Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#225571 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You're a half wit with a dying world view. Your kind used to be dangerous when your priests held power. Now you are just an impotent featherhead, clutching your pearls and tergiversating for your pocket god. I'd laugh at you if I didn't pity you. You dismiss this life for some notional, phantasmal eternity that you have composed between your ears.
Psst, Hammurabi wasn't Italian, mezza finnocio. The best advice in the Bible allows you to flush the Bible. Put away childish things. There is nothing more childish than fear of retribution or solace of reward from an imaginary friend. You can pine for the monotony of eternity without stimulation. Those of us that have put away childish things will just point and laugh.
You put away childish things?

Yet you have a freakish family picture of Dr Frankenstein’s son as your moniker?

With his mouth wide open as if he is experiencing some kind of deviant gratification?

And you have put away childish things?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225572 Apr 18, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride is undue confidence in and attention to one's own skills, accomplishments, state, possessions, or position. Pride is easier to recognize than to define, easier to recognize in others than in oneself. Many biblical words describe this concept, each with its own emphasis. Some of the synonyms for pride include arrogance, presumption, conceit, self-satisfaction, boasting, and high-mindedness...it is a grievous sin.
i agree :)

and being a critic and not cleaning your own backyard first is a mortal sin.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#225573 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Your avatar is an apt depiction of your imaginary friend, Harvey. It doesn't exist. If I were your doctor, I would recommend immediate treatment as an inpatient in one of the remaining mental health institutions not eviscerated by the Astrology President. You'll like it there. Like church, you'll be surrounded by your fellow delusionists where you can imagine that all avatars are real depictions and not the bat boy from Weekly World News. I recommend the helmet they offer to prevent injury. Your skull is already soft enough, Beetlejuice, from believing in the religious piffle you desperately cling to.
How nice of you.[tipping hat]
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225574 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You put away childish things?
Yet you have a freakish family picture of Dr Frankenstein’s son as your moniker?
With his mouth wide open as if he is experiencing some kind of deviant gratification?
And you have put away childish things?
It's a picture of Bat Boy. Google it...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225575 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A person needs a passport to read about foreign countries? Huh....
No RR, you are right. Reading about something is exactly the same as having personal experience of it.

O_o

San Francisco

#225576 Apr 18, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>And you're still an insane creep. Shudder.
Wow, that wasn't a very nice thing to say about insane creeps.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#225578 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i did not read your idiot post since you are a real idiot. why waste my time with someone way below my level.
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my other achievements like:
4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger
in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)
You sure it was god who helped you and not the customers whos d**cks you su c k ed for money!?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#225579 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>The "laws" of your fake gods aren't stopping anything either. Are there any posts of yours that are a reflection of reality or are they all based on such a sick and depressing world view?
Calling someone dim-witted and embarrassingly paranoid shows your rational and scholarly mindset?

Do you think the cheap thrill name calling makes you appear more intelligent?

Just to reassure you, it does. You are just blowing away everyone with your brilliant mind.

Are you the acting or former chairman of Mensa?

We have just never had anyone like you that’s so brilliant and modest.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225580 Apr 18, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure it was god who helped you and not the customers whos d**cks you su c k ed for money!?
same reply :)

copied and pasted :)

i did not read your idiot post since you are a real idiot. why waste my time with someone way below my level.
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#225581 Apr 18, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DO believe in some other life than the one you're living now.
You're really starting to confuse me.
Which is it? Just THIS life? Or another one after this one ends?
Put me on the team with this man....a genius:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."~Dr. Albert Einstein~
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225582 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
3 college diplomas
I think we all have this memorized by now. No need to keep posting it...

San Francisco

#225583 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot post since you are a real idiot. why waste my time with someone way below my level.
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
Mark 10: 17-29

"17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him.“Good teacher,” he asked,“what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered.“No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments:‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[d]”

20 “Teacher,” he declared,“all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21 Jesus looked at him and loved him.“One thing you lack,” he said.“Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples,“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again,“Children, how hard it is[e] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other,“Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus looked at them and said,“With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

28 Then Peter spoke up,“We have left everything to follow you!”

29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied,“no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Why don't Christians ever pay attention to that Bible they love to thump at others?
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#225584 Apr 18, 2014
Thank Goodness the young in this country are catching onto the game religious folks promote their artificial scaffolding and crutch: Religion and the Christian church in particular has been responsible for more evil acts than any other entity in the world. Granted often the government and church were entwined in authoritarian efforts but no group has ever
withstood the trials of time better than those with the power. The crusades wiped out hundreds of thousands for simply
differing beliefs.

For more than a thousand years the church required infant baptism. When ordinary folks began to doubt that kind of
requirement and their attendance/donations began to falter the church made it optional. The scripture is still there but
is never mentioned in that way.

For many thousands of years the church conducted witch hunts and tortured and put to death a conservative estimate of
100,000 innocent young women because they had been accused of witchcraft. When the general population caught on to the
fact that there is no such thing as a witch the church backed away and shut up. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church supported slavery, often accommodated it. When ordinary folks realized slavery is a
practice for which there is no justification...guess what? The church backed away and never mentions the numerous
scriptures in the bible which lend support to the practice.

Now the thing is hell itself. After millions of preachers preaching hundreds of millions of hell fire and brimstone
sermons and the very concept of eternal torture and misery for non believing individuals making mistakes while living
their lives has become extremely distasteful to the common man they are adamant in their insistance that it's all been
errors in translation and are now preaching that hell is merely the eternal separation of man from god. All the scripture
is still there but once again they have changed their position.

The church owns more real property in this world than any other entity except the governments. The Vatican City has a
building which covers blocks and is loaded with rare treasures and art works which conservatively are worth hundreds of
billions of dollars. All this while more than 900,000,000 humans are starving to death or suffering from the effects of
malnutrition. By default the starving are mostly children.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225585 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about wealth or prosperity, I'm talking about family life. Specifically, American family life and how it's changed as religiosity in America slowly declines. In my opinion, the family structure in America has declined right along with it.
rug abuse hTeen pregnancies are up, sexually-transmitted diseases spread like wildfire, divorce rates are up, unmarried couples living together are up, unmarried couples having children are up, the number of single mothers is up, violent crime is up, the amount of abortions being done is up, das become nearly uncontrollable.
Do you know what's gone down? SAT scores.
Go figure.

----------

I meant to say in regard to any of the shortcomings and failings you outline above, given that the United States is right at 77% Christian. It would logically follow that the US Christian body itself must accept responsibility for at least a proportionate share (if not even larger, given Christianity's larger influence on US society) of those shortcomings and failings.

You are misidentifying the true culprit.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#225586 Apr 18, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a picture of Bat Boy. Google it...
Thanks, see the following results.

According to Weekly World News,

Bat Boy has a chaotic sense of morality. He has been said to steal cars and not to come to the aid of the needy. According to the mythos, the only person who cares about the chiropteran child is Dr. Bob Dillon, who discovered him in a West Virginia cave (Hellhole Cave in Pendleton County, WV).

Origins of Bat Boy are sometimes credited to being in Endless Caverns in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. The original Weekly World News article lists "Hellhole Cave in the Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia". At the time of capture, he was two feet tall and weighed nineteen pounds. By February 2001, he was 2' 6". In 2004, he was five feet tall and his weight was unknown. He sheds his wings every three years, and regenerates a new pair.

On February 27, 2001, the Weekly World News published a story that he attacked a fifth-grader at a park in Orlando, Florida. According to the article, the girl was nearly ripped to shreds. The next day, he endorsed presidential candidate Al Gore.

On August 14, 2003, WWN reported he was running in the California gubernatorial election.[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Boy_ (character)

Damn, he’s got to make all Atheist proud.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#225587 Apr 18, 2014
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.....coz people make them feel like they are doing something wrong, booze brain. Come on, even I know that and I'm me!
last night was WONDERFUL, Clem! did you get my dozen roses?:-)

(sorry, just using this to mess with wilderide;-)
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225588 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
3 college diplomas
https://www.google.com/search...

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#225589 Apr 18, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
We only got a whiff of your mind farts, that isn't even funny either.

San Francisco

#225590 Apr 18, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't messing with me, you are messing with Jesus. Good luck with that.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225591 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, see the following results.
According to Weekly World News,
Bat Boy has a chaotic sense of morality. He has been said to steal cars and not to come to the aid of the needy. According to the mythos, the only person who cares about the chiropteran child is Dr. Bob Dillon, who discovered him in a West Virginia cave (Hellhole Cave in Pendleton County, WV).
Origins of Bat Boy are sometimes credited to being in Endless Caverns in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. The original Weekly World News article lists "Hellhole Cave in the Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia". At the time of capture, he was two feet tall and weighed nineteen pounds. By February 2001, he was 2' 6". In 2004, he was five feet tall and his weight was unknown. He sheds his wings every three years, and regenerates a new pair.
On February 27, 2001, the Weekly World News published a story that he attacked a fifth-grader at a park in Orlando, Florida. According to the article, the girl was nearly ripped to shreds. The next day, he endorsed presidential candidate Al Gore.
On August 14, 2003, WWN reported he was running in the California gubernatorial election.[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Boy_ (character)
Damn, he’s got to make all Atheist proud.
Don't be so quick to judge. He was responsible for the capture of Saddam Hussein, which makes him a super patriot.

http://books.google.com/books...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 653,985
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 63,938
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Gabriel 973,785
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Peace_Warrior 618,738
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,174
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 106,499
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 1 hr Betty AUH 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 281,863
More from around the web