Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258490 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229652 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in "something for nothing", even though rare.
But "something from nothing" sounds mysterious and impossible to me, unless there is the supernatural involved.
Something from nothing is speculation and an attempt to explain the yet unexplained.
The supernatural if exists is the same thing.
The difference is speculation in cosmology is based on the evidence and what we do know.
The supernatural is based on superstition and fear of the unknown.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#229654 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know she's a blonde, she only shows a skull in her moniker.
Which also shows that she believes in the supernatural if the dead can speak.
What a load of ignorant BS, the skull is what most of you godbots deny, a transitional fossil.

Live with it.

#229655 May 22, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to vent. Its good for you. I state in my posts that I am a christ follower! Feel free not to believe. It shouldn't bother anyone.
Please explain your position here, you are saying that me, as a topix contributor vent but, for example a christian contributor you agree with posts valid posts?

Or are you saying that your intolerance of whatever you don’t want to agree with or understand classes the poster as venting?

Please don’t be so self centred to believe that I read all your posts, I usually only read what is addressed to me or directly refers to me, a simple search of my name is my cure for trawling through houses and hours of godbot text, mostly drivel.

And it doesn’t really bother anyone what your faith is unless it interferes with other people. However it does seem to bother you seeing as you claim that you state it in your posts. I simply asked because your intolerance is typical of so many (but not all) christians. Thank you for telling me

#229656 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
How do you know she's a blonde, she only shows a skull in her moniker.
Which also shows that she believes in the supernatural if the dead can speak.
It also shows that Christine is an Ancestor Worshiper, since the skull of an old human, or semi human, is her object of worship.
Smiley
So showing godbots that life existed prior to god magic 6000 ago proves ancestor worship?

Wow, no wonder you are so delusional

And I suppose your avatar indicates that you worship[ grey outline shapes – cool…

#229657 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in "something for nothing", even though rare.
But "something from nothing" sounds mysterious and impossible to me, unless there is the supernatural involved.
What it sounds like to you is beside the point.

What can be shown mathematically and theoretical has far more relevance.

#229658 May 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Do you treat people differently based on their hair colour?
Slimy.
<quoted text>
Of course he does, he’s christian and he’s bolstering the misogyny of another christian.

I really would not be surprised if they were both racist too.

Hi T, how’s ya doing

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229659 May 22, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me which God? and why? also wth is a gaytheist? Do you even know what "theist"means.... yes google it.
your demanding tone is usually a clear indication that you wouldn't change your rebellious mind no matter what reasonable information i could give you as long as it favors the idea of Christ. so, i'm gonna ask you to frame your questions with a "please" first and then i'll know that i'm not just casting my pearls before swine.

is this fair enough?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229660 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
These fanatic atheists who blame everything on religion, that everyone who belongs to a religion or believes in God is bad, that only religious people are bad, is not only fanatical and illogical but also bordering on madness.
One can find good and bad people in every society and in every belief and no belief.
Like you said, it is human nature, which I believe is the root of all evil.
In fact that is what Christianity, and most other religions, is all about, overcoming your human nature to higher spiritual levels.
The brand of atheism being brought here is nothing but a hate religion. Hate is in fact a trait of human nature.
i would agree with your thoughts here and would tweak them further to include that the only way to overcome our fallen human nature is to be born again with a new after the image and likeness of God. the only way to do so is by personally accepting the sacrifice of Christ on the cross and this is why Jesus is referred to in the Bible as the "second Adam" who undid what the first Adam did through bringing sin into our nature and our environment.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229661 May 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Another empty threat from another empty christard.
Your storybook says Adam and Eve didn't have knowledge of good and evil before eating of the tree of knowledge. Therefore they couldn't sin. Any poor design was 100% your god's fault.
You post about your god like a battered wife. "I know he gets angry but he loves me really"
<quoted text>
you're making a huge wager in a very high stakes eternal 'game' that you have no obligation to God/Christ!

i don't resent you for your choice and i hope you don't resent me for mine, like cain resented Abel for his:-)

#229663 May 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're making a huge wager in a very high stakes eternal 'game' that you have no obligation to God/Christ!
i don't resent you for your choice and i hope you don't resent me for mine, like cain resented Abel for his:-)
You are welcome to you choice but you ‘should’ be interested to know that what people do resent is godbots like you judging them by your own mythology and threatening them with your choice. It’s absolutely meaningless to those you threaten other than advertising the fact that you can only justify your faith by issuing meaningless and empty threats.

#229665 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2536930/One-ten-babi es-England-Muslim-Those-practi sing-religion-soon-outnumber-a ctively-worshipping-Christians .html
This is what atheists should worry about, not Christians.
There aint gonna be no atheists when Muslims take over or become a majority.
The situation is similar in other European countries
Ahh well you see, that article is aimed at and mentions christians, so amusing that you choose to insert your own anti atheist BS to make it justifiable to you. And of course the press loves hyping stuff like this, it boosts readership and helps pave the way for the next round of note worthy anti this and anti that sentiment which incidentally is keyed up by this round of anti this and anti that sentiment.

So what would you do about it? Take the same route as good christians like Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic and chose to deal with what they perceived as a problem by committing genocide. But of course you guys are OK with genocide as a way of sorting your problems aren’t you, it’s taught as the right thing to do against intractable peoples in the babble. After all, it is claimed that your god was the first genocidal maniac and following in his footsteps is second nature to you.

Now the real point is that, just like the majority of christians, Muslims are a law abiding, peaceful, family oriented section of society. True there are some aspects of there religion I personally disagree with, the misogyny and intolerance of other beliefs for example, rather like the christian faith in that respect.

Anyway give me a true muslim over a lying godbot anytime.

#229666 May 22, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other mathematical formula that can ever change the basic formula that 0=0, unless Someone from Somewhere puts another digit to change it.
No amount of ridiculous pseudo scientific theory is ever going to change that..
Atheist science is confused and beaten and will try anything to put down our throat when it comes to this ultimate reality.
It seems that I must repeat again, the laws that now govern this universe did not exist. Just because you are incapable of comprehending that basic premise is no ones problem but your own.

The only pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo I know of is that promoted by such low life claimed educationalists as the discovery institute who use disproved and invalid rhetoric couched in bible speak to give you the impression that they are not fooling you.

And still you have not considered the meaning of the word void – how predictable. Your babble says that your god can produce something from nothing, why is it ok for you to accept that without question yet deny it in any other context?

I see you despise ‘atheist science’ to the extent that you use the benefits of ‘atheist science’ to promote your hated of it. This comes across as completely hypocritical but understandable to anyone other than a godbot. You have no way of venting your anger at ‘atheist science’ that provides you with so much to make you life easier without using that ‘atheist science’ to condemn it.

I wonder would you be so objectionable to ‘atheist’ medical science should the need arise? Or would you once again swallow your hypocrisy and pretend like you were for it all the time.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#229671 May 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain your position here, you are saying that me, as a topix contributor vent but, for example a christian contributor you agree with posts valid posts?
Or are you saying that your intolerance of whatever you don’t want to agree with or understand classes the poster as venting?
Please don’t be so self centred to believe that I read all your posts, I usually only read what is addressed to me or directly refers to me, a simple search of my name is my cure for trawling through houses and hours of godbot text, mostly drivel.
And it doesn’t really bother anyone what your faith is unless it interferes with other people. However it does seem to bother you seeing as you claim that you state it in your posts. I simply asked because your intol
erance is typical of so many (but not all) christians. Thank you for telling me
I agree with parts of some posts. The only thing I really agree with is that Jesus christ is lord and should be followed and worshipped. That much I do believe. How have I expressed intolerance? As far as I am concerned others can believe or not. It doesnt bother me. Feel free to criticise. As for " venting" it's what we all are doing. Its healthy.

#229673 May 22, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with parts of some posts. The only thing I really agree with is that Jesus christ is lord and should be followed and worshipped. That much I do believe. How have I expressed intolerance? As far as I am concerned others can believe or not. It doesnt bother me. Feel free to criticise. As for " venting" it's what we all are doing. Its healthy.
Who/what a person worships or not is up to them, only when they make it public can comment/criticism be made, you have made you faith public, get used to the criticism.

The word “venting” has implications of intolerance

Is it to much for you to say discussing, posting, commenting etc when you address a non christian in the same way you would with a christian?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229674 May 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to you choice but you ‘should’ be interested to know that what people do resent is godbots like you judging them by your own mythology and threatening them with your choice. It’s absolutely meaningless to those you threaten other than advertising the fact that you can only justify your faith by issuing meaningless and empty threats.
girlfriend - if a dr diagnosis you correctly and gives you direction towards recovery, do you consider it a "threat"???:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229675 May 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Maybe there is a god that rewards non believers best of all.
You can't disprove this position.
<quoted text>
by His own words, i can prove that the God who revealed Himself by sending us His Son does NOT reward unbelief!

"....that whosoever WILL BELIEVE in Him shall not perish but will have eternal life" - Jesus

here's a thought: WHY NOT JUST SIMPLY BELIEVE/RECEIVE HIM AND LIVE?!?!

“too hard to handle”

Location hidden

#229676 May 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Why do supposedly all powerful deities need to followed and worshipped?
It doesn't make sense.
<quoted text>
Where in the bible does god say that he has a need to be followed and worshipped?

Where does it say he needs anything?

Why would an athiest attribute any human qualities ie needs to a god that does not exist?

“too hard to handle”

Location hidden

#229677 May 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who/what a person worships or not is up to them, only when they make it public can comment/criticism be made, you have made you faith public, get used to the criticism.
The word “venting” has implications of intolerance
Is it to much for you to say discussing, posting, commenting etc when you address a non christian in the same way you would with a christian?
"Venting" is just letting off steam. Releasing the pressures of life and it is quite healthy. Vent away, we are all doing it. It's good for the soul.

#229678 May 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
girlfriend - if a dr diagnosis you correctly and gives you direction towards recovery, do you consider it a "threat"???:-)
What a stupid moron you are. Since when does a doctor ever threaten hell for patients that don't agree with their diagnosis?

And I though you had got over your lust for me when you were told coverting a married woman seriously p!sses off your god

#229679 May 22, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
"Venting" is just letting off steam. Releasing the pressures of life and it is quite healthy. Vent away, we are all doing it. It's good for the soul.
Ahh but I was not "venting" yet you made a lying assumption because you believed it would belittle the atheist and get you extra god points. And now you are floundering while trying to dig yourself out of your self dug hole

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 104,442
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 672,821
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 445,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min servants of satan 981,134
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr Mylilsexcrete 19
Dem Libs Has Need Of Gay Rabbits 1 hr WTF 1
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 388
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Choir Loft 286,298
More from around the web