Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
217,261 - 217,280 of 224,099 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>No, it didn't. In fact, while I still belonged to a Pentecostal church I was going to voluntarily go to a retreat called Desert Springs Ministries to give up being gay, thinking it was the right thing to do, but my parents stepped in and sat me down and talked me out if it.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are dishonest and ignore the teachings of Jesus.
I like your parents. None of them have a clue what any of us have experienced, learnt and witnessed.

I like seeing more and more people stand up to the christian religion and its bleaters.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingers...
Robert_G._Ingersoll
After the war, he served as Illinois Attorney General. He was a prominent member of the Republican Party and, though he never held an elected position, he was nonetheless an active participant in politics. According to Robert Nisbet, Ingersoll was a "staunch conservative Republican."[6] His speech nominating James G. Blaine for the 1876 presidential election was unsuccessful, as Rutherford B. Hayes received the Republican nomination, but the speech itself, known as the "Plumed Knight" speech, was considered a model of political oratory.
Back when the Republicans were still a responsible, middle-of-the-road party.

You know: before Reagan sold it out to the Genuine Christholes™-- before all the insanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingers...
Robert_G._Ingersoll
After the war, he served as Illinois Attorney General. He was a prominent member of the Republican Party and, though he never held an elected position, he was nonetheless an active participant in politics. According to Robert Nisbet, Ingersoll was a "staunch conservative Republican."[6] His speech nominating James G. Blaine for the 1876 presidential election was unsuccessful, as Rutherford B. Hayes received the Republican nomination, but the speech itself, known as the "Plumed Knight" speech, was considered a model of political oratory.
Today?

The ReThugs would have kicked Ingersoll out--- he **was** an atheist, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a slave song for you by slaves about slave liberation from the Old Testament.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Down_Moses
Go Down Moses
Moses never existed, sorry.

He is 100% fictional, entirely made-up.

Nothing in actual **real** history supports the existence of Moses.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply (I mean that both ways) being obstinate.

Most primitive cultures utilized slavery. As they develop, other methods of dealing with the situations are used. In fact, Christianity introduced that change.

You keep trying to condemn an ancient, defunct practice while excusing the murder of children for convenience. That's both depraved and perverted, not to mention hypocritical!
Who's excusing the murder of children for ANY reason.

You are a liar.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your post reminds me of a joke.

Two sperms were swimming as fast as they could.

One of them said to the other, "I'm exhausted and don't know how much longer I can keep swimming. How much further to the fallopian tubes?"

The second sperm replied, "Keep swimming, pal, we have a long way to go. We barely just passed the tonsils."
Lol.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years." — Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872)
Yep. Atheist.

Today's ReThuglican party would have kicked him out... just for that, alone.

But also because Intersoll told the actual truth....
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years." — Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872)
My wife was in tv Sat night sharing her testimon, that's a fact.. The one bigots like you hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave has a similar effect to Tracy Chapman's music.
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never condoned murdering children. But the Bible does. Why don't you condemn the infanticide in the Bible? Hypocrite.
Exactly.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the bible, hypocrisy is a given.
Yep.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Dave has a similar effect to Tracy Chapman's music.
Oh come on.

I like Tracy Chapman.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Testimony. Hate the iPhone..
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when the Republicans were still a responsible, middle-of-the-road party.
You know: before Reagan sold it out to the Genuine Christholes™-- before all the insanity.
Ah yes. More of the love and tolerance I keep hearing about. Lol. Do as you two faced folks say not as you do.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on.

I like Tracy Chapman.
Lol. Sorry, I find it rather depressing.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
"In fact, Christianity introduced that change."
Um, no. In fact in the New Testament Paul reiterated slavery as a legitimate institution by declaring that slaves should be obedient to their masters.
"Most primitive cultures utilized slavery."
So? Was God afraid of offending them by declaring slavery immoral? Was God more concerned about shrimp and whether people wore cloth woven from cotton and wool?
Is it ignorance or deceit?

What about Philemon?

What about acquiring freedom if possible?

Why is it Christianity that is still alone in the fight against slavery?

Even if you censor the issue to avoid sacrificing children, atheists are no where to be found in stopping human trafficking right now.

Hypocrite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never condoned murdering children. But the Bible does. Why don't you condemn the infanticide in the Bible? Hypocrite.
Sure you have. You are on here harping about ancient slavery while you ignore both slavery and child sacrifice occurring right now.

The hypocrite is you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's excusing the murder of children for ANY reason.
You are a liar.
You are.

You whine about ancient slavery by only one of many cultures that practiced it, and ignore millions of convenience abortions happening right now.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes. More of the love and tolerance I keep hearing about. Lol. Do as you two faced folks say not as you do.
... you must be one of those Genuine Christholes™ I have read about.

It's your hate and your hypocrisy that gave you away...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
The song was written just before the civil war. Not by the people from the old testament.
Would you like a song about slave liberation by people from the Old Testament? You don't know the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

413 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min gort 720,645
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min shyam 4,594
Last Word + 2 9 min Rosie 46
Carver Dyck For president!!! (Oct '12) 12 min Carver Dyck 4
I Never Can Say Goodbye 24 min andet1987 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min The Awakener 172,342
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Mi Lin 532,626
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 256,450
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••