Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#225938 Apr 20, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The church.
Indeed...

... just for starters, all those kids who were abused by preachers/priests...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#225939 Apr 20, 2014
Shivar wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't it better to believe in Ice Giants? After all if you're right and Ice Giants don't exist, then nothing happens. But if I'm right and Ice Giants DO exist, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Although your shoes will be mine for the taking since you will have been eaten by Ice Giants.
/Thor's Wager
Thor promised to rid the world of Ice Giants.

It appears, he was successful (or else they never existed at all).

Either way?

I get to keep my shoes.

:D

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#225940 Apr 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There.
Bet your dead ass didn't feel the pin.
Having your head up it cuts the blood off and numbs it.
Not bad for the third dumbest person in topix. But no, we will do all the pinning. You can be the pinata though.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#225941 Apr 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
I remember when I could come on this thread and get an intelligent, or at least semi-intelligent, argument from someone.

Those days are gone. This current crop of Topix Atheist freaks lacks the minimal rational faculties.

We are left with the likes of Wilderice, BenAssFucked, and Full o' Shite.

Pathetic.
You haven't had an intelligent argument in your entire, pathetic life.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#225942 Apr 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Not bad for the third dumbest person in topix. But no, we will do all the pinning. You can be the pinata though.
You mean there is someone occupying a slot between you and me?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#225943 Apr 20, 2014
Freedom of speech in the good ol' US of A:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/19/us/new-jersey-a...

Tell me Bucky. Would you argue as strenuously for this person's rights to free speech as you would for a Christian's right to pray in public school?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#225944 Apr 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean there is someone occupying a slot between you and me?
There is a army between us, but your highness Buck is at the bottom and you have your lips on Arr Arr's backside. If you want a more complete description ask scrooge, he will be happy to explain it to you. lol

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#225945 Apr 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
I remember when I could come on this thread and get an intelligent, or at least semi-intelligent, argument from someone.
Those days are gone. This current crop of Topix Atheist freaks lacks the minimal rational faculties.
Pathetic.
Hmmm I find it interesting that someone who complains about the lack of intelligent arguments would throw out insults like a grade school child.

BTW..atheism is a non-belief, ergo it is a belief?????

Atheists don't believe in a god, because there is no evidence to support the existence of a god.

Do you believe in Zeus, Jupiter, Mithras, Horus, Isis, Hercules, Venus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster???

How are they any different than your jesus?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#225946 Apr 20, 2014
Shivar wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't it better to believe in Ice Giants? After all if you're right and Ice Giants don't exist, then nothing happens. But if I'm right and Ice Giants DO exist, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Although your shoes will be mine for the taking since you will have been eaten by Ice Giants.
/Thor's Wager
Geesh, that kinda dumb. If your god is all knowing and wise, it would know you are only hedging your bet by believing in it. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too impressed

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#225947 Apr 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a army between us, but your highness Buck is at the bottom and you have your lips on Arr Arr's backside. If you want a more complete description ask scrooge, he will be happy to explain it to you. lol
Hmmmm....

you need to tell your doctor that last medication change isn't working out so well. You used to be tied a little more to reality. But that was many months ago.

Location hidden

#225948 Apr 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Pathetic.
Well, let's see...you make up your own definitions to words and then get completely psychotic when people disagree, you talk in circle and you dodge like nobody's business when cornered on the facts...maybe nobody WANTS to have a conversation with you, dumbass.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225949 Apr 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Well said.
He is an atheist squeak. A meaningless, thoughtless noise.
Hey Buck, you know what I just found out on another thread?

"Becoming an atheist will make you educated."

The shit you learn here, amazing isn't it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225950 Apr 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Pathetic.
You should give PTAG another try.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225951 Apr 20, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Freedom of speech in the good ol' US of A:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/19/us/new-jersey-a...
Tell me Bucky. Would you argue as strenuously for this person's rights to free speech as you would for a Christian's right to pray in public school?
The commission was right, having a license plate like "8THEIST" could very easily be construed as "may carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency,".

You atheists are sick minded fuckers that would kill every Christian in your path, given the power. The history of atheists rulers proves that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225952 Apr 20, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm I find it interesting that someone who complains about the lack of intelligent arguments would throw out insults like a grade school child.
BTW..atheism is a non-belief, ergo it is a belief?????
Atheists don't believe in a god, because there is no evidence to support the existence of a god.
Do you believe in Zeus, Jupiter, Mithras, Horus, Isis, Hercules, Venus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster???
How are they any different than your jesus?
You just said that atheism is a non-belief and atheists don't believe in a god.

Which is it, a belief or a non-belief?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#225953 Apr 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
They just don't get it--
-- it comes from them **not** actually reading the book they worship.
Modern Christianity has nothing to with the Bible, Jesus or God. It is simply a smorgasbord of 1700 years of opinions of priest and preachers that are claimed to be "God's Perfect Word."

Note that their "beliefs" are always identical to "Church doctrine". They are incapable of having a single thought of their own.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#225954 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Mary was engaged.
According to her culture? She was committing adultery-- and was to be stoned to death.
So, even though she was underage? And not old enough to GIVE consent?
And even worse-- in her culture-- age did not matter-- her FATHER was the ONLY one legally able to give consent, and he had ALREADY GIVEN IT TO JOSEPH.
Any way you wrap that?
Mary was raped-- against her will, and against the laws of her people.
LAWS GIVEN BY THE VERY GOD WHO RAPED HER.
That's some evil you worship there, bub.
The apologetic is that God is not bound by its own laws. Their deity is a "Do as I say, not as I do" dictator.

They apply that same mentally to themselves. "I am sinless through the blood Jesus. You are an evil sinner deserving death."

Their deity is a hypocrite so one should not be surprised that its followers are as well.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#225955 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Thor promised to rid the world of Ice Giants.
It appears, he was successful (or else they never existed at all).
Either way?
I get to keep my shoes.
:D
The fact that no Ice Giants are left proves that Thor is real !

<smile>

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#225956 Apr 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The commission was right, having a license plate like "8THEIST" could very easily be construed as "may carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency,".

You atheists are sick minded fuckers that would kill every Christian in your path, given the power. The history of atheists rulers proves that.
More fiction for the afflicted.

Yet the "baptist" number plate is perfectly fine isn't it, Hitlerwannabe.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#225957 Apr 20, 2014
Shivar wrote:
<quoted text>
/Thor's Wager
Are you so poor to be unable to buy shoes,Bucko?

Stop giving money to the church then..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liam 559,570
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Jac 441,778
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Dave Nelson 775,476
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Clearwater 175,664
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 32 min yon 4,774
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Dr_Zorderz 265,162
Gay snapchat names 46 min justwaiting4 149
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr eyeful 605,034
More from around the web