Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#230277 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a good example of murderers? That's a stupid hateful thing to say!
What does age have to do with a belief system following written instructions?
In Judaism, Christianity and Islam you have those who follow the instructions to the letter, and those who don't. We see the results right now, which is why you are back pedaling.
In fact, we can include 'rational atheist' oxymorons too. North Korea or even China.
Smile.
They blond too?

oxymoron = you

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#230278 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
another reference to 'science' as tho it were an iffallible & living DEITY-speghetti-monster-sky-da ddy by one of it's deluded dweeb worshipers!
i use science appropriately to worship God since the study of the physical world speaks of it's Spirit Creator!
i challange your false deity to a dual to the death! you show me ANYTHING in nature that doesn't speak of its Creator and i will go away peacefully; if you can't - see ya....wouldn't wanna be ya! fair enough?:-)
You will have to stand in place in this duel waaasssuuup.
You champion your words, and my katanas are razor sharp.
Put your god before me and it's you that will be cut.

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#230279 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes - you're right! by rejecting the Son of God, you will be responsible for shedding His innocent blood and for all the blood of those who've died for the testimony of Christ!
i'm glad you're prepared for what you deserve so when the verdict is read, please try to hold back the weeping whaling and gnashing of teeth like a lil girly boy!
I am responsible for your support of human sacrifice? No that's your gig not mine. In addition I am a woman, you assume to know too much. You have your beliefs you go on ahead living your life as you see fit, stop shoving them on others, its rude and its disrespectful. I am sure you would not like anyone telling you that ODIN will be judging you for your failure to walk his path.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#230281 Jun 4, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Cristine wears a Burka so as not to offend the religious sentiments of the Islamic men she works with and lives with.
She would be required to in any majority Islamic country.

Boise, ID

#230282 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
She would be required to in any majority Islamic country.
Yes she would, in a Country that allowed THEISM to rule the liberties of their citizens such as Islamic Theistic rule. I am fortunate to live in a SECULAR nation that gives me the liberty to believe as I choose.

Location hidden

#230283 Jun 4, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I never said that you said that, but that is the implication when Christians compare themselves to Muslims.
What did I say that was bigoted?
<quoted text> Any secular institution.
<quoted text>
Wrong.
BTW, you asked or challenged an atheist, any atheist, to blaspheme or talk bad about your man/god, and to return in a month.
I did that, here, in response to your request. I experienced no difficulties, hardships,etc.. as you said would happen.
Your mythic man/god is ineffectual. Worthless.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
I didn't compare anyone, I challenged the accusation that Christians were worse than Muslims. This from atheists who are far more alike Muslims. That exposed your ignorant comment as rooted in your bigotry.

Hardly honey. Most of those organizations involve numerous Christians, and most likely were birthed by Christians.

Your denial belies the history of atheists in power. Even in at this present time.

I don't remember setting a time frame. However, I don't expect you to be honest about that since you obviously are not about the things we are discussing now.

Location hidden

#230284 Jun 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That pretty much covers ..all of it.
Do you have anything rational to say?

Boise, ID

#230285 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists who are far more alike Muslims.

This alone speaks volumes of ignorance,
Human history has many rulers that have committed atrocities, Hitler and Stalin had mustaches. It does not follow that mustaches were an important causal factor in the atrocities committed by them or under their tenure. Commonality is not causation, These were power hungry man that used whatever means they had to get what they wanted just as it is done today. To learn from the history if the key for the future to dwell on who had the mustache is irrelevant.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#230286 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I didn't compare anyone, I challenged the accusation that Christians were worse than Muslims.

That's a comparison. You asked for the comparison.
KiMare wrote:
This from atheists who are far more alike Muslims. That exposed your ignorant comment as rooted in your bigotry.

No, atheist's do not have the belief gods exist, Christians and Muslims do.

It's quite ridiculous to say atheists are like Muslims.

[QUOTE who="KiMare"]Hardly honey. Most of those organizations involve numerous Christians, and most likely were birthed by Christians.
There are Buddhists, Muslims, Pagans, Christians, atheists and others that operate within secular organizations.

Their deity belief, or lack of deity belief has nothing to do with the help they give others, and a deity belief does not affect or influence the help given.
KiMare wrote:
Your denial belies the history of atheists in power. Even in at this present time.
Now you're comparing atheism to Christianity.

I understand, you can't help it.
KiMare wrote:
I don't remember setting a time frame. However, I don't expect you to be honest about that since you obviously are not about the things we are discussing now.
You certainly did set a time frame, of that there is no doubt.

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#230287 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything rational to say?
Yeah...who ever let you out the fence again is getting their ass kicked!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#230288 Jun 4, 2014
EdSed wrote:
RayOne will be superstitious....
<quoted text>Religion = superstition
I fail because I am human. I try because better is not best and Best is His call.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230289 Jun 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...who ever let you out the fence again is getting their ass kicked!
..whoa..pump your brakes..."Kilmare" ..just jumps out .....you can't pen this guy .

Las Vegas, NV

#230290 Jun 4, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
Human history has many rulers that have committed atrocities, Hitler and Stalin had mustaches. It does not follow that mustaches were an important causal factor in the atrocities committed by them or under their tenure. Commonality is not causation, These were power hungry man that used whatever means they had to get what they wanted just as it is done today. To learn from the history if the key for the future to dwell on who had the mustache is irrelevant.
..I totally agree..

They are both very proud ' religions '..( Islam n' Atheism )

yet, they brook no criticism ..kindly

They both choose to re-write history ..a' la ( China and tianim square *spelling * and the Armenian massacre )

hate the Christians ...( the only " acceptable " prejudice )

know , it's important to vote .

claim to be superior

yet, always claiming victim hood ..

believe , the destruction of Western culture ..Is exactly what we deserve .

Las Vegas, NV

#230291 Jun 4, 2014
RayOne wrote:
" For my GOD, For my Country's Constitution, For my Children".
..vote Republican ...

Location hidden

#230292 Jun 4, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, we weren't talking about mustaches, we are talking about belief systems.

Belief systems have consequences.

In the world today, Christianity exists and operates in the most prosperous, democratic and just societies.

Islam and atheists have a common identity, being at the other end of the spectrum.

Las Vegas, NV

#230293 Jun 4, 2014
Adam wrote:
Believers are troubled by imaginary foes.
They believe in a demon haunted world. Jesus and other delusional preachers today think they can cast out demons from the blind and people with seizures.
The nightmare of being a theist is that every action is being judged by a vengeful demonic "God", so they are paranoid over every little thing that can cause offense to the being of their own imaginations.
What a state to get yourself in.
..my dilemma remains ..outlaw religion : totalitarianism ENSUES ...

What exactly is Atheism ...that it destroys nations ..?!

Location hidden

#230294 Jun 4, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a comparison. You asked for the comparison.
<quoted text> There are Buddhists, Muslims, Pagans, Christians, atheists and others that operate within secular organizations.
Their deity belief, or lack of deity belief has nothing to do with the help they give others, and a deity belief does not affect or influence the help given.
<quoted text> Now you're comparing atheism to Christianity.
I understand, you can't help it.
<quoted text>You certainly did set a time frame, of that there is no doubt.
I asked for nothing, I responded to an assertion.

Our belief system has everything to do with our behavior.

I identified atheism by what it produces... or doesn't.

There is a doubt since

1. You continue to lie in your posts.

2. You've provided no proof.

Dang you 'rational atheist' oxymorons are consistent!

Smirk.

Location hidden

#230295 Jun 4, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I totally agree..
They are both very proud ' religions '..( Islam n' Atheism )
yet, they brook no criticism ..kindly
They both choose to re-write history ..a' la ( China and tianim square *spelling * and the Armenian massacre )
hate the Christians ...( the only " acceptable " prejudice )
know , it's important to vote .
claim to be superior
yet, always claiming victim hood ..
believe , the destruction of Western culture ..Is exactly what we deserve .
Well said!

Las Vegas, NV

#230296 Jun 4, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't be upset by idiots like you.
You actually prove my point
....You're not a piece of shit ..but, I read how you called another that ...

I apologize .."Rodny" ..but , nothing terrifies me more that one who believes the faith of true God , gives us license to abuse others ..

Atheists love bringing up Westboro ...I hate those Christians ..more than I hate the Jews ..!!

( Just kidding )..I do love our Jewish , elders in the true faith .

Las Vegas, NV

#230297 Jun 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what comes to mind , but yes that would be unethical also. Which they have learned to be able to replicate now without the need to harvest embryos.
..not as drunk , as yesterday ...sorry bout that fargin lair , thing ..

I'm totally , surprised ....that you would equate " embryo w/ human "

Atheist assholes ...in the future , a colony star ship full of frozen embryos ...

Is this " something " to hope for ..?

..or." .Never ! " ...to spread our disease , to the stars ..anathema ..!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Serah 609,906
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 25 min Serah 69,905
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min hojo 579,272
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min Rosa_Winkel 817,992
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 58 min dollarsbill 2,017
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 59 min Rosa_Winkel 125
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,982
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr AussieBobby 270,173
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr RiccardoFire 98,011
More from around the web