Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256578 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224116 Apr 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Last night I went to see the movie,“God is not dead.”
It’s a movie where Atheism and Christianity collide.
Kevin Sorbo plays the role of Professor Radisson (Atheist).
I think he did a outstanding job in this role.
This movie appeals to both Atheist and Christians. Both sides of the argument is presented. If you are looking for something to do tonight, go and see it.
..." get behind me satan ....! "

you gotta be fibbing , Kevin Sorbo can't act ...!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224117 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..why is this evil ...?
This is crux of why we give God a masculine pronoun ...He has a Fathers love , i.e. He lets us take risks knowing we could fall and skin our knees , or get thrown from the horse ...
only when you are in over your head , do Fathers rush to their child's aid ...
There is a difference between let a child take risks and putting impossible and deadly obstacles in its path.

Bible God is a viciously evil POS.

Why did God create diseases ?

Las Vegas, NV

#224118 Apr 12, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't hate what doesn't exist.
Why do you yards keep going there?
...I know , you guys keep regurgitating this line ..What , you claim to hate is our strictures our oppressiveness our laws ...

So , I ask " What is it that you want to do , that Christianity keeps holding you back ..?"

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224119 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you deny the truth constantly.
You are a liar, what you write isn't truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224120 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
What makes you think God created diseases?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224121 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...If you agree with "BenAdam" that something can be' evil '.

You obviously believe that morality is objective , rather than subjective ..ie...that it comes from God .
....not really surprising , since according to "ChristineM" , you are still a Christian..
Hahaha!!

They've been implying "once a Christian always a Christian"....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224122 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I know , you guys keep regurgitating this line ..What , you claim to hate is our strictures our oppressiveness our laws ...

So , I ask " What is it that you want to do , that Christianity keeps holding you back ..?"
Doesn't hold ME back from anything.

It holds the world and the future back.

I worry what damage religion will do to future generations. I'll be long gone.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224123 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think God created diseases?
He doesn't.

You do.

Las Vegas, NV

#224124 Apr 12, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't hold ME back from anything.
It holds the world and the future back.
I worry what damage religion will do to future generations. I'll be long gone.
...There have been ideologies , that have persecuted Christians , these countries are so repugnant that they had to build walls to keep their populations from escaping ...

It's seem you and your ilk ...would destroy our future..

Las Vegas, NV

#224125 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between let a child take risks and putting impossible and deadly obstacles in its path.
Bible God is a viciously evil POS.
...Not to dismiss , the horror and helplessness caused by illness ...most , are easily avoided ..wash your hands , avoid really the cheap prostitutes ..etc.

When this question was put to Jesus , about a child being born blind ..He replies " It is so the works of God might be made visible through him ."

look, as a child when my parents told me it was ' bed time'....or...I had to turn off the T.V.
I too felt my parents were vicious evil pieces of shit ...I don't really know where I'm going with this ..? I guess my point is , illness and disease really helps us see just how precious and short life really is ...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#224126 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...If you agree with "BenAdam" that something can be' evil '.

You obviously believe that morality is objective , rather than subjective ..ie...that it comes from God .
....not really surprising , since according to "ChristineM" , you are still a Christian..
Sorry, I have enough trolls on my billet and won't be teaching reading and comprehension basics today. Shoo.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224127 Apr 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar, what you write isn't truth.
What I post is correct and the sane folks here know it.

Only a couple of Christ-Stains trolls agree with you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224128 Apr 12, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't.
You do.
I believe that everything was created by God.
However, I do not believe in any anthropomorphic deity, let lone one that is "perfect and good' by human standards.

Las Vegas, NV

#224129 Apr 12, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to interpret Diderot as you wish.
"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." ~George Bernard Shaw
Hell?
Any person capable of the most basic critical thinking should be able to see very easily that such an idea of a physical paradise where there is no suffering is a completely illogical concept.
I would like to know how it is physically possible for a world with no suffering to exist. And I would specifically like to know whether carnivores would continue to eat herbivores, and how both could exist in a world with no suffering.
I am not interested in talking about metaphysics or fantasy-physics or any bald assertions about God.
I am only interested in the logical consistency of these ill logical claims about paradise.
I wonder whether 'the faithful ' have thought critically about the paradise they claim exists, or whether all of their argumentation about physics and metaphysics leads to nowhere but a concept of paradise which is fundamentally illogical and impossible to begin with.
..Christian Heaven has never been fully revealed ...but, most of us don't believe there will be animals in Heaven ..

Think back to your greatest memories and most joyous occasions ...why , can't moments like that, last forever ..?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224130 Apr 12, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Not to dismiss , the horror and helplessness caused by illness ...most , are easily avoided ..wash your hands , avoid really the cheap prostitutes ..etc......
Am going through an 8 month process to survive a disease I got from a blood transfusion 30 years ago.
There is no escape from deadly diseases.

The "easily avoided" cop out is just BS.
Ask the children dying of cancer at St. Jude's. Bible God hates those children.

Bible God is evil.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#224131 Apr 12, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Rosa!
Great, thanks. But finding myself quite busy right now, which is always a good thing.
Seems like someone is having an identity crisis with me and Catcher, lol!
The poor sap.

Las Vegas, NV

#224132 Apr 12, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I have enough trolls on my billet and won't be teaching reading and comprehension basics today. Shoo.
..You're not being very Christian ...you'd better add another troll to your billet ....what would Jesus do ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#224133 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that everything was created by God.
However, I do not believe in any anthropomorphic deity, let lone one that is "perfect and good' by human standards.
...ah , just using human observation and intellect "deism" is quite rational ..

but , for those of us who believe in Christ , this is proof ( to us ) that God is truly interested and deeply concerned with our lives ...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224134 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>What I post is correct and the sane folks here know it.

Only a couple of Christ-Stains trolls agree with you.
Keep telling yourself that, BenAssFucked.

The only people that believe you are the crazy Topix Atheists! The same ones that think DNA didn't exist until it was discovered, people collect asteroids and Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that happened in the history of mankind.

You can have their lot.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224135 Apr 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that everything was created by God.
You know, we know. You've created your own deity that fits your own personal ideals.

That's insane. You're insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min here 64,366
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 10 min andet1987 32
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min truth 654,300
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min andet1987 2,595
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min who 281,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 183,202
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 45,260
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Truth Teller 106,581
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr pusherman_ 973,914
More from around the web