Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258041 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#230194 Jun 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well then , it doesn't apply to you then does it?
well silly me , here I thought you called my moral compass whacked.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#230195 Jun 3, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
well silly me , here I thought you called my moral compass whacked.
&fe ature=kp

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#230196 Jun 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7FdYRq8-6kMXX&feature=kp
0-0 OooO what a great song!

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230197 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are biased, what else would you call making statements that have absolutely no evidence to back them up?
There is however more than one source of evidence to say that the guy you know as jesus was a terrorist in the Fourth Philosophy anarchist group and a leader of the Sicarri terrorist. Being such means that in all probability he repeatedly used murder to spread his conviction. And of course your god books claims your god as the most prolific murderer (pro rata) that has ever lived and the murderer of children, he condones slavery, theft and rape too. It’s all written in your book but I guess you choose to ignore those hurtful passages (or interpret them as you wish, not as they are written) so nothing new in your version of morality.
You will also note that your faith is a bastardisation of several Hebrew faiths that were not formalised until over 300 years after the late JCs crucifixion for his crimes against the state.
There is a big difference between the quran and the babble, the quran is as originally written, It may not be nice to a westerner but it is unchanged. On the other hand the babble has changed often and there were so many different versions that King James chose to re-compile it, not from original works but from half a dozen of the popular babbles of the time. Guess what, there are now over 200 different English language versions spawning over 40,000 different sects of christinsanity, each claiming their interpretation of the version of the book they choose is correct.
Yes the stories of mo, far more truthful about his murdering technique but even muslims are guilty of selective interpretation of their god book. Hence the reason that most muslims are peaceful family oriented people and a fewe are mirduring terrorists, rather like christiand really.;
..Well,,,I just disagree .

I do not want Islam .....I choose ..Jesus

( terms may change .....under the sword ....)

I believe , God gave us an owner's manual ....babble ..quran ..torah ...communist manifesto .

I love the West .....Jesus said .." you will know them by their works .."

Las Vegas, NV

#230198 Jun 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what comes to mind , but yes that would be unethical also. Which they have learned to be able to replicate now without the need to harvest embryos.
..the embryos are replicated ....?

or are you " a " fargin lair ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#230199 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A The records exist so yes I do
B Not my problem
C ??? WTF has that god to do with it nuclear weapons?
D Say what??? Defending Western Europe? How? When?(or you mean in WW2 when you came and helped an allied force?)
A) I concur..
B) not yet
C) not my problem
D) well ..I lost the documents ...BACK TO YOU LATER ...!

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#230200 Jun 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..the embryos are replicated ....?
or are you " a " fargin lair ...?
No, we are able to replicate stem cells now.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/scien...

Las Vegas, NV

#230201 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started the misogyny?
Who is the one making BS up because he does not know facts?
Of course you see having a discussion with someone who actually knows what they are talking about to be disconcerting. It makes you look foolish, but that’s not my problem.
And the fact that facts do not agree with your delusion may also have something to do with it.
..who started the misogyny.?..

...*.Girls .*...you know you can do better..

Yet , you continue to blame EVERYTHING on us ...

I thought 'we' are equal ...so, Who started misogyny ...????

Las Vegas, NV

#230202 Jun 3, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
One must get used to these nutcase atheists going into hysteric fits when faced with the truth.
One can see this from most of their their posts.
There are very few atheists here who can reason or hold a civilized discussion.
This is the normal behaviour for most atheists.
Reasoning is not one of their qualities
..I agree ..for a piece of shit like you ...you actually have a pretty good bead on things ..

( your own words used , against you )

..upset...?

Las Vegas, NV

#230203 Jun 3, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
tell us again how verbal (really, written) abuse is childish and unChristian....
..okay..EAT THE PEANUTS OUT OF MY SHIT ...

that's pretty UN Christian ......

treat others the way ' you ' want to be treated ...is Jesus .

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#230204 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey the distortion is ALL yours. Of God no less. I simply called you on it and now you are back pedaling.
Now you are telling God who goes to heaven and why. That's quite a faith you have in yourself...
It's that 'faith'(arrogance) that keeps you a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smile.
You were then one making up BS and vomiting hateful comments, calling deliberately hurtful, misogynistic names as though it’s all good fun, kind of suck when it all backfires on you though doesn’t it? Do not try hiding behind your religion because your religion only highlights what a sick minded moron you are.

You never called me on anything, you simply made up deliberately hateful statements because you have nothing else to big yourself up with (some crusade you got there). Providing proof of your egotestical (correct spelling) stupidity is not back pedalling but providing proof of your egotestical stupidity.

Wrong, now you are making assumptions based on your own lies. May I suggest you read my post rather than taking wild leaps of faith then lying about it? Your self-delusion is quite astounding even by the high standards of self delusion set by the average godbot.

Simple solution, prove there is a god... Oh you can’t and yet E=MC^2 proves without doubt that the god describe4d in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist at the same time as you.

#230205 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know......maybe if you can say a few words to me sans the insults i might believe that you're objective and could listen to what you're saying???:-)
Après que vous.

When you stop your demeaning and insulting misogyny than ask again.

#230206 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
alas - you called me "Honey" which defenitely "helps you(me) masturbate better"!
i'm not stopping until your frown is turned upside down and you're able to laugh with me.....
I call my children and pets honey, you want to masturbate over being likened to a goat than that’s up to you.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#230207 Jun 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
History - ever heard of it, History? Or how about facts – but perhaps you have evidence to show that Galileo , Queen Elizabeth (I assume 1st but 2nd too) and Churchill were not christian.
I really would be interested to see these facts, like I would be interested to see the fact thgat you7 god exists, despite the fact that for 4000 years no one has been able to provide any such proof.
Or perhaps you are juts beating you gums because that’s what gets you off sexually?
Galileo was a Xian, despite the way the church treated him for his scientific theories. His daughter became a nun.
Old Queen Bess was, I assume. As for Churchill:
I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
- Winston Churchill
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/wi...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#230208 Jun 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I know it, probably far better than you. Since the time of Henry the VIII so that must make it ok for them to indiscriminately murder and kill women innocent children centuries later in your book? Fair enough, just so long as we understand each other.
Actually, no, not me and mine because at the same time my family was Scottish and persecute in exactly the same way, funny how there is now Scottish republican army goi8ng around killing innocent women and children eh?
The Scots had some brave fighters tho, even tho a lot of Braveheart was inaccurate. There was Wallace, then later Robert the Bruce.

The English used to call the kilted Scotsmen "the ladies from Hades".

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#230209 Jun 4, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What a projection fit.
The fact remains that one can't help thinking that you are a woman from your feminine posts.
Are you a homosexual gay?
Was that supposed to be an insult?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#230210 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i publicly accept the morality of God as outlined in the Bible and vehemently renounce today's fascist style of 'morality', which in fact is my immorality!
have a good day!:-)
"My immorality", hey. At least you just admitted something that we all know here.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#230211 Jun 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I had red velvet for the first time last weekend – very nice but I prefer date and walnut
YUM! But I'm a Black Forest girl myself.

#230212 Jun 4, 2014
Rodny wrote:
Christine, without using verbal abuse, because that would be childish and un-Christian, I would like to point out that you are mistaken on many things.
The success and spread of Islam was based on the sword. How do you think all the Middle Eastern and North African countries converted to Islam?
Because they were forced to.
This is part of Islamic history.
The mention of the sword for conversion is even in the Koran, and Mohammed encouraged it and took part in it.
In fact even today other religions, and also atheism, are not tolerated in most Muslim countries.
Slavery is also common and going on in some Muslim countries, especially in Africa. Just google modern slavery.
It was the European Christian nations who abolished slavery in the 19th century, especially in their African colonies.
I already explained to you that the IRA is not a Christian organization but an Irish Independance organization.
Defending Islam and attacking Christians does not make sense to me.
In a very similar way to the way christianity was spread by intimidation and violence. So your point is what? The fact that good christians went over en mass, three times to the middle east and forced the use of the sword seems to completely escape your attention.
I have read much of the Qur’an, I have also read the babble (different versions) three times. You seem to have forgotten (or readily accept) the violence that is advertised in your godbook. You want verses just ask. Or is it that genocide, murder, violence, theft, slavery, rape and subjugation is OK for christians but not for muslims?

True, other religions are not tolerated in some places. Try admitting you are not christian in some parts of the USA for example. Try admitting you are not catholic in some parts of Northern Ireland. Try admitting you are Muslim in Israel or the USA. Those countries who abide by sharia law are sovereign and known, if you want to invade those countries and put your own unwelcome, unwanted and illegal (in that country) point of view forwarded then that means you are a fool and should expect everything you get. I am sure you would be the first to say that people coming to your country should abide by the laws of your country, why can you not provide that same courtesy to other countries?

Slavery is common throughout the world, and you (I am assuming you are American) have very little to say with any validity of the rights and wrongs of slavery. And again it is condoned in the babble, again verse numbers are available on request, so what is your beef with it being a fact of life in Islam?
Yes it was Europeans (initially a few British women) who began the crusade to abolish slavery and yet still slavery exist in Europe. It is far worse in the US, with almost 1% of the population in unpaid servitude, you want documentation just ask.

And I already explained to you that you do not know what you are talking about, the IRA are an Irish catholic organisation funded by Irish catholic donation, you foot stomping makes no difference to fact. But your repeated protests and complete lack of denial of contribution to NORAID do seem to indicate that you are at least partly responsible for the murder of children. How does that feel? Or is it something else you just ignore in the hope it will all go away.

I am not defending Islam, I am comparing it with christianity and I can assure you that christianity does not come out favourably in honest and fair comparison.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#230213 Jun 4, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Oh , goodie you cleared that up ..
I was afraid i was going to have to stop our correspondence , nothing abhorrent if you were merely " homosexual " or merely " gay " .
But , a " homosexual gay " ...that's beyond the pale , we gotta draw the line somewhere ..
My Dad always insisted that word meant "bright and happy".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 min another viewer 177
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min another viewer 665,388
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 16 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Pegasus 284,577
More from around the web