Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256610 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#230530 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have provided you with a short list of Islamic countries where freedom is standard – TWICE.
And you repeatedly claim that I rescinded and I have not answered because it was not the rote answer that would big up your egotestical (correct spelling) wet dreams about something you do not and are unwilling to understand.
Just because it is not your idea of freedom makes no difference to anyone but you. Honey, freedom under you terms is not freedom but dictatorship. Yes christianity implies dictatorship, it become obvious when you see the intolerance displayed by good deliberately ignorant christians to others who do not bow down to ther4e version of a myth.
And still you refuse to answer any of my questions. Methinks that if you are too chicken to give the truth (even if it does make you look like a fool) that appertains directly to your statements then this conversation is going to end very soon.
Honey, you admitted your list was countries that did not measure up to freedom and democracy.

You are unable to provide a specific Islamic country we can compare freedom of speech and democracy with.

Sit down, shut up, try to look pretty with your hijab on your face and let the men have a rational discussion with 'rational atheist' oxymorons!

Smile.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#230531 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Continued
Hitler blamed the Jews for the death of Christ, his messiah. Hitler objected to the fact that the Jews rejected Christ as messiah.
Now please explain who, other than a christian considered christ to be a messiah? Both Jews and Muslims consider him a prophet and no other religion even mentions him.
A basic tenet of Islam is that Jesus IS the Messiah. The main difference between Islam (itself a form of Christianity) and Christianity (which is actually Paulinism) is that Islam does not deify Jesus.

Location hidden

#230532 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Continued
Hitler blamed the Jews for the death of Christ, his messiah. Hitler objected to the fact that the Jews rejected Christ as messiah.
Now please explain who, other than a christian considered christ to be a messiah? Both Jews and Muslims consider him a prophet and no other religion even mentions him.
The question wasn't what Hitler said, it was what verses did he use to justify calling him a Christian.

Any rational person knows the OT is direction for Jews, and the NT is for Christians.

That is why you are Queen Blonde of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons.

Quit whining, put up or shut up.

SMirk.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#230533 Jun 10, 2014
So you believe in a god that drowned every baby not on the ark.

Birk.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question wasn't what Hitler said, it was what verses did he use to justify calling him a Christian.
Any rational person knows the OT is direction for Jews, and the NT is for Christians.
SMirk.

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#230534 Jun 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you admitted your list was countries that did not measure up to freedom and democracy.
You are unable to provide a specific Islamic country we can compare freedom of speech and democracy with.
Sit down, shut up, try to look pretty with your hijab on your face and let the men have a rational discussion with 'rational atheist' oxymorons!
Smile.
No I did not admit any such thing and I challenge you to show me the post in which you claim that I did. I claimed right from the start that some (SOME) of those countries have issues with democracy, that in no way has any bearing on freedom, it just means that the country is run under different political principals to how you want the WORLD to work. And if democracy means enforced christianity then you are welcome to it, democracy under your terms is not democracy by dictatorship. You don’t like the way a country is run then try invading and making yourself king, that is your kind of democratic way, is it not?

How many times, I am not limited to a specific country, I have provided a whole LIST of specific countries – you are so frigging interested in singular then you choose one.

More stupid godbot guesswork, jeezoos fooking Christ on a crutch, no wonder you were sacked from your church, a misogynous hate merchant for god. So it wasn’t just attempting to rape your female parishioners but vomiting lies and make believe just to big up your testicles.

And still you refuse to answer any of my questions. Methinks that if you are too chicken to give the truth (even if it does make you look like a fool) that appertains directly to your statements then this conversation is going to end very soon.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#230535 Jun 10, 2014

#230536 Jun 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
A basic tenet of Islam is that Jesus IS the Messiah. The main difference between Islam (itself a form of Christianity) and Christianity (which is actually Paulinism) is that Islam does not deify Jesus.
Islam sees jesus as a prophet/messiah, not the christ, not gods son but a slave of allah

#230537 Jun 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMirk.
You DID NOT specify your requirements, you asked a question of the babble, the whole babble, the christian babble and I gave you those verses as written in the christian babble. You immediately attempted to claim (lie) that works of the OT (that’s Old Testament – not Tanakh) are Jewish. No wonder you were sacked, the evidence that you don’t know a frigging thing about christianity and you babble mounts with every post you make.

So you claim to be christian yet defy the 10 commandments to be used by christianity? You do not believe in the talking snake and the god dun it wiv magic stories. You do not believe in making sodium chloride out of carbon without the aid of a supernova. Yeah, right, very selective christian you are turning out to be.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#230538 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam sees jesus as a prophet/messiah, not the christ, not gods son but a slave of allah
Correct.

Islam is simply the surviving Arabic branch of Early Christianity while what is improperly called 'Christianity' is the Greco-Roman branch .

Neither follows Jesus, one follows the doctrines of Paul and the other the doctrines of Muhammad.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#230539 Jun 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
No matter where or what our culture stoops to,
these things will never change.
And there is not one thing anyone can do to change these facts.
SMile.
Why do you care? If you have a husband, why not enjoy it and leave other people alone? I am as straight as they come, but I don't require any one who is gay to live their life alone. It is not fair. Everyone deserves a loving companion to live their life with. In no way does that impact me in any way.

I love your description of marriage above. I picture the reality of the fighting, snarling, doors slamming, crying, screaming, cold shoulders, and power struggles that are reality. Marriage is not the fairy tale you just wrote about. Sounds more like the fairy tale teen age girls imagine when dreaming of our knight in shining armor. Most of the time we got the rust.

Location hidden

#230540 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not admit any such thing and I challenge you to show me the post in which you claim that I did. I claimed right from the start that some (SOME) of those countries have issues with democracy, that in no way has any bearing on freedom, it just means that the country is run under different political principals to how you want the WORLD to work. And if democracy means enforced christianity then you are welcome to it, democracy under your terms is not democracy by dictatorship. You don’t like the way a country is run then try invading and making yourself king, that is your kind of democratic way, is it not?
How many times, I am not limited to a specific country, I have provided a whole LIST of specific countries – you are so frigging interested in singular then you choose one.
More stupid godbot guesswork, jeezoos fooking Christ on a crutch, no wonder you were sacked from your church, a misogynous hate merchant for god. So it wasn’t just attempting to rape your female parishioners but vomiting lies and make believe just to big up your testicles.
You clearly have issues with honesty.
Give me one Islamic country that has freedom and democracy or shut up. I'm not going to sift through your list to know which is which.
And stop being so bitchy.
Smile.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#230541 Jun 10, 2014
Your telling someone to shut up is the antithesis of freedom.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one Islamic country that has freedom and democracy or shut up. I'm not going to sift through your list to know which is which.
Smile.

#230542 Jun 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
You did not ask about democracy, I added it myself and now you cling to it like fresh faeces to a warm blanket.

If you are too bone idle to pick one name from a list then what makes you think that I will do it for you?

Bitchy? Pot kettle black

Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#230543 Jun 10, 2014
You said "two genders" as opposed to "two different genders".

Slime.
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
No matter where or what our culture stoops to,
these things will never change.
And there is not one thing anyone can do to change these facts.
SMile.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#230544 Jun 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
I saw battle-corpses, myriads of them,
And the white skeletons of young men, I saw them,
I saw the debris and debris of all the slain soldiers of the war,
But I saw they were not as was thought,
They themselves were fully at rest, they suffer’d not,
The living remain’d and suffer’d, the mother suffer’d,
And the wife and the child and the musing comrade suffer’d,
And the armies that remain’d suffer’d.
Passing the visions, passing the night,
Passing, unloosing the hold of my comrades’ hands,
Passing the song of the hermit bird and the tallying song of my soul,
Victorious song, death’s outlet song, yet varying ever-altering song,
As low and wailing, yet clear the notes, rising and falling, flooding the night,
Sadly sinking and fainting, as warning and warning, and yet again bursting with joy,
Covering the earth and filling the spread of the heaven,
As that powerful psalm in the night I heard from recesses,
Passing, I leave thee lilac with heart-shaped leaves,
I leave thee there in the door-yard, blooming, returning with spring.
I cease from my song for thee,
From my gaze on thee in the west, fronting the west, communing with thee,
O comrade lustrous with silver face in the night.
Yet each to keep and all, retrievements out of the night,
The song, the wondrous chant of the gray-brown bird,
And the tallying chant, the echo arous’d in my soul,
With the lustrous and drooping star with the countenance full of woe,
With the holders holding my hand nearing the call of the bird,
Comrades mine and I in the midst, and their memory ever to keep, for the dead I loved so well,
For the sweetest, wisest soul of all my days and lands—and this for his dear sake,
Lilac and star and bird twined with the chant of my soul,
There in the fragrant pines and the cedars dusk and dim.
Share this text ...?
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174748
Hah! "When lilacs last in the dooryard bloom'd" - Whitman.

Location hidden

#230545 Jun 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not ask about democracy, I added it myself and now you cling to it like fresh faeces to a warm blanket.
Here was the original assertion that you denied;

Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between Islam and Christianity is that in an Islamic country freedom of thought and expression, or belief, is not allowed.

Saudi Arabia.

Smile.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#230546 Jun 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not disputing ML's bigotry. I'm asking how Hitler's behavior was guided by the Bible.
This isn't difficult. You see in numerous places today, Muslim's violence being
instigated by the Quran. You see in numerous places today, the unbelief system of atheists guiding their treatment of fellow humans.
The assertion by CHRISTine, is that Hitler was a follower of Jesus. I'm simply asking how his behavior showed that.
<quoted text>
I agree. Which means Hitler was no Christian.
You should be talking to CHRISTine.
Smile.
<quoted text>
'We' had decided no such thing.
It is not up to you to decide the faith of another based on preconception and ignorance.
Smile.
Would either of you two accept the statement of a prominent german intellectual who was contemporary with hitler regarding the purported "faith" of hitler?

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#230547 Jun 10, 2014
By "you two" I meant kimare or Christine. Want the statement?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#230548 Jun 10, 2014
I accept that Hitler was the catholic leader of a majority protestant country.
Without blind faith, the gas chambers would have had no operatives.
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Would either of you two accept the statement of a prominent german intellectual who was contemporary with hitler regarding the purported "faith" of hitler?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#230549 Jun 10, 2014
You keep trying to play your least worst rapist card but it is not fooling me.

If I was gay and living in christo fascist Uganda I'd feel very scared.

Slime.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here was the original assertion that you denied;
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between Islam and Christianity is that in an Islamic country freedom of thought and expression, or belief, is not allowed.
Saudi Arabia.
Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min MUQ2 281,954
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Dr Banonator 64,611
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 min Brian_G 57
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Pad 654,411
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 43 min den77777 59
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 51 min Ableviking 33
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 45,284
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,608
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web