Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 242936 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228847 May 9, 2014
Bad news for believers:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/04/18/j...

Sounds like the Vatican is taking one more step towards reality.
UidiotRAceMakewo rldPeace

United States

#228848 May 9, 2014
Eleanor Roosevelt

The Defining Years, p573

People have reached a point where anything which will save them from Communism is a godsend; and if Fascism or Nazism promises more security than our own democracy we may even turn to them.

Bhawhahahah ! We all seeing it in realistic detail ! YAY? Bahahhaaaaaaa
UidiotRAceMakewo rldPeace

United States

#228849 May 9, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Bad news for believers:
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/04/18/j...
Sounds like the Vatican is taking one more step towards reality.
The Vatican lives in such a large golden palace that fit for a king, at least if Vatican show some empathy for man kind, and just come down to earth for once and distribute most of their materialistic wealth to feed poor in need that live on less $1 US dollar day, like provide food and housing, there be less misery in the world like Africa...as many in third world arestarving , and extreme poverty runs rampant due to our greedy western nations plundering their raw resources, talents......
UidiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#228850 May 9, 2014
Bill Moyers, Blind Faith, InThese Times magazine, February 2005, p23

Nearly half of the members of Congress are backed by the religious right. Forty-five senators and 186 members of the 108th Congress earned 80 to 100 percent approval ratings from the three most influential[Christian-right advocacy groups.
UidiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#228851 May 9, 2014
Thomas Paine

Atheism, The Case Against God, George Smith, p200

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#228852 May 9, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
Thomas Paine
Atheism, The Case Against God, George Smith, p200
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
hi World :) who do you think will be the next potus ?
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#228853 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
hi World :) who do you think will be the next potus ?
Hello Andy! Not Opptimistic as U know the Voting system/Electoral College at the National Level is A Gamed System, that benefit top 1% only, and is Preselected already ahead of time for dumbed down masses! Hope that get you and many thinking! BAhahahhaaaaa!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#228854 May 9, 2014
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Andy! Not Opptimistic as U know the Voting system/Electoral College at the National Level is A Gamed System, that benefit top 1% only, and is Preselected already ahead of time for dumbed down masses! Hope that get you and many thinking! BAhahahhaaaaa!
i have just turned USA citizen recently. i am qualified to vote now. but my vote is useless, right ?

United States

#228855 May 9, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i have just turned USA citizen recently. i am qualified to vote now. but my vote is useless, right ?
YEP! Don't wnt to say to you!
But Quite a number of the American Affluent Class are Emigrating and renouncing their US Citizens and even US Middle Class Are also running for the hills , not only that Immigrant Professional class (In science/Tech/Math) from India , China... are returning home enmasses because of US Political/economic instability, Glass Ceilings, racism , to marking them as Terrorists, few jobs ,a US police state...
hope i'd did not dampen your spirit about this topic!

United States

#228856 May 9, 2014
Albert Einstein(1879-1955) German-born, Swiss-American scientist
The World as I See It (1934)

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.

United States

#228857 May 10, 2014
I really did a number on this thread, all religious fruitcake i sent you minion back to hell and is now trying to regroup on how to handle me , trying to bully lone wolf. OK bullies, i have some dinner of one of many delicious religious fruitcakes , while u try to regroup! AarOOOOOooooooo! bahahhahaaaa

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#228858 May 10, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. You forget, "Pass the divine dollar bill and the meth, ya big stud!"
Yeah, his ministerial career certainly vanished with a poof!

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#228859 May 10, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the dude who thinks he's married to Nanoanomaly. That's a man, you know?
Poor confused wittle waaasssuuup.
I couldn't think of 2 people who deserve each other more. Oh, unless they decided to have a menage a trois with Shrinky.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#228860 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..not gay ...No elucidations for you ...you sicko ..
Of course you're not! Most gay men are highly intelligent.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#228861 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Me can read ..I like puppies ..
It was Christendom who eradicated smallpox , it's Christendom who is spreading democracy , education ,....the list goes ' on ', but I don't wish to get everybody on this thread sexually aroused ..
*McEnroe voice*
You're not serious.

Smallpox was eradicated as a result of the work of Dr Edward Jenner. Christendom would have burned him @ the stake a few centuries earlier.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...
http://www.jenner.ac.uk/edwardjenner
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/edward_j...
http://www.jennermuseum.com/

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#228862 May 10, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I ain't got no mama now
I ain't got no mama now
She told me late last night, "You don't need no mama no how"
Mmm, mmm, black snake crawlin' in my room
Mmm, mmm, black snake crawlin' in my room
Some pretty mama better come and get this black snake soon
Ohh-oh, that must have been a bed bug, baby a chinch can't bite that hard
Ohh-oh, that must have been a bed bug, honey a chinch can't bite that hard
Ask my sugar for fifty cents, she said "Lemon, ain't a child in the yard"
Mama, that's all right, mama that's all right for you
Mama, that's all right, mama that's all right for you
Mama, that's all right, most seen all you do
Mmm, mmm, what's the matter now?
Mmm, mmm, honey what's the matter now?
Sugar, what's the matter, don't like no black snake no how
Mmm, mmm, wonder where my black snake gone?
Mmm, mmm, wonder where this black snake gone?
Black snake mama done run my darlin' home
Now that one's an oldie but a goodie.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228863 May 10, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>i have just turned USA citizen recently. i am qualified to vote now. but my vote is useless, right ?
Considering how you're likely to vote, less than useless.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228864 May 10, 2014
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
I really did a number on this thread, all religious fruitcake i sent you minion back to hell and is now trying to regroup on how to handle me , trying to bully lone wolf. OK bullies, i have some dinner of one of many delicious religious fruitcakes , while u try to regroup! AarOOOOOooooooo! bahahhahaaaa
4 point and some drugs is the tried and true way to handle people in your present state of mind.

We don't have to do anything but wait for your local authorities to become aware of and deal with you once you get out among the general public.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#228865 May 10, 2014
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-big-ban...

Americans not confident Big Bang or evolution is real, poll shows

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228866 May 10, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/am ericans-big-bang-evolution-ap- poll/
Americans not confident Big Bang or evolution is real, poll shows
Note the spin they try to put on it by presenting guesses, not facts, of "scientists" who derive their income from the investigation of those guesses as "facts". They then bemoan the fact that people will just not accept their proclamations as truth, and therefore then drop generous amounts in their collection plate. So you badmouth the competition.

Much of what you call science today is looking at things through a myopic lens aimed in one direction. No different than most established religions following a doctrine.

You pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

God made man, man makes clones. Ain't modern science and technology grand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min USA Born 595,590
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Zoltaire 852,804
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min juts fooky 444,010
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min Justise League 5,752
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Name appears on post 612,575
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Jac 100,563
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Hatheist Nightmare 53,422
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 720
More from around the web