Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243425 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#227204 Apr 26, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>He can't tsp being a dick.

He was raised that way.
<stop>

Geesh.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227205 Apr 26, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor thing.
Calamari have little in the way of cognitive reasoning skills.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227206 Apr 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully, the Redneck doesn't vote.

He'll say he does, but I won't believe him.

There may be posters here even more disgusting than the Redneck, but when it comes to dishonesty, he's the master.
Absolutely. The nerve of him, trying to tell people on Ptag that he doesn't lie.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227207 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh?

I had Easter Sunday off. My wife did not, she went to work, and my kids were over at their moms house.

Who exactly was I neglecting and why do you keep assuming?
Cool story.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227208 Apr 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Explain your fascination with Sagittarius A and black holes.
Saggitarians are awesome.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227209 Apr 26, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Lmao! That dude always cracks me up. I bet he thinks real good too, what with all that free flowing hair and stuff.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227210 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Calamari have little in the way of cognitive reasoning skills.
Dumb and Dumber trying to imitate reasoning skills.

Snicker.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227211 Apr 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect - the astronomers have discovered a exo-planet 5 light years away that they really know nothing about, except that is could allow for life to exist.
With you fantasizing and thinking that after a human dies they travel to this world - is quite unbelievable.
Placing your speculation into the facts, is absurd.
Kepler-62f is located about 1200 light-years (370 parsecs) from Earth in the constellation of Lyra. Wiki.

That’s hardly 5 light years away. You missed it by 1195 light years.
Scientist are actively looking for new planets. The have found some that perhaps could sustain life. That is a fact.

Another fact is the bible “references” a new earth in Revelation 21:1. The reference is a fact. I know you don’t believe the Bible. But the fact remains the “reference” is listed there.

What is absurd is your denial of these facts previously listed.
Bad weather is on the way my friend. Try to stay dry and out of harms way.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#227212 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!
You may have a strange writing style, but have a great intellect.
*respect*
Thanks, man.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#227213 Apr 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Two incredibly stupid statements at once.
Uhhh, that was only one.

Do better.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227214 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>So, let me get this straight. You're going to have multiple wives. These women, like the multiple wives of kings in the OT days, were not given a choice. How exactly is this Heaven for the women? Oh, that's right, according to the heteronormative patriarchy of the Bible, women are there to serve you.
Pssst, Christian women, it's a scam. You're going to get some of that good old fashioned Old Testament rape with an awl in your ear at the hands of Eagle 12.
You're a sick fug, you know that? What separates you from the 72 virgin crowd?
Jesus said there will be no women/men as we know it in heaven but the saved will be like the angels.

So that throws a wrench in your critique.

I was jesting about the Kings in the new heaven having multiple wives. Because Areobatty was jesting. I forget there are those (you) that would take me serious.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227215 Apr 26, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool story.
Watch it change next time he tells it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227216 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kepler-62f is located about 1200 light-years (370 parsecs) from Earth in the constellation of Lyra. Wiki.
That’s hardly 5 light years away. You missed it by 1195 light years.
Scientist are actively looking for new planets. The have found some that perhaps could sustain life. That is a fact.
Another fact is the bible “references” a new earth in Revelation 21:1. The reference is a fact. I know you don’t believe the Bible. But the fact remains the “reference” is listed there.
What is absurd is your denial of these facts previously listed.
Bad weather is on the way my friend. Try to stay dry and out of harms way.
Please keep up to date.
"Closest Earth-like world could be 6.5 light years away." (March 2013 announcement)
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23271-c...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227217 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep up to date.
"Closest Earth-like world could be 6.5 light years away." (March 2013 announcement)
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23271-c...
I wasn’t discussing which planet is closer or farther away.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227218 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Vinny Gambini: How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?
Mr. Tipton: Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess.
Vinny Gambini:[across beside the jury] What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?
Mr. Tipton: I don't know.
Vinny Gambini: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?
What is your favorite illegal drug of choice?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#227219 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said there will be no women/men as we know it in heaven but the saved will be like the angels.
What if they turn out to be Hells Angels!?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227220 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Vinny Gambini: How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?
Mr. Tipton: Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess.
Vinny Gambini:[across beside the jury] What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?
Mr. Tipton: I don't know.
Vinny Gambini: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?
You’re from a dysfunctional family. I’m talking excessive dysfunctional. Not a whole lot of love and appreciation in your environment but more towards the abusive side. Your biological parents were probably successful people as far as material things go.

You were raised up not being very social. Your social skills always resulted in conflict. So you became withdrawn more towards narcissistic and spastic. You probably have a higher than normal IQ but it’s doubtful you completed high school or any further education.

I think illegal drugs capped your success if you were ever bound for any. I think you have been in lots of trouble over the years with the law. It’s doubtful that you ever had a successful relationship.

Whatever you did to make a living if you have ever worked wasn’t based on a lot of interaction with the general public. I believe you have been terminated from several jobs for being the opposite of a stellar employee.

How am I doing so far?

Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227221 Apr 26, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
What if they turn out to be Hells Angels!?
Not where I'm going. I think that's the other place you are referring too.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227223 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said there will be no women/men as we know it in heaven but the saved will be like the angels......
You read a lot into that, where does the Bible say Angels are sexless ? Esp. when your religion also claims it says the "fallen angels" had sex with human women."

Jesus allegedly said there will be no marriage or sex in heaven, He never said anyone would be neutered.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227224 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you thought Nostradamus predicted 9-11, too.
You bet wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Catcher1 855,048
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min lightbeamrider 177,178
Whole Foods finally admits it ripped customers ... 7 min Knock off purse s... 9
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 9 min Doctor REALITY 32
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 10 min Knock off purse s... 59
the REAL REASON the state of California lost to... 14 min Knock off purse s... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min PortaBella ITA 612,626
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min USA Born 596,403
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 55 min I Am No One_ 444,353
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Brian_G 1,019
More from around the web