Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255310 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#228620 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem angry.
Have you shifted from a 'rational atheist' oxymoron to a English teacher? You know there are sites for that where people care.
Smile.
You seem angry.
Have you shifted from a 'loving Christian' oxymoron to a nihilist? You know there are sites where people don't care.
Spontaneously generate.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228621 May 8, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Women and children, take heed.
You must be on red alert today.
The Redneck is having one of his mood swings.
Do you remember when the Bubble Boy from. Riverside was all on about God being taken out of America and that is why things were sliding fast (ignoring that an omnipresence is, by definition, irremovable and that many metrics are better than they were in the 50s back when women and uppitys knew their place) and now he is all on about this is a nation full of wonderful Christians who just want to live and let live?

How can someone dwell in such a strange bubble?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228622 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Did your word salad spinner break? Need a Kohl's coupon?
It would be nice if you could dance or sing.

Your imitation of an intellect sucks.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228623 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
,yawn>
I hope you're not near any preachers when you gape your peehole like that. Those boys are the "any port in a storm" type. That kind of homosexuality will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Dave Half-Wit Nelson has been reduced to glib pettiness. I was really hoping for some philosophy.

"I am a stand up philosopher"

"Oh, a bullshit artist!"

HOTW.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228624 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
,yawn>
Keystroke error.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228627 May 8, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You should stop being wrong, then.
Only 25% of young adults in the UK believe in god. You're dying off.
Over half don't believe in any form of woo.
http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/06/24/british-y...
<quoted text>
I said nothing of the UK.

Nuts since you brought it up, notice that Christianity is rising incredibly fast in China, India and all over Africa?

So the UK dwindles.

Aww....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228628 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
I hope you're not near any preachers when you gape your peehole like that. Those boys are the "any port in a storm" type.
The 1.8% of priests that have been accused of it?

Ok.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#228629 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said.
He said that we Christians cannot allow you atheists to oppresses like you try to do. Like he said, everywhere we go you assholes are telling us that we're wrong. It's time you atheists grow up, mind your own business and live your own lives. For the infinitesimal group of people that you are, it's amazing how much you people that claim not to believe in God discuss God so much.
begging is not going to help your cause

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#228630 May 8, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the most grossly immature thinkers have the capacity to believe in satan.
If you believe in such fantasies, you truly have become like children.
so what capacity would you put those that believe the universe created itself( latest science shows universe had a beginning), then after that explode itself, and then some rocks turn into planets and then the dead rocks make themselves into a live small tadpole then that tadpole one day grow legs and one day turn into a man and a woman.

What capacity would you put people that believe such asinine fairy tale rubbish "teacher"?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228631 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do, every day.
No, unless you are claiming 'rational atheist' oxymorons are authentic demons.
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I was asserting the doctrine as espoused by Christians. It is not my fault you clowns can't come to agreement.
No you didn't.
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You misspelled winning, again,
I didn't attempt to spell that.

Three strikes, you're out. Again.

Snicker.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228632 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>What do you know of my community, weirdo?
Are you claiming that your community of 'rational atheist' oxymorons is any different that any other one?

You know. Attacking Christians while they are daily doing good.

Smile.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#228635 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuts since you brought it up, notice that Christianity is rising incredibly fast in China, India and all over Africa?
So the UK dwindles.
Aww....
Including "ministers and pastors" who are calling out young children as "witches" should not be included in your numbers.

IMO - if there are so-called "Christians" in Africa - they aren't very knowledgeable of the religion, nor do they practice it the way you seem to do. Africa for a new following is bullshite.

Please define the denominations that are increasing in Africa, Chine, and all around the world.

BTW - in reference to your Atheist dismissal in an earlier post. IMO - You are wrong. Your belief in Jesus and Christianity is nothing of what Jesus taught. Your ilk actually only claim -- only less than half of his teachings, in addition to utilizing less than half of the original 13 Apostles.

Please don't deny this, because you know very well this is a true statement.

Why do you support the growth of Christianity in Africa, knowing that many illegitimate preachers are causing children to be banished from their families?

So must condone this, if you are all hyped up about the increase of your religion in these countries.

What say you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228637 May 8, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That's a really huge percentage of abusers.
Imagine if 1.8% of Americans were serial killers.
There would be no society.
<quoted text>
"There are not over a 100 people in the U.S. that hate the Catholic Church, there are millions however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church - which is, of course, quite a different thing."

-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228638 May 8, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Including "ministers and pastors" who are calling out young children as "witches" should not be included in your numbers.
You're making wild accusations with no facts to back you up.

Dismissed as such.
IMO - if there are so-called "Christians" in Africa - they aren't very knowledgeable of the religion, nor do they practice it the way you seem to do. Africa for a new following is bullshite.
Why does it matter if they practice at the same way I do? All that matters is that they believe Jesus is their Lord and Savior and that He died on the cross for our sins.
Please define the denominations that are increasing in Africa, Chine, and all around the world.
Seriously? There talking about dozens and dozens and dozens. If you want that information, go look it up yourself.
BTW - in reference to your Atheist dismissal in an earlier post. IMO - You are wrong.
What atheist dismissal? I don't know what you're talking about.
Your belief in Jesus and Christianity is nothing of what Jesus taught.
Oh? And tell me, what is my belief in Jesus and Christianity? Please, be specific, since you think you know me so well.
Your ilk actually only claim -- only less than half of his teachings, in addition to utilizing less than half of the original 13 Apostles.
Yes, Christians ignore Gnostic teachings. We've been over this time and time again, dude.
Please don't deny this, because you know very well this is a true statement.
Again, Christians do ignore the Gnostic teachings. That is true.

We always have.
Why do you support the growth of Christianity in Africa, knowing that many illegitimate preachers are causing children to be banished from their families?
Umm.... What?
So must condone this, if you are all hyped up about the increase of your religion in these countries.
What say you?
I can't sit here and say that I condone all "forms" of Christianity. For example, what the WBC preaches is atrocious, their "God hates fags" signs should be shoved up their asses. But then, after hating on the WBC, I remember that they are a congregation of only about 40 people, not a threat, not a problem. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights say that they have the right to choose their beliefs. So do atheists and Gnostics. So long as their beliefs are not violating other people's Constitutional rights, we are all free to believe whatever the hell we want to believe.

You choose to believe Gnostic teaching, I don't. That's fine and that has to be fine. You have to get over it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#228639 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Dave doesn't hide behind false names and pictures like you do. He's the real deal.

But I can understand your need for a false front.
Were you by any chance constipated when that photo was taken?

Paw Paw does the trick.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#228640 May 8, 2014
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>so what capacity would you put those that believe the universe created itself( latest science shows universe had a beginning), then after that explode itself, and then some rocks turn into planets and then the dead rocks make themselves into a live small tadpole then that tadpole one day grow legs and one day turn into a man and a woman.
What capacity would you put people that believe such asinine fairy tale rubbish "teacher"?
Tarzan not understand this thing call science we see.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#228641 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So the UK dwindles.
Aww....
Ah so, cheap stuff in store , me believe ... now you pay cash.
Me so happy, have love of Jesus!

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228642 May 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you by any chance constipated when that photo was taken?
Paw Paw does the trick.
Post a picture of yourself. A real one.

Then get back to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228643 May 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Ah so, cheap stuff in store , me believe ... now you pay cash.
Me so happy, have love of Jesus!
Okaaaaay.....

Lay of the hash, brother.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#228644 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Post a picture of yourself. A real one.
Then get back to me.
You can't afford her....

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusions ... 641,604
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Ex Lesbian 38,243
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Brian_G 969,972
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min WasteWater 18,703
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min WasteWater 280,887
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 30 min USA-1 38,354
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min Anna 104,698
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Not religious 44,389
More from around the web