Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227227 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You read a lot into that, where does the Bible say Angels are sexless ? Esp. when your religion also claims it says the "fallen angels" had sex with human women."
Jesus allegedly said there will be no marriage or sex in heaven, He never said anyone would be neutered.
How about you tell us.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#227228 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said there will be no women/men as we know it in heaven but the saved will be like the angels.
So that throws a wrench in your critique.
I was jesting about the Kings in the new heaven having multiple wives. Because Areobatty was jesting. I forget there are those (you) that would take me serious.
You have writings or audio of Jesus?

Can I see or hear them?

Come up off em, dude.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227229 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you were.
You were claiming NASL was wrong when he posted "astronomers have discovered a exo-planet 5 light years away"
Caught in lie with in just two pages.
You should give up lying. You are too stupid to get away with it.
It's easy to accuse someone of something but proving it is a different thing.

I'm calling you out my man.

Step out here on main street and prove it.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#227230 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your favorite illegal drug of choice?
I like X

What's your favourite?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#227231 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it. You are making a claim, just prove it.
LOL
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227232 Apr 26, 2014
If someone accuses another of being a liar and can not nor will not bring forth proof of his claim, what does that make him?

A coward?

False accuser?

Or both?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227233 Apr 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I see or hear them?
Come up off em, dude.

We have writings of Jesus words written by his disciples. These words can be found in the New Testament, KJV Red Letter addition.

Can I see or hear them?

Yes, go to your nearest book store, library. Audio versions are also available.

Come up off em, dude.

??????????

Anyone can get the New Testament here in the US.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#227234 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
If someone accuses another of being a liar and can not nor will not bring forth proof of his claim, what does that make him?
A coward?
False accuser?
Or both?
Prove there is a God.

Don't lie to me.

K?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227235 Apr 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like X
What's your favourite?
X? What the heck is X?

I don’t do the illegal drug thingy.

But I do get highs sort of speak. I go fishing, watch the grandkids play ball, watch the birds go in and out of their nest, and worship the One True God.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227236 Apr 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a God.
Don't lie to me.
K?
I can't because the door to your heart is closed.

I want to, I really do.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227237 Apr 26, 2014
Storms coming tomorrow. I hope everyone stays safe.

goodnight, tipping hat.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#227238 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
X? What the heck is X?
I don’t do the illegal drug thingy.
But I do get highs sort of speak. I go fishing, watch the grandkids play ball, watch the birds go in and out of their nest, and worship the One True God.
X can be found almost everywhere.

It has has many functions.

I can show you hanzi. I can show you kanji.

I used it when I was a small child for multiplication.

When I got a bit older I used it in algebraic expressions.

Now I use if for something more.

Can your One True God do what I can do with X?

I'll need an example.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#227239 Apr 26, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't because the door to your heart is closed.
I want to, I really do.
It's called my rib cage. Let's hope it stays closed.

I asked you plainly not to lie to me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227240 Apr 27, 2014
Billions of people will go to church this morning to better themselves and serve others.

Meanwhile 'rational atheist' oxymorons will rant and rage about the disgusting depravity of such behavior.

Smirk.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#227241 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Kepler-62f is located about 1200 light-years (370 parsecs) from Earth in the constellation of Lyra. Wiki.

That’s hardly 5 light years away. You missed it by 1195 light years.
Scientist are actively looking for new planets. The have found some that perhaps could sustain life. That is a fact.

Another fact is the bible “references” a new earth in Revelation 21:1. The reference is a fact. I know you don’t believe the Bible. But the fact remains the “reference” is listed there.

What is absurd is your denial of these facts previously listed.
Bad weather is on the way my friend. Try to stay dry and out of harms way.
What is absurd is your belief that any of the planets discovered have anything whatsoever to do with your bible.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#227242 Apr 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Billions of people will go to church this morning to better themselves and serve others.
Meanwhile 'rational atheist' oxymorons will rant and rage about the disgusting depravity of such behavior.
Smirk.
Thousands of people will die today while billions of people huddle together in churches and pretend that it's not happening.

Let us bow our heads in pretend prayer.

Snark.

Location hidden

#227243 Apr 27, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is absurd is your belief that any of the planets discovered have anything whatsoever to do with your bible.
An ancient record noting the possibility of another life-sustaining planet is absurd???

The only thing you validated again is your standing as a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#227244 Apr 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Smirk.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of people will die today while billions of people huddle together in churches and pretend that it's not happening.
Let us bow our heads in pretend prayer.
Snark.
You are such a blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron!!!

Those billions in churches are giving support to millions of Christians sacrificially serving and reaching out to the sick and dying.

And atheists have nothing, NOTHING, comparable. You have the audacity not just to lie about it, but to even judge???

You seriously need to repent in shame.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227245 Apr 27, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stars are not sentient.
Oh , my gosh you are such a liar !..Have you ' freethinkers' no shame...??

There's actors with PHD's , I believe Sharon Stone is even a mensa ...jerk..!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227246 Apr 27, 2014
How to become a "good" Christian in 20 easy steps.

1. Confess to all your friends, associates and church leaders that you love Jesus and intend to become His slave and that you will devote your life to Him. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, just saying it will put you in a Christian mode.

2. Join a church, get baptized and attribute your conversion to the priest or minister. Gaze reverently into his eyes as he pontificates about the nature of God. Sighing every once and a while, or wiping a tear will guarantee their devotion. If you join a revival church, fall to the floor, shake your body, put up both hands and yell: JAYsus-ah! NEVER bring up the topic of sexual molestation to your priest, no matter how many boys or girls he may have poked.

3. Every Sunday, make sure you put a large sum of MONEY into the church's MONEY basket. Make sure that everyone in the congregation sees you giving MONEY.

4. When talking with your priest and religious friends, occasionally confuse something that they said with something that Jesus said. This will impress them and they will think more highly of you.

5. Read the Bible, but ignore the atrocities and concentrate only on what seems "good" to you. For instance, discard the parts where God kills firstborns, pregnant women, etc., and only keep verses such as "God is love." Its like taking a sugar coated bitter pill, but it will appear good and that's what counts here.

6. Learn a few basic Hebrew words and whenever you're in a religious discussion, mention them in the context of their original meaning and comparing them to the English version. This will impress others of your Biblical knowledge, even if you don't know squat about theology.

7. Rely on faith and believe in the Bible superstitions, regardless of how silly they may seem. Yes, even the talking donkey, unicorns, and the strolling on water part. Even if you don't believe in them, just pretend that you do; no one will be able to tell the difference.

8. Abandon all reason and critical thinking. This is imperative. You cannot become a good Christian if you question the Bible with reason or skepticism.

9. Smile a lot to everyone you see. Say you love them even when you hate their guts. You must pretend, at all costs, to love your worst enemies even if it kills them in the end.

10. Attempt to convert your unbelieving friends. Make an ass out of yourself to the point of getting them angry. Make sure you always keep smiling and tell them how much you love them. This will escalate their anger and leave you fully satisfied. If they persist, claim that they are in league with the Devil and only faith in Jesus can release them (make sure you keep smiling).

Continued...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min hojo 688,852
You are of your father.....the devil 8 min Devil isnt Real 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 12 min BobbyX 67
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min trifecta1 988,573
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 42 min oneear69 37,185
Putin: Hillary Made Up Russian Collusion 1 hr The Henchman 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Here For Now 619,813
More from around the web