Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224413 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
It has been mostly edited out, but she is still in it.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/go...
http://biblehub.com/2_kings/21-7.htm

"He took the carved Asherah pole he had made and put it in the temple, of which the LORD had said to David and to his son Solomon, "In this temple and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put my Name forever."

No mention of God having a wife.

"The king ordered Hilkiah the high priest, the priests next in rank and the doorkeepers to remove from the temple of the LORD all the articles made for Baal and Asherah and all the starry hosts. He burned them outside Jerusalem in the fields of the Kidron Valley and took the ashes to Bethel."

ASHERAH - The Lord God’s Lady?
The goddess Asherah was the consort of El ("god"), the supreme god of Canaan and father of the popular Baal.{SNIP}
Baal is a fertility god worshipped by the Canaanites, it isn't the Christian God, the God from the Bible.

I think I've made my point, God had no wife.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224414 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
1% control all the puppet strings of the government. The middle class is rapidly disappearing. The minimum wage can't support a human being on a 40 hour week.
At least we have Obamacare!
This country has been broken for 30+ years.
It continues it's downhill spiral.
That's why they want a war - nothing generates business like a good old-fashioned war.
And when it comes to war we have no equal on the planet.
We are a nuclear armed dinosaur.
With religious lunatics at the helm.
In God we trust? Or would that be RUST?
..the old adage ..war makes money ...yeah, we can put 'that' pig to bed ...ample evidence , that it was never true ..

I don't care where you are from ....I would rather have the problems our country faces , then those of any other nation ..!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224415 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
I know ! some of my best relatives were dinosaurs how about yours?
When Noah built his ark he forgot about the dinos!
talk about a gift from God - it was a wonderful feast and food supply for us!
That's how we died you know - we ate all the food up and then the ark sunk.
There's a persistent rumor that the ark is hiding under Malaysian flight 370
..Wow..?!

have you been drinking ..??
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#224416 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
God’s statement "Let us make man in our image" (Gen. 1:26),
...that Yahweh was not alone in his heaven.
...yeah , some claim it is a royal ' we '....as , in the Queen could say " we are not amused ."

But , I assert ..the Holy Trinity is biblical ..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#224417 Apr 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So all kings and all priests deserve to die?
Ah, the 'rational atheist' oxymoron... Stupidity with no limit.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
So your 'reply' to the exposure of an incredibly ugly and idiotic comment is to post more???
How about admitting how stupid it was???
There is no depth to the idiocy of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrational moron theist speaks again.
"Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." ~Jesus Christ
How much do you believe that boy of yours?
Based on his comments sounds to me like you're headed for the lake of fire !
I hope you have the appropriate fishing tackle and asbestos boat!
"I turned to speak to God, about the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there." ~Robert Frost
Come on, man up! You posted a really stupid, bigoted and hateful quote.

Or do you really think ALL kings and priests should be killed?

SMile.
O G Kush

United States

#224418 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Wow..?!
have you been drinking ..??
Nah... just bored on Sunday and fooling around with topix. I don't drink.

Actually I have no excuse other then to blame it on my pipe and what it contains!

And frankly this is about as biblical as I get!

EZ KILL
34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

Here is a pretty picture of the plant of renown!

http://91life.stickyguide.com/marijuana-strai...
O G Kush

United States

#224419 Apr 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So all kings and all priests deserve to die?
Ah, the 'rational atheist' oxymoron... Stupidity with no limit.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
So your 'reply' to the exposure of an incredibly ugly and idiotic comment is to post more???
How about admitting how stupid it was???
There is no depth to the idiocy of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
<quoted text>
Come on, man up! You posted a really stupid, bigoted and hateful quote.
Or do you really think ALL kings and priests should be killed?
SMile.
I don't think anyone should be killed - well I could make an exception in your case.. But who wants to kill to a retard? You are arguably the forums resident idiot.

By the way - if you smile any wider you'll get lipstick on your ears.

I believe those are the same ears someone's holding onto right now!

< Adjusts La-Z-Boy >
O G Kush

United States

#224420 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..the old adage ..war makes money ...yeah, we can put 'that' pig to bed ...ample evidence , that it was never true ..
I don't care where you are from ....I would rather have the problems our country faces , then those of any other nation ..!
Thou art deceived!

Tell your fairytale to Howard Hughes military supply business. It is probably the largest in the nation - Include the arms manufacturers.
Include all the weapons ships, tanks and machinery manufacturers.

Yeah they won't make any money will they ?
What planet are you from? Kolub?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#224422 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The ancient Israelites ..tended towards Henotheism , but I doubt any of them believe Yahweh has genitalia ..
As , for Allah and Yahweh ....I believe Mohammad picked pieces of the many pervasive religion of the time ..
ah , the Holy Trinity ...We , can't even wrap our minds around that one ..!..but , consider according to Genesis we were created in His image , and how does Freud describe our own psyche Id , ego and superego ...yet, we aren't 3 people ..
a pack of lies ....hmmm....Things that are found beneficial and worthy , tend to be passed on to our progeny the writings of Plato ,Socrates ,Shakespeare ,Beethoven ...why , would our ancestors translate this book and make so widespread and available ....?..if not for our benefit ...
You type like you're doing a really bad William Shatner/ James T. Kirk impression.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#224423 Apr 13, 2014
I have what I call the atheist fear test:

Galatians 6:7 NIV Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Take it by mocking God.

In one month, if you can, come back and tell us how your life is going.

SMile.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#224424 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
1% control all the puppet strings of the government. The middle class is rapidly disappearing. The minimum wage can't support a human being on a 40 hour week.
At least we have Obamacare!
This country has been broken for 30+ years.
It continues it's downhill spiral.
That's why they want a war - nothing generates business like a good old-fashioned war.
And when it comes to war we have no equal on the planet.
We are a nuclear armed dinosaur.
With religious lunatics at the helm.
In God we trust? Or would that be RUST?
It wont make any difference until you are starving.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224425 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I already knew that was your belief, you didn't have to share it.
I'll never allow your addled mind to direct discourse.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224426 Apr 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Galatians 6:7 NIV Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Take it by mocking God.
SMile.
Hey God, you look ridiculous in that beard and sandals.

Uh, Smirky, your irrational fears are your own.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#224427 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"He took the carved Asherah pole he had made and put it in the temple, of which the LORD had said to David and to his son Solomon, "In this temple and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put my Name forever."
<quoted text>
"The king ordered Hilkiah the high priest, the priests next in rank and the doorkeepers to remove from the temple of the LORD all the articles made for Baal and Asherah and all the starry hosts. He burned them outside Jerusalem in the fields of the Kidron Valley and took the ashes to Bethel."
<quoted text>
Baal is a fertility god worshipped by the Canaanites, it isn't the Christian God, the God from the Bible.
I think I've made my point, God had no wife.
When the ancient Israelite put as male and female deity in the same room beside each other. You could think something else I'm sure.
The fact is the ONE god, caused the destruction of the concept of a female god.
His wife was destroyed because of the idea of a supreme being.

A fact you cannot surmount , that you are not one.
Nor was your Yahweh, or any vision you have of god real.

Only the deluded imagination of retarded theists inventing an alternate reality
A fact proven in the courts of American laws..

O G Kush

United States

#224428 Apr 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Take it by mocking God.
SMile.
Blasphemy is a victimless crime dingbat!

Care order up a lightning bolt for me?

I believe the Bible was talking about you in this particular verse

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.-- Ezekiel 23:20
O G Kush

United States

#224430 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It wont make any difference until you are starving.
Krugerrand's insure I won't starve.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#224431 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...yeah , some claim it is a royal ' we '....as , in the Queen could say " we are not amused ."
But , I assert ..the Holy Trinity is biblical ..
Yes and I assert that biblical is retarded.
You are the evidence undeniable. Sanity is something you have never attained.
AND......

Your fantasies mere childishness as well as illogical and complete bull shit .
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224432 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..the old adage ..war makes money ...yeah, we can put 'that' pig to bed ...ample evidence , that it was never true ..
Once again you are fact deficient. Have you ever heard of Marine Corps Major General Smedley Darlington Butler? During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars, and France in World War I. By the end of his career, Butler had received 16 medals, five for heroism. He is one of 19 men to twice receive the Medal of Honor, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal and the Medal of Honor, and the only Marine to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

In 1933, he exposed The Business Plot, a military coup to overthrow FDR and install a military dictator. He was a true patriot in every sense of the word. He wrote a book in 1935 that is easily available for free, online. "War is a Racket" is a scathing expose of the military industrial complex firmly ensconced from K Street to Wall Street.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisarac...

An excerpt:

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few -- the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations.

For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it. Now that I see the international war clouds gathering, as they are today, I must face it and speak out.

Tell Major General Smedley Darlington Butler that "the pig should be put to bed." You're like Riverside a Redneck. When you have a thought, just consider the opposite to be true.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224433 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...mere bluster ...
Nobody is going to allow their currency to used as the worlds money ....they , have eyes they can clearly see the predicament the U.S.A is in ..counterfeiters abound ( we're coming out with new countermeasures every decade )....we can't control the price of the dollar ...as , the Chinese do with their currency ...
believe what you want , conspiracy theorists ....are pretty much retarded ...
And yet you follow the biggest conspiracy evinced on man. The Booble. Go figure.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224434 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
I'll never allow your addled mind to direct discourse.
M'kay pumpkin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My mom is getting married again 26 min jaxon66 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 39 min Rednek 71,851
I travel a lot and it affects my dating life 39 min lance63 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Michael 699,463
News Ex-Teacher Back in Jail (May '06) 1 hr nutzaplente 4
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 1 hr Johnny 56
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Johnny 9
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Johnny 133
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Big Al 995,081
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Big Al 447,425