Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255514 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224156 Apr 12, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you feel when they told you not to eat shellfish or wear clothing of mixed fibers?
....I felt pensive ...and , to my chagrin more than a little aroused ...!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224157 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..thank-you brother in Christ ..
You're welcome.

http://a0.img.mobypicture.com/a0cd6002550b478...

Las Vegas, NV

#224158 Apr 12, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You're welcome to believe whatever claptrap you want to believe.
Keep it out of our public education system, out of our politics, out of our science and out of our laws.
How many people have been burned at the Christian stake because their CORRECT science went against biblical dogma?
How much farther would we be advanced if other great thinkers hadn't been afraid-rightfully so-of meeting the same fate?
....See , now we're at loggerheads , if God is our Creator and everything we have comes from Him , who in their right mind would exclude Him from our daily lives ...?

You are mistaken , we weren't vicious killers astronomers and philosophers weren't murdered for having different points of view , the ones murdered were actively and unrepentantly preaching a different gospel ..does government have the right to quell rebellions ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#224159 Apr 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is responsible for the deliberate dumbing down of Americans for several hundred years.
..you heathens are so unhinged , you can't see reality ....parochial schools , offer some of the very best of educations ...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224160 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you heathens are so unhinged , you can't see reality ....parochial schools , offer some of the very best of educations ...
That's very true. I've posted links several times offering evidence that Christian schools produce far more intelligent graduates than secular, state funded schools.

They choose to ignore that, they always do.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224161 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you heathens are so unhinged , you can't see reality ....parochial schools , offer some of the very best of educations ...
Like where to go for the best prostitutes?

Las Vegas, NV

#224162 Apr 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing, the jesus character in your myth, is dead.
In all probability, he's dirt now.
...What I found truly horrifying , is how often ' Jesus'..'Jesus Christ'..'Goddamn'..names explicitly forbidden , fall from Atheists lips ...

I don't subscribe to Norse mythology ....never , have I uttered " Odins balls " when under duress ...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224163 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I see no difference between the God of Christianity and their Satan.
Indeed not-- both are equally fictitious.

And both are equally selfish; a true reflection of your typical Genuine Christian™, from who's image these gods were fashioned.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224164 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY, Pedo!
Indeed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224165 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no 100lb hailstones. Just learned that on the weather channel. the updraft needed to create them is more than can be produced on Earth.
The largest hailstone recorded was only 6" in diameter.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/...
I bet you eat blue ice.
Your fantasy world sucks. I'll take reality any day.
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224166 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
A truly sad little man, Redneck, is someone who is a bald-faced liar and cheats his employer out of an honest days' work for an honest days' wages. Your lies and dishonesty are your own.
An even sadder little man, Redneck, is someone who has such a severe compulsion to post on Topix that he spends upwards of 12 hours a day doing it, to the virtual exclusion of all else that is worthwhile, valuable, and within the scope of an emotionally and mentally health person.
You are a fraud, and so deluded that you think two distinctly different people are one and the same.
Pitiful small man..........
Indeed-- R.R. is a sad specimen.

He is a tribute to his sad little hate-cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224167 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
I have been dutifully appointed to expose fraud in the workplace; all of us pay, by way of higher prices for goods and services, when people cheat their employer out of a decent days' wages. It is no different than employee theft of a business' inventory, or shoplifting, or embezzlement; they're all costs the business have to make up somewhere.
It is particularly appalling when those committing these thefts are hiding under the guise of "high Christian morals".
Public service announcements will continue sporadically until further notice!
One of many reasons why I'm self-employed-- my time is *always* my own.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224168 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it looks like your Christian brethren have beat you to that, all in the name of hate the sin, love the sinner:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/05/21/pa...
Just out of curiosity, are you seeking to unseat the Redneck for most ridiculous and vulgar poster on this and the PTAG thread?
And old story (from 2012), but typical of your average Genuine Christian™.

That is one of several reasons why it's just another hate-cult.

I wonder if that "pastor" is still leading that church into sin?(hate) How hypocritical of him-- his own Jewsus commanded him to **love** his enemies-- not fence them in with the intent to **murder** them...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224169 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..except..for your anger ..
I willing accept ...there are no unicorns ..
..or , superheros ....
..or lava monsters ..
yet , I DON'T GET THIS PERTURBED ......that , I feel "I" have to launch ' 5' rebuttals ....as , you ,always feel you must ......hater ..
I type very fast-- it took me, what? 10 minutes to rebut the HateTheist.

His hate is worthy of rebuttal.

You?

You are simply ignorant.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224170 Apr 12, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to destroy our future by invoking unicorns, superheroes or lava monsters.
Indeed not.

On the other hand?

Have you ever seen My Little Pony? That is a travesty of **epic** proportions.

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224171 Apr 12, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
God can deal with it by removing sin from the earth.
That also means removing everything which is attached to sin.
Which essentially means your own destruction.
That being the case, and that you also want it wrapped up, are you still willing that God stops holding back his justice, that He should give up on you and end it all?
Wow... your god is 100% evil.

You **know** that, right?

You worship an evil monster-god?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224172 Apr 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Answers in Genesis recommends that you not use that "morals" argument any more.
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224173 Apr 12, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to interpret Diderot as you wish.
"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." ~George Bernard Shaw
Hell?
Any person capable of the most basic critical thinking should be able to see very easily that such an idea of a physical paradise where there is no suffering is a completely illogical concept.
I would like to know how it is physically possible for a world with no suffering to exist. And I would specifically like to know whether carnivores would continue to eat herbivores, and how both could exist in a world with no suffering.
I am not interested in talking about metaphysics or fantasy-physics or any bald assertions about God.
I am only interested in the logical consistency of these ill logical claims about paradise.
I wonder whether 'the faithful ' have thought critically about the paradise they claim exists, or whether all of their argumentation about physics and metaphysics leads to nowhere but a concept of paradise which is fundamentally illogical and impossible to begin with.
LMAO!

You used "the faithful" and "thought critically" in the same sentence.

LMAO!

If these people could **actually** think critically?

They would not be religious, would they?

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224174 Apr 12, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The Maniraptora line shows it to be so, as does the dna of all avian species.
But many new species that blur the lines between the two species have been unearthed in China in recent discoveries. When you get to those that you can't be sure if they are truly a bird or really a dinosaur , there is no doubt where they came from.
Indeed there is not-- the line between bird and dinosaur is unbroken, if you look at the DNA trail.

These are **facts** that prove the evolution of dinos into modern birds.

There is no getting around them-- without lying, of course.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224175 Apr 12, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed there is not-- the line between bird and dinosaur is unbroken, if you look at the DNA trail.

These are **facts** that prove the evolution of dinos into modern birds.

There is no getting around them-- without lying, of course.
Even though scientists can't find the "switched-off" genes that control dinosaur-like traits?

Huh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min nanoanomaly 49,074
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 10 min Ruby88 53,825
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 22 min Truthiness 6
Democrats....... Ha! 26 min Truthiness 2
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 28 min Truthiness 23
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,090
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 52 min ChristineM 445,728
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Michael 646,746
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 971,753
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr hungtexas69 24
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web