Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255231 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228570 May 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a different story, you're a bona fide POS.
I prefer being called a near senile old jackass.

Smile.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228571 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer being called a near senile old jackass.

Smile.
You're well into senility.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#228572 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, that is the real Dave Nelson as of yesterday. Got a haircut.
I'm tired of monkeying around.
Bring back the chimp, Trog! It was much better looking.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228573 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer being called a near senile old jackass.
Smile.
I'd prefer to find at least one literate Christian on Topix. Today's lesson?

Compound Modifiers

A Hyphenated Modifier refers to when one connects two adjectives or adverbs together using hyphens. Using modifiers before items in a series can play the role of emphasizing their effect.

"near-senile old jackass"

Tomorrow we'll investigate using commas to separate adjectives in a series.

"near-senile, old jackass"

Next week's lesson will be about truth in self-representation.

Snigger

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228575 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I mock 'rational atheist' oxymorons like you. A verbal wack to the head with the intent to shame you out of stupidity.
But instead of admitting your foolishness,'rational atheist' oxymorons pretend I'm not here.
How's that working out for you?
Snicker smile.
You're definitely not "all there", but, where ever you are, I'm glad it's not here. How's that "loving Christian" oxymoron working out for you, Champ?

Contort

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228576 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
240 "can" kill you.
It "will" kill you if the connections are right.
I've had 600 volts pass hand to hand, and all points between, including teeth and brain pass through me.
Get an education.
That explains so much. I'd wager the brain passage took the least amount of time.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228578 May 8, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is a volt?
The "monitors" can read.
Lol.
Dave's monitor is monitoring him. His webcam has been hacked by the Bilderberg. Group. Right now, in a secret Skull and Bones lair in Bohemian Grove, CA, they are dressed as Druids and dreaming of a way to get 240 volts to pass through Dave's brain, again. The last time that happened, they got to start the first Gulf War.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228579 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>That explains so much. I'd wager the brain passage took the least amount of time.
Of course it would. More mass to travel through. More circuits to transverse.

It would take more than 600v to jump that air gap in your head.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228580 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>But, but, but Christians are just full of the love of Geee Zeus!
Have you seen this? It would seem even Christians are fed up.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5279535

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#228581 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Dave's monitor is monitoring him. His webcam has been hacked by the Bilderberg. Group. Right now, in a secret Skull and Bones lair in Bohemian Grove, CA, they are dressed as Druids and dreaming of a way to get 240 volts to pass through Dave's brain, again. The last time that happened, they got to start the first Gulf War.
Scoff. Blather. Wow.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#228582 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Dave's monitor is monitoring him. His webcam has been hacked by the Bilderberg. Group. Right now, in a secret Skull and Bones lair in Bohemian Grove, CA, they are dressed as Druids and dreaming of a way to get 240 volts to pass through Dave's brain, again. The last time that happened, they got to start the first Gulf War.
Oh, and.. laughter.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228583 May 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your default, fail safe position always malice?
How about you shocking us with just a little kindness.
[Tipping hat]
WARNING! WARNING, The irony meter above your computer monitor is about to explode! Hypocrite.

Alamosa, CO

#228584 May 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no malice Eagle, only sarcasm. I happen to know many people who experience trauma of any kind, in fact do sometimes become highly religious.
This is a frailty of the human psyche. However with Dave it was a joke, as he comes up with some incredibly strange ideas about science mixed with spiritualism, or pseudoscientific
ideas that scream the "Did you hit your head on something Dave" attitude.
"Spiritualism" is part of the whole experience, Orally.

Your perception of science is projecting a grid, a pattern, lines that everything has to fit in. That takes a leap of faith that you drew the correct pattern. You created series of dots that can only be connected in a certain way.

Things exist behind the lines you created blocking your view.

Concrete can be formed into varying geometric shapes, which in turn determine how you construct your world.

You need some more poetry in your life.

Location hidden

#228585 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I'd prefer to find at least one literate Christian on Topix. Today's lesson?
Compound Modifiers
A Hyphenated Modifier refers to when one connects two adjectives or adverbs together using hyphens. Using modifiers before items in a series can play the role of emphasizing their effect.
"near-senile old jackass"
Tomorrow we'll investigate using commas to separate adjectives in a series.
"near-senile, old jackass"
Next week's lesson will be about truth in self-representation.
Snigger
You seem angry.

Have you shifted from a 'rational atheist' oxymoron to a English teacher? You know there are sites for that where people care.

Smile.

Location hidden

#228586 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You're definitely not "all there", but, where ever you are, I'm glad it's not here. How's that "loving Christian" oxymoron working out for you, Champ?
Contort
You mean like, "Get thee behind me Satan?"

Smile.

Alamosa, CO

#228587 May 8, 2014
While I am in a poetic mode.

Topix atheists and the fundies they so love to denigrate share the same approach to life, wisdom, and happiness.

They both follow the yellow brick road someone told them to follow.

Check the color of your shoes before you go hiking down that road.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228588 May 8, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My second question, does a narcissist know that he/she is narcissistic?
Apparently, no, as you are clueless. Just that post, especially with the lead of declaring to not be judgmental, fulfills at least five of the criteria you illustrated.

Why didn't you offer that post to RR or KiMare? It fits them much better. Ah, Catcher isn't a Christian so he is beneath you?

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING...The replacement irony meter on your monitor is about to explode! Christian hypocrites abound!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228589 May 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like, "Get thee behind me Satan?"
Smile.
No, I don't invoke imaginary demons. There are enough real demons, like you, to be concerned about.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#228590 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
While I am in a poetic mode.
Topix atheists and the fundies they so love to denigrate share the same approach to life, wisdom, and happiness.
They both follow the yellow brick road someone told them to follow.
Check the color of your shoes before you go hiking down that road.
Exactly who dragged me to an atheist church when I was a young lad and told me if I didn't believe I was going to make Jesus cry and then burn in Hell forever? You're a weirdo,

Alamosa, CO

#228591 May 8, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, no, as you are clueless. Just that post, especially with the lead of declaring to not be judgmental, fulfills at least five of the criteria you illustrated.
Why didn't you offer that post to RR or KiMare? It fits them much better. Ah, Catcher isn't a Christian so he is beneath you?
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING...The replacement irony meter on your monitor is about to explode! Christian hypocrites abound!
Is it a painful case of hemorrhoids that compels you to express yourself in the fashion you do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Too Fine 104,551
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min LAWEST100 618,274
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 280,840
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min nanoanomaly 969,778
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 21 min USA-1 38,312
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min good advice 44,257
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 51 min Osmius 37,128
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 640,985
More from around the web