Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227245 Apr 27, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stars are not sentient.
Oh , my gosh you are such a liar !..Have you ' freethinkers' no shame...??

There's actors with PHD's , I believe Sharon Stone is even a mensa ...jerk..!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227246 Apr 27, 2014
How to become a "good" Christian in 20 easy steps.

1. Confess to all your friends, associates and church leaders that you love Jesus and intend to become His slave and that you will devote your life to Him. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, just saying it will put you in a Christian mode.

2. Join a church, get baptized and attribute your conversion to the priest or minister. Gaze reverently into his eyes as he pontificates about the nature of God. Sighing every once and a while, or wiping a tear will guarantee their devotion. If you join a revival church, fall to the floor, shake your body, put up both hands and yell: JAYsus-ah! NEVER bring up the topic of sexual molestation to your priest, no matter how many boys or girls he may have poked.

3. Every Sunday, make sure you put a large sum of MONEY into the church's MONEY basket. Make sure that everyone in the congregation sees you giving MONEY.

4. When talking with your priest and religious friends, occasionally confuse something that they said with something that Jesus said. This will impress them and they will think more highly of you.

5. Read the Bible, but ignore the atrocities and concentrate only on what seems "good" to you. For instance, discard the parts where God kills firstborns, pregnant women, etc., and only keep verses such as "God is love." Its like taking a sugar coated bitter pill, but it will appear good and that's what counts here.

6. Learn a few basic Hebrew words and whenever you're in a religious discussion, mention them in the context of their original meaning and comparing them to the English version. This will impress others of your Biblical knowledge, even if you don't know squat about theology.

7. Rely on faith and believe in the Bible superstitions, regardless of how silly they may seem. Yes, even the talking donkey, unicorns, and the strolling on water part. Even if you don't believe in them, just pretend that you do; no one will be able to tell the difference.

8. Abandon all reason and critical thinking. This is imperative. You cannot become a good Christian if you question the Bible with reason or skepticism.

9. Smile a lot to everyone you see. Say you love them even when you hate their guts. You must pretend, at all costs, to love your worst enemies even if it kills them in the end.

10. Attempt to convert your unbelieving friends. Make an ass out of yourself to the point of getting them angry. Make sure you always keep smiling and tell them how much you love them. This will escalate their anger and leave you fully satisfied. If they persist, claim that they are in league with the Devil and only faith in Jesus can release them (make sure you keep smiling).

Continued...

Las Vegas, NV

#227247 Apr 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Noted.
Why?
specifically in genitalia , the parameters are so vastly different from human to human ; how can we call any of the variations " defective "..?

Generally , all of mankind is ' defective '...( except for Justin Bieber )...we're a fallen race ..

Las Vegas, NV

#227248 Apr 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a God.
Don't lie to me.
K?
It is literally ' impossible' to explain the creation of the cosmos , without a God .

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#227249 Apr 27, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>It is literally ' impossible' to explain the creation of the cosmos , without a God .
No harder than explaining the creation of god, without a god.
Oh that's right you will say god is eternal.
Well you could just say the universe is eternal.
God is not an explanation of anything, it's a cop out for everything you cannot explain.
Doesn't make god real, but it does in the 21st century make you look stupefied.

Location hidden

#227250 Apr 27, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is absurd is your belief that any of the planets discovered have anything whatsoever to do with your bible.
Eagle 12 might be from the planet Kolob? lol

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227251 Apr 27, 2014
11. If anyone presents reasonable arguments against Christianity, simply go into denial. Say that their tempting only makes your faith grow stronger. Never submit to them.

12. If your antagonists quote a verse from the Bible that contradicts your position, simply say that they're taking that verse out of context. The out-of-context ploy will get you out of many difficult situations and will make it seem that you actually understand the correct context when in fact you don't.

13. Pray. Make sure you pray, not just in church, but in public parks, schools, libraries, and when visiting friends and relatives. Praying out loud is a sure way to convince others of your Christianity.

14. Advertise your Christianity. Examples: wear religious symbols such as a cross; always have a Bible handy; put fish symbols on your car; put a baby Jesus on the front lawn; put a plastic Jesus in your car. Cross yourself a lot.

15. Wear conservative clothes. For the best effect: Men should wear white shirts and dark pants. Suits should be baby blue. Women should wear long dresses and veils. The hair style should be frumpish. Old ladies should dye their hair blue. NEVER attempt to look sexy. Never tattoo your body with religious symbols. Women should never expose their breasts. Men should NEVER expose their genitals.

16. Get married and raise a family. The bigger the better. If you cannot conceive, adopt. Profess family values. If you cheat on your spouse, never make it known to them. Never get a divorce, regardless of how miserable you both feel.

17. When making love to your spouse, make it known that it's for Christ (and I don't mean yelling out Jesus' name). Think of Jesus when you come. After sex, instead of a smoking a cigarette, discuss the works of the virgin Jesus.

18. If any power threatens your Christianity, make sure your political stance aims to destroy that threat (always through love, of course.) If the threat comes from a foreign country, support the military to crush the enemy (always through love, of course). If the threat comes from within your country, support legislation to change the constitution so that your Christian position will prevail.

19. If you're fortunate to achieve political power, use your religious beliefs to direct your actions. It doesn't matter how many enemies you slaughter or what freedoms are lost, as long as your justification is based on the Bible, you will become a Christian of history.

20 The most important of all: Give your possessions away (charity). The Bible says give all you have to anyone who asks (Luke 6:30). May I suggest that for practice, give me all your money. I'm officially asking that you to please give me ALL your MONEY. Warning: If you do not do this, you are disobeying a direct Jesus request. However, if you do obey this command, it will guarantee you a Christian position and you will garner my greatest esteem and respect for you.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227252 Apr 27, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>It is literally ' impossible' to explain the creation of the cosmos , without a God .
Misuse of the word literally drives me figuratively insane.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#227253 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said that atheism is a non-belief and atheists don't believe in a god.
Which is it, a belief or a non-belief?
my post was in response to your buddy, who seems to also be reading comprehensionally challenged

Buck Crick’s post:
Atheism was characterized as non-belief.

I asserted, and you concur, it is belief.

What's the point of your argument?

Your move.

My response
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm I find it interesting that someone who complains about the lack of intelligent arguments would throw out insults like a grade school child.
BTW..atheism is a non-belief, ergo it is a belief?????
Atheists don't believe in a god, because there is no evidence to support the existence of a god.
Do you believe in Zeus, Jupiter, Mithras, Horus, Isis, Hercules, Venus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster???
How are they any different than your jesus?

Bucky i the one that said atheism is a non-belief, therefore he asserted it was a belief.

so go ask him

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227254 Apr 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
An ancient record noting the possibility of another life-sustaining planet is absurd???
The only thing you validated again is your standing as a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smirk.
Yeah, those old people couldn't look into the sky. After all, it was a body of water back then. Don't believe me? Read the immoral Bible.

Fart.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227255 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have writings or audio of Jesus?
We have writings of Jesus words written by his disciples. These words can be found in the New Testament, KJV Red Letter addition.
Can I see or hear them?
Yes, go to your nearest book store, library. Audio versions are also available.
Come up off em, dude.
??????????
Anyone can get the New Testament here in the US.
Red Letter Addition? Hahahaha. Why are Christians always functionally illiterate. Edition, you immoral clown. Of course, many things have been added to your Cafeteria Plan, as addition works, too.

So, the mathematics where two numbers are added together, do you spell that as edition to compensate for your stupidity?

It's okay, though, your crystal palace with gold filigree will already be built and waiting for you in Heathen. You won't need to be able to think. After all, your coveted free will will be gone. The funniest thing is that not one Christian ever wonders why the alleged rewards you get in Heathen, things like gold faucets, crystal mansions, servants, multiple wives, streets paved in gold, et al, are all carnal things that Luke 6:30 tells you to dispossess yourselves of or sins of the flesh, well, which we all know are verboten here in Candyland. Don't you see how foolish the empty promises are. Yeah, yeah, your life sucks here. The kings have all the gold and pussy. But, wait! There's more! For 3,000 easy payments of 19.99, you can have all this, too, uh, but, you have to die first and shipping and handling is extra, but, wait! There's more! Did we mention the servants and the streets paved in gold?

How can you be so thoroughly fooled as a sentient adult in the 21st Century? Have you no shame, man?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227256 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
X? What the heck is X?
I don’t do the illegal drug thingy.
But I do get highs sort of speak. I go fishing, watch the grandkids play ball, watch the birds go in and out of their nest, and worship the One True God.
Freewheeling Franklin?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227257 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't because the door to your heart is closed.
I want to, I really do.
The heart is a pump, only a pump, and surprisingly door free. This is further proof of the idiocy of your immoral belief. The old dudes, the ones who thought the sky was water, thought the heart was the emotional center of the body, that it controlled emotion. They, like you, were so fractally wrong it is laughable.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#227258 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point of having a religion,
So Ben, just what is the point of having a religion?

Location hidden

#227259 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your Topix Atheist! buddy, EatShiite, who wrote:
"Which Christian should and believe about that band?"
Yeah, and in response >you< wrote;
"Eh? Can you restate the question, because what you posted thanks no sense at all."

"thanks no sense at all" eh.
Yeah that makes sense.
<rolls eyes>

Location hidden

#227260 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh!
Well since the Topix Atheist! claims to be a being of higher intelligence, I thought you wrote this literally....
"Which Christian should and believe about that band?"
I don't really care which Christians you believe. I wasn't seeking your approval or opinion, I was offering mine.
Whether or not you agree is irrelevant to me.
"Whether or not you agree is irrelevant to me."

Whether or not your posts contain coherent sentences in reply, is irrelevant to you too eh.

Location hidden

#227261 Apr 27, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stars are not sentient.
Are they "alive"?

Location hidden

#227262 Apr 27, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You're not going to win any popularity contests ..with such assertions ...
I'm not really sure I can allow the word "birth defect" to go unchallenged ...I'm not saying it's incorrect ; I just want my dissension noted ..
If such things are to be called "birth defects", then the entirety of the evolution argument is a study of the theory of birth defects. In that case, those births should not be called "defects" at all, but rather the normal progression of evolution.
So who really is "normal" anyway, when it comes to evolution ... the "normal", or the "abnormal"?
Does that make one abnormally normal, or normally abnormal?

Location hidden

#227263 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they "alive"?
Unless they are dead they are.

Location hidden

#227264 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they are dead they are.
Well then, if they are dead, they are no longer a star, but just a mass, a black hole, a minor planet, or perhaps asteroid fragments.
We do not call what does not emit light, "stars". Do we?

I say your answer is lacking. If it is a "star" it is also said to be alive. Correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 739,655
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Blagoja 542,640
Last Word + 2 14 min Mike Allen 715
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 15 min Bev Jamison 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Blagoja 173,689
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min mike 601,098
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 18 min Bev Jamison 2
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 95,520
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min RiccardoFire 259,536
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••