Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227706 Apr 29, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
KimAIRhead..You're just another stupid
Internet Troll
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives through those they see as strong and successful.
Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.
For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration;
their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response
How to recognize trolls
Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point.
Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation.
However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone.
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship.
If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.
If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.
The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.
There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are more likely to ignore posts known to be from women.
And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.
This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.
Thank you for proving 'rational atheists' are oxymoron trolls.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227707 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
are you talking about MOI?!
have you ever heard about the BLOOD OF THE LAMB OF GOD? yeah, it cleanses and covers us from all sin!
those who depise & reject It will be guilty of shedding innocent blood and for all the evil that men do under the sun!
How barbaric, lets all smear f...ing blood all over us to cleanse us all from..........what? sin? WTF is sin? Oh, you mean like swearing or missing church on Sunday, shit like that right.

"Good men will do good things, evil men will to evil things, but to get a good man to do evil things.........That takes religion."
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227708 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the alternative - that i should believe you know more than the holy patriarchs, prophets and apostles of old who were personally visited by God???
like i said - i ain't buy'n the BS you're trying to sell:-)
No one was"Visited" by God, what an assclown. You can't even define what God is. You have NO information that is demonstrable that God has done anything let alone "visit" someone. Did they have tea and crumpets, catch up on the hot babes of the day? Talk about not buy'n the BS you are trying to sell, too funny!!!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227709 Apr 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy Paste.
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php...
So intelligent yet cannot cite the source?
Read it and weep assclown!!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227710 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. You refer to it when you mention the Alien. You were hiding for a week after I challenged you on it.
SMile.
Oh yeah, you asked me if I believed Aliens predicted that God would murder thousands of innocent little children. I think I told you those same Aliens contacted me and told me God did this all on his own. They are actually very nice Aliens, love pistachio ice cream, who knew!!!!

Location hidden

#227711 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. You refer to it when you mention the Alien. You were hiding for a week after I challenged you on it.
SMile.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, you asked me if I believed Aliens predicted that God would murder thousands of innocent little children. I think I told you those same Aliens contacted me and told me God did this all on his own. They are actually very nice Aliens, love pistachio ice cream, who knew!!!!
You are lying again.

Why do you need to lie?

What place does a liar like you have in judging others? You have no credibility. You are simply an idiot with a foul mouth.

A typical 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227712 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?
What place does a liar like you have in judging others? You have no credibility. You are simply an idiot with a foul mouth.
No, I'm not lying, thats what the Aliens told me. You believe in Aliens right? You said the made predictions in the bible. One of the things they predicted was that God would murder many innocent babies. Why is this so hard for you to believe?

You're right, I lied about them liking pistachio ice cream, sorry!!

Location hidden

#227713 Apr 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not lying, thats what the Aliens told me. You believe in Aliens right? You said the made predictions in the bible. One of the things they predicted was that God would murder many innocent babies. Why is this so hard for you to believe?
You're right, I lied about them liking pistachio ice cream, sorry!!
Now you are just showing your age and stupidity.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#227714 Apr 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy Paste.
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php...
So intelligent yet cannot cite the source?
Hypocrite, quit copy/pasting will you.

Location hidden

#227715 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?
Get some new material to *spam* us with.
http://imgur.com/m9oroOH

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#227716 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several parrots, including an African grey, which I have owned since the day she hatched. That's 18 years ago.
She has at least a 150-word vocabulary, and puts together some sentences (on her own, not mimicry) that constantly surprise the heck out of us. She somewhat runs the house, including the other parrots and dogs as well. Sometimes she's too mischievous......
Several years ago, a friend stopped in to visit and brought her dog. After a brief visit in the living room, everyone headed to the kitchen, forgetting the animals for the moment. After a
couple of minutes, there was the loudest screaming imaginable, the grey shrieking "(my name), help, please help!. Now! C'mon!" The dog had jumped on the sofa and was trying to get to her.
There's also a double yellow-headed Amazon female, 45 years old, does some great operatic bits in addition to a pretty well established vocabulary.

Both birds have excellent diction and distinctly clear speech.
Seriously, I had a golden retriever who would try to speak to me. It's. Amazing when stuff like that happens.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#227717 Apr 29, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Get Adblock Plus.
Experiments are over.
Can you hover now?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227718 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just showing your age and stupidity.
..I always answer ...In 'french'...Voila'...

Location hidden

#227719 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some new material to *spam* us with.
http://imgur.com/m9oroOH
Really??? You are siding with a foul mouth chickenshiite???

You excuse her last series of posts???

Moreover, you call me to task for calling her on challenging me and then running from it when cornered? Then lying about it?

Do you even begin to see how your denial has twisted your brain into mush???

Amazingly stupid.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#227720 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a murderer. the Bible is written by man. anyone can write anything in that book. and the Bible is not written or the word of God.
God is can do better than that. God helps, God heals, and God gives guidance.
God made Hell.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#227721 Apr 29, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be under a steady delusion that there is something respectable about your belief system
There is NOT.
christianity is a failed moral system
you particular belief set is merely what ever favors you.
your personal morals are despicable, worthy only of derision.
..actually ...It's the best on Earth .

Jesus said " do not judge ".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#227722 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>what's the alternative - that i should believe you know more than the holy patriarchs, prophets and apostles of old who were personally visited by God???

like i said - i ain't buy'n the BS you're trying to sell:-)
And nobody's buying the BS you're trying to sell.

At least andet exhibits some level of reason.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#227723 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>yep - just what the world needs, 1 more religion coming from you!
What if there are as many religions in the world as there are people?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#227724 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>With utmost respect to man's closest living relatives, you are one sad, pathetic little monkey.
Monkeys have more human qualities than waaaasshole.

Location hidden

#227725 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?

Really??? You are siding with a foul mouth chickenshiite???

You excuse her last series of posts???

Moreover, you call me to task for calling her on challenging me and then running from it when cornered? Then lying about it?

Do you even begin to see how your denial has twisted your brain into mush???

Amazingly stupid.
Nah, I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying, because I don't really care.

My response was to you being stuck on repeat, reset your programming or something.

At least with this post you didn't refer to an Atheist as an oxymoron so, congrats.

Grins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Hypocrite watch 79,782
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr candlesmell 701,499
Gay snap eh 2 hr Lopez_nator21 13
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 4 hr Joe Fortuna 719
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Devil number 666 448,392
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 6 hr thadv14 1
Best cosplay costumes online shop 6 hr Cosplay007 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752