Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255552 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#225347 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Praise Jesus. His design was so intelligent he put on foreskins so mohels would have to perform non-consensual mutilations on infants while suckling the blood from their newly shorn phalluses. It's such an intelligent design. Whoops, wait, not that flap of skin! What was I thinking? Cut it off! Ewwwwww!
Speaking of which. Who was Jesus' mohel? After all, Rabbis are scrupulous record keepers and you'd think after having that bright star light up your work space and being able to smoke all that myrrh, the old nebbish would have written something down about the condition of the Royal Peen.
This thread has gone to the dogs.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225348 Apr 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
quit stalking me YOU STALKER!
I'm not stalking you, fake Christian, I'm replying to your posts. Don't be deluded AND paranoid.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225349 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you it was not "falsified".
Not that it was "unfalsifiable".
I don't expect you to know the difference. Talk about something you understand. Maybe jerking off?
That's not how it went down, Schmenge. Whoops, sorry, going down is a trigger word for you, eh, con. We never had that conversation. You inadvertently admitted it because you aren't smart enough to paint yourself in the corner.

San Francisco

#225350 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. That's the Wilderice we know - blurt out an assertion, get it knocked back in your face, then deflect to a different complaint.
All is well in Topix Atheist Land.
Sorry Captain Pigeon-Chess, but nothing but your BS was "knocked back in my face". Like I said, if you want to believe in ID, reincarnation, astrology, or whatever, go for it. But expect to be mocked if you bring it up. Sowwy.

There is nothing wrong with critical thinking skills BTW. You really should consider it as an alternative. It's alot better than delusion. Really. It will mean giving up the pretense of knowing everything, but it opens up the possibility of learning and growth.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225351 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were right. It was Euripedes. Dr. Euripedes.
You stupid sonuvabitch. I can run you down on foot (as I would have to) and then whip your ass without breaking a sweat.
You're too scared to even show your location. Come at me, bro. I'm right here in Fort Worth. You're a child.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225352 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, Widdle Fwaidy cat.

San Francisco

#225353 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell was I thinking?
Don't ask us. We've all wondered that about you for a long time. Your noggin seems to be truth-proof.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225354 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, but I though Buck said that ID was backed up by the scientific evidence. Doesn't he know that a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable? That's pretty basic stuff.
Hmmmm. This is really undermining Buck's credibility.
He already has zero credibility. The Great Reincarnating Energy of Piscataway has spoken.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225355 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you it was not "falsified".
Not that it was "unfalsifiable".
I don't expect you to know the difference. Talk about something you understand. Maybe jerking off?
Falsify it, then. I'll be waiting.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225356 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Captain Pigeon-Chess, but nothing but your BS was "knocked back in my face". Like I said, if you want to believe in ID, reincarnation, astrology, or whatever, go for it. But expect to be mocked if you bring it up. Sowwy.
There is nothing wrong with critical thinking skills BTW. You really should consider it as an alternative. It's alot better than delusion. Really. It will mean giving up the pretense of knowing everything, but it opens up the possibility of learning and growth.
Notice how he won't give the name of his esteemed scientist nor did he offer any evidence. Just silly, delusional assertions. What a crappy way to waddle through life. Oh, that and pretending to be a tough guy on the internet. That's even more pathetic.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#225357 Apr 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck believes in reincarnation.
Or since he comes from the hills, "Reintarnation".

Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

San Francisco

#225358 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Falsify it, then. I'll be waiting.
...a very, very long time, LOL!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#225359 Apr 17, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Wished anyone dead today?
No, I don't follow the advice of the Bible.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#225360 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a contributor to the downslide.

It seems your batteries have faded, like those of the Flight 370 black boxes.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225361 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>There are old smokers but, as a rule, there aren't many old fat people.
That's not something I've researched, but an interesting thought.

I would suspect it's true if morbidly obese.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225362 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your question. I have no reason to be ashamed of being gay. There, I just answered it again.
Okay sheesh, let me rephrase the question since you didn't understand it.

Why would a person be ashamed of being gay?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225363 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The judgement is meant to remind us that we will have to answer for what we do in life. The judgment isn't for God, it's for us.
Look at how societies act without God, look at the cesspool of a place America has become without God prevalent in society. People that don't believe in God don't even consider eternal judgement so there's nothing to control their actions or curb their every whim.
I think if you would look at some statistics on irreligion, you will see the evidence that not having God prevalent in society does not cause societies to become cesspools; in fact, just the opposite seems to be true.

Three links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_by_co...

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle...

http://www.cilalp.org/spip.php...

The Gallup analysts Steve Crabtree and Brett Pehlam say the level of religiosity is interconnected with the average standard of living. In rich countries with high literacy levels, low homicide rates, low poverty rates and so on, religion is not regarded as very important. In total all over the world 82 per cent of people consider religion important.

<<<<<<< <<<Just some facts without your personal bias, or mine>>>>>> >

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#225364 Apr 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a contributor to the downslide.
It seems your batteries have faded, like those of the Flight 370 black boxes.
Catch, come on! did u really have to make a reference to that flight?

U'r gonna get me started on the conspiracy theories! I mean it, don't push it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#225365 Apr 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>AA has worked for thousands for over the last 75 years. The reason for this kind of success is simple. It has saved countless lives.

My friend, the bits and pieces of your life experiences are coming together. I will not debase you for we are all members of the human race. My very own brother was a hopeless alcoholic. His wife died about 4 years ago from drug & alcohol addiction.

Mark, whom I have mentioned before was able to break free by the grace of God. His life was incredibly dysfunctional for over 20 years. Now he is dealing with the repercussions of his addiction by watching the dysfunction in his sons lives. They have not broken free.

I have my doubts a secular drug and alcohol treatment would have helped him. I don’t think it would have been powerful enough to have made a difference. When I say he was hopelessly addicted, I just can’t stress that enough. He has been living free and clean for over 6 years. Today he is a productive and law abiding member of our society.
For people like that, it's the sharing of a common delusion that helps.

AA would be much more valuable without the proselytizing. The ones who kick habits believing it was only through "the grace of god" are cheating themselves of the pride they should have in a great personal achievement.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#225366 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay sheesh, let me rephrase the question since you didn't understand it.
Why would a person be ashamed of being gay?
Hmmm.....coz people make them feel like they are doing something wrong, booze brain. Come on, even I know that and I'm me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Peter Ross 49,515
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min The Hangman 971,808
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 min KellyP in Jersey 2,113
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Pad 647,016
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min JackArmStrong 445,758
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 20 min uncute 5
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... (Sep '15) 30 min James 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 46 min UC Davis Rainbow 105,688
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 13 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web