Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227404 Apr 27, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, what a charmer you are. Speculating about another stranger, eh? Christians are creepy.
Why, yes, yes, they are. The Bind Torture Kill killer was a deacon, a pillar of Society, a church leader

He is replicated year round.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#227405 Apr 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. You are barely educated. That is why you believe fairy stories are real.
You are no more than a child throwing a temper tantrum when someone tells them Santa isn't real.
That one is a total retard. No. 4 probably refers to his mental age.

LOL

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227406 Apr 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled artificially wrong.
Smile.
Smile.

Gay marrage does not require permanence. A marrage contract can have an expiration date, or an easy opt-out clause.
Nor does gay marrage require sexual exclusivity. In fact, it unconstitutionally restricts freedom.
Marriage is for life, because it connects the mother and father to their children.
Marriage is also sexually exclusive so children can be raised by their mother and father.
Ss marrage doesn't require children, therefor it needs neither.
I simply note the historical function of marriage which distinguishes it from marrage and point out the change that occurred with no-fault divorce (children are not considered in divorce), and abortion (children are murdered for convenience). Hence the divorce and childless rate today.
In marrage, children are not required (or possible). However, there are still mothers and fathers committed and monogamous for the sake of their children. Marriage.
Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227407 Apr 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a blonde idiot.
Nuff said.
Smile.
Obviously.

Smirk.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#227408 Apr 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously.
Smirk.
Lost all your imaginary credibility there, didn't you big girl?

< River beats another idiot >

Check

Mate

Smirk.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#227409 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

Sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.

What animal on this planet is not sentient?

If stars and humans are made of the same goodies, why aren't stars sentient?

I don't know why you're on the floor, because I never said that all living things are sentient. I didn't say that and I certainly didn't imply it.

Having trouble reading again, purfesir?
Water and hydrogen peroxide are made of the same things.

You want a drink of hydrogen peroxide?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#227410 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Then we are not made of the same thing stars are made of.

Done.
You actually think like the ancients who believed that living things were made of some special material that was different than the material of non living stuff.

That has long been disproven.

The atoms heavier than hydrogen, helium and lithium in your body were ALL formed in stars. It's what stars do.

You seem to think that things with the same atoms are the same. Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide have the same atoms. Carbon and oxygen. They are both very different gasses. Water is on atom of oxygen and 2 atoms of hydrogen. It is necessary for life as we know it. Hydrogen peroxide is 2 atoms of hydrogen and 2 atoms of oxygen. It is extremely corrosive and would kill you in a heartbeat if you drank it.

I take it your GED didn't include chemistry.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#227411 Apr 28, 2014
Religion = superstition

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227412 Apr 28, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The Romans kept real good records, they were especially diligent in recording their crucifixions. There are NO records of anyone names Jesus King of the Jews as being crucified, go figure!!!
The rabbis kept meticulous records, too. No mohel noted that they lopped off the rumpled foreskin of a baby so important that three hippie kings smoked frankincense and snorted myrrh in his honor.

The Egyptians kept meticulous records yet didn't note ant floods while they were building pyramids.

The Chinese kept meticulous records yet none of them drowned, either. The dynasties present a continuous record.

But, we'll keep teaching the feel-good story of global genocide to children using toy boats and stuffed animals.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227413 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that nut's got nothing on ar ar.
RR is a Clive Bundy too stupid to be a welfare queen.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227414 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to forgive me , I'm just contentious . Hence I'm here and not on 'facebook', are you really going to stick to your guns and label hermaphrodite as a birth defect ..?
See , Unfair once you start using scripture to bolster your position , you know I no recourse, but to concede ..( Jesus never existed , and regardless of what I said earlier, You never should have either .)
Fixed it for you. You'll see it.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227415 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.Thank-you "Riverside" ..." fairy stories "...Was, really beginning to irk me ..
A Fairy Story.

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, in a place far, far away there was a council. Kings and priests got together and fought for days over a compilation of books that was causing much dissension in the land and threatening their power. They placed these books in a room upon a pedestal. They locked the room. In the morning, they entered the room and, magically, some fairy knocked the lion's share of the books to the ground, leaving only four atop the plinth. There was so much celebration that, after a night long festival of drinking and rape, they even figured out a way to appease the polytheists with the triune godhead. Now, even more superstitious clowns would tithe! Eureka.

Another Fairy Story

Kimare pays Number 4 to number 2 on Eagle 12's moobs and films it for posterity.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227416 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I fail.
FIFY

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227417 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well, then .....You'd be wrong .
Well, then, the Bible is wrong because what he wrote is what is written in the Bible. Thank you for proving the bible is wrong.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227419 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I think we can all agree that intellectually atheism is a philosophical sham , we all know men and women sacrifice their lives ; but Atheism can't really understand or explain why .
Goddidit is not an answer. An argument from ignorance is not an answer. I don't know is a perfectly good answer. It leads to knowledge. Goddidit leads to further ignorance. Please tell me, again, how claiming to know an answer without evidence is not a philosophical sham?

You, ma'am, are an idiot.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227420 Apr 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>There's a few "Titus" a Roman historian , and "Jospheus" (spelling) a Jewish historian ..Jesus , is in fact a historical figure ...Go figure..?
The stupid burns bright in you. Titus was a Roman emperor, not an historian. Josephus was not a contemporary of Jesus and was the son of a monied priest and a mother of royal ancestry. His hagiography was designed to consolidate power. Josephus was an enemy if the state until he turned traitor to his own people. Josephus aligned himself politically with Vespasian and predicted Vespasian's rise to power. This gave him credibility among the superstitious.

Jesus is only mentioned twice in The Antiquities of the Jews and it is now recognized that the Testemonium Flavium is not authentic and was further subject to forgery and interpretation by such clowns as Eusebius, the polemicist that lived in the 4th Century.

Eusebius' quote?

""That it will be necessary sometimes to use falsehood as a remedy for the benefit of those who require such a mode of treatment."

You've been scammed, Yosemite Sam. That you hang your hat on such nonsense points to your credulity and intellectual vapidity.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227422 Apr 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He must have picked up some dreadful infection.[laughing]
People are just hell bent on destroying themselves.
Haha. It is soooooo funny that someone would get sick. Please tell me, again, how Christianity improves people.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227423 Apr 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That one is a total retard. No. 4 probably refers to his mental age.
LOL
WHAT THE..???...WHHHYY...?!

I have feelings , you know ..!

Did , you really think I wasn't going to read this .."Rose_Winkel" ..?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227424 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.
What animal on this planet is not sentient?
If stars and humans are made of the same goodies, why aren't stars sentient?
Wow, just when it appears as though you set the stupidity bar as low as it will go, snakes look down and try to figure out how it got below their bellies.

Bread and cake are made of the same things. Do you let your imaginary children eat their spam sandwiches on cake for lip inch every day, fat boy?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227426 Apr 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean about my defect.
John Wayne Gacey, you describe yourself as a mutation in your tag line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min dollarsbill 1,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min River Tam 817,438
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min RoSesz 578,904
Poll If someone is coming home and your completely n... 39 min stemaxgizmo 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min Theswamiji reloads 5,918
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 48 min WasteWater 5,686
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Freebird USA 9,220
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,201
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 609,818
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 270,030
More from around the web