Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256042 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231006 Jun 22, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam admits it's men have no self control... thus covering the women with portable eye slit tents to wear. It appears that women are to blame for men's lack of self-control and need to be covered up less they tempt!
Allah Akbar!
Religion is the refuge of the incompetent, the uneducated, the miserable. They find not only sanctuary in religion but also a kind of superiority, easing to their tender egos.
..the only freedom we have worth fighting for ..is freedom of conscience ...which , Christendom ..ALLOWS ..

Atheists ( read ; Marxists ) and their Muslims brothers ....DON"T ..allow ..

Las Vegas, NV

#231007 Jun 22, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It's a puzzlement to me why anyone would follow a religion that told them they were such losers.
Oh, wait, that's most of 'em, innit?
..puzzlement ..be gone ..

TRUTH HURTS ..

Grow up ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231009 Jun 22, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam admits it's men have no self control... thus covering the women with portable eye slit tents to wear. It appears that women are to blame for men's lack of self-control and need to be covered up less they tempt!
Allah Akbar!
Religion is the refuge of the incompetent, the uneducated, the miserable. They find not only sanctuary in religion but also a kind of superiority, easing to their tender egos.
... and Atheists are liars ....who never ..take responsibility ...for anything .

according to you ..Atheist have " never " ..held power ..

never contributed ...

never complained .

JUST VICTIMS ...

My eyes water , for such losers ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231010 Jun 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
...I bet you searched hard and far ..

Africans killing one another ....big whup ..

And , besides I'm Christian ..not an Animists ..
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#231011 Jun 23, 2014
I didn't have to search far to find your idiocy.

Africans? Buy an atlas, you retarded racist f**k.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I bet you searched hard and far ..
Africans killing one another ....big whup ..
And , besides I'm Christian ..not an Animists ..

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#231012 Jun 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted they weren't inforced, now you lie again.
Ah, the inherent depravity of 'rational atheist' oxymorons!
Smirk.
Say what? I admitted no such thing, I provided EVIDENCE of what I said and you highlighted what you dreamed were points to discredit me but in actual fact you failed because they validate exactly what I said.

So all you are doing is lying to bolster your own lies.

I find you really quite pathetic when you have nothing so have to lie about it. I really do wonder how many god points you will be deducted for lying.

Still smirking, you still got some of that little choirboys faeces streaking your good christian pole?

#231013 Jun 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably true. In the old colonial days, native people were seen as "benighted heathens". Ironically, their descendants are often more religious than us.
And so good christians need to pick on something else, now it’s muslims but I don’t think their mistreatment and abuse is going to work on them. More likely the other way round, while christianity in declining everywhere but the babble belt USA Islam is the only growing religion in the world.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#231014 Jun 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? I admitted no such thing, I provided EVIDENCE of what I said and you highlighted what you dreamed were points to discredit me but in actual fact you failed because they validate exactly what I said.
So all you are doing is lying to bolster your own lies.
I find you really quite pathetic when you have nothing so have to lie about it. I really do wonder how many god points you will be deducted for lying.
Still smirking, you still got some of that little choirboys faeces streaking your good christian pole?
Wow, that ugly, vicious, bigoted hate sure identifies your character!!!

Makes depraved 'rational atheist' oxymorons proud.

Smirk.

#231015 Jun 23, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I'm curious , in all this cornucopia of knowledge ...Why , couldn't you name ' one ' spiritual/religious leader to hold to account ..Like say King Henry .the eighth
If you are so adamant religion invokes bloodshed ...Quote a prelate or a parson ..
as, for Muslim extremists 25% is lowball ; the majority of them will justify violence if it is used to further the cause of Islam .
Ahh so you want names and addresses rather than events. Henry VIII was a pretty obnoxious leader of the English protestant church who was responsible for the deaths of quite a lot of Catholics in his time. Thanks for mentioning him
Victims of christinaity, overseen by christian prelates
Pagans by decree of Theodosius,
Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded by Charlemagne
Crusades, 1st on command of pope Urban II, the others likewise on command or with the will of the pope
Cathars – exterminated on Pope Innocent III
In 1538 pope Paul III declared Crusade against apostate England and all English as slaves of Church
In France about 20,000 Huguenots were killed on command of pope Pius V in 1572.
The holocaust was undertaken with the full knowledge and agreement of Pope Pius XII, he even sent an ambassador to Berlin.
There are hundreds, possibly thousands of other cases that I really cannot be bothered documenting, if you want to educate yourself try google.

And even you cannot supply evidence of you stupid and ignorant clam that 25% of Muslims are radicalised. Do you have any idea how many muslims exist? If more than half a billion “BILLION” people were radicalised muslim (as per you claim) what chance do you actually give the rest of the world?

You are deliberately ignorant, you do not even think about what you say before sticking your brain in neutral and engaging your mouth

#231016 Jun 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that ugly, vicious, bigoted hate sure identifies your character!!!
Makes depraved 'rational atheist' oxymorons proud.
Smirk.
So you have no answer so opt for lying to have a go at character assassination, completely expected and well documented as a psychopathic tool to hide behind.

You lied and to hide it you accuse me of lying and you call me bigoted for outing you?

Still smirking too, much have been an extremely memorable choir boy

Location hidden

#231017 Jun 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no answer so opt for lying to have a go at character assassination, completely expected and well documented as a psychopathic tool to hide behind.
You lied and to hide it you accuse me of lying and you call me bigoted for outing you?
Still smirking too, much have been an extremely memorable choir boy
Queen Blondie, all anyone has to do is read the history of our posts to see what was said.

Smile.

Location hidden

#231018 Jun 23, 2014
"The decay of logic results from an untroubled assumption that the particular is real and the universal is not."
~ C. S. Lewis
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#231019 Jun 23, 2014
“I am not asking anyone to accept Christianity if his best reasoning tells him that the weight of the evidence is against it”
~ C. S. Lewis
KiMare wrote:
"The decay of logic results from an untroubled assumption that the particular is real and the universal is not."
~ C. S. Lewis

#231020 Jun 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Queen Blondie, all anyone has to do is read the history of our posts to see what was said.
Smile.
Yup and all any one has to do is read the history of the posts to see how you manipulate and selectively plagiarise and lie and even make up total BS

#231021 Jun 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
“I am not asking anyone to accept Christianity if his best reasoning tells him that the weight of the evidence is against it”
~ C. S. Lewis
<quoted text>
You beat me...
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#231022 Jun 23, 2014
I don't, but if only you knew of an all powerful deity that did have to ration resources.

Scum.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop using the Christian food bank, quit whining and man up sissy.
Smirk.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#231023 Jun 23, 2014
didn't ^

Location hidden

#231024 Jun 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
~ C. S. Lewis
<quoted text>
I agree, hence your label:'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#231025 Jun 23, 2014
I wouldn't dare...

:)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me...

#231026 Jun 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I wouldn't dare...
:)
<quoted text>
Hmmmm... LOL...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min MUQ2 44,963
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 34 min MUQ2 442
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,061
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 971,801
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 21
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RoSesz 650,329
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 182,944
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Tue akon mason 70
More from around the web