Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#223917 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't? Why not? I think they can (and should) buy some of their clothes. It teaches them responsibility.
There are far better and more responsible ways of teaching responsibility than give pocket money with one hand and then taking it back with the other.

If you are not willing to accept responsibility for the upkeep of you children than you should have kept your dick in your pants nine months before they were born.

#223918 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I buy 90% of my kid's clothes. I have them buy some of their own clothes to teach them about responsibility with their money and belongings. Just last night my son asked me when payday is because he wants new clothes.
I pay them for doing chores around the house like washing the cars, mowing the lawn, etc. They have a 'steady income'.
I also make them pay their own phone bill, which you'll probably have some kind of problem with.
That is not teaching responsibility that is teaching that their father is unwilling to accept responsibility for his actions, as we have seen on several previous occasions before. And what is so worrying is that you don’t even realise what you do.

I have serious problems with asking children to pay for their life. Just as I have with genital mutilation and forcing children into religious indoctrination before they are capable of making their own decisions. But certainly you see no problem with indoctrinating children into your faith do you?

My kids get an allowance that is topped up with payment for chores. That is their money and theirs alone, money that they have earned to use as and when they want. Not to pay for needs that I am responsible for.

#223919 Apr 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
http://picslap.com/images/arse .jpg
<quoted text>
Thinking wrote:
State contraception yields great returns on the money invested, way over 10:1. redneck isn't too bright. Poor and badly educated kids often end up believers.
<quoted text>
Poor and pooly educated kids tend to be indoctrinated by the will of their poor and poorly educated parents because their parents parents indoctrinated them etc… to be believers in what there poor and poorly educated great grandparents believed.
Thinking wrote:
http://picslap.com/images/arse .jpg
<quoted text>
Your is funnier but mine is by far cuter…

#223920 Apr 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
Stalin killed 43,000,000 to 48,000,000 people. Most of the deaths, around 39,000,000 were due to lethal forced labor in gulag and transit thereto.
Atheists have murdered 110,000,000, or near two-thirds of all those killed by all governments, quasi-governments, and guerrillas from 1900 to 1987.
Herbert Hoover never murdered one person.
You are a piece of shit liar. And you will take it like a coward.
You do get so very easily confused, you are once again mixing up atheism with nationalism.

The fact that most of those deaths claimed by good, honest christians were not actually the responsibility of atheists seems to be beside the point. Some good honest christian wrote a book in the 60’s or 70s and wow, we all know how good honest christians revere books that are written in favour of their wishes.

State-imposed atheism is not only impossible it is a ridiculous concept. Contrary to your (and many godbots wish) atheism is not a belief, a faith, a set of doctrines or dogmas and as such it cannot be imposed.

Stalin, raised christian, tripped for the priesthood, dismantled the corruption and state nepotism rife in the Russian church. After consolidating his power held responsibility for the rebuilding of the church in the way a church should operate as opposed to treating the tsars as demi gods. He was responsible for the murders of so many Russian people in the name of nationalism, often confused by good “honest” christians with atheism

Hitler, raised christian, soldier of christ, his teenage aim was to become a priest. Many of his atrocities were based on bible teaching and he had the backing of the Vatican, he has never been excommunicated. Another case of christians confusing nationalism and atheism.

Pol Pot, Theravada Buddhist but raised and educated at a catholic school.

Mao Zedong, Raised Buddhist but rejected the teachings in the name of nationalism.

So funny how those “atheist” blamed by christianity for so much death were in fact educated in religious belief.

And religions have killed over 800,000,000 in the name of their god so your point is what?

#223921 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
He was 16 and he used a condom.
Good to see you Christine :-)
Thank you for answering, it’s more than arrarr would do

I wonder if he bought the condom or if it was a freeby from his local health centre?

And good to see you too, we had a bit of an eventful week

#223922 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
He's modified his argument by now saying they should pay for condoms. Before that, he ways saying they shouldn't have condoms at all.
He reckons he paid for the condom he used.
christian charity is non existent if one goes by ar ar's proselytising.
OK, I hadn’t seen this post, thanks again.

Christian charity? Unless they can get a mention in the press or their name above the door of a new hospital wing then charity seems to be anathema to them.

It’s all about what will they get out of this if they donate to such and such a cause and because arrarr has nothing to donate then he resents anyone (including children) being the beneficiary.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#223924 Apr 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There are far better and more responsible ways of teaching responsibility than give pocket money with one hand and then taking it back with the other.
If you are not willing to accept responsibility for the upkeep of you children than you should have kept your dick in your pants nine months before they were born.
He puts pants over his entire self? Weird.
O G Kush

Winter Garden, FL

#223925 Apr 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
“As I see it, only God can be all-powerful without danger, because his wisdom and justice are always equal to his power. Thus there is no authority on earth so inherently worthy of respect, or invested with a right so sacred, that I would want to let it act without oversight or rule without impediment.”
&#8213; Alexis de Tocqueville

“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”
-~Denis Diderot
O G Kush

Winter Garden, FL

#223926 Apr 11, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Atomic' bomb, used twice by the Christian President Harry Truman, killed more civilians in a shorter period of time than any in history before or since..
As I recall... Popular legends suggests in the ancient past ... Earth encountered a serious water problem ... brought on by a rather vindictive deity.

This alleged diety is the greatest mass murderer of all time.

And worshiped by many for this evil deed.

Organized religion and superstition make excellent bedfellows.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223927 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind. Which I'll happily demonstrate in any scenario.
Christianity has existed for less than 2,000 years.

So it's responsible for every bad thing even before it existed?

I didn't know that. Thanks.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#223928 Apr 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity has existed for less than 2,000 years.

So it's responsible for every bad thing even before it existed?

I didn't know that. Thanks.
I'm never surprised about your lack of knowledge Bucky duck.

Location hidden

#223929 Apr 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You do get so very easily confused, you are once again mixing up atheism with nationalism.
The fact that most of those deaths claimed by good, honest christians were not actually the responsibility of atheists seems to be beside the point. Some good honest christian wrote a book in the 60’s or 70s and wow, we all know how good honest christians revere books that are written in favour of their wishes.
State-imposed atheism is not only impossible it is a ridiculous concept. Contrary to your (and many godbots wish) atheism is not a belief, a faith, a set of doctrines or dogmas and as such it cannot be imposed.
Stalin, raised christian, tripped for the priesthood, dismantled the corruption and state nepotism rife in the Russian church. After consolidating his power held responsibility for the rebuilding of the church in the way a church should operate as opposed to treating the tsars as demi gods. He was responsible for the murders of so many Russian people in the name of nationalism, often confused by good “honest” christians with atheism
Hitler, raised christian, soldier of christ, his teenage aim was to become a priest. Many of his atrocities were based on bible teaching and he had the backing of the Vatican, he has never been excommunicated. Another case of christians confusing nationalism and atheism.
Mao Zedong, Raised Buddhist but rejected the teachings in the name of nationalism.
So funny how those “atheist” blamed by christianity for so much death were in fact educated in religious belief.
And religions have killed over 800,000,000 in the name of their god so your point is what?
Bull shit.

Stalin was also educated in mathematics. But he did not kill for math.

He killed for atheism. Lenin killed for atheism. Hitler killed to eradicate Judaism and Christianity.

58% of historical atheist leaders have mass murdered their own citizens.

Huge fucking coincidence, huh?

Religious killers can't hold a candle to the atheist body count.

Atheists would still be murdering if they had the power. They should never be allowed power.

The dead bodies of the killing fields go in your team's column, Chrissy.

Embrace it. Live with it. You can't get around it. You can run, but you can't hide.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#223930 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's my damn sammich, woman?!
I don't know, check up your ass!

LMAO, I'm in a weird mood! Don't take offense, booze brain.

Location hidden

#223931 Apr 11, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to you on the other side, Clementine.
XOXO
U there yet? Did u see the light?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#223932 Apr 11, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Atomic' bomb, used twice by the Christian President Harry Truman, killed more civilians in a shorter period of time than any in history before or since..
..It also ended the War ..

So Atheists would rather allow such a destructive conflict to continue ......Is , this your point ..?

Location hidden

#223933 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm never surprised about your lack of knowledge Bucky duck.
Oh, I'm so sorry.

But thanks for the education.

Now I know that Christianity caused all the problems of mankind thousands of years before it existed, or anyone had ever thought of it.

That's useful info. Thanks.

Location hidden

#223934 Apr 11, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Hope all is well? Where you been?
all is well! just been busy studying. How about u? still driving everyone crazy?

Location hidden

#223935 Apr 11, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Clem!
Welcome back. Everything okay?
Hi hunny! Everything is good! How have u been? Anybody u want me to annoy the hell outta?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#223936 Apr 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you believe Marxism to be Atheistic or not is irrelevant ...

The point you need to understand ; is that when the government moves against freedom of conscience , you get totalitarianism .........100% of the time .

Since: Sep 10

United States

#223937 Apr 11, 2014
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U there yet? Did u see the light?
Yes, Clementine, I'm here already, up and ready to go.

You're my teacher!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Chess Jurist 542,113
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min nanoanomaly 738,732
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Lost In Transition 173,641
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Porkpie Hat 259,213
How to get 600MB with Just #100 On Airtel 22 min Kalamo 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min An NFL Fan 118,217
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min WasteWater 4,465
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 600,999
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE