Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#224339 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Idiocy....only stupid people believe this ...
What medium would Saddam use ..??...The Euro , Europe is much too unstable no one would use it ....the Yuan , as if the Chinese would ever allow their currency to be put on the worlds market , they would lose total control of its price ...
Saddam a tin pot dictator ...was all bluster , and you know it . There's no way he could made the smallest dent in the way the world trades in petrodollars ..
The Gulf War began when Iraq moved its armor towards the Saudi oil fields ...and , for no other reason ...
Iraq at the time had the second largest known amount of oil reserves , and is still considered this to some extent. Second to Saudi Arabia
Although it is now thought to be the or fifth largest total oil reserves due to the newest discoveries And Venezuela has pushed the Saudi fields to second place.
But in 1991 and 2000, this amount of money traded in euros infuriated both the UN and Washington. Make no mistake his move to cripple the dollar was the straw that broke the camels back. This same thing is what Iran is trying to do, forced to do so from the sanctions.
And now Russia, but there is yet another war over the dollar concerning oil trade, it's inevitable.

http://empirestrikesblack.com/2011/06/flashba...

http://www.globalpolicy.org/political-issues-...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224340 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....They should ...I applaud Chinese and Russian warship patrolling the coast of the Horn of Africa ...
And , when Russia's ice breaker came to the aid of my countrymen in a remote Alaskan village ...sure it was embarrassing ...but , catastrophe was avoided , and I am deeply grateful .
and , please don't insinuate Crimea is Russia being responsible , there was no upheaval no internecine violence ..it was a land grab ..
When Saddam annexed Kuwait, the US went ballistic.

When Russia did the same thing to the Crimea, the US sat on its hands.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224341 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way do you think I proved his point?
You are too stupid to understand.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224342 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Saudi Arabia gives away oil.
ROFLMAO
...there's no industry in the K.S.A ( kingdom of saudi arabia ) no business acumen ....they , have an abundance of a precious natural resource ....that's it ..
O G Kush

United States

#224343 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....They should ...I applaud Chinese and Russian warship patrolling the coast of the Horn of Africa ...
And , when Russia's ice breaker came to the aid of my countrymen in a remote Alaskan village ...sure it was embarrassing ...but , catastrophe was avoided , and I am deeply grateful .
and , please don't insinuate Crimea is Russia being responsible , there was no upheaval no internecine violence ..it was a land grab ..
It appears my spelling has gone awry!
It must be Satan invading my android!

O g needs to put down her pipe for a moment or two!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224344 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, I wasn't exposed to religions.

I paid little attention to them until 9/11.

Who cares what anyone thinks about creators?
I certainly don't I have better things to do!

Based on this forum title - this was my first comment.

The position of the atheist is that the theist has not successfully met his or her burden of proof.

Proof, with regard to gods rests solely with the side claiming their existence.

When phrased to focus on faith, the claim typically centers on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of atheism.

They have erroneously convinced themselves that atheism means absolute certainty that no gods exist.

They reason that to be absolutely certain without proof is a form of faith.

Atheism is not about certainty at all; it is about doubt.
Look how much you don't care.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224345 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>You are too stupid to understand.
Or you just like to spout off nonsense.

Ya, probably that.
O G Kush

United States

#224346 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
And accomplished their land grab without violence and the support of the crimean people.

Have you forgotten the USA's landgrab of all Native American lands? And the near extermination of the tribes?

Somebody said this l let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I believe that applies here as well
O G Kush

United States

#224347 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look how much you don't care.....
Who in gods green acre are you?
And what makes you think I give one rats ass what you think?

But the wheels back on your trailer
O G Kush

United States

#224348 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
When Saddam annexed Kuwait, the US went ballistic.
When Russia did the same thing to the Crimea, the US sat on its hands.
The only reason the US government is sitting on its hands is because its owners on Wall Street haven't allotted enough funds for a massive war yet.

Let's see how much the rest of the world is willing to cooperate with another US war.

When do they start asking Britain and France to support them?

NATO is as useless as an kewpie doll on a Harley Davidson.

“we the people” must take back our government by peaceful revolution because it will never be given back voluntarily.

Remember what President John F. Kennedy said: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224349 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>Who in gods green acre are you?
And what makes you think I give one rats ass what you think?

But the wheels back on your trailer
For a person that claims to not care about God or Christians very much, you sure do talk about God and Christians an awful lot.

Just sayin.....
O G Kush

United States

#224350 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look , I don't really care to hear your life's story ...
And , yes you were exposed to religion ...your parents are Atheists ..but , you have grandparents and childhood friends whom you went to church with ....
I absolutely agree , Atheists can not prove God does not exist ..nor...can Theists give empirical proof that He does ....but , we can surmise .
Like all things , nothing is that simple a strong Atheist adamantly insists there is no God ..a weak Atheist doesn't believe in God either , but is too afraid to accept the burden of proof ..
an ,Agnostic ...is the dude with doubt .
And I surmise that you are bat shit crazy.

No offense I just don't share your feelings.

Here's a little Sunday humor for you.

DATELINE
13/04/2014

A 2000 member church is invaded by two hooded armed gunmen

They fire their AK-47s into the chapel ceiling and shout "who present is willing to take a bullet for Jesus"?

The choir leaves
The deacons leave
The pastor and 11 people remain in the church.

The gunman pull off their hoods and turn to the pastor and say...

"You may begin your service now... we've got rid of the hypocrites for you."

That will be $666.66
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224351 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel traditionally defines god as a male deity, who in the early stages had a wife.
But his wife was ostracized into obscurity and the worship of Asherah was forgotten.
Also the god of Israel and the god of Muslims are two different deities, this has become known through archeology , as archeology reveals all truths swept under the rug. These two different gods melded into the one god you know of today. But curiously your one god is actually three
and you think I'm confused? Yes I'm confused as to how you can by into it , lock stock and barrel ...... when it's all a pack of lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jYD0LzmilE8XX
The ancient Israelites ..tended towards Henotheism , but I doubt any of them believe Yahweh has genitalia ..

As , for Allah and Yahweh ....I believe Mohammad picked pieces of the many pervasive religion of the time ..

ah , the Holy Trinity ...We , can't even wrap our minds around that one ..!..but , consider according to Genesis we were created in His image , and how does Freud describe our own psyche Id , ego and superego ...yet, we aren't 3 people ..

a pack of lies ....hmmm....Things that are found beneficial and worthy , tend to be passed on to our progeny the writings of Plato ,Socrates ,Shakespeare ,Beethoven ...why , would our ancestors translate this book and make so widespread and available ....?..if not for our benefit ...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224352 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. You're a liar, the proof is your calling me a pedophile
But you **are** a pedophile-- that fact has long since been established.

You also beat women whenever it suits you.

You are one sick Christofascist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224353 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In Amish Chrisitnaity, they will confiscate your property and force you out of your home if you do not "believe properly" ... with violence if needed.
Lots of unmarked graves on Amish farms, too.
Indeed, I have no doubts of that whatsoever.

Anything based on the bible or the equally evil, quoran, is going to be malicious as it's fundamental base.

This is because either book is also maliciously evil.

The proof is all over Topix: pick a random Godbot, and read their hate-filled posts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224354 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not forget: if paradise exists then the possibility of those 72 virgins could be males!
SILENCE! "I kill you"
~ Achmed the dead terrorist
Indeed--- or really, really old (and not in the least interested in sex of any sort).

Think: Mother Teresa.

*shudder*

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224355 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure speculation.
Dismissed as such.
Nope.

Actual studies/surveys of people over the past 10 years or so, shows a **sharp** correlation between belief (or lack thereof) and higher education.

And YOU are PROOF of that! You have virtually NO education of any merit.

And YOU are just another stupid and malicious god-robot.

There you go!

LMAO!
O G Kush

United States

#224356 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For a person that claims to not care about God or Christians very much, you sure do talk about God and Christians an awful lot.
Just sayin.....
Fair enough I can see your confusion
I have more interest in political issues than superstition.

Religion is so immersed in the national psyche and there so many religious nuts in office it's only natural that comments about religion would surface.

A higher percentage the people in Afghanistan voted than did in the last US election what does that indicate to you?

Number one question is Edward Snowden (malware distributor extraordinaire ) a traitor or did he reveal something very sinister and ugly?

Only Vladimir knows for sure!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224357 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kusf wrote:
<quoted text>
"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."
Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos
Organized religion is so palpably stupid it's unbelievable anybody buys into it in this age!
According to Christianity, uncle Adolf could've said " I'm sorry please forgive me" and the pearly gates will be opened.
Like I said before - stupid
Beyond stupid-- Jeffery Dahamer, the canibal, was reported to have "found Jewsus" in his final days--

-- and thus? According to their own stupid rules?

Dahamer is enjoying heaven even now...

... What?

... The?

... EFF?

It's a stupid religion all around.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224358 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
And I surmise that you are bat shit crazy.
No offense I just don't share your feelings.
Here's a little Sunday humor for you.
DATELINE
13/04/2014
A 2000 member church is invaded by two hooded armed gunmen
They fire their AK-47s into the chapel ceiling and shout "who present is willing to take a bullet for Jesus"?
The choir leaves
The deacons leave
The pastor and 11 people remain in the church.
The gunman pull off their hoods and turn to the pastor and say...
"You may begin your service now... we've got rid of the hypocrites for you."
That will be $666.66
LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Huh 982,358
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 8 min Guy from Latonia 11
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min swampmudd 7,805
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Clearwater 123,807
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Michael 681,924
Baiting Up Email For Scamming 6 hr Resist the urge 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr onemale 286,558
More from around the web