Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255314 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228597 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Congatulations on finding the only avatar uglier than mine and more disturbing than Buck Crick's.
Dave doesn't hide behind false names and pictures like you do. He's the real deal.

But I can understand your need for a false front.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228599 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't invoke imaginary demons. There are enough real demons, like you, to be concerned about.
Neither do I evoke false demons.

However you were falsely asserting Christians doctrine.

Oh, and whining again.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228600 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Angry? Hardly. I just don't like to see you make a fool of yourself in a public place. I'm not a Christian. I care about others.
Right, we see clear evidence of that in your posts, and in your own community.

Your blind denial makes it so easy to nick 'rational atheist' oxymorons.

Smile

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228601 May 8, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
atheist are now 18% of america
nearly an intellectual majority
It is not correct. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are approximately 308,747,716 people in the United States.

http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableserv...

Also according to the US Census Bureau, there are exactly 1,621 people that identified themselves as atheists.

https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/...

Do the math, only 0.000005% of Americans identify themselves as atheists.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#228603 May 8, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..whoa..?!...Don't be a hater ' pharmaceuticals ' make billions , obviously they are doing something right and worthwhile .
really - just cuz billions of $$$ are being made, that means they're doing something right???

remember that in all of the ancient world only Noah and his family (8 people in all) were doing things right: "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end" - Jesus

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228604 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
While I am in a poetic mode.

Topix atheists and the fundies they so love to denigrate share the same approach to life, wisdom, and happiness.

They both follow the yellow brick road someone told them to follow.

Check the color of your shoes before you go hiking down that road.
Really Dave.

You don't see the irony?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228605 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly who dragged me to an atheist church when I was a young lad and told me if I didn't believe I was going to make Jesus cry and then burn in Hell forever? You're a weirdo,
Really.

He doesn't get that we walked OFF the path everybody else, including him, was getting dragged down whether they wanted or not.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228607 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"Liberals want us to believe that America is a secular nation, but it isn’t. This is a Christian nation, and there [isn't] any denying that, Christians are persecuted every single day in this country, every time one of these atheists start flapping their gums. We can’t worship in peace without some liberal atheist voicing their opinions, telling us we’re wrong. That’s oppressive. And we aren’t going to let the Smithsonian celebrate that oppression with a museum exhibition. No way."

I agree.
So atheism should be suppressed.

That's what I thought.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#228608 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave doesn't hide behind false names and pictures like you do. He's the real deal.
But I can understand your need for a false front.
You posed as a Trog for how many posts? How many Dave Nelson's are in 'Murica? You're nuttier than a fruitcake.

Have you seen the violence the Christians in here proscribe against non-believers?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228609 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a painful case of hemorrhoids.
<quoted text>
We can understand how that affects your thinking ability in addition to physical discomfort. Would be hard to concentrate and come up with something coherent under such conditions.
We? Is that Trog now in your pocket? Are the voices in your head competing for the word salad spinner?

Your comebacks are as witless as your philosophy and as tenuous as your grasp of reality. Your tokhes must be jealous of the amount of drek that comes out of that vast vacuum between your oyern.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228610 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do I evoke false demons.
However you were falsely asserting Christians doctrine.
Oh, and whining again.
Smirk.
Sure you do, every day. I was asserting the doctrine as espoused by Christians. It is not my fault you clowns can't come to agreement. You misspelled winning, again, "loving Christian" oxymoron.

Vomit.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228611 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, we see clear evidence of that in your posts, and in your own community.
Your blind denial makes it so easy to nick 'rational atheist' oxymorons.
Smile
What do you know of my community, weirdo?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228612 May 8, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So atheism should be suppressed.
That's what I thought.
That's not what he said.

He said that we Christians cannot allow you atheists to oppresses like you try to do. Like he said, everywhere we go you assholes are telling us that we're wrong. It's time you atheists grow up, mind your own business and live your own lives. For the infinitesimal group of people that you are, it's amazing how much you people that claim not to believe in God discuss God so much.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#228613 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said.
He said that we Christians cannot allow you atheists to oppresses like you try to do. Like he said, everywhere we go you assholes are telling us that we're wrong. It's time you atheists grow up, mind your own business and live your own lives. For the infinitesimal group of people that you are, it's amazing how much you people that claim not to believe in God discuss God so much.
Women and children, take heed.

You must be on red alert today.

The Redneck is having one of his mood swings.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#228614 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what he said.

As soon as you Christians grow up, mind your own business and live your own lives, maybe we can stop these discussions.

Hypocrite.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228615 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>We? Is that Trog now in your pocket? Are the voices in your head competing for the word salad spinner?
Your comebacks are as witless as your philosophy and as tenuous as your grasp of reality. Your tokhes must be jealous of the amount of drek that comes out of that vast vacuum between your oyern.
,yawn>

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228616 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said.
Oh my, the irony. Nothing gets in your bubble.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228617 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
,yawn>
Did your word salad spinner break? Need a Kohl's coupon?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228618 May 8, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Women and children, take heed.
You must be on red alert today.
The Redneck is having one of his mood swings.
"She deserved a beating. She brought it on herself. I have dominion over her body. The Bible tells me so." - the Bubble Boy from Riverside, CA.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228619 May 8, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
He doesn't get that we walked OFF the path everybody else, including him, was getting dragged down whether they wanted or not.
Well, I was never on it. They tried, but, I saw the nonsense from the word go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 38,724
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min atemcowboy 641,934
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min WasteWater 280,917
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 13 min UnderstandPeople 399
Play "end of the word" part 2 14 min WasteWater 1,741
ISRAEL, EU to 'GIVE' POPE Authority of 3rd Temple 17 min WelbyMD 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min dr shrink 44,464
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min WasteWater 104,770
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr PELE78 970,113
More from around the web