Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#228902 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You're making my point for me ...Vietnam was unpopular as Hell , ergo ...America is *not* militaristic .
I point it out first and you accept it!

YEs US is militaristic

Our corrupted US is world Biggest exporters of Weapons./Arms to Dictators,, with over 100,000 Weapons/arms war/defensive Manufacturer , and US military Industrail Complex
ASSling BABY! look our Fascist warrinf US is way worst one on the block compare to many nations, always in perpetual warfares worldwide (covertly or overtley),as US sometimes needs a Boogey man and will invent one and Rile up us American s to believe we need to go to war whether real or with a imaginary enemy- have you ever heard of US war -for-profiteering eneterprises, and the US Manifest Destiny, PNAC agendas, American Exceptionalism ----a US Militaristic neo-imperalist empire , with over 900 plus US military bases all over the world causing dissensions and with the biggest Us naval force spanning 7 seas... and no wonder US is hated worldwide, US taxpayer hard earned money not well spend should had one to fixing up our DecrePIT infrastructures, and education and jobs need fixing, social programs in jeopardy.... Instead we spend trillions plus/year on Military and many wars, Military technology, RD... that don;t benefit society! Wake up stupid! Yu waarmongering baboon! ABhahahahhahahaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228903 May 10, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U do know that you have a "666 " on your forehead ! I don't acknowledge hell but your religion does seem to kowtow to hell! BAhahahahaaaa
You don't believe hell exists but you keep telling people they'll go to hell.

Genius.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228904 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:

Here you go again, only with more words.
We don't argue against god. We argue against the fundies who would force us to live by their belief in god.
Dolt.
Don't give me that crap. There's been countless times the you Topix Atheists! have said shit like "your god isn't real" or "hell doesn't exist".

You are most definitely arguing against God.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#228905 May 10, 2014
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>NO! Most Drugs No good for the Body, let Body heal naturally... No wonder you brain on drugs, no wonder you can't think straight... don't tell me you inject yourself with poisons everyday, drink koolaid, pop pills... I don't need drugs to feel good, I prefer physical exercise that give me energy...
I can see that English isn't your first language.

I think you've done such a good job getting this thread off track that you should go to another one a lot of these people hang out on, "Prove there's a god".

Link: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Do your magic, lol!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228906 May 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>How did the Bible get so much about creation right then?
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You meant "so much wrong", right?
You've ran like a sissy from a reasoned rebuttal.

Smile.

United States

#228907 May 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe hell exists but you keep telling people they'll go to hell.
Genius.
But you unholy xtain cult do! You have 666 on your forehead!

Bhahahahaaa

United States

#228908 May 10, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that English isn't your first language.
I think you've done such a good job getting this thread off track that you should go to another one a lot of these people hang out on, "Prove there's a god".
Link: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Do your magic, lol!
U english not that good either! i been there and i will go anywhere on topix! So BUTT out! Bahahaahahah Else you get my Wrath! Babababababaa

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228909 May 10, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>I point it out first and you accept it!
YEs US is militaristic
Our corrupted US is world Biggest exporters of Weapons./Arms to Dictators,, with over 100,000 Weapons/arms war/defensive Manufacturer , and US military Industrail Complex
ASSling BABY! look our Fascist warrinf US is way worst one on the block compare to many nations, always in perpetual warfares worldwide (covertly or overtley),as US sometimes needs a Boogey man and will invent one and Rile up us American s to believe we need to go to war whether real or with a imaginary enemy- have you ever heard of US war -for-profiteering eneterprises, and the US Manifest Destiny, PNAC agendas, American Exceptionalism ----a US Militaristic neo-imperalist empire , with over 900 plus US military bases all over the world causing dissensions and with the biggest Us naval force spanning 7 seas... and no wonder US is hated worldwide, US taxpayer hard earned money not well spend should had one to fixing up our DecrePIT infrastructures, and education and jobs need fixing, social programs in jeopardy.... Instead we spend trillions plus/year on Military and many wars, Military technology, RD... that don;t benefit society! Wake up stupid! Yu waarmongering baboon! ABhahahahhahahaaa
I don't really believe you're even interested in truth or honesty ...Somehow , believing you are talking truth to power gives you some kind of feeling of importance ..

The only "reason" you can even besmirch America is because she protects and grants your right to do so ..

America is the biggest weapon supplier "only" in the dollar sense ...Nations would rather have our high end weapon platforms , to protect their population because ours remains reliable and durable .

You ever heard of the AK-47 assault rifle ....??...that little bundle of joy is responsible for more deaths second only to abortion ......And , those arms having nothing to do with the United States ...

Las Vegas, NV

#228910 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again, only with more words.
We don't argue against god. We argue against the fundies who would force us to live by their belief in god.
Dolt.
Ah , you were born too late "Aerobatty" you missed the joys and wonders of living under the Stasi of East Germany or the KGB of the Soviets ....

( I always ask , when I read such posts ....What is it , that you wish to do that you feel Christians keep holding you back.....Hmmm?)

.....Never have I received a reply ....

United States

#228911 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..The problems with Africa have nothing to do with the West ...It's their rampant corruption and inhumanity towards one another ..We can't make them love each other ..!
Yes US/West are plunderer of Africa Raw Resources... Go and ask An Educated African about AFRICOM , they will want bullying US Militarism out of Africa....\\

Las Vegas, NV

#228912 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't look for it at all.
It was on my Facebook page.
..Well , How in the heck was I supposed to know that ..??

...You keep denying my 'friend' requests ...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228913 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ah , you were born too late "Aerobatty" you missed the joys and wonders of living under the Stasi of East Germany or the KGB of the Soviets ....

( I always ask , when I read such posts ....What is it , that you wish to do that you feel Christians keep holding you back.....Hmmm?)

.....Never have I received a reply ....
They don't hold me back from anything.

Well, except for expressing my disagreement with their beliefs and the reasons why.

I spent decades smiling politely and keeping my mouth shut. I still do, for that matter, most of the time.

You'll never know what it's like to be isolated like that.

I also have to live in constant fear that some Christian or Muslim lunatic is going to start a war or go ballistic.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#228914 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Your physical consciousness is physical action/reaction to physical stimuli. Somehow some get the idea their higher and more ethereal thoughts are the result of this. Some magical thing that happens that science hasn't been able to explain yet. But "they just know" some day it will. They have faith.
You go to sleep and your mind enters a different reality. But the awake consciousness "just knows" this is just spurious reactions to the physical world when sleep comes and the heavy sensory input is turned down. That is the "scientific" rationalization.
How many of you self described Topix atheists can explain your "higher thought", of which much goes against the physics of your existence? Physically you are an assembly of circuits arising from other assemblies following a physical plan trying to maintain coherency and survival in a swirling mass of energies. Many Topix atheists like to proclaim a superior morality and understanding, but much of it goes against the laws of nature. That strictly physical process they proclaim is their sole existence. I would love to hear them. In a coherent manner. You know, the nuts and bolt, not the coulds, maybe, and just is magic. Hard data supporting their view.
But that isn't the main purpose of this post.
As a physical creature you sprng from other physical creatures you are tied to. Life as a human being is a web of physical relationships. You live dependent on other humans. They are your source of life. They are the teat you can cling too all of your physical life. It is easy for some to worship that physical entity, the mass of mankind, as a God. However, there are no real gods among them. Just a bunch of fellow dummies thinking they have the answer. Scientist and preacher alike.
The physical world gave you a consciousness. An ability assumed to give you a certain amount of power over your pursuit of life and existence. The knowledge of good and evil. The ability to bend some things to your will. This consciousness is a life beyond the physical. A launching pad so to speak for you to pick your way through the fog and flying debris of this present existence to a more eternal and comfortable one. If you think you are existing now there is no reason to think you will cease to just because other dummies tell you so.
But first you have to get off that teat you think you are getting intellectual enlightenment from.
A falling seed is forever separated from the tree that dropped it. It can grow or not. The light of this planet and mankind shines only on this planet.
Let the rutabaga with wisdom understand.
:-)
There's my Dave.

USaWORLDBULLY War Monger

United States

#228915 May 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really believe you're even interested in truth or honesty ...Somehow , believing you are talking truth to power gives you some kind of feeling of importance ..
The only "reason" you can even besmirch America is because she protects and grants your right to do so ..
America is the biggest weapon supplier "only" in the dollar sense ...Nations would rather have our high end weapon platforms , to protect their population because ours remains reliable and durable .
You ever heard of the AK-47 assault rifle ....??...that little bundle of joy is responsible for more deaths second only to abortion ......And , those arms having nothing to do with the United States ...
You Biggest hypocrite! I don't lied ! You can take you War machines.weapons and dump it all into the ocean, good for World! BAbababababaaa

Here you go from our good leaders in Power Tell like it it! READ U Fundie WARMONGERS

Jim Garrison, New Orleans District Attorney, prosecutorÂ…"War is the biggest business in America.

'''''''''

Marilyn Young, historian

The U.S. can destroy Iraq's highways, but not build its own; create the conditions for epidemic in Iraq, but not offer health care to millions of Americans. It can excoriate Iraqi treatment of the Kurdish minority, but not deal with domestic race relations; create homelessness abroad but not solve it here; keep a half million troops drug free as part of a war, but refuse to fund the treatment of millions of drug addicts at home.... We shall lose the war after we have won it.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#228916 May 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>How did the Bible get so much about creation right then?
<quoted text>
You've ran like a sissy from a reasoned rebuttal.
Smile.
Apparently, Aero doesn't argue with idiots.

Smirk.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228917 May 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
They don't hold me back from anything.
Well, except for expressing my disagreement with their beliefs and the reasons why.

Do you realize that you just expressed your opinion about our beliefs after saying we hold you back from expressing your opinion about our beliefs?

Brilliant.
I spent decades smiling politely and keeping my mouth shut. I still do, for that matter, most of the time.
That's your choice.
You'll never know what it's like to be isolated like that.
You're right, I don't know what it's like to live in fear like you do.
I also have to live in constant fear that some Christian or Muslim lunatic is going to start a war or go ballistic.
HA! There's no reason to live in fear of that. Just be aware. I'm aware that some nutty Muslim or atheist could sneak up on me and beat me to death, but I'm not afraid of it.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#228918 May 10, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Your physical consciousness is physical action/reaction to physical stimuli. Somehow some get the idea their higher and more ethereal thoughts are the result of this. Some magical thing that happens that science hasn't been able to explain yet. But "they just know" some day it will. They have faith.
You go to sleep and your mind enters a different reality. But the awake consciousness "just knows" this is just spurious reactions to the physical world when sleep comes and the heavy sensory input is turned down. That is the "scientific" rationalization.
How many of you self described Topix atheists can explain your "higher thought", of which much goes against the physics of your existence? Physically you are an assembly of circuits arising from other assemblies following a physical plan trying to maintain coherency and survival in a swirling mass of energies. Many Topix atheists like to proclaim a superior morality and understanding, but much of it goes against the laws of nature. That strictly physical process they proclaim is their sole existence. I would love to hear them. In a coherent manner. You know, the nuts and bolt, not the coulds, maybe, and just is magic. Hard data supporting their view.
But that isn't the main purpose of this post.
As a physical creature you sprng from other physical creatures you are tied to. Life as a human being is a web of physical relationships. You live dependent on other humans. They are your source of life. They are the teat you can cling too all of your physical life. It is easy for some to worship that physical entity, the mass of mankind, as a God. However, there are no real gods among them. Just a bunch of fellow dummies thinking they have the answer. Scientist and preacher alike.
The physical world gave you a consciousness. An ability assumed to give you a certain amount of power over your pursuit of life and existence. The knowledge of good and evil. The ability to bend some things to your will. This consciousness is a life beyond the physical. A launching pad so to speak for you to pick your way through the fog and flying debris of this present existence to a more eternal and comfortable one. If you think you are existing now there is no reason to think you will cease to just because other dummies tell you so.
But first you have to get off that teat you think you are getting intellectual enlightenment from.
A falling seed is forever separated from the tree that dropped it. It can grow or not. The light of this planet and mankind shines only on this planet.
Let the rutabaga with wisdom understand.
Just to,point out how wrong you are you said...

"You go to sleep and your mind enters a different reality. "

WRONG

You go to sleep and your mind "exits" reality. There is no refuting this fact.
You have lost sensory input from reality, so you mind creates a false reality.
One that isn't real you know a dream. But it isn't reality in any way shape or form.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228919 May 10, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, Aero doesn't argue with idiots.

Smirk.
Oh, sometimes I do.

Smile

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228921 May 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just to,point out how wrong you are you said...
"You go to sleep and your mind enters a different reality. "
WRONG
You go to sleep and your mind "exits" reality. There is no refuting this fact.
You have lost sensory input from reality, so you mind creates a false reality.
One that isn't real you know a dream. But it isn't reality in any way shape or form.
You have never awakened from a dream and there was nothing around you to wake you up?

Something must have been real enough to you.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#228922 May 10, 2014
Something profound just occurred to me.

How agile the Topix atheist mind is. It can slalom through anything and hang the tightest hairpin curves at the speed of light to keep its focus on where it wants to go. It can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Remarkable ability to create it's own reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Peace_Warrior 619,253
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min truth 668,058
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 52 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,951
MIELE BAYRAMPASA SERVISI 2I2) 2O2 62 34 ) 2O2 6... 1 hr birimariza 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Richardfs 979,538
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 hr Das 87
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web