in a space/time coordinate 13.7 billion years in your past , at the speed of light it will take you 13.7 billion years to get where it was at, 13.7 billion years ago. So it will always remains at an infinite distance away.

See interacting with an event horizon.

For the case of a horizon perceived by a uniformly accelerating observer in empty space, the horizon seems to remain a fixed distance from the observer no matter how its surroundings move. Varying the observer's acceleration may cause the horizon to appear to move over time, or may prevent an event horizon from existing, depending on the acceleration function chosen. The observer never touches the horizon and never passes a location where it appeared to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_horizon

This is standard physics stemming from relativity and special relativity worked out in the 1920-40s. To date GR is confirmed with every experiment thrown at it.

Location hidden

#232559 Jul 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the slimily is collecting because that’s what I said that I said, I did not say what you said, I said what I said
You may not enjoy or even approve of it but that’s juts fooking tough
No, it's you repeating an unoriginal analogy which is improperly drawn and fallacious.

Dumb atheists like to repeat such things.

Location hidden

#232560 Jul 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies... you may not conform to the norm of religious dogma but you still have faith that god dun it wiv magic out of void – your religion is creationism
I do not believe creationism, and creationism is not a religion.

Try to be right about one thing. Just one thing. C'mon, you can do it!

Location hidden

#232561 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If the distance to the target cannot be traveled, how did the target get to the target?
"Infinite distance" is self-contradictory in physical reality.
Do you also know married bachelors?
You have lost this argument multiple times in multiple ways. If you are unsatisfied by the number of ways you have lost it, I am content to let you find more ways to lose it.
Still, there is only a finite number of ways you can lose it, even though you have exhausted many of them.
Bullshit, you are incapable of understanding the implications of an event horizon , general relativity and special relativity, but you can't say I haven't tried to explain it to you.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#232562 Jul 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh , but are you nosy ...No , I didn't read it ...What else do you need to know about my life ...?
How are you doing today?

I hope well.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#232563 Jul 14, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born Christian, I don't need your comment.
Sure you were. You came out with a bible clenched between your teeth and fell straight into the holy water, so eager for baptism were you.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#232564 Jul 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Can someone be born British ..?
Only because a whole bunch of people, with a shared culture and history, wrote down all these rules that are now enforced by a government and honored by other governments as if they were as real as trees, the ocean and mountains.

But states are imagined entities made real through social practice and societal institutions..

You can start here:

https://www2.bc.edu/marian-simion/th406/readi...

Location hidden

#232565 Jul 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It accelerated beyond the speed of light with the expansion of space in a space/time coordinate 13.7 billion years in your past , at the speed of light it will take you 13.7 billion years to get where it was at, 13.7 billion years ago. So it will always remains at an infinite distance away.
See interacting with an event horizon.
For the case of a horizon perceived by a uniformly accelerating observer in empty space, the horizon seems to remain a fixed distance from the observer no matter how its surroundings move. Varying the observer's acceleration may cause the horizon to appear to move over time, or may prevent an event horizon from existing, depending on the acceleration function chosen. The observer never touches the horizon and never passes a location where it appeared to be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_horizon
This is standard physics stemming from relativity and special relativity worked out in the 1920-40s. To date GR is confirmed with every experiment thrown at it.
Impossible.

Expanding for 13.7 billion years (or any finite time) at any speed results in a travel of a finite distance.

If it accerated to 13 billion times faster than that speed, for 13 billion times 13 billion years, the result would be a finite distance.

And that distance would be no closer to infinite distance than with the expansion's first movement.

The expansion would be no nearer to infinite distance than the expansion occurring when you inflate a soccer ball. No closer.

Congratulations. You found another way to lose this argument. Bravo.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#232566 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The root word of atheism is not theism.
"atheos" (Greek)= no god + "ism" = the belief there is no god.
I can explain it for you; I can't understand it for you.
The "a" in "atheos" comes off, hey. It just means "not" or "anti."

So the root word would actually be "theos."

Etymology[edit]
From &#7936;-(a-,“not”)+ &#952;&#949;&#972; &#962; (theós,“god”)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E1%BC%84%CE%B8...

Location hidden

#232567 Jul 14, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you were. You came out with a bible clenched between your teeth and fell straight into the holy water, so eager for baptism were you.
Mom and Dad said I was born weighing 18 pounds and with a thick coat of fur, clutching my sizable penis.

I don't remember.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#232568 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If the distance to the target cannot be traveled, how did the target get to the target?
"Infinite distance" is self-contradictory in physical reality.
You can choose some thing to travel to and call that a target without actually placing it there.

Location hidden

#232569 Jul 14, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because a whole bunch of people, with a shared culture and history, wrote down all these rules that are now enforced by a government and honored by other governments as if they were as real as trees, the ocean and mountains.
But states are imagined entities made real through social practice and societal institutions..
You can start here:
https://www2.bc.edu/marian-simion/th406/readi...
The State of Alabama put me in prison for 12 years.

I wish I had known they were only an imagined entity.

Location hidden

#232570 Jul 14, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The "a" in "atheos" comes off, hey. It just means "not" or "anti."
So the root word would actually be "theos."
Etymology[edit]
From &#7936;-(a-,“not”)+ &#952;&#949;&#972; &#962; (theós,“god”)
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E1%BC%84%CE%B8...
Unless I'm missing something, the "a" is still on.("atheism")

"atheos" is the root word, not "theos", or else there would be no word "atheos".

Godspeakinginmyd reamslol

Aystetten, Germany

#232571 Jul 14, 2014
Why, why after we rediscovered science can´t we live in peace and finally expand into space? No one would need to hunger, if we used our resources to profit humanity, and not just some corrupt human beings?

Give the greedy people more and more over time to satisfy them. We have more than enough resource

Imagine what a golden age of prosperity we could create if we would´t waste it on wars, politics and religion.

Why are so many comfortable with a slowly deign word, content with destroying so much life (human and nature) where we could use what we learned to have the whole universe at our finger tips and put to shame any god of the past.

Is it so hard to accept us all as brother and sister (Adam and Eve or apes decendants - scientific) Does your god not teach to forgive. Forgive what we did in the past so we can move on finally to the next frontier.

Will god save us when a further advanced aggresive alien society meets us first and we are still fighting between ourselves?(remember what happened to native Americans when our culture met with theirs?)

It is our turn now to write history, we are responsible for what our children will inherit.

Location hidden

#232572 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible.
Expanding for 13.7 billion years (or any finite time) at any speed results in a travel of a finite distance.
If it accerated to 13 billion times faster than that speed, for 13 billion times 13 billion years, the result would be a finite distance.
And that distance would be no closer to infinite distance than with the expansion's first movement.
The expansion would be no nearer to infinite distance than the expansion occurring when you inflate a soccer ball. No closer.
Congratulations. You found another way to lose this argument. Bravo.
LOL I haven't lost the argument bozo, you just are too clueless to understand.
The distance is only finite within the event horizon, anything beyond it is at infinity.
Yes you will only travel a finite distance, but to get to the target you will have to travel an infinite distance.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#232573 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it altering the word "religion" to say I don't have one, when I don't have one?
You are an idiot.
You might prefer to engage fellow idiots - maybe Christine?
Actually, I don't believe that you are religious in any way. I think you are just here to fuck with people.

I was really remarking on how many christians now claim that they are not religious, they have a personal relationship with jesus and that is not a religion. LOL! Obviously, the term ,"religion", has been dirtied enough and they are trying to separate themselves from it. Much like your silly argument about what Atheism really means. Some argue that I have faith, just like they do, since I have faith that my wife will come home after work each day, or that I have faith that the Sun will "rise" in the morning.

I don't really care what you believe in or what you claim words mean. Most of the educated world knows what I mean when I say that I am an Atheist.

Location hidden

#232574 Jul 14, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can choose some thing to travel to and call that a target without actually placing it there.
That's my point. If it is not there, it is not there, so it is not a physical infinite.

If we want an imaginary target to call "infinite", that's fine.

That's the only legitimate use of "infinite" - an imaginary quantity.

"The infinite is nowhere to be found in reality. It neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate basis for rational thought. The role that remains for the infinite is solely that of an idea."
-David Hilbert

Keyword: "idea"

Aystetten, Germany

#232575 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I'm missing something, the "a" is still on.("atheism")
"atheos" is the root word, not "theos", or else there would be no word "atheos".
I can imagine that the devil is speaking to me in my hand and kill you. Is that prove that the devil is real or what? If people choose to follow their imagination stuff happens.

Aystetten, Germany

#232576 Jul 14, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. If it is not there, it is not there, so it is not a physical infinite.
If we want an imaginary target to call "infinite", that's fine.
That's the only legitimate use of "infinite" - an imaginary quantity.
"The infinite is nowhere to be found in reality. It neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate basis for rational thought. The role that remains for the infinite is solely that of an idea."
-David Hilbert
Keyword: "idea"
If something is forever expanding in a rate faster than you can follow = infinite. Watch some Documentaries about the Universe, I promise it will expand your horizons.

Also peoples stupidity is infinite, Einstein was right in both cases!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 6 min Poov 556
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Dave Nelson 764,564
Barack Obama's birth certificate: Where is trut... 24 min Caesar 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min waaasssuuup 603,611
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min June VanDerMark 554,886
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 263,449
Blacks so Stupid to Burn they're own houses 1 hr yon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE