Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#227105 Apr 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>No Shiite you're a puusy.

Welcome back.

Smile.
Yep. Another moral christian.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227106 Apr 26, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Yo
What's up RR?
I actually would like to be around a bit more than I have. The breaks are nice but I still feel an attachment to this place. I don't have the discipline to lurk! Keeping my opinion to myself is one of the skills I lack:)
Good to see ya
Lol

Ya, I've noticed.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227107 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
Uh oh, here's some Christians that would call you a devil worshiper for quoting Evanesence:
To me, that song (Bring Me To Life) is about finding God, or being rescued by someone from some dark place like a drug habit or bad relationship.

"How can you see into my eyes, like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb, without a soul
My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227108 Apr 26, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
An influence is never a cause?
Nope.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#227109 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>To me, that song (Bring Me To Life) is about finding God, or being rescued by someone from some dark place like a drug habit or bad relationship.

To me it's a good song to use for my alarm.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227110 Apr 26, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
To me it's a good song to use for my alarm.
Lol

That'd work too.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#227111 Apr 26, 2014
Certainly not in the way you, other Topix atheists, and fundamentalists believe in it. You all are of the same makeup, prone to believing in magic.

Any religious cult I would be involved in would be for the purpose of sharing "heaven" with tender young things like you. "Heaven" is not a fulltime state of being.

Little one, I started out as an "atheist", rejecting the dogma of books and rule of the self proclaimed interpreters of God's will. Plus I am a technician, very cause and effect oriented. Over the years I got past the emotional rejection you and others suffer from and looked at the act of existence from a technical perspective, which iincludes the emotions and thoughts involved, and how they come about. A rather dry and unemotional outlook.

Based upon the physical laws we know we are bipolar flows of energy, which means we sprang from a pre-existing structure of it. I basically look upon us as components of a larger neural network, so to speak. Topix atheists would have a harder time understanding that than theists due to their due to their ego and thus limited perspective. That makes them long on denying that which they don't know. They blurtate on here out of iggorance. They can't allow themselves to feel humbled. "Mankind" becomes their "God" because association with it gives them a greater sense of import, especially if they think they are "cool" and "in the know". This will affect their ability to meld into the greater scheme of things.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#227112 Apr 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Certainly not in the way you, other Topix atheists, and fundamentalists believe in it. You all are of the same makeup, prone to believing in magic.
Any religious cult I would be involved in would be for the purpose of sharing "heaven" with tender young things like you. "Heaven" is not a fulltime state of being.
Little one, I started out as an "atheist", rejecting the dogma of books and rule of the self proclaimed interpreters of God's will. Plus I am a technician, very cause and effect oriented. Over the years I got past the emotional rejection you and others suffer from and looked at the act of existence from a technical perspective, which iincludes the emotions and thoughts involved, and how they come about. A rather dry and unemotional outlook.
Based upon the physical laws we know we are bipolar flows of energy, which means we sprang from a pre-existing structure of it. I basically look upon us as components of a larger neural network, so to speak. Topix atheists would have a harder time understanding that than theists due to their due to their ego and thus limited perspective. That makes them long on denying that which they don't know. They blurtate on here out of iggorance. They can't allow themselves to feel humbled. "Mankind" becomes their "God" because association with it gives them a greater sense of import, especially if they think they are "cool" and "in the know". This will affect their ability to meld into the greater scheme of things.
"Topix atheists would have a harder time understanding that than theists due to their due to their ego and thus limited perspective

Topix atheists would have a harder time understanding,
that than theists due to their due to their ego,
and thus limited perspective"

Ever wonder if you should have just kept something to yourself?

But no Dave will....

blurtate on here out of iggorance.

Westcliffe, CO

#227113 Apr 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually life is dependent on survival, not all life requires death .
Photosynthesis, but all unicellular organisms and multicellular organisms require the energy of other organisms, the Eukaryote is dependent on death.

Yoda wannabe, I looked at your profile and saw your fascination with Sagi A. Of course this will be because of the imagined black hole there that you have seen on douchementaries.

Wow!! Cool!!! A supermassive black hole!!!

End of thinking process. You got bedazzled and impressed. Now you can carry that around to keep you warm and fuzzy feeling.

Now let's talk perspective.

Crank up your light saber and see how many somersaults you can do before you get dizzy and disoriented. You may need to find a tall building before you reach that point, though. But what you will be doing is following the force of gravity and changing directions relative to its direction of "pull", which your material construction is keyed to as a reference point on this planet, it being the locally strongest force. Warps your senses tumbling like that. Tends to blur your vision as things pass by so fast. But you still have your sense of self.

Now, where is Sagi A supposed to be? The center of the galaxy, right? The strongest pull of gravity on this locale? A pretty strong force if it holds this solar system, eh? Would certainly have an effect on you individually.

What is the earth doing relative to that direction of "pull"?

Somersaults.

Wear a parachute if you wish to try the tall building, and do try to keep your presence of mind to pull the ripcord when you realize you lost your sense of perspective.

Westcliffe, CO

#227114 Apr 26, 2014
Dancers have a technique to keep from getting dizzy doing pirouettes called spotting.

In the universal scheme of things look beyond yourself for a reference point. The further away the better.

Oh, all of this metaphor and allegory to explain something simple to simple minded Topix atheists.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#227115 Apr 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoda wannabe, I looked at your profile and saw your fascination with Sagi A. Of course this will be because of the imagined black hole there that you have seen on douchementaries.
Wow!! Cool!!! A supermassive black hole!!!
End of thinking process. You got bedazzled and impressed. Now you can carry that around to keep you warm and fuzzy feeling.
Now let's talk perspective.
Crank up your light saber and see how many somersaults you can do before you get dizzy and disoriented. You may need to find a tall building before you reach that point, though. But what you will be doing is following the force of gravity and changing directions relative to its direction of "pull", which your material construction is keyed to as a reference point on this planet, it being the locally strongest force. Warps your senses tumbling like that. Tends to blur your vision as things pass by so fast. But you still have your sense of self.
Now, where is Sagi A supposed to be? The center of the galaxy, right? The strongest pull of gravity on this locale? A pretty strong force if it holds this solar system, eh? Would certainly have an effect on you individually.
What is the earth doing relative to that direction of "pull"?
Somersaults.
Wear a parachute if you wish to try the tall building, and do try to keep your presence of mind to pull the ripcord when you realize you lost your sense of perspective.
More of your "dizzying" intellect, but Dave you need to slow down and let your fingers catch up with your brain. You know people can see this stuff you write.
You don't want them to think you're crazy do you?

Oops too late!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227116 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, that song (Bring Me To Life) is about finding God, or being rescued by someone from some dark place like a drug habit or bad relationship.
Well, those Christians disagree with you? Whom should I believe, the Christian who spent Easter Sunday on Topix ignoring his Jesus, his job, his wife, and his kids or those other Christians who call Evanesence Satanists?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227117 Apr 26, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"If there aim't Mogen David in Heaven, who in the Hell wants to go" - The Wino's Lullaby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =G5dtpw7zEm0XX
There's got to be. It's koshah!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227119 Apr 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Just another in the 12 billion things your ridiculously wrong about.

The courts disagree with you, but that is not surprising.

http://www.csj.org/pub_csj/csj_vol10_no1_93/u...

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227120 Apr 26, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the 'rational atheist' oxymoron depravity?
What qualifies you to judge and excuse your own behavior?
The only thing you do is confirm your narcissistic depravity, bigotry and ignorance.
Smile.
Sid you miss medication time again, Billy? Nurse Ratchett is going to be pissed.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#227121 Apr 26, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. A short time back Glenn Beck was raising money for a group that rescues children from being sold into sex slaves. I did try to watch part of a video of it but couldn't, I would have thrown up as its too much evil. Good on the center, we do the same here and while I do think abortion is pure evil God will have the last word.
Let's concentrate on your final bit of hypocrisy, shall we?

You say, "... while I do think abortion is pure evil God will have the last word."

Really?

Because if your god is real? Your god is directly responsible for most of the abortions in all of human history!

Seriously-- if your god is actually in charge (as gods are wont to be), then looking at the **FACTS** of the matter:

According to medical studies, approximately 3 of 5 fertilized human fetuses are naturally aborted for one reason or another.

Since we are speaking of a divine agency here (god)? Then it means that these 3 "naturally" aborted fetuses did so, because your god **allowed** it.

Or worse-- your god's will at work-- your god **caused** it.

Either way?

Your god is responsible for 3 out of 5 abortions from the beginning of human history to the present.

Your god, therefore, is the **most** prolific abortionist of all of history.

You may wish to rephrase your future sayings on this subject-- your god obviously has no problem with it at **all**...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#227122 Apr 26, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Riversideretard studying philosophy.
BAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!
Best joke ever. Cheers Catch.
Indeed, that is most amusing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#227123 Apr 26, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
All that junk at the beginning is cool and all, but no one cares about your backstory. The fact that you continue to try to use a nonsensical Christian would-be insult just proves how stupid you really are. Worse than what Christians did? Hardly! Name one thing that ANYONE is doing today that is worse than the crap that Christians did during the crusades, I dare you.
I will now make a prediction.

<grin>

The prediction is this:

His excuse for all the evil that those historical Genuine Christians™ did in the past?

Will be one or more of the following logical fallacies:

1) they were not Real Christians™

2) They were over zealous (see #1)

3) Things Were Different Then (i.e. slavery was not really that bad, "back then")

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#227124 Apr 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the reaction when the Redneck opens his mouth in class and spouts his idiotic "beliefs"? On PTAG, he just suggested that venereal diseases may have been created by God to keep people from doing bad things, or punish them for immoral behavior, sort of like Pat Robertson's views that hurricanes are god's way of punishing us for accepting homosexuals in society.
What's the point of responding to this sort of idiocy?
The scary thing is that there are people like the Redneck out there, running around unsupervised.
It's worse than that: these barely-conscious individuals...**vote**.... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#227125 Apr 26, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I always think he has a macabre sense of humour, entertaining @ times.
Yes... that much is true.

But even his worst novels are still entertaining, for the most part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Buck Crick 18,148
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 983,409
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Robert F 684,021
harthside COOKIES 47 min C eh N eh D eh 2
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 7 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 9 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web