Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

O G Kush

United States

#224467 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..not per se , but if one wishes to think critically ( as "O G Kush" claims she had )...you , have got to have something more than just your opinion ...
There isn't any critical thinking about religion

It consists of nothing more than organized superstition for the ignorant.

People just feel there's got to be more to life than it really is.

"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis." ~Sigmund Freud

"The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life." ~Sigmund Freud
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224468 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Heathen is an honest term , it means you atheist are in fact idol worshipers ...
Good God !!...Your knowledge of scripture surpasses my own ...and , you play so stupid ,God , never wants anyone to suffer perdition ....how many times do those sacred authors tell us to " repent " ..??
What idol am I worshipping. You are a Christian which is the ultimate worship of self over everything else.

Your Divine Dear Leader is an incompetent middle manager at best.

If I didn't want people to suffer perdition, I wouldn't have it, especially for something as innocuous as a thought crime. The entire system as described in your fantasy book is a major moral failure. Infinite torture for finite thought crime is highly immoral in the standards and laws of our modern world. The authors of the Booble were trying to consolidate power and money as repentance was tied directly to tithing and acquiescence to the Church.

The best way to be an atheist is to read the Booble. This is why many atheists have a better grasp on Scripture than the theists who only get regurgitated study on Wednesday and Sunday.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224469 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..not per se , but if one wishes to think critically ( as "O G Kush" claims she had )...you , have got to have something more than just your opinion ...
Describe the exact nature of your god and I will handily disprove it. I have yet to have one theist respond to this challenge.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#224470 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedantry? ooo lala
Sorry. Am I treading on your turf?

You speak French?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224471 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....look , I'm just sayin' it doesn't hurt to shop around ...
and , as for prostitutes .....so , long as they aren't from Thailand ; you're golden ..
( Thailand is a strange and exotic local , the girls there tend to have penises ...)
<quoted text>
Somebody needs to explain to number four that girls don't tend to have penises
no matter where their from.
..Look..I WAS THERE ....!!...
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224472 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if some Christians have that belief, they're wrong. Just like some of the Christians that think they can literally withstand the venomous bite of a snake because they've misinterpreted the Bible.
Just like I don't care how Topix Atheists! interpret the Bible, 99.9% of the time, they're wrong too.
You're lost in the woods on this one. The original poster sarcastically stated that headaches are caused by sin. You mocked her for making that statement even though she was mocking some Christians for having that belief. I illustrated that there are, indeed, Christians with that belief to illustrate that your mockery was just childish trolling. Try to keep up, nitwit.

Why should I believe you over them, anyway? Your immoral dogma is so convoluted and fractured that there is no reason to believe one Christian over another. It all goes in the dustbin together.

99.9%, eh? A number you pulled from nowhere. Quantify that statement or admit that you are once again just an intractable prevaricator. Why would a book inspired by a Divine Dear Leader be open to interpretation? Why should I trust your interpretation when there are easily millions if not billions of Christians who disagree with you? How can I trust you, when, if you are a modern evangelical Christian, just 100 years ago your views and interpretations would brand you as a heretic?

You have no compelling reason why your interpretation is correct and others are not. Christianity is nothing more than self worship, an army of one, a god styled after your likes and dislikes. Those other people are all wrong. I am right. I am going to Heaven. You're not. Blah biddy blah blah blah. What utter horse hockey. I'd say you should be ashamed of yourself but you're not smart enough to feel shame.

Las Vegas, NV

#224473 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Describe the exact nature of your god and I will handily disprove it. I have yet to have one theist respond to this challenge.
The entire nature ...?

It has been said that even if the seas were turn to ink ...that wouldn't be enough to describe even one of His many attributes ...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224474 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Sorry. Am I treading on your turf?
You speak French?
We

poo poo

Manage a toy

Poly view

Deja view

See? I speak the France talk.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224475 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedantry? ooo lala
So, which construction equipment sales are conducted at this time on a Saturday evening?
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224476 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look..I WAS THERE ....!!...
Psst, if they had penises, they weren't girls.

Why were you partaking in prostitution you prevaricating putz?
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224477 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The entire nature ...?
It has been said that even if the seas were turn to ink ...that wouldn't be enough to describe even one of His many attributes ...
I never wrote entire. Describe the exact nature of your god. It has been said because your god is imaginary and no one can describe its exact nature. It is funny, though, because Christianity, Inc. rakes in billions every year while telling people exactly what Divine Dear Leader wants.

Las Vegas, NV

#224478 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>What idol am I worshipping. You are a Christian which is the ultimate worship of self over everything else.
Your Divine Dear Leader is an incompetent middle manager at best.
If I didn't want people to suffer perdition, I wouldn't have it, especially for something as innocuous as a thought crime. The entire system as described in your fantasy book is a major moral failure. Infinite torture for finite thought crime is highly immoral in the standards and laws of our modern world. The authors of the Booble were trying to consolidate power and money as repentance was tied directly to tithing and acquiescence to the Church.
The best way to be an atheist is to read the Booble. This is why many atheists have a better grasp on Scripture than the theists who only get regurgitated study on Wednesday and Sunday.
given more than ample time and a myriad exhortations to repent ...it is obvious God doesn't people to suffer perdition either ..

the idol you heathens adore is self ...you , put self above God ....
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224479 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We
poo poo
Manage a toy
Poly view
Deja view
See? I speak the France talk.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.-.Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224480 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>So, which construction equipment sales are conducted at this time on a Saturday evening?
How would I know?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224481 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
You're lost in the woods on this one. The original poster sarcastically stated that headaches are caused by sin.
She wasn't being sarcastic, she was being very serious. She often blames Christianity for bad things, never credits Christianity for good things.

That should show you an extreme bias and make you skeptical.

But you're not really a skeptic.

Las Vegas, NV

#224482 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>The number one source of Christian persecution was from other Christians. The Puritans escaped England because they were not allowed to impose their brand on other Christians. They came to the New World and continued their persecution. All the sects outside of the Quakers, Amish and Mennonites did. Christian on Christian crime and murder was rampant in the Colonies outside of Smith's Rhode Island and Penn's Pennsylvania.
The Danbury Baptists were actually the impetus for the First Amendment, a law which actually allowed Christianity to flourish in this country. No one wants to be told how or what to worship, as god belief is nothing more than an extension of the ego. If there were an official state religion in America, Christianity would have died off as it has in Europe. If an official religion were imposed here now, the resultant religious war would be the bloodiest conflict in history. After all, which of the 40,000 sects and schisms of Christianity would be imposed?
The number one source of Christian persecution , that has been openly and honestly recorded ...is that that has occurred at the hands of other Christians ..

but , innocent Christian blood spilt by the Marxists is hidden and unknown ..same..goes to the blood spilt by the Muslims ....but , honest historians give us numbers that would shock the socks right off of your feet ..
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224483 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>given more than ample time and a myriad exhortations to repent ...it is obvious God doesn't people to suffer perdition either ..
the idol you heathens adore is self ...you , put self above God ....
No, your myth wouldn't have perdition if it didn't want it.

I told you before to have a thought and then go with the opposite. I don't worship myself. I don't have anything before your god for your god is imaginary. Christianity is the ultimate worship of self. Ask yourself honestly, when was the last time your god disagreed with you on any of your personal opinions. Your god is invisible. You can't even describe its nature. It is nothing more than a reflection of your ego. Christianity is an army of one where you create a god in your own image. It is nothing more than you trying to give yourself some crazy air of authority with your invisible pocket god. It is wholly evident in your words:

I am not going to suffer perdition. I am going to Heaven. You have no morals. You worship yourself. You are going to be tortured forever for disagreeing with me.

You are actually beginning to sicken me because you have trotted out every single tired line from the Christian play book. Yep, Bucko, only you have it right. Why? Because your god is modeled after you. No one else stands a chance to be more like you, and then, ergo, your self-made god, than you. Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance. It suits you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224484 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
I forgot that you're just a troll.
But you **are** a pedophile-- that fact has long since been established.

You also beat women whenever it suits you.

You are one sick Christofascist.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224485 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing because of a disbelief is not the same as killing for a disbelief.
Agreed.

Throughout history, many-many people have been killed because they did **not** believe in the current religious bigotry.

But nobody kills in the name of not believing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224486 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.-.Martin Luther King, Jr.
Humor....

NEEEEEEE-YOW!

Right over your noggin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 6 min Nohweh 122
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min Joe Fortuna 412
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 665,076
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Bongo 87,824
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min Rider on the Storm 184,649
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jedi Mind Master 977,162
I. .My Somali husband and the impending second ... (Feb '14) 1 hr Sir didi 9
More from around the web