Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#228235 May 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but it may interest you to know that ancient native North American peoples have oral histories which include telling of visions received hundreds of years ago which talk of one person standing on the shore of Turtle Island (North America) and talking to a person standing on the shore of Africa and both were speaking into and using their "talking stones".
Is your 4G LTE using quartz crystal technology?
I don't know. I haven't broken it yet.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#228236 May 3, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Try harder.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228237 May 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
At 12 years old I chiseled my name and a picture into a cliff face. At 14 I painted a mural on my bedroom wall, what was it about ?
Tell me what it meant.
That was about your parents not paying any attention to you.

That was a Ben cry for attention.

Location hidden

#228238 May 3, 2014
My grandson went to an audition for Ender's Game on a lark with my granddaughter, who is a few years younger, and wound up as an uncredited extra. My granddaughter is the aspiring star, and was crushed by that. But they didn't really have a slot for her age group in the movie.

Good movie, though you need to watch a few times to pick up some things.

My grandson has several appearances in it, but the best are as one of the launchies wearing the yellow jumpsuits in the beginning. When Ender enters the transport to go to battle school you will see him as the Asian looking young man slouched down at the far right in the front row. Next will be when Sgt Dapp enters the squad room for the first time. He will be the tall thin young man at the very back on the right. A fairly good closeup will occur in that scene when Dapp walks to the back. Another is late during Ender's pushups. His Asian appearance is much less pronounced without the haircut, and wearing the glasses Nelson genes require. His mother's side doesn't need them.

Actually he should have played Ender. That is no doting Grandpa saying that. Would have been no strain on him. Totally natural.:-)

But he has more important things to do in coming years. My granddaughter will be the star, but not in movies. Both on levels unrealized to date. Neither is your garden variety human product.

I did OK in this life.

:-)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#228240 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, those in Australia got on Facebook and shared it with those in northern Europe, right?
How else would they have done it, oh wise yoda?
Petroglyphs could have even preceded cave art. The caves offered protection from weathering. Was much easier pecking rocks with other rocks than learning how to make and use pigments. Of course, splattered blood could have preceded even the rock pecking.
No because lots people tend believe things ...despite the evidence. they also mostly do not stay up to date on current events, except when the codex der fake fundie sucker scroll is presented. Then you jump on it like....a fly on ....

Location hidden

#228241 May 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No because lots people tend believe things ...despite the evidence. they also mostly do not stay up to date on current events, except when the codex der fake fundie sucker scroll is presented. Then you jump on it like....a fly on ....
Shhhh....you are drawing flies.

Who said anything about codexes, etc except for you?

Current events? Is that where one group of scientists disprove the truth the previous group professed with their proof? Another new and exciting(send money) discovery in the wonderful world of Scienceland?

Who has to go the the lake to reel in the suckers. They gather around the TV set just waiting.

Real scientists don't make the pronouncements and absolutes you proclaim they do. Switch channels. QVC will give you more value.

Let me tell you a reality about the human world, little Aura. You can have one man with the right idea and right intentions and have a few dozen setting up shop speaking the lingo but not understanding it and reinterpreting to suit themselves reeling in the rubes like you. Goes for science and religion in addition to a variety of other interests, like politics.

Learn to discern. That is the first step to being intelligent. Good luck in your endeavor.

Location hidden

#228242 May 3, 2014
http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_pr...

Kind of a description of the neo-atheist crowd. The most accurate in the comments section.

Location hidden

#228243 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhh....you are drawing flies.
Who said anything about codexes, etc except for you?
Current events? Is that where one group of scientists disprove the truth the previous group professed with their proof? Another new and exciting(send money) discovery in the wonderful world of Scienceland?
Who has to go the the lake to reel in the suckers. They gather around the TV set just waiting.
Real scientists don't make the pronouncements and absolutes you proclaim they do. Switch channels. QVC will give you more value.
Let me tell you a reality about the human world, little Aura. You can have one man with the right idea and right intentions and have a few dozen setting up shop speaking the lingo but not understanding it and reinterpreting to suit themselves reeling in the rubes like you. Goes for science and religion in addition to a variety of other interests, like politics.
Learn to discern. That is the first step to being intelligent. Good luck in your endeavor.
After thinking about what you wrote , the appropriate response is...

&fe ature=kp

Gfy repeatedly, you can dream it was me.

Seriously though Dave..everything doesn't have to be condescending.
I'm a old man, not some young whippersnapper like ya buddy VIKING CAVEMAN .

Location hidden

#228244 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://michaelprescott.typepad .com/michael_prescotts_blog/20 14/04/guerrillas-in-our-midst. html
Kind of a description of the neo-atheist crowd. The most accurate in the comments section.
This one's better..

Location hidden

#228245 May 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Huh...? Ravens are related to crows ....in what sense ?
BECAUSE THEY"RE BOTH F**KING BIRDS ..?
Man , "NightSerf" you have really keen observational skills ...
Ravens are Crows
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#228246 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists, and admittedly others not using that brand, have a fundamental flaw in their higher mental functions. They can't understand processes, just "things". "Things" must be delivered to them pre-packaged for them to function on at least some level.
They are like a gas water heater that doesn't stay lit. You can push that button all day and the pilot light never lights, or it does light but goes out when you release the valve. You just get no useful hot water out of them. All that potential and they just won't fire up.
Usually those things will work if you ensure the thermocouple connections are good, clean and complete, Mankind has made some pretty reliable physical components that just need some adjusting to function properly. Total failure of components or manufacuring defects are actually not that common. However, such usually requires some disassembly and knowledge to diagnose and reassemble. Some corrosion in the thermocouple connections is usually the case, usually effected by the environment and length of exposure to it.
The Grand Plumber has the same issue with mankind.
So much for a Perfect Designer eh buckyboy!

Location hidden

#228247 May 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
After thinking about what you wrote , the appropriate response is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kT-K5hQl834XX&feature=kp
Gfy repeatedly, you can dream it was me.
Seriously though Dave..everything doesn't have to be condescending.
I'm a old man, not some young whippersnapper like ya buddy VIKING CAVEMAN .
You are an old man, eh? Glad you told us that. Never would have guessed it.

I forgot to point out in that post that you make associations, automatically, of various aspects of the existential condition and poo poo them all together. You lump too many things in the same pile. Just like you were trained to. Suits your master well. Keeps you from digging for those little tidbits of truth buried in most things that interfere with their uses for you.

Treasure is never handed to you on a silver platter. Nor "The Truth". Bait can be.

Location hidden

#228248 May 3, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for a Perfect Designer eh buckyboy!
You have never heard me refer to a perfect designer. I am quite sure the Creator made some mistakes. Look at you, for example.

The plumbing in your brain got clogged in some key places, interfering with your functionating. Here is an example.

God made mistakes he fessed up to in the Bible. Where did you get the being perfect from? Or the poofing?

Be careful about the stuff you let into your pipes.

Location hidden

#228249 May 3, 2014
Some people cast their bread on the water just to feed the fishies. Most others cast it with a hook in it. If a juicy worm is chunked out there it is almost guaranteed to have that hook and line attached.

Be careful what you bite down on, and how.

Location hidden

#228250 May 3, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Hymen's are tough that way...

Location hidden

#228251 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never heard me refer to a perfect designer. I am quite sure the Creator made some mistakes. Look at you, for example.
The plumbing in your brain got clogged in some key places, interfering with your functionating. Here is an example.
God made mistakes he fessed up to in the Bible. Where did you get the being perfect from? Or the poofing?
Be careful about the stuff you let into your pipes.
The Topix Atheist! always infer that if a perfect God created humans, we would also be perfect.

Location hidden

#228252 May 3, 2014

Location hidden

#228253 May 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix Atheist! always infer that if a perfect God created humans, we would also be perfect.
They have a tendency to be wannabes. Just sour grapes.

Location hidden

#228254 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an old man, eh? Glad you told us that. Never would have guessed it.
I forgot to point out in that post that you make associations, automatically, of various aspects of the existential condition and poo poo them all together. You lump too many things in the same pile. Just like you were trained to. Suits your master well. Keeps you from digging for those little tidbits of truth buried in most things that interfere with their uses for you.
Treasure is never handed to you on a silver platter. Nor "The Truth". Bait can be.

But your belly is full of "FOOLS" gold , you took what you wanted from the salad bar, hook line and plunker.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228255 May 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Topix atheists, and admittedly others not using that brand, have a fundamental flaw in their higher mental functions. They can't understand processes, just "things". "Things" must be delivered to them pre-packaged for them to function on at least some level.

They are like a gas water heater that doesn't stay lit. You can push that button all day and the pilot light never lights, or it does light but goes out when you release the valve. You just get no useful hot water out of them. All that potential and they just won't fire up.

Usually those things will work if you ensure the thermocouple connections are good, clean and complete, Mankind has made some pretty reliable physical components that just need some adjusting to function properly. Total failure of components or manufacuring defects are actually not that common. However, such usually requires some disassembly and knowledge to diagnose and reassemble. Some corrosion in the thermocouple connections is usually the case, usually effected by the environment and length of exposure to it.

The Grand Plumber has the same issue with mankind.
You are using a lot of words lately.

You've gone from word salad to verbal diarrhea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,831
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Robert F 545,068
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Pegasus 260,192
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Lon Spector 601,418
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 95,758
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Get a Clue 118,287
What Does America Owe Rush Limbaugh? 1 hr Ed Teach 6
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 hr sandeeprajj 978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE