Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#229589 May 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not just the vicar of our church but the majority of the congregation.
My parents still live in the same village, when I visit I see looks of contrition and embarrassment on the faces of some of the older inhabitants and it is a joy to behold.
A few years ago the vicar tracked me down and apologised and asked be to rejoin his church, perhaps his last act of perceived good will before he retired, it would no doubt have eased his conscience in his old age.
Needless to say he was sent packing with a flea in his ear. How is it so easy for someone to simply apologise for causing years of abuse?
Another thing the religion teaches is that if a person apologises, you're in the wrong if you don't forgive them. Even if they don't sometimes.

Another Xian flaw.

You don't have to go down to the courthouse and listen to victim's impact statements, to know that it's a lot more complicated than that in real life.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229590 May 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly it was the kids, little bimbos.
One teacher I had had taught my brother too, when he was being a rebel. So he decided we were all a family of bad eggs - and tried to break this one. His background was German, so you can imagine the power trip, ie schadenfreude.
Eventually I got my revenge by marching like one in assembly and giving him a Hitler salute. He was so outraged!
It really does get better, eventually...
I often marvel at people passing a school during break times when all the kids are out in the playground and screaming at each other. They will often say ‘aww, just listen to the little dears’. It is obvious they cannot hear the threats and abuse that is actually being shouted…

I know it gets better, in so many ways. Thank goodness.

That German authority trip is so stereotypical. I was on a plane a couple of years ago, just landed at Manchester and the usual unbuckling of seat belts and opening the overhead lockers was going on, before the seat belts sign was switched off. The German cabin steward stood and shouted “sit down” and wonder of wonders, everyone did… I noted three Hitler style salutes from people disembarking in front of me.
terenchion

UK

#229591 May 21, 2014
athiests are not necessarily clever, but are not Meek, they are usually strong natured, and have strong opinions. most religious freeks are weedy or sickly, need a cushion to lean on, don't stand on their own two feet, need reassurance..

look at most of the vicars and priests take a close look, they all look like pedos.... all creepy looking.....!!!!!

Since: Apr 14

San German, Puerto Rico

#229592 May 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a grave error to attribute to God what people do to each other because of sin.
you're adding insult to injury to yourself for running to the devil with your complaints and sorrow rather then going to the Great Physician who truly cares!:-)
btw - i went to a public school where there was no pretense of religion and was still bullied and was also a bully there!:-)
Why do you equate complaining to running to the devil? And then you advise to run to the Big Daddy in the Sky! Tsk, tsk.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229593 May 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still making empty threats
i'm just putting together a simple equation so y'all can understand:

no God now = no God forever;

know God now = know God forever!

this is fair and just and according to every atheist's/gaytheist's wishes; no?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229594 May 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that your god is not in control of his creation? What sort of creator god do you worship?
please make up your fickle mind, christine!

if God is in control, he's an evil tyrrant!

if God gives free will, he's irresponsible!

you are free to choose no God, but you get the evil tyrrant satan as your master by default:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229595 May 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather see a sermon
than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me
than merely tell the way.
The eye's a better pupil
and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing,
but example's always clear
- Edgar A Guest
you need not look any further cuz Jesus is the Word/Sermon that you've been looking for Incarnate!

the person i initially heard the Gospel from died from scleroris of the liver and heroin addiction and another left his wife and is currently living with his girlfriend, but none of these things move me because Jesus is always faithful!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229596 May 21, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you equate complaining to running to the devil? And then you advise to run to the Big Daddy in the Sky! Tsk, tsk.
that's a fair question and i'd like to answer it:

because satan was the first whiney narcissist ever and his influence is felt by those who share his same disgraced nature!

"big sky daddy in sky"? are you referring to the 'science' so-called, which gaytheist's assume is some great cohesive entity with all the answers, rather than realizing it's just a bunch of angry assholes like all ya'll on these threads who are trying against hope to prove that there isn't a God???
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229597 May 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to butt in it is a fairly recent scientific concept born of the study of cosmology in combination with quantum theories and particle physics. It is known that the laws of thermodynamics could not coalesce until sometime after the universe came into existence (somewhere between 10^-35 to 10^-23 of a second after the event). Therefore the 2nd law dictates that the laws could have no baring in the previous creation of the universe. So it could be possible in pre cause and effect tiny fractions of a second for something to occur from nothing.
The latest scientific thinking is that the universe was created from a quantum event of unknown type but there is actually no scientific reason that it could not have been created from absolutely nothing.
However when you consider the word ‘void’ then it seems that godbots are quite content with the concept of something from nothing, yet they shout that it cannot be, except when there god does it by magic.
I wonder why none of them actually understand the wording of the babble.
I'm certainly open to all possibilities,,

until someone proves universe started from nothing I wont believe it,as its a heluva lots of Something to come from Nothing,,quite impossible to happen imho more likely theres some other multiverses from which our universe was born...
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229598 May 21, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oil industry is much too powerful to let electric cars take over.
Oil corps can go F themselves,
Unless price of gas drops drasticaly which is very unlikely to happen,people will go electric,
Electrics have no need for oil changes tune ups,etc,and its motors is 99% efficient costing maybe 2cents per mile to charge up..,not even diesel can beat that

http://youtu.be/Vms4NjBJbZI
Off road electric race cars
http://youtu.be/2qCu0XgpQzs

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#229600 May 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm just putting together a simple equation so y'all can understand:
no God now = no God forever;
know God now = know God forever!
this is fair and just and according to every atheist's/gaytheist's wishes; no?:-)
Explain to me which God? and why? also wth is a gaytheist? Do you even know what "theist"means.... yes google it.

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#229602 May 21, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certainly open to all possibilities,,
until someone proves universe started from nothing I wont believe it,as its a heluva lots of Something to come from Nothing,,quite impossible to happen imho more likely theres some other multiverses from which our universe was born...
No one knows "all"

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229605 May 21, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are wrong, and projecting your own gross ignorance.
I suggest you look up the meaning of Atheism in a dictionary, or ask someone who knows.
An atheist is someone who does not believe in deities.
Atheist religions have always existed and still exist. A good example is the Buddhist religion, which has many millions of followers, and which does not teach in the existence of deities but only in the existence of spirit beings of different levels. It is also thousands of years old, older than Christianity in fact.
So to make such a sweeping statement that atheist religions do not exist is simply gross ignorance on the subject and shows whose sanity is in doubt.
There are also regular atheist posters here who have declared that they are atheists but believe in spirits. Some even have declared that they see divinity in nature.
Nature worship is in fact a form of religion without particular gods or god, and again is as old as man himself.
I could go on teaching you about these basic facts concerning atheism and religion, which you are obviously ignorant of.
Another of your ignorant, or misinformed, statements is about the age of enlightenment and of reason. This does not mean that these enlightened people were atheists, because many of them were not. They just believed that reason should come before religious dogma.
So I suppose you have also never heard of people who believe in the existence of God but adhere to no particular religion.
You still have a lot to learn, I'm afraid.
It's an art but not a religion, when you take away the unknown.
To master something is an art, no mystery only mastery.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229606 May 21, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing can come out of nothing. And that is a scientific law.
Which is where science stops and belief in Something or Someone who is not physical started it all.
Which is the biggest proof of the existence of a creator God, whatever form HE/It/They had.
And this is where atheists simply shut up.
Are you really that stupid or just Trolling?

Belief in NOT proof of any god,no matter how much you wish it was..

And if something is not physical it doesn't exist..

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#229607 May 21, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that stupid or just Trolling?

Belief in NOT proof of any god,no matter how much you wish it was..

And if something is not physical it doesn't exist..
Trolling.

It's a troll.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#229608 May 21, 2014
A stupid one.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229609 May 21, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are wrong, and projecting your own gross ignorance.
I suggest you look up the meaning of Atheism in a dictionary, or ask someone who knows.
An atheist is someone who does not believe in deities.
Atheist religions have always existed and still exist. A good example is the Buddhist religion, which has many millions of followers, and which does not teach in the existence of deities but only in the existence of spirit beings of different levels. It is also thousands of years old, older than Christianity in fact.
So to make such a sweeping statement that atheist religions do not exist is simply gross ignorance on the subject and shows whose sanity is in doubt.
There are also regular atheist posters here who have declared that they are atheists but believe in spirits. Some even have declared that they see divinity in nature.
Nature worship is in fact a form of religion without particular gods or god, and again is as old as man himself.
I could go on teaching you about these basic facts concerning atheism and religion, which you are obviously ignorant of.
Another of your ignorant, or misinformed, statements is about the age of enlightenment and of reason. This does not mean that these enlightened people were atheists, because many of them were not. They just believed that reason should come before religious dogma.
So I suppose you have also never heard of people who believe in the existence of God but adhere to no particular religion.
You still have a lot to learn, I'm afraid.
Theres may be some so,called atheistic religions such as Budhism etc
However
atheism is stil NOT a religion

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229612 May 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I often marvel at people passing a school during break times when all the kids are out in the playground and screaming at each other. They will often say ‘aww, just listen to the little dears’. It is obvious they cannot hear the threats and abuse that is actually being shouted…
I know it gets better, in so many ways. Thank goodness.
That German authority trip is so stereotypical. I was on a plane a couple of years ago, just landed at Manchester and the usual unbuckling of seat belts and opening the overhead lockers was going on, before the seat belts sign was switched off. The German cabin steward stood and shouted “sit down” and wonder of wonders, everyone did… I noted three Hitler style salutes from people disembarking in front of me.
it's like that sometimes.

As for Germans...Why did Hitler commit suicide?
Because he got the gas bill.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229613 May 21, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly my point. If electric cars are cheaper to run, more environment friendly, more efficient and clean, and probably also cheaper to manufacture, why are they not replacing the benzene or gas cars?
Because even governments are held to ransom by the oil moguls, and would lose a lot of gas tax money if this happened.
Btw, the American phrase of Gas for petrolium or refined oil is a misnomer, because gas is a totally different thing. Europeans and other nations do not use "gas" in cars, but for cooking, heating and other things.
I'll agree with you there. Petrol, gasoline, whatever you call it is totally fking the environment and we have even fought oil wars this century.

But it's all about the bottom line.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229614 May 21, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where you got that.
That's exactly what Buddhists teach.
All that you mention here is in fact achieved through meditation.
It's because quiet meditation puts you in contact with your higher self, or spiritual self, which is part of the Universal Spirit.
Materialist atheists just don't know what they're missing.
Religious people, such as yourself cannot think out of religious context.
Mastery does not require religious thought only the will of a Knights resolve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Occams Raazor 80,998
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 701,818
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Sammy 223,323
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 995,847
Democrats Are Communists, Believe Me 3 hr Prince of Darkness 2
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 4 hr Choicerocks 10
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Prince of Darkness 448,427