Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Thats what she said

Beverly, MA

#231205 Jun 26, 2014
The one thing that most Atheists and Religious fail to do is to just be quiet.

The most irksome thing is to have to endure the constant noise that many of these passionate professing nutters utter.

How about just keeping your beliefs or lack there of to yourself?

People in general have their own ideas and if they wish to know another point of view, they can read about other religions and philosophies.

Meditation and quiet reflection do much more good than all this fervent desperate spouting that goes on in churches, and on soap boxes.

If you sit quietly and just let your thoughts get quiet, the truth will come to you.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#231206 Jun 26, 2014
KiMarea wrote:
<quoted text>
Queen Blondie, your replies are non-sensical and silly stupid. Hence your elevated position among 'rational atheist' oxymorons.
Long live the Queen!!!
Smirk.
I guess you flunked out of learning at an early age

You (KiMare) asked me that same question 3 months ago and it was the answer I gave that caused you to loose it and rant for over 2 months

No ones problem but your own if you are too stupid to think out of the tiny circle you impose on yourself
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231207 Jun 26, 2014
No. You said "same dream". You'll never win an argument like that.

Birk.
KiMarea wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So every culture had the same dream about something that doesn't exist?
I don't mean to be sarcastic, but that sounds like childish reasoning...
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Another FAIL by a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
We are talking about the concept of afterlife, not the different versions.
Smirk.

#231208 Jun 26, 2014
KiMarea wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in your head.
Really nothing to do here...
Smile.
Oh honey, you seem proud that you are a liar and obnoxious and living a life of obfuscation because you cannot think clearly.

You are thrilled that you base your arguments on hearsay and supermarket hate tabloids rather then fact, that you are a known xenophobic and a misogynous welsh carrot (look it up)

As to whether you were sacked from your position at church for sticking you hand in women’s panties while they were still wearing them – any pervert like that, if they are not serving time in gaol should be remembered for the safety of every women.

Yes I always remember sh|t head imbeciles like you just in case they vomit in my path again.
CunningLinguist

Alachua, FL

#231209 Jun 26, 2014
Thats what she said wrote:
The most irksome thing is to have to endure the constant noise that many of these passionate professing nutters utter.
People in general have their own ideas and if they wish to know another point of view, they can read about other religions and philosophies.
Meditation and quiet reflection do much more good than all this fervent desperate spouting that goes on in churches, and on soap boxes.
If you sit quietly and just let your thoughts get quiet, the truth will come to you.
I took your advice and sat quietly... For some odd reason 'truth' did not appear?

Pleased to find this elusive "truth" that you are referring to.

Personally, in this forum I think the 'truth' is gods do not exist. Religions with all the rituals and clothing etc. were all created by man for man.

Can God commit suicide... and if he can what would happen if he did?
Would heaven/hell explode?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231210 Jun 26, 2014
Religion can't survive without censorship. Any request for censorship, like yours, should be treated with great suspicion.

#231211 Jun 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you desperately avoiding my question?
i'm not desperate but I am amused at the comments people post... and I enjoy throwing a monkey wrench into the mix.
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life.--Revelation 22:19
How did the idea of the afterlife show up in nearly all cultures in human history?
** one of many theories
http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.421...
Referring to the Bible ? Now that's hilarious. Lol
** reaches for barf bag
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life.--Revelation 22:19
*Elims !rabka halla
He desperately avoids all questions. I have come to the conclusion that he’s not too bright in the old thinking department. Could be senile dementia or simply ignorance (deliberate or natural)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#231212 Jun 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you desperately avoiding my question?
i'm not desperate but I am amused at the comments people post... and I enjoy throwing a monkey wrench into the mix.
How did the idea of the afterlife show up in nearly all cultures in human history?
** one of many theories
http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.421...
Referring to the Bible ? Now that's hilarious. Lol
** reaches for barf bag
*Elims !rabka halla
I didnt ask about gods, I asked about an afterlife. There is a difference.

Smile.

#231213 Jun 26, 2014
Ahh the irony of hypocrisy

Ahh well you see the whole point of a discussion forum is not to keep quiet

Of course, now you have had your say then you can always go to a different thread that suites your sensibilities more, or better still turn off your computer.

Location hidden

#231214 Jun 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No. You said "same dream". You'll never win an argument like that.
Birk.
<quoted text>
Go back and look at the context: afterlife.

You'll never win an argument like that.

Smile.
Thats what she said

Beverly, MA

#231215 Jun 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I took your advice and sat quietly... For some odd reason 'truth' did not appear?
Pleased to find this elusive "truth" that you are referring to.
Personally, in this forum I think the 'truth' is gods do not exist. Religions with all the rituals and clothing etc. were all created by man for man.
Can God commit suicide... and if he can what would happen if he did?
Would heaven/hell explode?
It seems you have all the answers, so maybe that is your truth.

Why are you not content with that?

Location hidden

#231216 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey, you seem proud that you are a liar and obnoxious and living a life of obfuscation because you cannot think clearly.
You are thrilled that you base your arguments on hearsay and supermarket hate tabloids rather then fact, that you are a known xenophobic and a misogynous welsh carrot (look it up)
As to whether you were sacked from your position at church for sticking you hand in women’s panties while they were still wearing them – any pervert like that, if they are not serving time in gaol should be remembered for the safety of every women.
Yes I always remember sh|t head imbeciles like you just in case they vomit in my path again.
Troll libel used in absence of a rational position.

Location hidden

#231217 Jun 26, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The book of Exodus ?
** fine tunes Acme giggle meter
Egyptian history doesn't record Moses. It's too bad and so sad he doesn't exist.
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/moses...
** summons global and local demons to conference. The plan to drain the Holy See is the topic.
I assert nothing.
I examine the topic, view the available information, and post my comment for my own amusement. What others think is totally irrelevant. In fact, the more animated and robust they become the more entertaining and funny it becomes for me.
.Elims
Um, Egypt didnt record numerous things.

I accurately note an ancient record of an Alien visit with observable proof today.

Smile.
Thats what she said

Beverly, MA

#231218 Jun 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Religion can't survive without censorship. Any request for censorship, like yours, should be treated with great suspicion.
<quoted text>
What did I say that refers to censorship? How is quiet meditation censorship?

Why does anything like "religion" need to be called as such or even defined at all.

Does a butterfly need to be called a butterfly to exist?

A butterfly will be as beautiful and magical and mysterious whether or not it has a name.

The same is true for the true nature of the Universe.

Whatever is true and real cannot change even if we lowly humans do not ascribe any words to define it.

In fact, our words simply do not do the magnificence any justice at all.

Even very early in religious history, God was apparently not keen on humans being able to utter his name. MIT was humans who had the desire to know God's name.

Ever since then, it has been taken in vain.

The more fervent and beseeching people are with the name of God, the worse of a mockery they make of God.

The more human qualities that people try to attach to God, the more of a division people will put between themselves and God.

We all need to take a step back and rethink this madness.

It is clearly not working, otherwise we would not all be here trying to hash this all out.

We are not living a more peaceful existence since religion started. It has actually created more discord and distress for human beings.

Nothing gets resolved or fixed because of religion.

We need a new way of thinking about our existence and our place in the Universe.

Or maybe we should just stop thinking.

Could not get any worse.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231219 Jun 26, 2014
Wrong.

Birk.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and look at the context: afterlife.
You'll never win an argument like that.
Smile.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231220 Jun 26, 2014
Well stop doing it, then.

Birk.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

#231221 Jun 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely rational and based entirely of you stupidity, lies, xenophobia and misogyny as defined by your own posts, therefore not libel either.

As to whether you were sacked for interfering in women’s panties, I have already stated that is what I have heard on this very thread, it may or may not be true but it is common knowledge and youi have never denied it.

Location hidden

#231222 Jun 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely rational and based entirely of you stupidity, lies, xenophobia and misogyny as defined by your own posts, therefore not libel either.
As to whether you were sacked for interfering in women’s panties, I have already stated that is what I have heard on this very thread, it may or may not be true but it is common knowledge and youi have never denied it.
That makes it hearsay.

The only reason you repeat it is to assault the character of someone you have no rational rebuttle for.

Pure troll behavior. In essence, you make my case with such behavior.

Smile.

#231223 Jun 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes it hearsay.
The only reason you repeat it is to assault the character of someone you have no rational rebuttle for.
Pure troll behavior. In essence, you make my case with such behavior.
Smile.
But contrary to your claim, not liable

Lots of rebuttal that you have found out to your displeasure

And of course pot kettle black comes to mind, I was not the one accusing me of made up BS and lies, that was you and it was not even hearsay, it was just verbal garbage because you had nothing to add, that was you so may I ask, project much?

Payback is a bitch eh?

And honey, I am also not the one winging about it
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#231224 Jun 26, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it takes a lot of faith to believe religion requires censorship in the face of the mounting evidence that it gets along fine without it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Drumpf Disaster 36,856
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Chuck 688,691
Mysterious cyber espionage campaign uses 'torpe... 2 hr Erratic Mind 2
Kobe Bryant top 10 Dunks: # 1 is FREAKIN INSANE 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 2 hr Johnny 13
Simpson was holding Cowlings....."hostage"..dur... 3 hr Johnny 3
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 3 hr Johnny 27
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr gabrieltard 988,455
More from around the web