Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229730 May 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that. Along with Jews, homosexuals and usually strong women.
Marrying little girls...now that's just fine and dandy according to those ar$#lifters.
i'm not in any way challenging what you're saying about islam here, but i'd like clarification on what you mean by "strong women"?

do you mean strong as in 'she embraces her different creative design, gifts and strengths associated with being female and having a womb', or do you mean 'pushy and controlling and having the mentality that her differences are superior to mens differences'?

just asking.....:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229731 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - I am thin, right on the boundary of the BMI chart, I prefer slender, svelte or much better, elegant.
But you are correct, I am not that thin to be skeletal and do have flesh and skin on my skeleton. It’s just an ignorant godbot trying (and failing) to belittle me so he can earn extra god points, I am sure these numpties don’t even realise that lies and deceit deduct those wondrous get to heaven points they all crave.
do you at least have bubbles and sum junk in your trunk?;-)

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#229732 May 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Rodny, you plonker![sic]
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO

Brilliant, thank you for setting my weekend off with a bang.

I wonder if he will understand?

#229733 May 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Enjoy! I'm already home. We're in that there London tomorrow with friends, should be fun.
<quoted text>
Ta. You too have fun. I am just grabbing a few moments with my not so smart phone while the crab curry simmers and the kids make the most of what will probably be our entire ration of sunshine. Like I said, not so smart how can predictive text assume I meant Dibner when I was writing sunshine?

#229734 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the new age definition of "sexism'" means that a man isn't completely emasculated by the pushy and controlling women around him, so i embrace the use of this term for myself.
THAT term as well as chauvinist, misogynic and all associated.
in fact, i think that most all 'new age' women can accurately be defined as "witches" according to past cultures and Bible doctrine!
Embrace what ever you like just as long as you keep your creepy hands off me.

Yes, I am sure and just as in times ol old, most godbots would revel in burning them at the stake.

#229735 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
do you at least have bubbles and sum junk in your trunk?;-)
Ignored on the grounds that you are a pervert.

#229738 May 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I have a female friend who wanted to text me and my wife, "Are we dinnering tonight?" [sic] and it came out "Are we fingering tonight?"
<quoted text>
lol, damn predictive text, I want my blackberry back

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229739 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Embrace what ever you like just as long as you keep your creepy hands off me.
Yes, I am sure and just as in times ol old, most godbots would revel in burning them at the stake.
i don't endorse the burning of witches, but i don't let them conroll me either, which is the very nature of witchcraft and bewitching!

sounds like you may have some anger issues with the male species! are you by any chance a lesbian? cuz more than a few studies prove there's an association with lesbianism and bigotry towards men!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229740 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored on the grounds that you are a pervert.
also ignored on the grounds that you are a bigot.

#229741 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't endorse the burning of witches, but i don't let them conroll me either, which is the very nature of witchcraft and bewitching!
sounds like you may have some anger issues with the male species! are you by any chance a lesbian? cuz more than a few studies prove there's an association with lesbianism and bigotry towards men!:-)
But when you have a babble controlling you then that's all great.

And here we go again with the godbot "I'll say what I want and if the recipient don't like it then they must have anger issues or they must be gay , anything but admit that they are ignorant ptats hiding behind their god myth" it's eally quite pathetic that you are unable to accept the conciquences of you own sick mind.

Btw, No I am not lesbian but you come across as a gay boy who cannot handle the opposite six..

#229742 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
also ignored on the grounds that you are a bigot.
Ignored on the grounds that you are a raving poofter

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#229743 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>

in fact, i think that most all 'new age' women can accurately be defined as "witches" according to past cultures and Bible doctrine!
Like many words - duality in their meanings exist.

Why would you like to change the meaning of "New Age" to your liking, especially when you are requiring it to be applicable to ancient unfounded texts that men created?

You aren't forward thinking, huh?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229744 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we go again with the godbot "I'll say what I want and if the recipient don't like it then they must have anger issues or they must be gay , anything but admit that they are ignorant ptats hiding behind their god myth" it's eally quite pathetic that you are unable to accept the conciquences of you own sick mind.
Btw, No I am not lesbian but you come across as a gay boy who cannot handle the opposite six..
ignored on the grounds of extremely angry and bigoted

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229745 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - i have been known to handle "six" of the opposite 'sex' and satisfy them all simultaneously! so how did you know???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229746 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored on the grounds that you are a raving poofter
not ignored on the grounds that now i kinda wanna wrestle with you naked;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229747 May 23, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Like many words - duality in their meanings exist.
Why would you like to change the meaning of "New Age" to your liking, especially when you are requiring it to be applicable to ancient unfounded texts that men created?
You aren't forward thinking, huh?
ignored on the grounds that new agers are spiritually insane and completely unreasonable to communicate with

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#229748 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You make unvalidated claims of supposed Christians in prison, while extolling the virtues of Muslims.
Meanwhile, the vast majority of horrific violence occurring right now is either in Islamic countries or fomented by Muslims.
You claim the virtues of intelligent conversation with Muslims as a woman.
But meanwhile, you ignore (as does the rest of Islam) the 300 girls kidnapped for sex slavery because Islam subjects women to ignorance.
Ah, the reasoning of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not invalidated, just denied by godbots like you, go on, educate yourself and look it up on google scholar the data is there for you to peruse.
Oh I agree with you on the violence count, for the most part christians have been cowed into submission and given up, been beaten or simply died out in the christian countries. Such good christians as Stalin, Hitler, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, NLFT, the KKK and those darling anti abortionists in the US. However their are still some good christian atrocities for you to hide, catholic priests sexually abusing children, the IRA are still killing people, the KKK are still killing and intimidating people and those darling anti abortionist are still using intimidation and force to impose there belief on others.
Yes I do make that claim and I know of one other person on this thread, another British atheist who will confirm that, and others on other threads. But feel free to guess if that’s what gets you off in the name of your god
I do not ignore the atrocities of one group and neither does Islam who condemn the kidnap of those girls just as you and any other decent person would. But once again if that’s the dream that consoles your belief in (funnily enough) the same god then feel free to lie about it.
Ahh the deliberate ignorance of godbot christards…
I've denied nothing. You didn't validate your claim.

Where is the outrage by Muslims against the kidnapping of the girls? You know, something along the line of the Islamic reaction when someone publishes a cartoon of Mohammad molesting a nine year old girl?

Moreover, you made numerous other ridiculous and distorted claims in a vain attempt to castigate Christians in the face of innumerable current atrocities being committed by Islam.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread848...

Honey, I give you the honorary title of Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#229749 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i luv ravi z - i think he's the most brilliant apologist on the planet right now!
he has the answers for every skeptic if they really want to know the truth and he's always gracious and understanding with every person and issue he debates!
He is good!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#229750 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - i have been known to handle "six" of the opposite 'sex' and satisfy them all simultaneously! so how did you know???
Referring to humans not dogs and farm animals waaasssuuup.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#229755 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at before he got the god bug, not a nice man by any standards
There is even evidence that the reason he wrote what he did was from guilt, it is claimed that he was the one responsible for the capture and hence the crucifixion of the guy that christians see as the late jc.
See the rebuttal of Celsus' work by Origen, his rebuttal describes the contents of Celsus work even though the original was destroyed in the (highly suspicious) fire of the library in Alexandra.
Universities have transcripts of early Saulus works
See also
Pantera by Sara Reinke
James, the brother of Christ by Robert Eisenman
The Mythmaker by Hyam Maccobys
Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus by Danial Underbank
Jesus the Terrorist by Paul Cresswell
I had a little input into compiling the data used in these books so I am somewhat prejudiced, there will no doubt be other books.
I'll put it on my reading list, when I finish my studies for this semester. Get back to you.

To me, Pantera is a heavy metal band. But you said that he was Jesus' real father, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 47,960
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Toby 105,585
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 24 min A GILBREATH 159
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 38 min Halle Berry Sister 3,676
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min hojo 646,363
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 51 min Jpfresh 32
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,014
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr oneear69 971,572
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr Brian_G 12
More from around the web