Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258479 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226602 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as science is concerned, DNA has existed longer than life has existed.
Which science would that be, Dave Nelson's Magical Monkey Tour and All Star Revue?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26876/

From our knowledge of present-day organisms and the molecules they contain, it seems likely that the development of the directly autocatalytic mechanisms fundamental to living systems began with the evolution of families of molecules that could catalyze their own replication. With time, a family of cooperating RNA catalysts probably developed the ability to direct synthesis of polypeptides. DNA is likely to have been a late addition: as the accumulation of additional protein catalysts allowed more efficient and complex cells to evolve, the DNA double helix replaced RNA as a more stable molecule for storing the increased amounts of genetic information required by such cells.

DNA is likely to have been a late edition.

We'll add your post to things the Riverside Easter Bunny Pulled Out His Ass file. Dave angels on will be happy. He's a poo-flinging, preposterous, paranoid, psychopath. But, he is not a documented prevaricator like you, Easter Bunny.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226603 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your paranoia is showing.
Choirs don't sing in harmony unless they sing from the same sheet of music.
Mankind is a collection of individual beings and minds. They need a common denominator to function as a group. However, hive mentalities such as yours just follow the directions issued you. Of course, anything counter to that would be evil and a conspiracy. Pure reaction.
The irony of your meaningless discourse escapes you. The shaman is the oldest profession in the book. Soft-handed and no honest work is required to be the mouthpiece for the sky wizard. Religion is all about power. It always has been; it always will be. Religion was useful in the early evolution of mankind, but it has outlived its shelflife.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226604 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How long has electricity existed, Loony? When did man first "discover it?
How long did dirt exist before man made mud and mud buildings out of it?
You're the one made from dirt, Trog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226605 Apr 23, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh there evidence.
You have to be willing to take the ride to the other side. It will only take .5 seconds.
But something tells me you don’t care that much about seeing the evidence. Because it’s a one way ride.
You want proof then take the ride.
<quoted text>
Can you read?
If so, you would know that the other poster said that in order for one to obtain "evidence", you have to "take the ride". He said that one needs to die in order to obtain this evidence.
sheeeeesh
Are you really that dense or just stupid?
So, the Christian is advocating suicide for evidence for a deity. Thus, the Christian has no evidence, just nonsense.

When he wrote it, I took it to mean that once the evidence for a god was seen, a life-long believer was made, hence the one way ride. Thank you for clarifying that his intent was much more immoral, much more nefarious, and much more facile.

Preachers sell a product they never have to deliver. Christians promise evidence they never can deliver.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226606 Apr 23, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wonder what a church does with their old building and property when they build a new bigger one.
I wonder what ANY entity does with their old property when they move to bigger and better digs.
Gee, I wonder if it is wise and prudent to uh, sell the old place.
<rolls eyes>
"There are more things in heaven and Earth than your philosophy dreams of Horatio."
Hamlet
Church attendance is dropping precipitously. Only 17% of American attend church on any given Sunday. While, yes, some churches may have been replaced, the majority of abandoned churches have been that, literally abandoned. Any time a fraud factory closes, it's a step in the right direction.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#226607 Apr 23, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wonder what a church does with their old building and property when they build a new bigger one.
I wonder what ANY entity does with their old property when they move to bigger and better digs.
Gee, I wonder if it is wise and prudent to uh, sell the old place.
<rolls eyes>

"There are more things in heaven and Earth than your philosophy dreams of Horatio."
Hamlet
The church that tried to brainwash me is now a funeral home.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226608 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How long has electricity existed, Loony? When did man first "discover it?
How long did dirt exist before man made mud and mud buildings out of it?
Just when it appeared as though you couldn't slime down further into the imbecilic ooze, you are now parroting the Riverside Easter Bunny, King of Topix Losers, the Prevaricating Parrot of Puerile Pointlessness.

The poster's point was that something is not known until it is discovered, not that it doesn't exist until it is discovered. Hell, that's the whole point of your religious scam. You can tag team with the Witless Wrestler. It suits you. Actually, Trog, you, the Riverside Easter Bunny, and Georgio Armani Crick could remake the Three Stooges shorts. After all, you're already dope slapping reality and each other with every jot and tittle.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226609 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
Imagine my joy when driving through New Jersey
Said no one, ever.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#226610 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>While I agree his point is unimportant, you are purposefully obfuscating it, Easter Bunny. It's okay, that is expected with someone of zero credibility.

Time actually didn't exist until discovered by humans, because we developed a system to measure what we call time.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-no-ti...

No one keeps track of time better than Ferenc Krausz. In his lab at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics in Garching, Germany, he has clocked the shortest time intervals ever observed. Krausz uses ultraviolet laser pulses to track the absurdly brief quantum leaps of electrons within atoms. The events he probes last for about 100 attoseconds, or 100 quintillionths of a second. For a little perspective, 100 attoseconds is to one second as a second is to 300 million years.

But even Krausz works far from the frontier of time. There is a temporal realm called the Planck scale, where even attoseconds drag by like eons. It marks the edge of known physics, a region where distances and intervals are so short that the very concepts of time and space start to break down. Planck time—the smallest unit of time that has any physical meaning—is 10-43 second, less than a trillionth of a trillionth of an attosecond. Beyond that? Tempus incognito. At least for now.

The trouble with time started a century ago, when Einstein’s special and general theories of relativity demolished the idea of time as a universal constant. One consequence is that the past, present, and future are not absolutes. Einstein’s theories also opened a rift in physics because the rules of general relativity (which describe gravity and the large-scale structure of the cosmos) seem incompatible with those of quantum physics (which govern the realm of the tiny).

Some four decades ago, the renowned physicist John Wheeler, then at Princeton, and the late Bryce DeWitt, then at the University of North Carolina, developed an extraordinary equation that provides a possible framework for unifying relativity and quantum mechanics. But the Wheeler-­DeWitt equation has always been controversial, in part because it adds yet another, even more baffling twist to our understanding of time.

“One finds that time just disappears from the Wheeler-DeWitt equation,” says Carlo Rovelli, a physicist at the University of the Mediterranean in Marseille, France.“It is an issue that many theorists have puzzled about. It may be that the best way to think about quantum reality is to give up the notion of time—that the fundamental description of the universe must be timeless.”

I realize this will be too much for you, but, alas, it is what it is, Easter Bunny.
The Planck interval is the amount of time it take light to travel the diameter of a proton.

Purty short.

A-yup.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#226611 Apr 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>we are NOT 'designed' to live without the peace that comes with the receiving the Holy Spirit, but you are free to use zanex to help you suffer thru without Him, but you should cease taking it if you begin to have thoughts of suicide, anal leakage...etc and the list of side effects just keeps going on & on and on.....
None of them as bad as the negative side effects of your religion.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#226612 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one made from dirt, Trog.
You aren't?

You believe you are some magical mixture?

Sand is silica. Dirt is silica and everything else, including carbon. You and your shit will become dirt in time.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226613 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for conceding that I am the wise one. Wise because I realize, unlike you, that it is impossible to know about anything before it is discovered.
I could now produce a very long list of things that no one knew exited until they were discovered, but you seem to have a massive cognition problem. Believe it or not I explained this concept to my 6 year old granddaughter, guess what?....Yep she understood.
Now you should feel completely embarrassed, but I think your too stupid to even understand just why you should be embarrassed.
Your buddy, EatShiite just said that time didn't exist until discovered by humans.

The things one "learns" from you Topix Atheists! is amazing.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226614 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one made from dirt, Trog.
What are you made from, "interstellar stardust"?!

LMMFAO!!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#226615 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Which science would that be, Dave Nelson's Magical Monkey Tour and All Star Revue?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26876/
From our knowledge of present-day organisms and the molecules they contain, it seems likely that the development of the directly autocatalytic mechanisms fundamental to living systems began with the evolution of families of molecules that could catalyze their own replication. With time, a family of cooperating RNA catalysts probably developed the ability to direct synthesis of polypeptides. DNA is likely to have been a late addition: as the accumulation of additional protein catalysts allowed more efficient and complex cells to evolve, the DNA double helix replaced RNA as a more stable molecule for storing the increased amounts of genetic information required by such cells.
DNA is likely to have been a late edition.
We'll add your post to things the Riverside Easter Bunny Pulled Out His Ass file. Dave angels on will be happy. He's a poo-flinging, preposterous, paranoid, psychopath. But, he is not a documented prevaricator like you, Easter Bunny.
That last paragraph is an intriguing emission from a shrieking dummy. Prevaricator, eh?

Does RR come up with things that cause reactions to the one with their hand up your ass? That is what you get when you let them up there.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226616 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't?
You believe you are some magical mixture?
Sand is silica. Dirt is silica and everything else, including carbon. You and your shit will become dirt in time.
Magical mixture? Nope, that is written in your unholy book. Actually, some of me may become dirt but not the most of me. Even about this you are wrong.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226617 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO!!
Carbon. Not dirt puffed into existence by a magical man that has turned into just an entity of energy, over time, as Christians have to change their descriptions due to materialistic naturalism.

I make no claims of abiogenesis. Keep lying. It suits you.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226618 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your buddy, EatShiite just said that time didn't exist until discovered by humans.
The things one "learns" from you Topix Atheists! is amazing.
No, that is not what I wrote, and your misrepresentation is further dishonesty. I gave you the relevant link. Our concept of the clock is an arbitrary standard that we developed. Time may not exist, at all.

Do you play the fool in the real world or do you reserve it for here?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226619 Apr 23, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The Planck interval is the amount of time it take light to travel the diameter of a proton.
Purty short.
A-yup.
I knew it would be too much for the Riverside Easter a Bunny to understand. It's a good thing he has Topix as a distraction. It keeps him form hurting people. Thank you for your service, Topix.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226620 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO!!
From what I understand, it would take years for you to laugh that fat ass off.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226621 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That last paragraph is an intriguing emission from a shrieking dummy. Prevaricator, eh?
Does RR come up with things that cause reactions to the one with their hand up your ass? That is what you get when you let them up there.
Once again, Trog, you add nothing but hot air and nonsense. You're quite the circus act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 99,745
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dogs breath 286,433
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Michael 670,182
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 4 hr The Guy 1
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 5 hr Sky Writer 31 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 184,260
The cosmic comedian is scott alan harrold copyr... 7 hr scottaharrold 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Joe Fortuna 980,042
More from around the web